SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's your job? (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=27880)

xfaderx 06-21-2011 08:58 PM

What's your job?

just a general thread to see what people actually do for work/study in real life. I'll start first.

Currently running a family owned bakery in Australia. No added sugar cos i'm sweet enough, and yes I do have nice buns... i've heard all the jokes.

before that I was a police officer for about a year.
:great:

flamesz 06-21-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HairyArse (Post 706448)
just a general thread to see what people actually do for work/study in real life. I'll start first.

Currently running a family owned bakery in Australia. No added sugar cos i'm sweet enough, and yes I do have nice buns... i've heard all the jokes.

before that I was a police officer for about a year.
:great:

i don't want to get into ur personal life but why did u stop being a police officer if you can't tell it understand able

xfaderx 06-22-2011 01:55 AM

too much politics :erm
and way too many rules to follow.

I much prefer being my own boss :p
If i want to take a day off I don't need to fill out a ton of paperwork and wait for it to be approved.

(-SpideyKing-) 06-22-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfaderx (Post 706470)

I much prefer being my own boss :p
If i want to take a day off I don't need to fill out a ton of paperwork and wait for it to be approved.

Being your own boss sounds good to me lol. Nobody gonna tell you what to do xD.

I'm currently studying at University, going into my 3rd and final year of my degree, studying in computing and mathematical sciences. Doing allot of multimedia things, such as website designing/creation, games, programming, filming etc.

(-RyulorD-) 06-22-2011 05:18 AM

@xfaderx.. a fellow aussie lolz, not sure if I knew that.

anyhow im a payroll team leader who have 5 ppl working under me, the weird thing is when i started out some of these people were my supervisors and now I am theirs. Its strange how things work out.

A challenge for me is changing attitudes of the more older ppl who report to me, they dont like a young person telling them what to do.

but all in all its a great job, cant wait for that big lotto win and retire young and early lolz.

LadyChamp 06-22-2011 05:32 AM

Yeah thats what im aiming for lol working making someone else rich is not my style.

Im currently in school for cosmetology i basicly go to school and get paid to work in the salon i do nail hair feet and i cut hair lol i can do it all.

Hopefully one day i can own my own shop hehe still got a long way to go.

ChazyFresh 06-22-2011 06:03 AM

Graduated with my bachelors in computer networking from Penn State. Got my CCNA, MCIP, and Citrix certifications. I now work for a medical imaging company as the I.T. manager. Basically maintaining servers, VM's, monitoring & troubleshooting our VPN's/network, and going to our customer sites for new installs and maintenance. I'm going to Guam in 7 weeks for a new install at a local hospital. 3rd world country ish!

SmokinAces 06-22-2011 09:08 AM

I'm currently studying international private rights/ competition law in Germany. My main topic is the antitrust law. I also was abroad to study in Paris for a while. I'm not sure though if i want to work as a lawyer or as a consultant...

donkios 06-22-2011 10:17 AM

I clean the house on Saturdays and mow the lawn on Fridays.

Bank, son.

xfaderx 06-22-2011 08:04 PM

lol - interesting. I wanna read more...

SSJKarma 06-22-2011 09:50 PM

Today : working at the shrine notre-dame du cap as a security guard.
before : i pretyt much tryed many things, was working at metro. i worked for a few computer business, but they all ended up throwing me away for really stupid reasons.

in all seriousness, you dont do a job you hate, you do it for what it brings you and i'm not speaking of money. because even though money is a good thing at first it will decline real fast motivation wise. and now i just love my job... sometimes i wish i wasn't working day shifts, but other times i'm just glad to have to. great deal for me.

Juzie 06-23-2011 07:08 PM

I work on campus in the Physics/Math Clinic. Student go there to get help on their homework. I'm one of the tutors.
I also work part time at a design firm which does graphical design, interior design, architecture, web, etc. Interned there a long time ago and got the job there while still in school. Last semester coming up this fall (:

-AlphaRiku- 06-23-2011 09:55 PM

I run a sex addict facilitation

xfaderx 06-23-2011 11:49 PM

oh so that's why you and Dante hang out!

(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) 06-24-2011 02:14 PM

I'm a college student in the UK (college is not the same as university in UK), studying:
  • English Law
  • Psychology
  • Business
  • ICT
Currently graduating at Advanced Level (A-Level). After college I'm going to go university, although I don't feel like leaving college!!! :(

ChazyFresh 06-24-2011 04:31 PM

Whats the difference between college and university in UK?

(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) 06-25-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChazyFresh (Post 706628)
Whats the difference between college and university in UK?

In UK, we receive different certificated qualifications than in the US; therefore there are several factors which are different.

In UK, at High School we are graded with GCSE level qualifications (which are mandatory via English Law - we have to go to high school). We leave High School at the age of 16.

We can optionally continue our education on further at Advanced Level (A-Level), which is a lot harder and a bigger step up than GCSE. A-Level education is provided for free by the Government via our taxes. A-Level students usually range from ages of 16-19, although I will be leaving college at 18, and so will majority of the other students, as I (and they) will hopefully get the grades they want the first time. If they don't, then they have to resit the year, hence why they may leave at 19.

However, at college you do not have to get A-Level qualifications, you can get all other types (which are easier IMO), such as Apprenticeships (where you actually try the job you want out, and the employer reports back to the college with the student's progress).

After college, there comes University. Unlike all other education within UK, you have to pay for University, which initially costs 9,000 ($14,375) to get in (due to the new Government legislation). At University is where you graduate and I believe it lasts approximately 3 years, depending on the course.

Haha' sorry to type so much.. didn't know I had it in me. :)

Some things you may want to take a look at briefly:

ChazyFresh 06-26-2011 10:31 AM

Never knew that. Thanks for explaining Obnoxious!

Zpower 07-04-2011 12:19 PM

Currently: Trying to take over the world.(All other jobs fail in comparison)

marvel911 07-14-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfaderx (Post 706470)

By too many rules do you mean laws?

Wolfeh 07-24-2011 01:08 PM

Totally reviving this thread.

I'm a contractor. I consult with my aunt's reality firm to find new jobs and, in the company that I work for, I'm a floor manager in the main resourses building. I no longer do field work, but I do go out and bark orders a lot. =x My people wub me. I've been doing field work since I was roughly 13, and I still do under the table jobs, but for all intents and purposes, I'm done building ****. Early back problems.

Aside from that, I'm also a musician, as some of you already know.

BeCarefull 07-24-2011 03:25 PM

2 internet cafe stores
and car wash

x~Silver~x 07-24-2011 05:02 PM

hopefully at a dollorama close by if they call me back for the position

xfaderx 07-24-2011 07:06 PM

+1 for Wolfeh for reviving this thread!
u get reputation from me for that... not that it means anything

Wolfeh 07-24-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfaderx (Post 708031)
+1 for Wolfeh for reviving this thread!
u get reputation from me for that... not that it means anything

It means plenty? o.o