SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time. (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=35104)

blockattack 08-14-2014 11:23 AM

Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.
 

Yo, I think this is MAD childish and just real booty on the end of jay-z.. I am not one to post news, or whats going on in the world, I hardly care..
I saw this crap though and was like nah man..

Eminem has fallen off from what he used to be.. I admit, but he is by far superior to many rappers.. especially Kanye West.

So.. jay-z says he cant compare to 2-pac, big, himself or kanye? Ok... pac and big are in the hall of fame never to be surpassed ... but... kanye!? Kanye!? Jay is decent himself, and went real hard in his early days, just like Em did..
They both got stale-ish to me..

Em still raps about real things.. His life, and what goes in it.. as he always did. When he was younger, he had more interesting things to rap/rant about. Now that he's older.. Now that his a little more sane and calm, he's calm.. more peaceful .. and speaks about that. Which is still him rapping about his life.. thats never changed.

Jay has fell off to me.. rapping about random ish with kanye producing some of his songs.. it comes off as just insanity..

Even saying Em has fell off and is just standard... ALL TIME... Em outsold him and many others... thats minus his most recent albums..

Im real.. REAL salty at jay for hating like this... And to say the last hot song Em was on was when they did the Renegade song together is just bull..

Im salty..

Edit..

Reading the comments with this article.. the fans are making sense..
Em can acheive what he does because he has both the White AND Black audience.. and has always had that.

Jay.. targets one audience... and only recently is hopping into that *** pop ****... trying to get more groupies.

LiquidSnake78 08-14-2014 11:39 AM

Lyrically, Em can out-bar Jay-Z.
Though both are not within their prime, Em is lyrically over jay-z.

He has a better chance with a nas debate rather than a jay-z debate right now .. And even so, Even Nas himself said that Em can probably out-bar him right now.
He is technically the only one who kept himself relevant, in a lyrical formation, rather than the trending pop formation.

blockattack 08-14-2014 12:01 PM

Well its jayz that started it, not em..

im salty lol

LiquidSnake78 08-14-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockattack (Post 840557)
Well its jayz that started it, not em..

im salty lol

I never said em started it though. o_O
I feel your pain though. Lol.

blockattack 08-14-2014 12:11 PM

Yo.. im about to go platinum blonde to support the Em movement.. You in?

(-Kam-) 08-14-2014 12:23 PM

Ima let yall finish....but Kam is the greatest rapper of all time (after pac and big)

*Drops the mic*

*kanye shrugg* :neutral:

Master_Jay 08-14-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

"Kanye moment if I may…Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his omission. As of this second, he has the highest-selling rap album of the year and a scene-stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year."
—JAY-Z, Letter to MTV after being crowned MTV's "Hottest MC," October 2009

A few years prior to 2009, I recall an interview Jay-Z did in which he stated that Eminem was "a better rapper" than himself, but perhaps it was pure modesty. While Jay-Z is perhaps my most favorite rapper, I'll be the first to admit that lyrically speaking, Eminem is far superior, even during Jay-Z's prime (in the rap game anyway) back in the day. Heh, listen to Renegade from the original The Blueprint album for more information.

Quote:

Jay is decent himself, and went real hard in his early days, just like Em did..
They both got stale-ish to me..
Agreed, and Jay-Z is well aware that this is how people feel about his current music, to which he simply responds with "N****s want my old ****, buy my old albums". Heh.

Shinkuu 08-14-2014 01:00 PM

What's wrong with Kanye West? The only album I disagree with is Yeezus, but you're talking BS if you say he's a bad rapper. You've probably never heard of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration, and let's not forget my favorite, 808's and Heartbreak. I agree, his ego at most times can get the best of him, but let's not forget who won 21 Grammy's and numerous awards for each of his albums.

JY-Gully 08-14-2014 01:06 PM

Em is top 5 fosho,but nas is the best rapper second jadakiss and jayz is the one that's overrated he's not even top 10

Shinkuu 08-14-2014 01:10 PM

Yeah Eminem is definitely in my top 5 no doubt. my top 5 would be:
1. Nas
2. Notorious B.I.G.
3. Tupac
4. Eminem
5. (you're favorite rapper here)

blockattack 08-14-2014 01:35 PM

Guylly.. Shinkuu..

Go home.. get in the bed.. cover up.. and wake up from your dream lands O_o..

Yall must be from up north..

Shinkuu 08-14-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockattack (Post 840568)
Guylly.. Shinkuu..

Go home.. get in the bed.. cover up.. and wake up from your dream lands O_o..

Yall must be from up north..

Bruh, please.......you're embarrassing yourself over here.....JK.
but seriously tho, kanye is a great lyricist, but if u dont rank him top 20, its fine.



everything will be all right

JY-Gully 08-14-2014 04:47 PM

Blockattack still think's Shad0wslayers the best rapper.. SMH

LiquidSnake78 08-14-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinkuu (Post 840562)
What's wrong with Kanye West? The only album I disagree with is Yeezus, but you're talking BS if you say he's a bad rapper. You've probably never heard of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, College Dropout, Graduation, Late Registration, and let's not forget my favorite, 808's and Heartbreak. I agree, his ego at most times can get the best of him, but let's not forget who won 21 Grammy's and numerous awards for each of his albums.

Kayne is a artist, yes, not a bad one, no, but not on a lyrical level as Em is.
You bugging if you think so. Lol.
Find a free style where Kayne can do exactly bar for bar with em, and i'll be happy to compare. :D


"There's levels to this ****".
Kayne aint on that one my dude ... Lol. He's more on a producing scale rather than lyrical.

SSJKarma 08-14-2014 07:17 PM

the rap scene... hehehe...
admitedly, its eminem that got me into these songs. before that, i hated rap in its entirety.

eminem had its up and downs, just like everyone elses... but thats what i liked about him, he admitted it instead of throwing the blame on someone else. the other rappers are often going over the top by putting th eblame on others. without realising that even pros have their ups and downs.

this why i preffer eminem more then others.

LuXv 08-14-2014 07:26 PM

Been said Em was the most overrated

Point blank.

Lyrical ahh to each there own. He does have that over Jay.

But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.

Been said this all, Kanye is at the Legendary Table with them all, don't ever try to downplay Ye.

Lyricalness is not the end all, be all of rappers. So don't compare one aspect without comparing them all. The impact Jay and Ye had and still have on Rap culture, Pop culture, The WORLD. Is far more superior than what Em does.

Don't even try and play that, Em good but he easily the Most overrated. Just read Childish Gambi"is last Tweets.

Liger Zero 08-14-2014 07:32 PM

Never liked Jay Z, Eminem is ok, Kanye just sucks I don't know why people listen to him.

LuXv 08-14-2014 07:39 PM

Ignorant opinions on Kanye, the Media trying to Crucify him.

But I wouldn't Expect you to understand anything he's ever talked about. Because chances are you never had to do or go through any of those things. Cause if you did you wouldn't make such a foolish statement as you just did.

No point of even replying to this thread in the first place if your just going toVthrow out false statements with no intentions to back it up. Like John Legend, know your lane

!-DeMonic-! 08-14-2014 08:31 PM

If we're talking about lyrically, Em and Nas are in a different class than Jay Z tbh. Jay does make better music/more popular although he isn't a better rapper, lyrically speaking, than either one. But, that's prob because Em and Nas mostly or almost always talk about their lives and their bars go over the heads of most.

Oh and Kanye is beast, he's just fallen off a lot recently. But, earlier in his career? :thumbs_up:

JY-Gully 08-14-2014 08:38 PM

Were talking about lyrical skills not record sells. Remember we live in a generation that worships myle Cyrus. Em white that's why you guys hating don't pay attention to their commercial music listen to their mixtapes smh

Liger Zero 08-14-2014 09:01 PM

Vanilla Ice was the greatest of all time!

LiquidSnake78 08-14-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuXv (Post 840592)
Been said Em was the most overrated

Point blank.

Lyrical ahh to each there own. He does have that over Jay.

But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.

Been said this all, Kanye is at the Legendary Table with them all, don't ever try to downplay Ye.

Lyricalness is not the end all, be all of rappers. So don't compare one aspect without comparing them all. The impact Jay and Ye had and still have on Rap culture, Pop culture, The WORLD. Is far more superior than what Em does.

Don't even try and play that, Em good but he easily the Most overrated. Just read Childish Gambi"is last Tweets.

Didnt we have this discussion before? .. and didnt I sonned the hell out of you because of that?

You just said ignorant opinions on kanye but deeming em overratted because he is white, is not one?

What do you consider pop? ... first we gotta get the genre right.

Otherwise boy sit down some where. Lol ...

`Crystal 08-14-2014 10:58 PM

I agree with everything Liquid and Block said.

Jay Z I don't know what he's been on but this sounds like straight up hate..unless he's doing this to start up some beef btwn him and Eminem (Em will win).

I'm just glad no one mentioned Lil Wayne here.

Eminem will forever be one of the best rappers of all times. He don't care about grammys and all that.. I love him!

Kanye isn't bad either.. Like I love Dark Twisted Fantasy and some of his older stuff but.. dude i won't put him up there with Em at all

LuXv 08-14-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JY-Gully (Post 840604)
Were talking about lyrical skills not record sells. Remember we live in a generation that worships myle Cyrus. Em white that's why you guys hating don't pay attention to their commercial music listen to their mixtapes smh

Lmao Eminem has mixtapes? Lmao never even knew an Eminem mixtape existed. Link me


Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidSnake78 (Post 840622)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuXv (Post 840592)
Been said Em was the most overrated

Point blank.

Lyrical ahh to each there own. He does have that over Jay.

But Jayhas the whole Pop culture over Em. Jay has always been more relevant, em sold more because he's White.

Been said this all, Kanye is at the Legendary Table with them all, don't ever try to downplay Ye.

Lyricalness is not the end all, be all of rappers. So don't compare one aspect without comparing them all. The impact Jay and Ye had and still have on Rap culture, Pop culture, The WORLD. Is far more superior than what Em does.

Don't even try and play that, Em good but he easily the Most overrated. Just read Childish Gambi"is last Tweets.

Didnt we have this discussion before? .. and didnt I sonned the hell out of you because of that?

You just said ignorant opinions on kanye but deeming em overratted because he is white, is not one?

What do you consider pop? ... first we gotta get the genre right.

Otherwise boy sit down some where. Lol ...

Yeah, nope.

They are not Ignorant Opinions. It's truth be told, look at his position in Rap whee he can drop somethIng like YEEZUS and still be at the top with others.

Pop Culture = Popular Culture

Okay...

You are foolish and lying to yourself if you think him being WHITE has nothing todo with his rating. If he was Black (Like I said before) he would not be this big, his lyrics are only acceptable because the majority of music buyers are WHITE and they rather hear a WHITE rapper talk crazy than a Black Rapper talk crazy, same with the Parents.

We live In AMERICA in case you have forgot, where the black man has to Fly to get where the white man can walk.

I don't apologize for any of my comments or post, because "Race" does play a major roll in EVERYTHING in America, and to think that somehow Rap/Pop Culture is excluded is pure ignorant.

Lyricalness is not everything like I said, dubya tee eff is Em talking about? All this killing and things he wouLd do that he never did. Made a track called "Rap God" like dubya tee eff was he saying with substance?

Kanye easily has substance over him, and that's what really matters in Rap, not their lyrical ability, because where Kanye lacks in Lyrical ability he makes up for in substance and overall concept.

What is Eminem saying that is changing the world or ever changed the world or pop culture? Don't worry I'll wait, don't get me wrong Em is nice he cool but he is the most overrated rapper. It's not his fault

`Crystal 08-14-2014 11:56 PM

Wow Lux.. Wow..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi