SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   New Features (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [NEW FEATURE] Character Re-Select Button (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=37089)

Shadow_Raichu 05-30-2020 06:12 PM

Character Re-Select Button

Hey there SFO community members & gonna add a poll to this,

On dark killer's behalf, I'd thought of a new feature that may be quite useful to THOSE who are hosters & THOSE who are joiners on SFO in-game. It's called "Re-select Button". A good explanation like this below:

"I was thinking how about a reselect button in the character picking screen.. For people that picked wrong character since some people cant see what character they pick when some characters blocks the view of other people character pick (only when everyone picks a character) they can choose to reselect their character within a few seconds before the game starts. This would also apply to hosters & joiners in either 1vs1, 2vs1, or 2vs2 in-game scenario".

Example could be something like this:

P1 (hoster) chooses Ken, P3 chooses Iron-man, P2 chooses Ryu, P4 chooses Sentinel. Now in this 2vs2 format, what if P3 didn't want Ironman, but decided to choose Spiderman, then P3 could click on "Re-select Button" to re-choose another character instead, get it on the character select screen? The same could apply to P1, P2, & P4. Here's the following screenshot of a older SFO account that would make sense if this new feature were to be implemented even before the match starts, and what do yall think?:

Ikuya 05-30-2020 08:16 PM

yeah sounds perfect i missclick alot after i lose a game lol this gonna save me for sure

Ambrosia 05-31-2020 07:15 AM

Don't like it.
People would choose someone, you counter pick, mm at the last second they counter your counter pick.

dark~killer 06-01-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrosia (Post 865347)
Don't like
People would choose someone, you counter pick, mm at the last second they counter your counter pick.

my opinion about that, is that even if some one Re-select another character 2 over take your character then its up to you to beat them lol.. but its about the player and how he play's a character.

I think the Re-Select button would help out..the button would help if you didnt mean to pick a character ( some people always complain about how they picked the wrong character and loses) this issue's can be fixed with this button.

SoLevitated 06-02-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrosia (Post 865347)
Don't like it.

I don’t think this would matter. Lets say you win, and the player ask for a re, remember even if you select yes to a second duel... you’ll still have the same character giving your opponent a second chance to counter pick on the second round. Unless you don’t believe in accepting rematches. Other than that, I don’t think its needed. A rematch should suffice.

PS,
If the button is enabled, then I believe it should only be a 1.5 second lapse time.

Shadow_Raichu 06-03-2020 08:47 PM

I voted for maybe. Thanks guys so far. Is there anyone else in the community who thinks of this new feature? votes? comments?

Thanks all for generous feedback.

(X-A)ken-lord 11-16-2020 09:45 AM

a must