SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   Links (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Honest Trailer: Captain America The Winter Soldier (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=35147)

Dark_Paladin_X 08-20-2014 12:54 AM

Honest Trailer: Captain America The Winter Soldier

Those who are not familiar with Honest Trailers, these are videos made by the youtube channel Screen Junkies. They out their own comedic twist on movie trailers by taking shots at some of the issues people critique about in movies while giving away spoilers. Which reminds me

SPOILER ALERT!!!

eviltomas 08-20-2014 01:18 AM

Lmaoo :'(

xfaderx 08-20-2014 01:27 AM

lol nice

Killer 08-20-2014 02:38 AM

That was surprisingly accurate nitpicking O_o

Still an awesome movie.. Wish I saw it in theatres.

GirrXO 08-20-2014 02:35 PM

Awesome trailer.

(-Kam-) 08-20-2014 03:24 PM

Nice, thanks for introducing me to a new channel. I think I just spent the past hour looking at their other trailers. lol

estset 08-20-2014 09:29 PM

This is like Cinema Sins.

SSJKarma 08-21-2014 12:27 AM

i'll check it out still... but i hate such "critics" cause they tend to give bad critics based on actors they dont like at all...

will edit, once i watch it...

was pretty funny for sure...
but most of these nit picking can easily be explained with a level of logic that even 2 year old could use !

and sorry but i cannot even start on him saying falcon isn't a super hero... seriously... thats just brutal and i want to go brutal on the guys ass for saying that.

(-Kam-) 08-21-2014 01:10 AM

Yeah, like the part when he said directory fury died but then he didn't but the avenger movies didn't have anything leading to that part....I'm like If you watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D you would've known about the set up for his death and comeback in CA2

SSJKarma 08-21-2014 11:45 PM

Kam, you do realise that agent of shield episode came out "AFTER" captain america 2.

no, i'm talking about the fact that hydra should of done something way before... because thats what red skull wanted years back...

2 year old logic that breaks his saying right away...
"but, didn't they change leader since then ?"
oh snap yes they did so the old plan was out the window and thus they didn't care for the cube.

but as i said, he lost all credibility as soon as he said black widow and falcon weren't super heroes. so what do i know.

TitaniumFist 08-22-2014 06:23 AM

You need to accept that these YouTube "critique" channels are mostly for humor, and the people behind the channels love most of the movies they shred. They've said so several times. (Yes, sometimes they really hate them, like After Earth.)

Best movie recap channels are this one, Cinema Sins, and HowItShouldHaveEnded (HISHE).

SSJKarma 08-23-2014 12:59 AM

cinemasins is the worse to me... in every single video he gives a sin due to an actor just being there.

and if you read my post right... i said i hate those "critics" but the video is actually funny !
i did laugh, i did get the jokes. i did like some of them... but often they go to far in their joke and just kill the moment they had just made. which is why i think these peole could easily do far better if they truly wanted to stay funny all the way in.

Liger Zero 08-24-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJKarma (Post 841486)
cinemasins is the worse to me... in every single video he gives a sin due to an actor just being there.

and if you read my post right... i said i hate those "critics" but the video is actually funny !
i did laugh, i did get the jokes. i did like some of them... but often they go to far in their joke and just kill the moment they had just made. which is why i think these peole could easily do far better if they truly wanted to stay funny all the way in.

Only reviewers I watch are Nostalgia Critic (for the comedy), The Spoony Experiment(his serious reviews are like 2 hours long), and Cinema Snob.

SSJKarma 08-25-2014 12:20 AM

your generous, i boycott all critics period... make my own critic based only on what i know and watched. sometimes out of a trailer and my feelings. like whats my first impressions. and after i watched in the movie, comparing to what i felt during the trailer.

in this case, i felt compelled to watch it. i knew it would be sucky at best. but that was my first impression. once i watched it, i found it kinda true, and funny. some parts were exactly what i had in mind. but i was wondering when he'd blow it up and make me stop laughing... and the black widow and falcon being nobodies was it for me.

i think in these kind of vieos, the only ones i truly enjoys are the ones that do not touch the heart of th econtent. the ones that actually respect the content. this one was well done for sure, it was well executed... until the end where he suddently left out of th eroad and started insulting the heart of the movie... if you want it suceed, you dont do that. by doing it, he just killed it. at lest thats how i see it and how i felt.

good vid, bad ending... pretty much sums up most interesting movies.
so in a way, this guy joke ended up like many lemons in the industry.