SFO : Street Fighter Online

SFO : Street Fighter Online (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/index.php)
-   General (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kanye West As The New King of Pop (http://forums.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?t=23421)

Killer 07-29-2009 11:31 PM

In case you missed the memo, Kanye West — hip-hop’s resident ego-driven looney — has declared himself the “new King of Pop.”

Lordy, this is worse than the time he crowned himself “Martin Louie The King…Jr” and demanded that we all “address him as such.”

With pop icon Michael Jackson dead and buried, there sits a vacant throne awaiting the crowning of a new pop monarch. Kanye believes he’s just the man for the job — and has even gone so far as asking the Jackson family for their blessing in adopting the new title….while they’re still in mourning.

According to RhymesWithSnitch.com, Kanye recently told ScrapeTV:

“You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King. First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”

http://www.popcrunch.com/kanye-west-...w-king-of-pop/

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's too big, it's too wide
It's too strong, it won't fit
It's too much, it's too tough
IHe talk like this but for the first time, he's waaaaay in over his head..

I never laughed so much in my life! Now the world probably thinks he's the BIGGEST DOUCHE in the WORLD.. but he's still Kanye to me http://bbs.projectx.cyberfuturism.co...cons/smile.gif

Thoughts, Opinions?

BallNChew 07-29-2009 11:47 PM

LOL nothing like Kanye to make your day. http://bbs.projectx.cyberfuturism.co...cons/laugh.gif

TitaniumFist 07-30-2009 12:26 AM

Damn fool.

asshole 07-30-2009 12:50 AM

Lol, really?
This shouldn't surprise but why does it?? Lol.

SolidSnake76 07-30-2009 02:05 AM

I guess he's still a motha f--kin *** fish...

`The-Game` 07-30-2009 02:42 AM

He's not even the best Rapper of All-Time. How is he even the new king of pop?

Well that's Kanye for ya.

I mean Michael Jackson Captivated Billions around the World. And He has had hits for 30+ years.... His Greatness and Legend Span for almost 4 Decades. Yeezy can barely touch Ten Percent of that.

I mean wow Kanye, Really wow....

Killer 07-30-2009 03:37 AM

I like his moxy. There's a pic of him wearing mjs trademark jacket too.. what I don't like is him bothering the jacksons in their time of mourning and grief, requesting permission to use this so called official title.. thy alone probably makes.me wonder if he is mentally stable. only a Psychopath would do something along those lines..

chunuto 07-30-2009 06:40 AM

No.

system4 07-30-2009 06:58 AM

fliping ###..

SSJKarma 07-30-2009 03:32 PM

its unfortunate, but unlike real music... rap will never become something acknowledged by billions !

michael jackson was the king of pop... that title was given to him post mortem, for kayne to get this mch, he'd have to work like hell. and he seems to forget that nobody took the king of rock n roll title yet. if nobody did that, it will be impossible for him to get the title of king from MJ !

chimpy 07-30-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ July 30 2009,01:05)]I guess he's still a motha f--kin *** fish...

Lmfao..your the coolest..

flamesz 07-30-2009 04:57 PM

to m3 the king of pop will always be mj but he can take seconed place

SolidSnake76 07-30-2009 08:32 PM

Unless Kanye can become entertainer of the century, there is no way he can match up to MJ: entertainer of the 20th. Therefore, he should not, can not and shall not even be allowed to make such foolish and boorish claims to declare himself the king of pop... a rapper the king of pop.... lol...

There's been talks of Chris Brown, but we just gotta wait and see...

dj_hussla 07-30-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (BallNChew @ July 30 2009,02:47)]LOL nothing like Kanye to make your day. http://bbs.projectx.cyberfuturism.co...cons/laugh.gif

not a kanye fan?
hes good but he dont even do pop

`The-Game` 07-31-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ July 30 2009,20:32)]Unless Kanye can become entertainer of the century, there is no way he can match up to MJ: entertainer of the 20th. Therefore, he should not, can not and shall not even be allowed to make such foolish and boorish claims to declare himself the king of pop... a rapper the king of pop.... lol...

There's been talks of Chris Brown, but we just gotta wait and see...

The thing is... Michael might be THE Greatest Musical Entertainer of all-time. Kanye isn't even his own Genre's best ever. Even in Present Day it's an argument between him and Lil Wayne.

asshole 07-31-2009 01:57 PM

What he really doesn't realize is that they STILL play Michael Jackson's songs on the radio (even before he passed away, I mean.) Michael has won the heart of people for nearly 4 decades!!

And this guy.. ha.. does he not realize that he will be old news come tomorrow?
Sure he's hot right now, but NOOOO one will like him at allll 2 years from now, IF that. If he wants to be on top, he has to make a "POP" hit every 3 months and just stay on the radio.

Ahh.. his ego is bigger than what he says in his song. =/

SSJKarma 07-31-2009 02:08 PM

Many stars have that kind of ego, because they think the musical genre is a competition.
it's not, to be famous you don't need to be on top of the others, you just need to be on top of the companies.

anything that is done by pure will of money or competition does not do well in the music industries.
you gotta love what you're doing and pushing your own limits into it.
just like michael did, he didn't care what others said about him, he just owned the floor he was on !

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL 07-31-2009 03:32 PM

Go Kanye.
Go Jeezy.
Go Lil Wayne.
go Prince.
Go B.B King.
Go Luther.
Gogogogogo.

Go Grizzly for this title O_O

PENZEL 07-31-2009 06:13 PM

Kanye is a troll. Nothing more.

feross 08-03-2009 12:26 AM

i have a feeling he is gonna get shot soon

Elena 08-03-2009 01:12 AM

I love kanye the artist...but as a person...he makes me argh...

He obviously needs to come out because his passive aggressiveness about the issue has him spewin all kinds of crap. I hope this story isn't true...but am pretty sure it is. Ah well, at least he introduced me to the Amber Rose.

LadyChamp 08-03-2009 02:59 AM

I mean i like kanye alot but he is candyy no scratch that he thinks so much of his damn self excuse my language i just hate people like that.

And the new king of pop lmao seriously i wonder what goes on in that head of his like his music when it comes to it he a genuis but it attitude ewww.

Yeshua»Hamashia 08-03-2009 11:49 AM

Kanye has denied making those statements in an interview.

Prothon 08-03-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (feross @ Aug. 02 2009,23:26)]i have a feeling he is gonna get shot soon

Only good rappers get shot, and die.. (apparently?)

What's Kanye gonna do next? Try to beat MJ at dancing? -_-

Ryu-InCaRNaTeD 08-03-2009 03:14 PM

Kanye's A Half-decent MC.
Dude is a cry baby desperate for attention..

He Is Not Even One Of The Top 50 Mc's Of All Time...So How In The Hell Can He Say He's Gonna Be The New King Of Pop? ..What A ###el

SSJ Karma: dubya tee eff Dude are you serious? Rap is listened to by millions. By that statement alone I Can tell your a white dude who drinks beer and jams metallica.