View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Anime for All Time

I didn't like the fact that Yu Yu moved so slow over the course of so few episodes. A lot of it has to do with character development, yes, but the characters developed either too slow or went backwards (Hiei and Kurama really became useless) throughout the whole show until the last season which I feel like the writer pulled out of his ass. I also feel as though they repeated the whole "tournament to prove who's the strongest" arcs way too much. The show started out full of promise, but devolved by the dark tournament.

Samurai Champloo, while visually very well done and incredibly funny at some points had a forced story line which was constantly diluted by whatever happened over the course of an episode. There were too many fillers, and the finale was too weak by comparison IMO. That being said, I would still watch it over again for the sake of individual episodes.

Claymore started out crazy, stayed crazy, and ended crazy. The story was actually pretty complex. Maybe too complex? The characters also annoyed me. Especially the brat that followed Claire around. All in all, I liked some episodes, and the fights were mostly good, but the story failed to impress me.

Last edited by Wolfeh; 10-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote