View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #11
Bladevampirek
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Bladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura aboutBladevampirek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CLR error: 80004005 Sfo 2.0 Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalReincarnation View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladevampirek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post

On the contrary, you should be able to download the current Windows build (from the new fansite) and run it with no problems (fingers crossed!) provided you do not change the installation file path, and follow the installer's directions.

We know we didn't use to install SFO this way, but as @Killer and @TotalReincarnation noted the new method was designed specifically to remove all the hassle from installing SFO.

Give the new version another chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladevampirek View Post
Okay, I got my old installation I had a backup of up & running, forwarded my Ports. So I am up & running again. On July 1st, 2017 I'll do a fresh install of Sfo with the upgraded version and see what wonders awaits me.
Running an old version is perfectly fine, but you miss out on all the new version's features.

To clarify, the new Windows and Mac versions of SFO work and we encourage members to use them. They replaced the Legacy version (which is also on the new site) and resolve issues Legacy has.

All versions in the download section work. (We would not release something that didn't run.)
@TitaniumFist
Tried installing in the default Installer's Path of
"C:\Users\GM Project\AppData\Roaming\Street Fighter Online"
No Luck, same Error. It's compatible with "Windows 7 Home Premium" right? I wonder why everyone of my other programs run smoothly, but this issue is persistent with the new downloadable version of Sfo....
Sorry to hear that you are still having issues getting the newest version of SFO to work. As you have mentioned you are using an older version of windows, however this is not a direct issue as the application is developed and tested on windows 7 the most. Please download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 run the installation and please let us know if this resolves your problem.

The main reason that this could resolve your problem that is occurring would be because Windows 7 does not by default come with 4.5+ .NET Framework as such this application was developed in and requires the framework.

If this does not resolve your issue please be as detailed as possible when providing the results of trying this so that we can better troubleshoot your problem.
Thanks for your help in resolving this @TotalReincarnation, I installed .NetFramework 4.5 from the link that you gave me, I then uninstalled Sfo 2.0 and restarted my computer, then re-installed Sfo 2.0.

The same error happened, then I checked my .Net Framework installed on my Windows 7 Computer using the Regedit method shown here.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

Except, I went to path 4.0,client, then clicked on version to display the version of my framework. since my folders in my regedit wasn't exactly the same.
It shows that it only upgraded my .Net Framework to 4.0, not 4.5 Is 4.5 compatible with Windows 7 home premium? How can I get it if the installer that you provided will not upgrade me to it?

If you need to see the "release" of my framework, I found it.

Never Underestimate Your Opponent.....
*Spreads Fangs * hisses.... Get You Later...

Last edited by Bladevampirek; 05-26-2017 at 11:09 AM.