View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: 'official' annual tournaments origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
No tournaments are ever official as in, "they aren't on tournament page" ont he main website. you know the tournament link which sup^posed to show which tournaments was doen and by whom. that said, TOC was the first official tournaments as it was supported byt he staff themselves.

so no it wasn't official by TMyApp, but it was by us staff members back then, though i wasn't one back then.
in all cases there are a few tournament names that we keep for ourselves. because they are considered official, and ToC is one of them. along World Warriors Tournament and another i dont remember.
but then even if a tournament is hosted by a staff, IF tmyapp doesnt recognize it, it IS still considered "unofficial" and that would include TOC
TOC didnt even offer any 'official' prizes back then

as tmyapp himself mentioned in the old thread i posted:

princevegetam: uh.... in case you ppl haven't noticed, we already HAVE an official tournament known as TOC(Tournament of the Champions) which Zing79 hosts once in a while.

DX Zero: it was never official...

TMyApp: exactly... we NEVER had an "official tournament"

point being: my suggestion for an official tourney came on Oct. 29 2002

the World Warrior Tournament, which was considered as the first official tourney by TarkanX, came sometime in June 2003

the suggestion i made, which was even commented by tmyapp himself as "...well... that will always be the dream..." has brought forth and inspired gazillions of tourneys that sprouted like mushrooms and the people winning special characters, moves, and titles from these official tourneys that came after

in a small unsung yet fulfilling way, a simple suggestion has come a long long way...and most of these people i see bearing titles in their avatars and signatures as tournament winners doesnt even know it...

Last edited by bloodpack; 08-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote