View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #57
asshole

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: *The exercise/workout thread* - List Your Goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdude10 View Post
My training split is a 4 day split and I don't do cardio at all. On rest days I go for swimming and thats pretty much it.

Sunday: Chest/Triceps
Bench press: 1 warm up sets, 4 working sets. 8-12 reps. Last set until failure.
Incline: 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set until failure.
Flat bench dumbbell flys. 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set drop set.
Cable crossover flys- 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set drop set.
Tricep pressdowns- 4 sets 8-12 reps. Last set rest-pause.
Lying tricep extensions. 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set until failure.

Monday: Back/ Biceps
Pull ups. 4 sets. Until failure
Dumbbell rows: 1 warm up set. 4 working set.8-12 reps. Last set drop set.
Front Lat pulldown. 3 sets 8-12 reps. last set drop set.
Barbell rows. 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set until failure.
Barbell curls. 4 sets. Last set rest pause.
Alternate dumbbell curls. 3 sets. Last set until failure.

Tuesday: Off/Swimming

Wed: Legs
Squats: 1 warm up set. 4 working sets 8-12 reps.
Leg press. 3 sets 12-15 reps. last set until failure.
Deadlifts: 2 sets 6-8 reps. Last set rest pause.
Leg extensions: 3 sets 12-15 reps. Last set until failure.
Lying leg curls. 3 sets 12-15 reps. Last set until failure.

Thurs: Shoulders
Dumbbell shoulder press. 1 warmup set. 4 working sets 8-12 reps. Last set rest pause.
Side lateral raises. 3 sets 8-12 reps.
Cable front raises. 3 sets 8-12 reps. Last set until failure.
Barbell shrugs. 4 sets 8-12 reps. Last set rest pause.

Friday: Off/ Swimming

Sat: Off/ Swimming.
As I suspected, your routine consists of a lot of hypertrophy. It's the general rule that to gain mass, to gain size, you should do power sets. Not hypertrophy.

There's a GREAT routine out there called "Maxx OT". Look it up and try it. It did wonders for me my last bulk. This bulk, I switched it up a little so I don't get bored and placebo quick (in the head.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Sounds like an arm strain, sometimes you just dont feel it and it gives out on you lifting even the most simple things. Back when I played baseball that happened to me and I couldnt get the bat off quick enough like I usually would. Should be fine after a few days no big deal. My leg is on the 3rd day of healing its now scabbed over where the first layer of skin was ripped off but the ankle is still swollen. Ill wait for the swelling to go down before I start working out again.
Thanks for the info bro. It feels a little better today. I had a girl sleep over last night and she wanted to "spoon" all night, so I slept on it wrong and it hurt like hell. But once I got it warmed up a bit, it was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_wing View Post
...pinned.
Woohooo!

My first real sticky!! ;P

Also, I wish more people would post and take exercising into consideration before it becomes too late.
I don't mean just that before they get too fat.. I mean even the simple things like before they graduate high school or college. This could help them pull a TON more girls lol.

I wish I had started a LOT sooner. The spike in confidence and the spike it physique has been incredible for me.

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote