SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sentinel vs sfo. (_ForgottenLegend_) Challenges and Tournaments 22 05-22-2008 10:32 PM
Sentinel tag ~TR~luigi1514 Banners, Avatars and Images 4 11-20-2006 10:58 AM
Why sentinel? Shintouku General Comments & Strategies 48 07-13-2006 05:01 PM
Sentinel strategy from 2nd best sentinel in sfo xsouldeath General Comments & Strategies 15 03-18-2006 03:23 PM

Old 02-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
haspinwal
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
haspinwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sentinel

As i was seeing about characters with new moves, i decided to put a topic on where a character gets Downgraded.

From the very beggining, people had always played sent in a very unique way (Cheap)
Many people try saying that i play sent with out being cheap.
To an extent that sometimes is true, but honestly sent can NOT be played with out being cheap.

Problems that i have with sentinel.

Defenses: When you block ryus special, or any other projectile specials do you know how much blood you lose? To my surprise sentinel gets almost NO hit at all! *
If it was only with projectile moves i guess i could understand but get this, sentinel gets almost no hurt even when you use a physical move.

What happens when you do get hurt? He must be getting a lot of hurt right? *Nope, not really, matter in fact he gets perhaps a little bit more hurt when he is getting direct hurt compared to most other characters blocking!!

Attacks: Sentinel as far as i know only has 2 moves! He only has one when you are not vip! Thats about the least amount of specials a character has. (Not counting rds)

So why am i complaining about him only having 1-2 specials?
Sentinels specials are too big to really miss. Yes you can move from one side to another, but 9/10 times you will not make it. Yes you can counter it, but most times if sent is attacking first, your move will just get cancled out.
Overall on his attacks : His special is TOO big while causing TOO much damage.
His special should stay the same size considering that cyc has about the same size special..but the damage caused should be lowered for both sent and cyc's HUGE moves.

Am i done yet? No.
Its not only that his specials are cheap, all of his normal specials are just cruely cheap.

Sentinel Beam > Passes though all projectiles, physical moves, and cancels some/most specials! Whats worse about this is simply that it can even be done in the ground!
Rocket Punch > This is basicaly the exact same as sentinel's beam + a lot cheaper!
Sentinel Force> This is sentinels other move that is pretty cheap because if you are in the opposite side of sentinel, the user can keep on using this move to do damages same as an normal special.

Overall attacks: Sentinels attacks are just brutaly powerfull. All most all of them can go though almost anything it pleases. Whats even worse is that TWO cheap moves can be performed as once!
Thats like saying doing double hadokets with ryu, at the same time!!

All in all.... how much skills does it really take to win a match when you have the best defense in the game. Have all your normal moves pass though projectiles AND have HUGE specials that does a massive amount of damage?

haspinwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
dj_hussla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough

sentinel is cheap regardless so it dont make a difference. they will not change him
Old 02-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i agree that he is too cheap.
I am more then sure that he can be tweaked up a bit here and there so he can have new specials and disalowing some of his moves to be used while having another move used.
Perhaps his rocket punches could be countered with hadokets or something.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Sentinel is Basically a Defense Character.

Notice how most f his moves i s to keep you away from him.

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

He is the ultimate defense + ultimate attack, notice how all of his attacks cant be stopped by most normal moves.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
guitarrocker

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Sent cheap? unbelievable that people are still saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Attacks: Sentinel as far as i know only has 2 moves! He only has one when you are not vip! Thats about the least amount of specials a character has. (Not counting rds)
There is a reason he only has one. His kicks and punches can compensate for it. A real sent user doesn't sit there and do the same move over and over again. He is so big that he is an easy target. Same with Juggy. He's strong as well.. but big, making him slower than most characters.

Yes your right he doesn't take damage to supers that are projectile like.. Have you even considered using melee supers instead? If you are quick enough, you can catch sent and stop his supers, you can JUMP over his sent beams and then super him, which makes you behind him where he can't block or counter your super.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Liquid_Silence
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Liquid_Silence is an unknown quantity at this point

o.O You are aware that Sentinel is a "Machine" right..?? Thus Meaning he will have the advantage..which is a classic case of "Man Vs. Machine"...in StreetFighterOnline's Case Machine beats man in terms of having the best Defense, stronger attacks, Etc.. you get what i'm saying right..? Anyway with all that said He is not cheap all of his moves are perfect and evenly equivalent to any other powerful direct special.
Liquid_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
haspinwal
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i do get the fact that he should be a little bit stronger then normal characters, but the diffrence between him and most other characters is just dramatic!
Him being perfect is a big No No. He is nothing but perfect.

GuitarRocker: Yes i know that a couple few can play with out using the same moves over and over again. Butas ive stated before almost all of his attacks that is used are nothing but cheap. Why is it cheap? Its because it over powers most other attacks.
If you jump from one side to another while sent is doing a special u will sometimes get stuck by sents glitch which his special goes from bothways.
If the glitch doesnt apear, then sent could easily use his mini sents to attack you from behind which will cause a lot of damage.
It takes too much damage even when your blocking from one side to another with anyother character while fighting sent.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
dj_hussla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (MEGA_DRACOS_XRL @ Feb. 21 2009,18:46)]Sentinel is Basically a Defense Character.

Notice how most f his moves i s to keep you away from him.
that is true if he ant have that rocket punch he would be trash
Old 02-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
Micro_SMG

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 41
Micro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really niceMicro_SMG is just really nice
Visit Micro_SMG's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (guitarrocker101 @ Feb. 21 2009,15:40)]Sent cheap? unbelievable that people are still saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Attacks: Sentinel as far as i know only has 2 moves! He only has one when you are not vip! Thats about the least amount of specials a character has. (Not counting rds)
There is a reason he only has one. His kicks and punches can compensate for it. A real sent user doesn't sit there and do the same move over and over again. He is so big that he is an easy target. Same with Juggy. He's strong as well.. but big, making him slower than most characters.

Yes your right he doesn't take damage to supers that are projectile like.. Have you even considered using melee supers instead? If you are quick enough, you can catch sent and stop his supers, you can JUMP over his sent beams and then super him, which makes you behind him where he can't block or counter your super.

Micro_SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
#1sakurafan
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 16
#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point#1sakurafan is an unknown quantity at this point

SENTS SPECIALS ARE TOO POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!???? BS it takes four of them to kill a char (not including rds) i personally play with him using the sent force all day long isnt cheap its a slow projectile

[img]
[img]
DONT YOU JUST LOVE PWNING AND OWNING BISON ^_^

http://jehovahswitnessnews.wordpress.com/
#1sakurafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2926
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

honestly, sent's specials need to be revamped.

he needs use hyper sentinel force and statis field should be altered to a radial attack and operate like chun li's energy ball, like the real plasma storm in marve| vs capcom 2. the statis field we have now is just the same thing like the plasma storm we have now so they both make no sense.

as for sent being cheap, practice utilizing speed more. wolverine is fairly effective against sentinel if you remain close, because sentinel attacks become less effective the closer you get. if you cant find a strategy against someone, you aint gonna get any better, and anyone with skills can look for a way around sentinel.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (#1sakurafan @ Feb. 24 2009,08:57)]SENTS SPECIALS ARE TOO POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!???? *BS it takes four of them to kill a char (not including rds) i personally play with him using the sent force all day long isnt cheap its a slow projectile
Everything about Sentinel is defensive

Sentinel Force: they are meant to keep you away from Sentinel

RocketPunch: Meant to Keep you away from Him

High Punch Beam: Meant to keep you away from him

also, Look at his regular attacks

they are also meant to the do the same

the same goes for the super

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 173
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

No sentinal is not cheap depending on how you play with him and like donatsu said his moves are based on deffence because in hand to hand combat or in other words close range hes not very good at all so thats why he has moves to keep you away from him

i dont think we need to downgrade sentinal hes fine as he is.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Liquid_Silence @ Feb. 21 2009,17:57)]o.O You are aware that Sentinel is a "Machine" right..?? Thus Meaning he will have the advantage..which is a classic case of "Man Vs. Machine"...in StreetFighterOnline's Case Machine beats man in terms of having the best Defense, stronger attacks, Etc.. you get what i'm saying right..? Anyway with all that said He is not cheap all of his moves are perfect and evenly equivalent to any other powerful direct special.
In the actual reality we know, yes, you are correct...but in a world where man can shoot energy from his hands, defy gravity, and just it being a game period, contradict what you're saying.

As for guitarrocker...I agree with you 99% man..but, as for the n00bs who spam rocket punch, and abuse sentinels beams (not trying to put anyone on blast, but preferably the XA clan), sent should be tweaked at least alittle for good measure.

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

as long as i remember i made sentinel the way he is now...
cause i am playing around too much for him and back then i was talking a lot to tmyapp changing stats here and there !

for all i know sentinel is just all the others chars, if not worse then the other chars.

"rocket punch" strategie = fail, the guy will just use any pass thru moves and gets to you and wolverine has a hell of a lot easier time then others doing so. not to mention jump blocking is easy ! and if you actually play it right... the rocket punch is the weakness... if it misses you're stuck in the animation and it gives a good 2 seconds for your opponent to get close.

"Beams" strategies, dude, same as rocket punch, and no they aren't really that fast. they have huge drawbacks. if he does it all the time duck then in between jump block and that's it you're in for a hit !

"Sent forces" works only on guys who super jumps much or stay in the air. its way too slow for any kick in to works. usually i avoid them cause they cause my own death.

"Plasma beam" = the only good move we have, and its a super we still have to get that one bar full and the only way to fill it easily is not to rocket punch all day long or use beams, but to kick ass using Down + HK which fills the bar in like 4 hits ! but again that's a close range strat, have you time to do that ?

"Stasis field" = fail, that's the most stupidest move we can have, the bubble hits hard, but 1 time and the guy is usually out of the bubble way before the move is over with, which gives him like 4 whole seconds to kick your ass. why would you do that ?

seriously, i'd like to see you against me, cause all people that have been fighting me saying i was cheap and that it was easy to win with sent, never really defeated me yet !

sentinel has major flaws, not to mention about all his moves have flaqs due to its slowness !

a good exemple of slowness, start Plasma Storm first, then ryu start his shinkuu hadouken right after, i swear to god that ryus beam is gonna hit me way before i could even start throwing mine ! yet you say he's too fast ! on the contrary is supers are way to slow and if you ask everybody that played against me. i always have to throw another move in before and chain the super into it, and even at that it gives them the time to super jump above it !

seriously, the only good thing sent has, is its endurance, he's not made to avoid hits he made to take em head on to get to his opponent, and that's what juggy does too ! their brute forces characters and they truly have that in their rightfull place.

sentinel is far from being perfect, but he's far from being the one who needs to be toned down !

Snake: as for wolverine fights, it all depends on how you play and how you're opponent react, i can kill wolverine users most of the times... i just have to jump over him as he doesn't have any aerial moves which sentinel has a few ! but i admit that it still is the hardest fight sentinel has to deal with !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote