SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ken tutorial MeteorRyu5 General Comments & Strategies 50 04-27-2008 04:42 AM
A new tutorial SolidSnake76 General Comments & Strategies 11 09-21-2007 10:03 PM
A tutorial like no other Exiled General Comments & Strategies 4 11-27-2006 04:00 PM
Dwx c2 tutorial blockattack General Comments & Strategies 18 06-08-2006 05:01 PM

Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
_Tai

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
_Tai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [Tutorial] Citorak Rage.

Juggernaut Tutorial

Description: Juggernaut, one of the most mocked characters in SFO existence.. Due to his low speed and very powerful attacks Juggernaut has been forced down to the bottom of the active character food chain. But, what many people seem to miss is that Juggernaut can counter act almost every character in SFO today. It's all in the game play.

Positives: Great Strength, Juggernaut punch goes through projectiles, Corner game is great, Can keep opponent where he wants them. Citorak Power up Raises Str, Speed, and HP. Head Crush break projectiles and travels across full screen.

Negatives: When in the corner it's hard to get out. Big size = Big Downfall. High Jump is not reliable. Many of his moves leave him open for Projectile specials. Hard to stop RD. Very hard to regain control of a match once lost.

Basics

To begin using Juggernaut you must first understand how/what his moves are for. So here I'll explain each use of his pokes. specials, and supers.

Double Punch: Very useful against Shotos. Goes through projectiles, Very nice range, and if timed right once in the air can be unblock-able and begin an infinite [ who know sfo had those? ]

EarthQuake: Juggernauts only projectile, Fairly good for stopping random supers due to it's low speed. Can't be touch since it's low into the ground and does nice damage for a projectile. Opening matches with Earthquake is a very good idea, No one expects Juggernaut to use this as his main attacking force.

Juggernaut Punch: Mainly used to get close to your opponent. Your goal as a Juggernaut user is to get your opponent to back down in the corner to which you play mind games with them. Juggernaut punch will launch them to the opposite side of the screen with ease. Also, you can use Juggernaut punch to get yourself out of tight situations with Shotos. If your being pelted by an onslaught of hadoukens with no way you just simply Juggernaut punch out of there. This move also makes a great combo with his Super Head Crush.

Body Press: In my opinion, one of Jug's most useful moves. Since Juggernaut can't jump as well as the smaller characters, he is often stuck on the ground blocking or attacking. Well, Why not put Jumping and attacking into one?! Body Press [ Distance by Light, Med, and Fierce kick ] launches Juggernaut in the air towards the enemy bringing them as far back as he travels. Now the real use of this move is not to use on ground, but to use in the air. High Jump straight up with Juggernaut and use Body Press Fierce and he will travel about 70% of the screen. Thus making up for his poor high jumping abilities. Even if your hit during the press you are able to do it again in mid air. Great for cornering and for mobility across the screen.

Girder Thrust: Not really a good use for this move, Bad starting frames, Very slow, and doesn't do much damage. Though it is good since it reaches across the entire screen and keeps enemies in the corner where you want them. Can be use constant times to do some decent damage.

Citorak Power-up: Shouldn't be abused to often, you'll be accused of being a "Noob" or something. Basically makes Juggernaut the best character in sfo. His speed increases x2, Str increases to the point you don't even need Supers anymore, and you recover a small amount of HP. Cost only one Hyper bar. Very useful if used the right way.

Head Crush: Just a special. Goes across the whole screen, breaks regular projectiles, nice for bringing character across to corner and begin to play mind games.

Character Match Ups

Vs Ryu: [strike]No one likes you Ryu >:[[/strike] Ryu is one of those characters everyone can't stop using because he punishes everyone.. Well, it's time we made a comeback on these Ryu users. Ryu is very fast, nice power, able to get out of most situations, and very persistent. Now Juggernaut obviously untrained will get demolished by Ryu very easily.. So the trick to beating Ryu is not to be offensive.. But defensive. Against a Hadouken massacre you need to be able to time your Juggernaut punch just right to keep Ryu on a physical game lvl. If any Ryu see's the chance they are going to abuse tornado kicks in the corner on Jug due to his size. This is what we want. Lure Ryu in and strike back with a Head Crush super. To keep Ryu users at bay consistently use his earthquake special. Keeps them on the edge since you don't everyday see Juggernaut using it. Stops all forms of RD and set's up for Juggernaut punch. To set up many oppertunities to use Juggernaut punch and Head Crush here is what you must do; If your facing off Ryu in a projectile fight only fire one earthquake at him, he'll most likely use another hadouken after words, then you punish with Juggernaut punch and then Head Crush him as he comes back down. All Ryu users high jump to get the edge on the opponent. As a Jug user do not concern yourself with high jumping so often. If you sense a high jump coming dash backwards to the location in which Ryu is headed and then use his Fierce Punch to reach him mid air. You may also use Body Press to stop Ryu in the middle of his high jump and begin to torment him in the corner. When faced against a Shinku Hadouken it's best to high jump Straight up and use Body Press to counter it. Even if your tapped by one of it's hits you can easily Body Press again and cancel out the special.

Vs Chun-li: Remember the time when no one used her? Back when it as fun to be odd and pick Chun-li? I know I do. However, her upgrades have made her one of the most over used characters in SFO today. Now Chun-li's fighting style makes her a close up fighter. To me, She's one of Juggernaut's easier match ups. Enough talk let's get started. Chun-li users are big on jumping in the air to begin her lightning kick attacks. Easy set up for Body Pressing her into the corner. Chun-li has her Super Energy Blast, one of Juggernaut's biggest counters. Knowing you have to keep close to her to damage her you must and I stress you need to use EarthQuake as one of your main sources of attack. Chun-li's tend to high jump to your back and use Super Energy Blast. Dash to the right and use EarthQuake to counter her. To counter her Super Lightning kick is relitively easy. High Jump and Body Press [Fierce]. If you want to do more then just escape her attack normal Jump and Body Press [Medium] and you'll end up right behind her, Thus being able to counter her with Head Crush or Using Citorak Power Up to gain a speed advantage. To put everything simply, out think Chun-li. You know she's be behind you in less then 2 minutes. So use your dash to your advantage. Dashing is the key to winning aganst Chun-li. EarthQuake stops her Super Energy Blast cold, Body Press aviods Super Lightning Kick with easy, and Head Crush cancels out Tornado Kick 100% of the time.

Ken Masters: Very predictable character in sfo if I might say so myself. So beating ken/Vindicated Evil Ken is very easy. Let's start on ken, all ken users lean towards a physical side of fighting then distance such as Ryu. So in this match up you have the advantage. Almost all of Juggernaut's moves cancel out ken's moves. To keep a nice distance use EarthQuake if you fear his upper cut specials. Your Head Crush cancels out his Shoryureppa special. Ken users just as Chun-li users tend to jump up close in your face for serious damage. No problem, Use your Double Punch to keep ken in the air and render him useless, Also stops his hadouken game since it is already at a low level as it is. Now Ken does have one plus side on Juggernaut, once your in the corner there is almost no way out when it comes to ken. He will punish your slow speed by consistently using Shinryuken while your in the corner, thus ending the match quick. To avoid this situation, simply Body Press out of the corner when held. And if you feel that this is not enough feel free to use Power Up for a speed advantage. Just because it heals ---- <- that much doesn't make it cheap. In my opinion it evens out the odds. Juggernaut Vs. Ken is probably a 50/50 match up. The fight can go either way.

Spiderman: Juggernaut's toughest opponent. Spiderman, to me has way to many arsenals at his disposal which makes him second best character in SFO. But I'm not going to nag on how great he is, I want to nag on tips for destroying him. We all know as a Spiderman user we all abuse his Spider kick special. This is a given, so a tip to counter constant kick is abuse is to use his Double Punch [ Forward Fierce Punch ] or you could use his regular fierce punch move. But here are some reasons you should choose Double Punch over a regular Fierce punch. Since Spiderman always uses a Web Bolt before Spider Kick you can 1. Go threw the projectile headed your way, 2. Counter his kick with your punch, and 3. Follow up with a Juggernaut punch, Earthquake for a good defense set up, or Head Crush to punish. But this is not the only way to counter Spiderman. He is an air born character, always stays in the air. You can either dash under Spiderman as he sets up his very slow moving Web Bolt, or you could simply Body Press him back into the corner and begin to play mind games. I also want to point out in this Juggernaut Vs. Spiderman match up it may also be needed to use Power Up. Not all the time but say the beginning of the match to give you an upper hand or even out the playing field in speed. Because Headcrush will do you very little against Spiderman. Which brings me to the subject on when to use Headcrush. When Spiderman uses Crawler Assault your Headcrush beats it 100%, Maximum Spider can be canceled out with an Earthquake and or Headcrush, but Web Sting Counters everything Juggernaut has to offer so beware of this special move. How to utlize Power up: Once you've Powered up do not become over confident in your power. First and for most always Body Press or Juggernaut Punch after powering up. Spiderman will most likely be on the air once you use this special seeing as it is the perfect oppertunity to. Next you must do your best to keep Spiderman in the corner and use Juggernaut's crouching medium punch. Together with Power up you can take a nice 35% of Spiderman's health before he has a chance to break free of the attack barrage. Also, to keep Spiderman on his feet and also to set up for Headcrush use crouching medium kick. It offers nice range and knocks your foe to the ground allowing you to use almost all of Juggernaut's moves as a follow up. The ONLY thing really ruining your chances of beating Spiderman is V.I.P Spiderman. If you have to face a Symbiote Spiderman you might as well begin to learn how to use Earthquake as much as Hadouken. You can not and I repeat can NOT use corner games on Symbiote Spiderman. He will punish you and destroy you with Symbiote Bite or Death Bite. To counter these you must High Jump up and use Body Press [ Fierce ] to escape the corner. You can not win a corner fight with Symbiote Spiderman. Key to winning is being smart. Do not just rush in and think you can over take Spiderman. Because he is a mini Sent he will perfect you.

Sakura Kasugano [ Noob ]: I can't really tell you how this battle can be plalyed out. It depends if your fighting someone skilled or a spammer. But let's do a spam roll real quick so you won't have troubles. Sakura is very good at keeping her opponent where she wants them to be due to her Gigantic Hadoukens. Now Juggernaut has a slight problem with that, seeing his size lets him be hit easily by them. Solution to that is using your Double Fist and Juggernaut punch to avoid this corner trapping situation. Double Fist to your advantage must be used at least twice to avoid fully a Hadouken from sakura. Because if you don't you'll get hit with the lingering Hadouken and then she'll counter you. Another way is to Double Fist and then use Juggernaut Punch. Thus throwing her in the corner where juggernaut does his dirty work best. Now let's talk about her bubble. Juggernaut has no counters to this attack. Your best bet is to block because this will ruin him. Since it has Great range, can be done in the air, and blocks his projectiles. That is why we need to face players unvindicated for Juggernaut to work at his best. But Sakura will be a 3 part tutorial anyway so we'll get that done soon. Now back to our tutorial, To escape corner rape by Sakura you must and I repeat MUST use his Body Press no matter what. He may be hit by a couple Hadoukens in the process but since Juggernaut can use this move in the air he'll repeatably get more air coverage with each hit getting him out the corner allowing him to go behind her and use his HeadCrush or trick her into the corner. (: Part 2 will be skilled Vindicated.

I'll be updating this day by day. Seeing as I didn't have enough time to finish this.

Last edited by _Tai; 04-03-2010 at 11:13 AM.
_Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Leviathan

Post Thanks / Like
Leviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura about
Visit Leviathan's Twitter Visit Leviathan's YouTube
Default Re: [Tutorial] Citorak Rage.

can you not use yellow please lol.
i already have bad vision
nice tut tho

[Sfo CC][XF Clan][Raiden X][Level Showcase]
[#1 Sakura User 2010]
Go0gley Power!
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Tried to fix it. I just copy and pasted it and yellow came with it. If I could edit my post then we wouldn't have the problem (:
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Fixed Font Color..

Plus I'm thinking about maybe starting a new webpage on the SFO site that allow people to submit their tutorials, because the ones on Xforce's site is rather old. I'll talk with the Ambassadors on this.

system4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedesktops View Post
Fixed Font Color..

Plus I'm thinking about maybe starting a new webpage on the SFO site that allow people to submit their tutorials, because the ones on Xforce's site is rather old. I'll talk with the Ambassadors on this.
That sounds like a great idea to me. Omg how I wish I was an Ambassador ugh v_v hahaa.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

great tutorial Tai keep it up

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i like to see to see i am not the only one who has catched the essence of the mighty juggy !
seriously, people need to play with it more.
teh drawbacks are actually drawbacks only when you dont know how to play with him. besides that, his attack strenght quite makes up for those lost moves.

i mean one single punch out of him is worth what, 3 times the hadoukens ?
he's a suicidal character mainly like sentinel. you gotta go head first if you want to own the oponent with him.

great tutorial, seriously.
it was needed.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
avatar-killers is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit avatar-killers's Facebook

ya true dats Karma? I love Juggy, boy, his moves are awesome, especially his lvl 2 RD is awesome, i dont care wat anyone else saids,
avatar-killers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #9
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar-killers View Post
ya true dats Karma? I love Juggy, boy, his moves are awesome, especially his lvl 2 RD is awesome, i dont care wat anyone else saids,
Terminated.... <-- Epic way to end a RD.

Hey question for an high official. If I wanted to add more to this tut because on UG I'm adding each character on SFO, would I have to send it to you so you could add it? Or would I gain control to edit this one topic. Because I'm already ready to add the next character.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Xx_Legend~EF9_xX
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 53
Xx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enoughXx_Legend~EF9_xX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedesktops View Post
Fixed Font Color..

That would be cool.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 AM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

well, i dont know why they removed the ability for users to edit their own content.
i'll have to speak with them about this. it seems this new board does things differently but seriously, the closing and editing of thread should be enabled for all the users who started the thread to begin with. just like it was on old board.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
well, i dont know why they removed the ability for users to edit their own content.
i'll have to speak with them about this. it seems this new board does things differently but seriously, the closing and editing of thread should be enabled for all the users who started the thread to begin with. just like it was on old board.
Please and thank you. If you'd like I'll send you the next character and you could past them in until the time being.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Great tutorial. Some of this I knew, and some of it I didn't. I melee a little more than I strategize with Jugg.

Thanks.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #14
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

thnx for making this it help m3 a lot

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #15
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Sakura: Updated.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
Leviathan

Post Thanks / Like
Leviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura about

where sak part 2 o_o

[#1 Sakura User 2010]
Go0gley Power!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
TheHostFixer
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished road
Visit TheHostFixer's YouTube

Jugg just need more moves O_O
TheHostFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
EasyWin
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
EasyWin is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit EasyWin's YouTube

Nice Tutorial
Old 04-24-2010, 01:46 AM   #19
_Tai

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
where sak part 2 o_o
I have to keep fighting more Sakura's.

Artist known as Fr3akSh0w777

Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #20
TheHostFixer
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished roadTheHostFixer is on a distinguished road
Visit TheHostFixer's YouTube

but it still nice o_O
TheHostFixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
Leviathan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tai View Post
I have to keep fighting more Sakura's.
lol i see

[#1 Sakura User 2010]
Go0gley Power!