SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does buffering commands make the game lag?(question for SSJkarma and others who know how SFO works) #1sakurafan Members Help Center 7 12-19-2011 08:21 PM
New type of an Engine. Tiesto_X RaNdOm iNsAnItY 3 04-16-2010 06:53 PM
make real game (X-A)holyryu RaNdOm iNsAnItY 3 08-26-2009 05:22 PM
Inside an Engine SolidSnake76 Links 1 02-02-2008 02:01 PM
A no emissions engine SolidSnake76 General 6 11-12-2006 10:46 AM

Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #26
Sir Nash

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Make the game with new engine and hd sprites

bro SSJKarma, hmm that is a bit off topic, but i will say this:

as far as lag is concerned, it really doesn't matter, in the real of online multi-player gaming, it will always be there. Peer to peer is not that much better than dedicated servers, although the way you explained does sound true in theory, but not in practice for the very same reason we still have lag in SFO. packets of data traveling from my computer to yours are still influenced by the speed of our internet connections.

I am pretty sure TMyApp went with peer to peer because he didn't have the financial resources at the time nor was the project that serious for him to consider investing significant amount of time and resources.

But SFO took a life of it's own which leads us to today. Peer to peer is old school

Nevertheless, lingo is awesome
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #27
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Sir Nash... seriously ?
i dont think you ever played direct connection games in the past, i dont think you ever played lan games either to say this. its not theory that i said... its practice ! LAG will be there reguardless yeah, but there are ways to try and maintain lag to a minimum, and if you think your connection is the only thing that makes you lag, then you are very far from the truth.

the direct line will always be the fastest, this is also why servers are managed by REGION ! on MMOs.

and no, he didn't choose peer to peer cause it was cheaper, he chose it cause it was better !
how do i know this, i discussed a lot about game programming with him, and this very reason is also why the game wasn't updated to the newer version of director either... cause all the other versions after it, dont have peer to peer support.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #28
Dark_slice
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-SpideyKing-) View Post
Lingo does kinda suck lol. I mean, it is amazing how TMyApp pulled off SFO with Lingo, but I'm sure if it was done in another programming language, the outcome would have been better, or at least allow him to do other things that are not so easily done with Lingo. I guess it doesn't suck, its just kinda outdated. I don't really like it myself lol.

Your proposal would be cool, if I had the time to actually produce something. Would be nice if a couple of "programmers" from here collaborated and produced something interesting. *Hint Hint*
LETS DO IT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
bro ssjkarma.
Dark_slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

bro SSJKarma, it's unfortunate we are not on the same page, but I do agree that "the App man" chose correctly in regards to a project such as SFO.

However we can agree that as a developer or even a builder, etc... you don't choose the most popular toy or tool because everyone is using it, but the RIGHT tool for that specific job or task. Which is why Director 8.5 was perfect for an SFO

Happy New Year!!!
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote