SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vip troubles! g4ngst3r Members Help Center 4 06-25-2008 12:34 PM
More troubles: Vick positive for marijuana SolidSnake76 General 11 09-28-2007 01:02 PM
Post here fussion RaNdOm iNsAnItY 1 06-30-2006 05:28 PM

Old 06-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #26
Sir Nash

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What Troubles You Personally?? Post Here!

masterbob: quitting means he would not qualify for unemployment compensation here in Canada, and I am certain this is the same in the US as well. But regardless, neither options are appealing for future employers.

But since he has disability coverage, I guess there are no worries.

2+ on the Jerk comment directed at you by `Crystal. I highly doubt that is the "worst advice you've ever heard".

`Crystal: Finding ways to generate income is a great idea, but are you sure want to be landlord? It's a lot of responsibility.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 06-18-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #27
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

My dad will be the landlord technically.. I'll just learn from him for when I own my own 1 family home.
`Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #28
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Crystal View Post
My dad will be the landlord technically.. I'll just learn from him for when I own my own 1 family home.
Hmm I see, well, I hope everything goes well if you do proceed with the investment... The strategy of buying up or even starting businesses with profits/cash flow, purchasing stocks, etc is better to me than investing in real estate, but that's me.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Masterbob, here in canada, if you worked more then 14 weeks... you get unemployment pay. but you dont qualify for them if you left on your own accord. thus we are forced to make our employer fires us, or continu working until we find another job. both options have benefits and drawbacks.

so yeah, here in canada you are almost always better to get fired.
because its just better to explain why "they" didn't want you to be gone. then explaining why you just left. bosses will think both options to be bad. so if we were working for the bosses. the reality would be that we'd be sheeps waiting to be killed and saying thanks when it happens....

sorry i'm not like that. and yes i did find other jobs reguardless. so it really has to do with how you sell yourself.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #30
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Masterbob, here in canada, if you worked more then 14 weeks... you get unemployment pay. but you dont qualify for them if you left on your own accord. thus we are forced to make our employer fires us, or continu working until we find another job. both options have benefits and drawbacks.

so yeah, here in canada you are almost always better to get fired.
because its just better to explain why "they" didn't want you to be gone. then explaining why you just left. bosses will think both options to be bad. so if we were working for the bosses. the reality would be that we'd be sheeps waiting to be killed and saying thanks when it happens....

sorry i'm not like that. and yes i did find other jobs reguardless. so it really has to do with how you sell yourself.
In the US, some companies do offer severance pay. Walmart doesn't treat their employees well so an hourly wage worker has no payment package if they're fired. Normally though, you'd quit your job after finding another one, rather than quitting and then finding another job.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #31
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6396
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
In the US, some companies do offer severance pay. Walmart doesn't treat their employees well so an hourly wage worker has no payment package if they're fired. Normally though, you'd quit your job after finding another one, rather than quitting and then finding another job.
It depends what they fire you for. If you can prove it was a wrongful firing then you qualify for unemployment. If you put in a 2 week notice that youre quiting so they can find a replacement then you qualify for unemployment.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #32
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nash View Post
Life giving you a real whooping? Post here!

None of your friends/family "understand you"? Post here!

No one around you supports your dreams or goals? Post here!

Relationship problems? Post here!

Family problems? Post here!

Need advice on your projects? Post here!

Business/financial problems? Post here!

School/education problems? Post here!
Great title so far, Sir Nash. Here's my list of my personal stuff on this thread to be kept short and simple:

1. Life is been good so far just been busy.
2. The truth is about my family is this: they don't know or understand what I want. It's like being a slave in your house. Everything always have to be about them demands & never what the kids want & stuff. The choices that I make is automatically chosen by my mom mostly. My brother can be a pain to me at times. My dad is cool tho.
3. I don't really have any relationship problems. But I could use some advice or pointers on how to pick up women.
4. Family problems are same as mentioned in #2.
5. Depends on what kind of projects? is it school projects? video game projects? or work projects? If so, then nope.
6. Well technically, I am so busy working that theres no financial problems yet. In my country with jobs is: companies don't wanna hire new workers because of not spending money. They don't wanna spend money to train newcomers because of others who been working for years, need cash for those who have welfare, those who need to make huge amounts of payments for kids, housing, rent, schooling, etc;
7. However I may attend school to achieve a degree in computers, if I can't find a career im looking for in the future.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #33
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxar View Post
3. I don't really have any relationship problems. But I could use some advice or pointers on how to pick up women.
Always look them in the right eye. It makes them think you're smarter and more dominant than they are when you meet them. They will be more likely to let you lead them on with what you say.

True fact.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #34
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Always look them in the right eye. It makes them think you're smarter and more dominant than they are when you meet them. They will be more likely to let you lead them on with what you say.

True fact.
Agreed..

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #35
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post

True fact.
thanks broo *props*, in other words, is it called eye contact? thanks so much broo. wolfeh.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #36
-AngelicMaster-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 357
-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about-AngelicMaster- has a spectacular aura about

Hmm I usually don't talk much .. On here but I have not been able to talk to anyone about this
There has been a lot of a Funerals in my family in the past year
First was my Grand father. this had been my first funeral I been to so I really didn't know how to react and I still never believed it to be true. next was my Aunt she would always be there when my older cousins would leave me in the house and go out and gave me whatever I asked for n was a wonderful person At first we thought she died from A heart attack but later on we found a ..... Note I was pissed off when I heard about it how could someone be so selfish to do that to us and make us go through that heart ache we loved her dearly and it's like she never really cared about us. next was my Big cousin.. I really don't like talking about this so all I can say is he is in a better place . A couple weeks Later my aunt was on Life support and passed away . At that point in my life I really didn't know how to show my emotions and kept it all built up until now. And finally my Cousin was in a fight and ended up getting shot in the Head and was on life support until they pulled the cord and this was right after his Mother died from being on Life Support . I really been going to church A lot and trying to better my self and I know something good is coming my way
Old 06-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #37
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Sir Nash, the no-contact plan seems legit.

Liger Zero, we did talk about this a while back. Glad you finally quit, if only for your sanity. Here's hoping you land a decent job.

Wolfeh, damn, bro. Glad to hear you're alive and kicking after all that.

blockattack, bro...congratulations...but it's time to either start using a condom, or making sure women are on the pill, man. No more kids for you.

FadeToBlack, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope he lived a good life.

`Crystal, good luck!

Noobkiller, ouch. Have you talked to anyone? A counselour? Looked into programs? And talk to your parents. They'll need to know eventually.

If you're unhappy, unsatisfied with your chosen field, what would you actually like to do?

rexxar, pick one perosn in your family who you think just might listen and start there. Talk to that person. Even if nothing changes, you'll feel better at the very least. From there, you can try being more open about what you want, the choices you'd like to make, discuss it with your parents.

Start small. Little changes may make all the difference in your outlook.

As for women, speaking as someone who is not a pick up artist, don't focus on picking up women. Try getting to know one woman at a time. Be honest about yourself, don't lie to her, don't talk to her boobs when you should be talking to her face. If you're sheltered, a bit of a nerd, you could look for opposites...but I'd recommend looking for common ground and interest. Search those pools (of hobbies, interests, subjects, whatever) for the kind of woman you'd like to date.

-AngelicMaster-, that's terrible. I'm very sorry for your family's recent losses, bro. *hugs* Only an e-hug, but hang in there.

Great thread, btw, Nash.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 06-22-2014 at 02:02 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #38
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

TFist, didn't you see the movie Cheaper by the Dozens ?
really good movie. block, go on man... you're about to get there !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #39
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

I saw it. The original was better.

Another old big family movie I like.

I love block like a brother, but what I'm saying is he can't support all these children if he keeps at it. I'd tell my brother the same thing...wait, are you being sarcastic? >_>

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #40
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

help me get a phD okay thanks
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #41
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like

Someone sticky/pin this thread. I, unfortunately do not possess such powers.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 06-29-2014 at 09:22 AM.