SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eminem Still Has it. YoureGonnaLuvMe RaNdOm iNsAnItY 32 04-19-2014 12:59 AM
Eminem LP2 -AlphaRiku- General 16 11-18-2013 07:16 PM
OverRated)&(UnderRated Usurp RaNdOm iNsAnItY 24 08-29-2010 09:33 AM
Three most overrated things in the world. Wolfeh RaNdOm iNsAnItY 91 06-16-2008 11:33 PM
\=eminem=/ !Naruto! Banners, Avatars and Images 7 10-10-2006 05:39 PM

Old 08-29-2014, 10:57 PM   #76
LiquidSnake78

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook
Default Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Shadow, i'm not into musics the same way some of you do... but there is one thing that reguardless of what type of music you do, will never change. the fact that the music comes from your guts ! emotions, feelings, education, the environment from which you were born. all of that is mixed into your songs to create your music lyrics.

saying i will never understand hip hop is an understatement.
because hip hop is like every other musics... if its done with your guts, then it will be good. if its not, it will sucks. the background story of each rapper has no interest per say, its only good to the rapper himself in the way that he can use that for his lyrics.

the only reason most of you likes hip hop, is because they think they are gangstas and most of you just like gangstas because you think they are cooler then being a regular guy. its as much as a common fact as the fact that 90% of the D&D community wants to play evil !

i'm not going into that mold...
when i listen to a music. i listen at the words more then anything else. then the music comes after.
i hate most rappers cause they put up some huge **** into their musics... often passing their EGO above everything else thinking they are the best of the world. literally trying to be a god. i may not know them full well... i may not know who wrote which songs... and i'm quite sure all of them had a good one here and there... but i'm also sure that im not gonna like it if they start telling the world how they made love with that bitch and how they treated that women in their head.
SMH, dude ...
There are some discussions where you should not partake in ....
At All .... At times you start off good, but branch off to a dubya tee eff moment. Lol

^

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 08-29-2014 at 11:00 PM.
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #77
Bronco

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 51
Bronco is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything on that website is satire. That's a joke..

Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #78
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
all of the rappers I named are lyrically better than tupac. Meaning, based on lyrics alone. Not how successful they were/are or their stage presence.
...Seriously?

So you must of just been listening to Pac's Main stream music..... really follow his catalog you'll find that he is quite lyrical himself so no....we were never talking about how successful he was.

We've been talking about lyrics all along.

But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion though, So I won't force pac being the greatest onto your top tier list.

Quote:
Shadow, i'm not into musics the same way some of you do... but there is one thing that reguardless of what type of music you do, will never change. the fact that the music comes from your guts ! emotions, feelings, education, the environment from which you were born. all of that is mixed into your songs to create your music lyrics.

saying i will never understand hip hop is an understatement.
because hip hop is like every other musics... if its done with your guts, then it will be good. if its not, it will sucks. the background story of each rapper has no interest per say, its only good to the rapper himself in the way that he can use that for his lyrics.

the only reason most of you likes hip hop, is because they think they are gangstas and most of you just like gangstas because you think they are cooler then being a regular guy. its as much as a common fact as the fact that 90% of the D&D community wants to play evil !

i'm not going into that mold...
when i listen to a music. i listen at the words more then anything else. then the music comes after.
i hate most rappers cause they put up some huge **** into their musics... often passing their EGO above everything else thinking they are the best of the world. literally trying to be a god. i may not know them full well... i may not know who wrote which songs... and i'm quite sure all of them had a good one here and there... but i'm also sure that im not gonna like it if they start telling the world how they made love with that bitch and how they treated that women in their head.
I genuinely got a good laugh out of this....there is much more to "Hip-Hop" or just rapping/rappers in general than what you are saying....

Quote:
a common fact as the fact that 90% of the D&D community wants to play evil !
What is D&D? I hope you're not referring to Dungeons & Dragons....If so...that just proves right there how much you know. There's no way in hell you can even remotely use the two different topics with one another even if it is trying to "prove" a statistical fact. (which isn't really a fact at all)

I'll just break it down for you right now something simple for you to understand.

No....Rap is not "cool" because we think they're portraying "Gangsters" and we think its "Cooler" than being a regular guy.

The Hip-hop culture boosted because it began with a group of black people talking about the average struggles in their community (which most low poverty communities can relate to)

So before you try use labels as "Gangsters" I propose you come to one of these low poverty communities and try to live there for a year. You'll see that the lifestyle is not a means to portray a gangster, but a simple way of surviving in the streets and making it out.

That's why Hip-hop boosted because "we" being the underdogs rise above adversity with a story that was felt mostly throughout other Low poverty communities.

Nothing Gangster about it at all...Just because the average rapper talks about...
  • Sold Drugs just to provide meals for yourself / family
  • Seen more than one murder at a young age
  • Needed a gun, just for protection from a random robbery / beat down
  • Days / weeks without eating
  • Shut off notices from utility company's
  • Getting your utilities cut back on "illegally" for 150 by a guy named chuck.
  • Eviction notices
  • Welfare lines longer than a bank giving away free checks.
  • Kids starving and no "legit" way to provide for them without engaging in illegal activity

Understand this is exactly how it is....I can tell you truthfully most of the stuff on that list I did/went through.

So to you it's some extravagant lifestyle that rapper portray but no....this is the average life of the low poverty black community.

So yes, Rappers will rap about how they survived in their area and what they had to / have to do to make end meet.

Let me tell you in my area no one is labeled a gangster...not at all...Why? because everyone's "Gangster" if that's the term you want to use but really.

Everybody have a gun, why? because in my area it's either kill or be killed.....its sad but this is the times we're living in.. Some people have the mentality that..."well if I get robbed I just get robbed" but see, they don't just rob you no more and leave when they come to rob you, 95% chance they're going to shoot you after.

Don't believe me, just look up my local news network and watch the broadcasting I see daily. And no one is safe.....A couple weeks ago a guy tried to do a Snatch and run on a unsuspecting women....he snatched her purse soon as he got it from off her arm he turned around and shot her....No reason....he was masked up but....no one is leaving witnesses anymore.

The moral of the story.....it's not "acting" it's how it is.

Now, I'm not saying all rappers go through it....but in a sense either went through it or was around someone who did go through it.

But your comparison was just crazy. That's like me saying.

The worst thing on Canadian news is some maple syrup went missing (and that's about as a common fact as 99% of black people eat fried chicken)

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

(-Kam-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #79
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

this is why these topics never go forward... fanboys will always be fanboys...

i'm talking about human interactions and how much the world is... yet all you guys see is the type of music used to portray something...

soon you will be telling me that blues and jazz are very very very different kind of music. and telling me that rock and roll and pop music aren't the same either... seriously people... making a huge difference out of a single beat difference is soemthing really reeally stupid. but hey...

if you wanna believe that "on the floor" from jlo is totally a new thing... good for you !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #80
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

I think Eminem a better rapper than Jay-Z, Jay-Z is jealous of Eminem for what ever reason.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #81
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Quote:

i'm talking about human interactions and how much the world is... yet all you guys see is the type of music used to portray something...

soon you will be telling me that blues and jazz are very very very different kind of music. and telling me that rock and roll and pop music aren't the same either... seriously people... making a huge difference out of a single beat difference is soemthing really reeally stupid. but hey...

if you wanna believe that "on the floor" from jlo is totally a new thing... good for you !
Never goes forward because instead of posting about subjects or topics at hand.. you all want to prove your knowledge argue and debate..

A forum does NOT have to be full of debates and proving valid points...

Pisses me off really..

We can just talk about the thought behind jay z complaining because Em outsold him..
Maybe hanging out with kanye has boosted his ego.. There was a time he didnt care.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #82
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

What the hell is Karma talking about?

You are a fish out of water

Go back to your sea bruh, this topic is a jungle.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #83
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

I personally think it should be the other way around, Jay-Z is overrated, more overrated than Eminem.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:45 AM   #84
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

=\

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:40 AM   #85
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Forgive me but...

Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 AM   #86
breathstealer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 115
breathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura aboutbreathstealer has a spectacular aura about
Visit breathstealer's Facebook Visit breathstealer's Twitter Visit breathstealer's YouTube Visit breathstealer's Last.FM

to me, Eminem is best rapper.

Quote:
Snow is white because it's forgotten what color it's suppose to be.
Quote:
Dream while u can. Cause once it comes true, your nightmare will begins.
breathstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #87
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

In a rap battle eminem would walk all over Jay-Z.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #88
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Yea sha right. Jay z talking greezy cause he's has the and money and power so he knows em won't say ish. He know em bad af so he saying that cause he want people to crown him king but I crown him Dunce.** Takes out dunce hat and places it on jay z*
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #89
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathstealer View Post
to me, Eminem is best rapper.
And you are white and or of caucus decent correct? Which is the exact demographic of people that just like em. I'm not saying it's a race thing... But how many other rappers can you name that are both lyrical and relevant.

Kam... My son... Take a seat.

If you can post one hot bar... Just one... That tupac said... Then we can continue this argument. Then I will show you how he stacks up to anybody else.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #90
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

She's asian^

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #91
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

Quote:
Jay also spoke about Eminem’s album sales, saying it is a travesty that he is the highest-selling rapper of all-time. “When you really think about it, it’s ridiculous that Em has outsold so many rappers with real talent. 2Pac, Nas, Big, Kanye, and myself would rap circles around him. I am not trying to take away from his talent, but in all reality, he is catalogue can’t match mine.”
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/music/jay...d-rapper-time/

There is truth in that bold print. In that sense you can say he is overrated. There have been other artist that are pretty dope lyricist but there music won't be as mainstream as Em has. Yes he is up there though.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #92
JY-Gully
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 356
JY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished roadJY-Gully is on a distinguished road

Stop fronting, you already I'm the best rapper of all time. Don't make me post my tracks on the forum and by the way B.Y.A
JY-Gully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #93
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Jay-Z says Eminem is the most overrated rapper of all time.

B>Y>A

Post away bro. @JY-Gully
Old 09-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #94
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Jay-Z is not on Eminem level. Eminem can style on any beat, Jay-Z can't do that. Jay need to sit his old ass down somewhere. Jay-Z make an album with 4th grade educational vocabulary words, he is not all of that. Just because he got Beyonce doesn't make him all of that. Jay-Z not half as good when he was rapping back in the day, everything he got and say is from Rakim. Bow Wow better than Jay-Z. Loool!

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 09-09-2014 at 05:11 AM.