SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SUGGESTION] Sentinel New Move for Unvind xXCapcomXx New Features 31 03-15-2011 05:16 AM
Sentinel VS Noobs/users Questions Shadow~Jolteon General Comments & Strategies 0 06-22-2007 08:40 PM
Sentinel speed slowed.. blockattack New Features 10 03-30-2007 01:26 PM
Character questions ~RD~Onslaught General Comments & Strategies 6 07-14-2006 05:21 PM

Old 03-21-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
veteranlegends

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 26
veteranlegends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default questions regarding character speed,sentinel, move variety lag

Regarding sentinel
(1) what is the difference b/w his rocket punch punched
I.e. down forward LP, down forward, MP, down forward, HP
I think it affects speed and damage

(2) what is the difference between VIP sent and regular sent..
I definitely notice a speed difference, and that the regular sent levels up faster by hard kicking in the air, versus the VIP one...
is that because perhaps , if VIP sent leveled up that fast it would be too strong?

(3) I noticed also move variety seems to be compensated, so if you keep using a move e.g. rocket punch ... you wont do as much damage, but if you change it up it will, even noticed that in story mode.. is there like a penalty for using the same move over and over?

(4)Also in terms of lag, as the game's network code will be re-tweaked, just wanted to note some lag issues e.g.
basically it lags out and you can hit your opponnent over and over i.e. sentinels medium punch for like 1 whole minute, and they dont even get damaged maybe because they are somehow on the other side of screen or countering you.

(5) What are your thoughts about turbo mode vs. expert mode?
I think if expert mode reduced speed a bit, we could fix lag up a bit?

(6) Also thoughts on lag settings. I notice a HUGE difference with slow connection mode OFF it takes FOREVER to beat people due to lag.

btw on a completely unrelated note, regarding the forums, if you have certain adblockers, it will hide the "New Thread" button, FYI.
For chrome, id recommend simpleextmanager, you can turn off your extensions

Last edited by veteranlegends; 03-21-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: wording
veteranlegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Re: questions regarding character speed,sentinel, move variety lag

I'd recommend turning adblocker off for this site/allowing the forum through. We've never run ads.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1342
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteranlegends View Post
Regarding sentinel

I definitely notice a speed difference, and that the regular sent levels up faster by hard kicking in the air, versus the VIP one...
is that because perhaps , if VIP sent leveled up that fast it would be too strong?

(3) I noticed also move variety seems to be compensated, so if you keep using a move e.g. rocket punch ... you wont do as much damage, but if you change it up it will, even noticed that in story mode.. is there like a penalty for using the same move over and over?

(4)Also in terms of lag, as the game's network code will be re-tweaked, just wanted to note some lag issues e.g.
basically it lags out and you can hit your opponnent over and over i.e. sentinels medium punch for like 1 whole minute, and they dont even get damaged maybe because they are somehow on the other side of screen or countering you.

(6) Also thoughts on lag settings. I notice a HUGE difference with slow connection mode OFF it takes FOREVER to beat people due to lag.

btw on a completely unrelated note, regarding the forums, if you have certain adblockers, it will hide the "New Thread" button, FYI.

No thank you to reducing expert mode's speed. As far as you spamming one move over and over and your opponent countering on their screen, that was implemented on sfo years ago. Try switching between medium/high/low rocket punch if you're going to continuously rocket punch spam so all of them show on the opponents screen. There's more to it, but that should get you started. Enjoy the few wins you get until I comeback to reclaim my throne.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by veteranlegends View Post
Regarding sentinel

In my opinion man, this is what I think it could be:
1. Hmm, good question: I didn't know that sentinel's 3 different way RPs affect his speed and damage. Maybe try the LP slow one if you feel it's a better fit.

2. Difference between VIP sentinel and regular sentinel is: VIP Sentinel has different color (which only applies to vip sentinel users). Regular sentinel has rare colors that users select either in single-player mode or multi-player gameplay. Level meter is about the same. The regular sentinel's fingers moves slower than VIP's Sentinel which is much faster. Depends on who your facing if it's stronger to you or weaker.

3. Not entirely dude. If you wanna spam a move over and over again with sentinel, then there's no judgment or rules against that. Other pro users may work around you with their speed to defeat your sentinel (depends on your playing style). You do whatever it takes to win and lose man, which is what SFO is about having fun.

4. Yeah, not to worry, the SFO staff here are aware of the situation with network lag, and it will be fixed. It just depends on your net speed. Try not to worry so much about this one.

5. Expert mode is just a better mode. (this is what a lot of users choose). So it's best to use this mode (if your PC/laptop can handle this).

6. In relation to #4 , your playing style depends on how fast you can move/attack/super vs. your opponents, so you can either use slow connection mode or not. It's up to you.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote