SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Links

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic BG memories. Wolfeh General Comments & Strategies 140 12-02-2014 04:58 PM
09 Memories (~Vanilla~) RaNdOm iNsAnItY 13 12-27-2009 05:38 PM
Forum memories evryoung8998 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 29 01-14-2007 03:33 AM
Goals and memories @ sfo ryuishero General 5 05-11-2006 08:53 PM
Memories... Shadow-Ryu RaNdOm iNsAnItY 11 04-14-2006 12:11 PM

Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 774
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Old VG Memories

Are a trip. Although, technically it's a PC game.

Karma, remember with me. I don't want to feel old for too long.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 07-13-2010 at 12:34 AM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 32
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Old VG Memories

I'm not as old as you, but i'll try to recollect my old VG Memories.

This game was an awesome PC/PS1 game for it's time.

Fond memories of raping doom 1 with God mode and no clip mode on as well.

While these games aren't old by any means, I still have fond memories of playing the skirmish and story modes multiple times. I also remember owning people on 8 player 56k connection games.

I have fond memories of absolutely HATING THIS GAME. Not in a good way either.

I remember glitching this game unintentionally and having to maneuver through a glitched world and ultimately taking longer to complete the game than it would have taken without glitches.

I remember playing this game and never finishing it. It was hard as hell at the time. It was also VERY good for it's time though ... It almost makes me want to play the original Metal Gear games ... Almost.

I have more old VG memories ... But i'll let SSJKarma hijack this thread.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
The GameBreaker!
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
The GameBreaker! is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad Memory Here...

1st Time Playin 50 Cent: Bulletproof...

I Noticed That This Guy Can Take 1000 Bullets To The Chest & Dome, But Can't Survive A Jump Down Some Effin Stairs...I Got So Mad...I Turned The Game Off And Never Played Again....T-T
The GameBreaker! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 761
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Are a trip. Although, technically it's a PC game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAma-ypBaQM

Karma, remember with me. I don't want to feel old for too long.
OMG i loved this game, i used to play it when i was a kid, on some game disk i brought called like Game-O-Rama with like 999 games on it. Also TF can you find some game called like Cosmo Alien or w.e, with some green martin or alien thing, that like collects these wired fruits.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 166
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Best Game ever.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GameBreaker! View Post
Bad Memory Here...

1st Time Playin 50 Cent: Bulletproof...

I Noticed That This Guy Can Take 1000 Bullets To The Chest & Dome, But Can't Survive A Jump Down Some Effin Stairs...I Got So Mad...I Turned The Game Off And Never Played Again....T-T
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

lol. Indeed.

KOG, that first vid is, ewwww. The only one on your list I played was Doom.

Donkios, don't know it.

LUX, lol. Yes. I just talked about that game with a friend. I loved and hated Cosmo. Because the little alien was stupid, and I wanted to slap him and ask him why he was stupid. Why did it have plungers for hands?! But the game was a trip, man.

The music and the sounds are burned into my memory. Geez. Apogee was awesome.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
lol. Indeed.

Donkios, don't know it.

LUX, lol. Yes. I just talked about that game with a friend. I loved and hated Cosmo. Because the little alien was stupid, and I wanted to slap him and ask him why he was stupid. Why did it have plungers for hands?! But the game was a trip, man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDnPN...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yza_n...eature=related

The music and the sounds are burned into my memory. Geez. Apogee was awesome.
OMG man, you just brought back my childhood, something that is priceless, and i appreciate that. This must be one of the best most meaningful threads EVER!!!!

now its coming back to me, TF do you remember, like Max's back yard adventures or w.e where u go to all these different worlds in his back yard. & also this game with this like troll and his weapon is a yo-yo, i rember them but not the names lol.

Last edited by LuXv; 07-13-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Jakelynch
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 15
Jakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enoughJakelynch will become famous soon enough
Visit Jakelynch's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
ilu
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by x(-LUX-)x View Post
OMG man, you just brought back my childhood, something that is priceless, and i appreciate that. This must be one of the best most meaningful threads EVER!!!!

now its coming back to me, TF do you remember, like Max's back yard adventures or w.e where u go to all these different worlds in his back yard. & also this game with this like troll and his weapon is a yo-yo, i rember them but not the names lol.
Lol. No, I don't.

These. Were. THE. ****. PERIOD. The game let you play as a kangaroo. A KANGAROO.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 07-13-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
lol. Indeed.

Well, that was one of the first PC games i've ever played, and it seems like some of those elements of that game carried over to Kingdom Hearts.

That video didn't give much justice to the game though.

I don't think i was old enough to remember games for DOS ... I remember games from the Windows 95 era onward.

There are ALOT more games i didn't mention ... It would be too much to list in one post. But i'll post parts of it anyways.

Most of the games on this list were from the SNES, since that was the very first console i ever owned. I must have played these games when i was 5-6 years old.

I played some ridiculously difficult games in my early childhood.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 104
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofStreetfighter101 View Post
Well, that was one of the first PC games i've ever played, and it seems like some of those elements of that game carried over to Kingdom Hearts.

That video didn't give much justice to the game though.

I don't think i was old enough to remember games for DOS ... I remember games from the Windows 95 era onward.

There are ALOT more games i didn't mention ... It would be too much to list in one post. But i'll post parts of it anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl7i5qWg8NE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5u9nD_I0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFkNUboHvD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-iCowUnWAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZuIxWogjQU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VeGVzhqHDw

Most of the games on this list were from the SNES, since that was the very first console i ever owned. I must have played these games when i was 5-6 years old.

I played some ridiculously difficult games in my early childhood.
MORTAL KOMBAT for SNES now that was the stuff, it was impressive for its time=/ Now I look at it and thank what was I smoking.
TotalReincarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #13
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofStreetfighter101 View Post
So you SNES kids got blood in MK afterall? Lol.

Good old DOS.

One of my favorite games for the Genesis:

Storyline was incredible, and the graphics were smooth. Pretty sure it was the same kind used in the original Prince of Persia games.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 07-14-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
-Disciple-

Post Thanks / Like
-Disciple- is an unknown quantity at this point

The battle has just begun
-Disciple- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #15
-Disciple-

Post Thanks / Like
-Disciple- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by x(-LUX-)x View Post
I don't think you need the URL tags on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRpk-WdE9pg
i got it already lol

The battle has just begun

Last edited by -Disciple-; 07-14-2010 at 07:17 PM.
-Disciple- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

lol i see, and nobody mentioned Streets of rage 1-2 or Final fight? lol in the words of Ken Masters "C'MON!!!!"

Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #17
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

You skipped it. Previous page.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

oh my god, you brought me down memory lane fist...

Test Drive, wow, hours of gameplay trying to not be taken by the cops because my beeping radar was going nuts... oh man... it was way tougher then i ever thought. of course i remember commander keen 1 to 6, how couldn'T i, my friend was a great fan and i passed down hours of looking at him speeding thru the levels. my turn, do you remember those...

Apogee for the win, bringing us the good old platformer of the time.

Epic Megagames was no puch over either !!!!!

OMG Delphine software were so advanced for their time, anime graphics, **** the what !

Hours of gameplay with friends over the network with our 33,6 and his 28,8 k modems !

Man PC Games were a hundred times better then what consoles were bringing back then.
too bad now because of hacking games on PC are disappearing faster then rabbits on steroids.

OMG RAPTOR !!!!!!!!!!!
that was the best shooting game i had ever played, aside from ikaruga later on DC.

Bonus, trip down memory lane !

Man i'm almost crying when i see those old games on youtube...
anybody needs to go thru these series of games !
- Police Quest
- King Quest
- Leisure suit larry
- Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis

al these games by sierra were so awesome.
heres a few more i just can't speak for them, you ahve to see them !

By the way, gone jackal really did all the musics for this game, its what brought them to day light !

man, i was such a fan until jedi knight 3 who pretty much ruined everything !

you haven't played horror games if you haven't played this one !

man the best gabriel knight in the trilogy if you ask me, it was so cool !

BROKEN SWORD !!!!! FTW !!!!!

Last edited by SSJKarma; 07-15-2010 at 02:16 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Cyber Dogs

Can also D/L it Here.
http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/cyberdogs/

Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the roughTotalReincarnation is a jewel in the rough

Karma you are reminding me of when I was a young kid, that is kinda sad how crappy quality games were back then and we though they were awesome yet now compare them to current games and its like .. hey wow that game... DOS for the win
Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #21
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Total: i actually think the games of old were a 100 times better then todays games !

back then they were all about gameplay and stories. the multiplayer aspect weren'T the best there was yet they had innovation into it. including the mode i loved so much, COOP play. its only been 6 years since that mode came back into games.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #22
TotalReincarnation
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Total: i actually think the games of old were a 100 times better then todays games !

back then they were all about gameplay and stories. the multiplayer aspect weren'T the best there was yet they had innovation into it. including the mode i loved so much, COOP play. its only been 6 years since that mode came back into games.

Oh yea don't get me wrong old games are really the best games cause they have the real deal game play and are fun to play, and can let you pass major time there is no games like the old games.. but I am saying it is amazing how we use to think the games were so awesome and pro compared to the graphics we have today, for example take an 8-bit game and compare it today games.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #23
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalReincarnation View Post
Oh yea don't get me wrong old games are really the best games cause they have the real deal game play and are fun to play, and can let you pass major time there is no games like the old games.. but I am saying it is amazing how we use to think the games were so awesome and pro compared to the graphics we have today, for example take an 8-bit game and compare it today games.
Yeah I agree, they where simple fun games, caompared to the games today. The games back then where just PURE FUN. plus they where all "break through s" in Technology back them, which made them even more fun. Plus Im pretty sure we all have memories of having fun with these games... and the memories of getting mad at these games lol.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

you know the feeling i have when it comes to graphics of today ?
seems to me like their goal is to re-live our real world with a touch of fantasy.
back then graphics didn't care about reality, all that materred was that it was all flashy and fun !

may it be 2D tiled, or full blown 3D polygonnal.
i'm seeking the maximum the console can get... and right now i have the impression that the consoles of today cannot get the best out of them. take a look at starfox on snes, take a look at stunt racer FX on snes, take a look at SFA2 on snes, take a look at seiken densetsu 3 on snes. heck even star ocean and tales of phantasy. tell me those didn't push the console to its limit.

i dont know the power of the consoles of today because their power has became a moot point. back then were seeking the fun and action of the games. the gameplay, todays games only care about the graphics and only a few small gems actually shows up. look at max payne when it came out. it was a beast, graphics weren'T top notch compared to other games. yet the gameplay freaked me out.

recently the only games that i truly felt alive with...
Gears of wars.
that game a totally new experience to me, i thought it was an FPS but i was wrong to begin with. its style goes into its very own category. MGS was fun, but they made so much of them that they ruined the series to begin with. games of today care only for the WOW that game brings and do not care for the real reason we buy consoles. look at sony with its blue ray disks playability to listen to movies, look at the PSP, hey you can view movies on it. who cares, really when i buy a console its for the game, not the movies nor the musics.

consoles are starting to be computers and because of that computers are losing it, soon computers will only be good at working in business. and even there our consoles will soon be doing the job.

i hate hackers for this...
of old we didn't have that problem...
10 years ago, that problem was barely starting...
to know it only took 10 years to ruin the computer experience...
trip down memory lane... games of old were so much better.
attitudes were so much better.
game companies were so much better !
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like

You're blaming hackers for features that companies put on their systems nowadays? Really Karma? Really?

I agreed with everything you said until the last two paragraphs.

The video game industry wasn't what it was 10-20 years ago, hell even SIX years ago. People who buy video game consoles don't buy them just for the games anymore ... One example is the Playstation 3. The playstation 3 has Blu-Ray support, a internet browser, music/movie playback .. and even had a feature that let you use a OPERATING SYSTEM on it.

Look at sony's advertising campaign for the PS3. if you watch any of their commercials ... You would notice that sony BRAGS about their console being able to do everything.

Ironically enough, you're blaming hackers for making video game consoles more like computers ... When the playstation 3 was "hacked" by geohotz, (Using the built in operating system function on the PS3). Sony REMOVED the "other OS" option that enabled using operating systems such as ubuntu on the PS3. A hacker directly resulted in the removal of a option that allowed you to use your PS3 as a computer.

As for the PSP ... Thanks to hackers, you can do stuff such as this.

You can play arcade classics that sony hasn't even thought of releasing.

Back on the original topic... This is the first NES game i ever played. (No it's not super mario brothers. )

Look at those graphics ... It's hard to believe this is a NES game.