SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Links

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wolverine: Man Of Steel ((HF)Kindaru Challenges and Tournaments 10 06-16-2012 03:50 PM
Wolverine: Man Of Steel ((HF)Kindaru General Comments & Strategies 0 04-16-2012 10:19 PM
Real Steel Video Game SSJKarma General 6 01-07-2012 12:54 PM
[FILM] Real Steel Preview SSJKarma General 10 10-11-2011 02:27 PM
Blue steel ! rvca Banners, Avatars and Images 5 03-10-2007 05:05 PM

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #1
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Man of Steel trailer

so, has anyone of you already seen it?

http://youtu.be/6jKWJZsjm5Uwith

with nolan on the helm, i simply loving the narrative on this
but on the latter part of the trailer where you see superman flying in the air and (me) trying to understand the laws of physics, his sonic speed was virtually breaking the atmosphere but why were there smokes coming outta his feet? was he wearing boosters in his boots?

discuss...

Last edited by bloodpack; 07-23-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Man of Steel trailer

i just hope its not too dark... its fine for batman but superman usually lives in a very bright world.

be back after i see the video.

ook first of all, nolans not at the helm of this...
Zack Snyder is.
nolans only a producer, the producer does give a few points on scenario but doesn't create it.
a producer gives out the money and machines to turn the movie into something, he doesn't direct it, he doesn't create the scenario, he barely is there for it to happen, but hes not the captain of the boat.

as for this trailer... i'ts barely a teaser, so i'd not even take this for granted.

the last point being... do you know laws of friction ?
i guess not because you asked about the smoke at his feets without noticing that even planes without boosters have it in high altitudes. so let me explain it to you... first the cone like thing you took for the sound barrier... its not... its simply the vacuum of air that he displaces as he moves... no need to go hyper sonic to enable that. then at one point in altitudes, the air rarify, making the cone disappear because there is not enough air to displace... but friction of the remaining air against his feets liquify the water int he air transforming it into what you saw... two big lines of smokes... mists to be exact... or small clouds whatever you want to take it for.

thats the same phenomenon that happens to planes when they reach certain heights.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 07-23-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

bah...i so hate you karma

Bump: PS: if zack is the director, be sure to expect some humpin' & boobies

Last edited by bloodpack; 07-23-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Seen it. Seen both actually. (Two versions- one with each of his dads, played by Costner and Crowe)

Unsure which one is better. Both trailers are very good--which doesn't tell me anything about what the movie will be like.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

As long as they arent making a superman game im ok with that. Those things are terrible.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

actually the superman games on arcades were awesome, good old beat em up games that is.

unfortunately this trailer shows nothing, and by nothing i truly mean nothing...
at least the avengers movie which was saying nothing, actually showed us the quality fo the video... this one shows us nothing, it would actually turn away superman peeps... i know my father will be disappointed if i show him that and hes a big fan of superman, awaiting this movie a lot.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

It was a good trailer man I don't know what you saw Karma . Short , simple , & sweet . Doesn't give away too much of the movie or plot . Was pretty sweet didn't seem dark to me , but rather beautiful .
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #8
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
unfortunately this trailer shows nothing, and by nothing i truly mean nothing...
i understand what you mean, youre probably wanting or expecting to see in a trailer some pure unadulterated action sequences, superman busting some villan's ass, lifting aircrafts or any feats of strength

we all got used on seeing superhero films on that kind of presentation as well as in the recent superman film (superman returns); which is 80% machismo/macho bravado; 20% re-telling of origin

bear in mind that chris nolan is involved in this
Id rather see a superman film in a different light
what made him become a superhero, his motivations for being
what makes him care or give a damn to earth and its people
the important values instilled in him by his adopted parents

these important aspects of his humanity were narrowly depicted
in bryan singer's superman returns

nolan is probably more focused on his origin story, him as a normal being, living in a normal environment, which is what were seeing in these trailers...how he grew up, how he was brought up, what the foundations of being a superhero are and how he came to what he is..as the world's greatest superhero champion

Last edited by bloodpack; 07-24-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Glad it shoes nothing lol , it doesn't give away anything just yet . There will be more trailers though , but this is a good first trailer for a movie thats coming next year .
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6415
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I litarally have 0 expectations for this film but Ill give it a chance like most films. I mean I even gave one of the twilight movies a chance even thought those films are just god aweful. After seeing the trailer well teasers more than trailers so far just seems kind of dark like the world will be against him type stuff which I dont think will work if they go into that direction for a superman movie. Superman was always Up beat, heroic, and iconic all at the same time I dont think Dark and Gloomey will fit the bill. However these are both just teasers so future trailers may be different and the film itself may be a totaly different thing.

I remember when my friend saw this he thought it was Iron Man 3, he even keeps insisting Superman flying at the end of the trailer is Iron Man, my friend I have to say is very freakin blind. Not to mention even if that did look like Iron Man there was a huge S logo for superman at the end lol
Old 07-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #11
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
I remember when my friend saw this he thought it was Iron Man 3, he even keeps insisting Superman flying at the end of the trailer is Iron Man, my friend I have to say is very freakin blind. Not to mention even if that did look like Iron Man there was a huge S logo for superman at the end lol
actually, "S" stands for Stark as in Stark Enterprises, youre blind liger, jk!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #12
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

They just can't seem to make a good Superman movie.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

bloodpack, his never ending thirst for helping mankind didn't come only from his foster parents...
his real father also knew that he'd gain super powers in that place and always hoped his son would be able to help his new home and people. its not just the teaching of his foster parents, his real parents wished for it to. which pushed clark on the road as everyone was expecting it. but you must tell yourself that even with all the push he had... his thirst for justice didn't come at their expanse. it came from him having powers powers that could help bring right to the wrongs of the world. the same any other super heros did. the same feeling that brought the justice league together in the first place.

but knowing nolan... forget everything you know about superman... yes you might be seeing old origins in some ways... but you will not see the superman of the comics, he'll do his own version of it. i just hope it wont be like the batman movie, batman and superman are extreme opposites. thats also why they hold so well together.

also i'll end like this...
i know christ nolan helps on scenario... but thats all it is... a scenario... that doesn'T make the movie. the director is the one bringing th emovie alive. if the director sucks and makes mistakes.. the movie sucks reguardless of his scenario. the superman return movie is a good esxemple of that... great scenario if you ask... singer made the movie god awefull. too much realism...

actually thats the problem i have with super hero movie lately... too much realism.
those guys weren't created to be real. dont try to make them real.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6415
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
actually, "S" stands for Stark as in Stark Enterprises, youre blind liger, jk!
Now had my friend said that I would have Donkey Punched him.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #15
(-Kam-)

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

=\ honestly how many times are they gonna keep making and re-making this super hero movies. They should just give us a new super hero that we've never even imagined.

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
killerdude10
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
killerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura aboutkillerdude10 has a spectacular aura about
Visit killerdude10's Facebook

Waiting for a Deadpool movie. If they ever make one that is.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by (M-X)RecKoninG View Post
=\ honestly how many times are they gonna keep making and re-making this super hero movies. They should just give us a new super hero that we've never even imagined.
i guess the trend in hollywood is, theyre gonna keep doing and doing it again and again until theyve perfected it...in terms of box office/gross earning, storywise as well as the reception of the fans

its up to the consumers/moviegoers if were gonna buy it, but the way i see it, hollywood will continue milking the public

weve seen lots of reboots/remakes, to name a few we have the punisher, superman, x-men, spiderman, hulk, batman, judge dredd, total recall and many others
Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
Dark_slice
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by (M-X)RecKoninG View Post
still waiting on dr. Strange movie... =/
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3099
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

bumping cause of this:

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #20
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

^saw the trailer too this weeks ago this and iron man 3 really wanna see =D

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Blah... the man of steel is gonna be just another hulk without all the mythos he is supposed to have...

i stick to my view... the dark knight ish stuff do not work with superman, this might be cool and all, but that wont be the superman we all want. at this rate, justice league will never happen, and DC is gonna screw it up big time.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #22
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

^never know man they really should do a justice league movie that would be epic

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #23
Mayhem4Lyfe
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 57
Mayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura aboutMayhem4Lyfe has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by x~Silver~x View Post
^never know man they really should do a justice league movie that would be epic
iono dc character movies tend to fall short ...excluding bats
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #24
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

SuperMan has been my favorite childhood hero, sad to see how the movies are poorly made.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #25
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Mayhem, thats their goal actually...
with the release of the superman movie... they are making a new batman movie.
since nolan didn't want to let them use his. but he will still help in making the new one.
then they are going with probably another one movie, like wonder woman or something, then release the justice league movie.

all possible considering green lantern is already made and that the same guys are making the flash movie. and all of them benefit the "realistic no mystic" reality that nolan created with the bat. though im glad the green lantern kept most of its content. the only fault to me in that movie, was parallax... like why start that big ? what's it gonna be after that... sinestro ? yeah right. jordan kicks parallax that easy so imagine how long sinestro will last.

anyway the flash movie should be a good mix between CSI and SEVEN. which should be quite perfect for barry allen... though i wish they'd use Wally instead.
Closed Thread