SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CONTEST] blockattack vs. [Active SFO] blockattack Challenges and Tournaments 43 03-07-2013 03:48 PM
Enhancements for the active. haspinwal New Features 15 06-12-2011 04:50 PM
I'm the most active. azncat RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 10-26-2007 03:14 PM
Active x kenhyryu Bugs and Problems report 6 08-14-2006 03:15 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
hB

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 57
hB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Make SFO more active

So..

Over the past couple weeks or so, there has been a large focus on the activity and well being of SFO. With empty servers, no big tournaments taking place and on top of that, the clan scene is non-existent.

Firstly, complaining about it on the forum isn't going to help. All your doing is preaching to the choir. A lot of people have clearly moved on in life and no longer have any interest what so ever in playing SFO.

What SFO needs is a new generation, and abundance of noobs to bring the youthful enthusiasm back to the game.

First thing I'd like to ask the staff, do you guys advertise the game? I know due to certain legal reasons this might not be feasible, please clear this up for me. At the moment this game only gets discovered by personal recommendation. How many people type Streetfighteronline into Google these days?

And to the members, vip's, ambassadors etc... Remember the staff are just normal joes like everyone else, they don't get paid to moderate your threads or send you a whoopsie on the servers. So spare them the dramatics, please.

Discuss.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
carmona89

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 56
carmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura aboutcarmona89 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Make SFO more active

People get older and unfortunately gain a lot more responsibilities. I had all of the time in the world 10 years ago when I started playing this game. What kept me active where the vets at the time that pushed me to get better at the the game. Not just any vets but vets that destroyed anyone and pushed you to keep challenging them until you finally beat them. The clan scene being active helped too. The lack of updates hurt the game as well but I understand the situation that the game is currently in. I wish I could help but teaching and playing music pretty much takes up all of my time.
2nd Team Battle
POTL division 3 Champ
2nd ken masters
2nd Kens Quest To Conqour
3rd Master of The Hadou
Old 04-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 297
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: Make SFO more active

-' I think the reason it's un-active because, TMyapp didn't add new characters or people just grew older.

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBlaze View Post
What SFO needs is a new generation, and abundance of noobs to bring the youthful enthusiasm back to the game.
1: TMyApp was to send emails to gaming sites. No update as to whether this was accomplished.

2: It's been about 3 months now since we last heard from TMyApp. So we do not his status or what the game's plans are.

Perhaps the staff know something we don't. All we can do is wait.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 04-03-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 765
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

1. I know SFO is not as active at all, but trust in Tmy. Always trust in him if he say's hes going todo something he will.

2. Tmy said that when he releases this update (possibly the biggest Update SFO has seen in a very long time) is when (and only then) will hw advertise to his friends over at other gaming websites and such, and bring in a wave of fresh noobs.

He doesnt want to bring in people with nothing new to offer, he wants to have something new to offer first before he does HIS WAY of advertising for the game.

3. Yes we do Advertise, but like Mont said us Staff members are humans and have a completely separate (more important) life to attend to that we must attend to first. So we cant be as active as we like, but we do try to advertise mostly (and most noticeably) through Facebook.

4. Twitter & Instagram might come eventually but we are waiting (like you guys are) for the new update XD

SHORT VERSION: Tmy always keeps his word, when he brings the next update which will be big he will generate new members and make the game way more active. We advertise as much as we can.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

short answer : we can't advertise, not even members can. TMyApp strickly forbid us from doing so, reserving himself the right when he does "MAJOR" update.

Long answer:
TMyApp was supposed to have done it with the 14th update. as far as i know he probably did, hes a man of his word to say the least. but thats as far as it goes...

as for game updates... there is a big exclamation mark on the main page, thats tmyapp telling us that he probably has a big surprise for 2014. but there is no date because hes not sure when its gonna be release or if its gonna be release in 2014 at all. its all about how much time and money he can put into this. so for now we're concentrating on living thru this until we can finally see the formation of his vision which he already told us (members included) what his SFO 2.0 is all about. just a guess but im sure he's working on it. when will it be out, your guess is as good as mine.

loop hole...
like everything there is a loop hole in all contracts, even though this isn't one of them...
he did agree on us promoting the facebook. he did accept us promoting on twitter and basically all social networks. he did ackowledge us to promote the game as much as we can... the only condition he doesn't want us to go over, is the dedicated gaming websites... that he reserves the right to post on only when major update comes in.

now... you say typing street fighter online on google brings you something....
to me i tryed... with only street fighter and heres what i got...
thats the second page by the way... look whats there !

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...ghter&start=10

so no, we're not very far away from being known if google find us without having to type the online thing.

the last problem we face is the old engine issue...
most websites stopped using shockwave, most websites are using flash and unity now.
the engine is now causing problems when it comes to advertising. so the reality is, whatever we do, right now all we can do is promote it via social networks as much as we can... but otherwise we're stuck waiting for SFO 2.0 which tmyapp promised us if he ever gets the time. and we know for sure that he is giving us time since we're still alive up to this point.

does that clears it out for you ?

Last edited by SSJKarma; 04-03-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #7
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBlaze View Post
So..

Firstly, complaining about it on the forum isn't going to help. All your doing is preaching to the choir. A lot of people have clearly moved on in life and no longer have any interest what so ever in playing SFO.
Isn't that what your doing?

Quote:
Yea but how when we got a bunch of assholes in the older generations that make the new guys not want to play.

I mean seriously the only new people i see on this forum are the people i took to the training server and fixed there host. Then spent like an hour teaching them how to play. See you guys will be like look at the move list to learn how to play to the new guys but the move list will only help them so much.

This game has a horrid lag problem where characters actually disappear and teleport to from side to side. So the actually took the time to teach people like nuukid how to host and how to read lag.
I can name about 5-6 people i've spent over an hour teaching how to play this game. I even taught holyken once even tho i forgot why lol.

Quote:
ambassadors etc... Remember the staff are just normal joes like everyone else, they don't get paid to moderate your threads or send you a whoopsie on the servers.
ambs are staff and i got racks when i was an amb... whatchu mean?

Quote:
So spare them the dramatics, please.
nah

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 04-04-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
hB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Isn't that what your doing?
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Yea but how when we got a bunch of assholes in the older generations that make the new guys not want to play.

I mean seriously the only new people i see on this forum are the people i took to the training server and fixed there host. Then spent like an hour teaching them how to play. See you guys will be like look at the move list to learn how to play to the new guys but the move list will only help them so much.

This game has a horrid lag problem where characters actually disappear and teleport to from side to side. So the actually took the time to teach people like nuukid how to host and how to read lag.
I can name about 5-6 people i've spent over an hour teaching how to play this game. I even taught holyken once even tho i forgot why lol.
Good Job.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
but like Mont said u
I'm not Mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
short answer : we can't advertise, not even members can. TMyApp strickly forbid us from doing so, reserving himself the right when he does "MAJOR" update.

Long answer:
TMyApp was supposed to have done it with the 14th update. as far as i know he probably did, hes a man of his word to say the least. but thats as far as it goes...

as for game updates... there is a big exclamation mark on the main page, thats tmyapp telling us that he probably has a big surprise for 2014. but there is no date because hes not sure when its gonna be release or if its gonna be release in 2014 at all. its all about how much time and money he can put into this. so for now we're concentrating on living thru this until we can finally see the formation of his vision which he already told us (members included) what his SFO 2.0 is all about. just a guess but im sure he's working on it. when will it be out, your guess is as good as mine.

loop hole...
like everything there is a loop hole in all contracts, even though this isn't one of them...
he did agree on us promoting the facebook. he did accept us promoting on twitter and basically all social networks. he did ackowledge us to promote the game as much as we can... the only condition he doesn't want us to go over, is the dedicated gaming websites... that he reserves the right to post on only when major update comes in.

now... you say typing street fighter online on google brings you something....
to me i tryed... with only street fighter and heres what i got...
thats the second page by the way... look whats there !

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=...ghter&start=10

so no, we're not very far away from being known if google find us without having to type the online thing.

the last problem we face is the old engine issue...
most websites stopped using shockwave, most websites are using flash and unity now.
the engine is now causing problems when it comes to advertising. so the reality is, whatever we do, right now all we can do is promote it via social networks as much as we can... but otherwise we're stuck waiting for SFO 2.0 which tmyapp promised us if he ever gets the time. and we know for sure that he is giving us time since we're still alive up to this point.

does that clears it out for you ?
Does SFO have an actual twitter account?
Old 04-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Quote:
this is a fighting game, and fighting games are harsh on peoples mind and anybody playing games for a while, even small kids... already knows that the world must turn around them, you help them, good for you, good for them, i encourage you... but telling others they are a-holes because they dont is strickly unfair for them. you know what i mean, you've been a noob too at one point and i can't remember the number of times i saw you come in here and say things like "YALL COME AT ME IM DA BEST IN THE UNVERSE" thrash talking exists pal, and it will always exists, even more in PVP games !

Quote:
and tell me exactly what you are doing to teach them... saying them how many microseconds they need to hit the keys to perform a move that is clearly written ? fixing host have nothing to do with move lists, but seriously.. teaching people basics is not hard. trying to teach them how to be faster, now that is pretty hard. and thats why i always suggest to people to start playing normal or turbo and then going up to their desired speed. cause yes, going up in speed actually hasten the response time for the combo to register. making things way harder on expert. thats how i learned, thats how many here have learned and there is no shortcuts in learning a game. reguardless of how many of you says otherwise.

Quote:
This game has a horrid lag problem where characters actually disappear and teleport to from side to side.
oh you mean those kids "ABUSING" the voluntary lagging glitch that is caused by super jumping ? because thats what it is. or the kids trying to play on school networks with like 30 other people using that same internet speed. or those kids not knowing better then to download huge files while playing video games cause yeah "i got very high connection speed anyway". yeah those kids totally learn about lags. how do i know this... cause really, the first thing a true online gamer must learn is how to not screw his own connection with whatever malware they could dig up.

seriously, i go over 200 to 300 only when there is like 4+ people in my host. and thats still reasonable a connection. but as soon as anyone super jumps like mad, which is what most people do because lets face it, super jumping is the coolest thing you can do in game right. after all, what doesn't it do. it brings you to safety up there, it lags the opponent out and create a blind spot.

seriously why do you think we SJ locked out the feature. if it was me, i'd lock it out after 3 not 5 !
also, even though you may think expert is cool... its not, because the extra speed plays badly with FPS in game and thus makes teleporting worse.

hence why normal and turbo have far less lag in them.

Quote:
So the actually took the time to teach people like nuukid how to host and how to read lag.
good you helped... again what did you teach him ?
how exactly are you predicting lag while still predicting whats your opponent is doing ?
so basically you taught him how to be totally random and shooting everywhere at once. which is what most players here do. also why super jumping is a good thing, because it makes the game even more random for your opponent.

Quote:
again good for you and them...whats your point ?
teaching them isn't enough ? because if thats the point then its even more nowhere !
because the point here was about activity, not how many people you can teach how to play per hours. teaching people do not bring more to the table.

Quote:
Does SFO have an actual twitter account?
interesting question...
as far as i am aware, yes we have one, does it still in use... im quite sure the actual staff dont even remember how to log onto it. but i clearly remember that when making the first SFO facebook, they also created a twitter account and probably one other social network account.

now can anybody remember about that account... quite sure not. because they stopped being used long ago. the facebook is one of those thigns that resumed thanks to luvme and blocks support. and its already a miracle that it lived that long without being used.

all that said... i'll talk to the social guys see if they remember that twitter account. it could also be usefull.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
hB

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely need to get that twitter account active, post up some in-game videos and screenshots etc..

Social media is the key, forums aren't very popular anymore

Bump: Basically SFO just needs to get with the times, things are still running the same way they were 13-14 years ago

From clan scene thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
SFO need more player ... That's the problem.

You should delete every Twinner banner => everyone will try to be the first Twinner
Create Big Tournament such as WWT => OldSchool player will be interested in joining.
Make some advertisement => to get new members.

Once you get more activity, you can add a new fresh clan scene.

But all i can see now is people on a forum not playing ingame.
They are not playing and when someone got an idea, they say ... NO

LOL
I agree with the twinner banners etc being removed, I got a twinner banner for helping in an event, and another one for coming 2nd, lol.

Remove colours too, almost everyone has them.

Last edited by hB; 04-04-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #11
Tsunami
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 132
Tsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished roadTsunami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
seriously why do you think we SJ locked out the feature. if it was me, i'd lock it out after 3 not 5 !
Is there really a lock on the number of consecutive super-jumps someone can do in a game?

Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #12
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ Yeah, the lock has a cool down period, then after that period you can super jump again and so on, until it locks itself again lol

My fault HellBlaze, got monts account "~H~Blaze" and yours confused.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #13
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
you've been a noob too at one point and i can't remember the number of times i saw you come in here and say things like "YALL COME AT ME IM DA BEST IN THE UNVERSE" thrash talking exists pal, and it will always exists, even more in PVP games !
Nah i really am the best tho. [i don't really think that people just get bent out of shape when i talk trash... god forbid i beat them cuz imma talk even more... Ask trunkse about that embarrassment]

Quote:
and tell me exactly what you are doing to teach them... saying them how many microseconds they need to hit the keys to perform a move that is clearly written ? fixing host have nothing to do with move lists, but seriously.. teaching people basics is not hard. trying to teach them how to be faster, now that is pretty hard.
Quote:
and thats why i always suggest to people to start playing normal or turbo and then going up to their desired speed. cause yes, going up in speed actually hasten the response time for the combo to register. making things way harder on expert. thats how i learned, thats how many here have learned and there is no shortcuts in learning a game. reguardless of how many of you says otherwise.
see i had to break that ish down into two part for all that nonsense. Okay for one no its not about how many microseconds lol... Everybody has a different lag so that really wouldn't help. But, I can tell them how the game works and what it looks like. These things will help the noob member actually be able to keep up with their opponent and land some damage.

secondly... nobody is going to play normal or turbo.... Its way better if they just start off learning what everybody else is doing.

Quote:
oh you mean those kids "ABUSING" the voluntary lagging glitch that is caused by super jumping ? because thats what it is. or the kids trying to play on school networks with like 30 other people using that same internet speed. or those kids not knowing better then to download huge files while playing video games cause yeah "i got very high connection speed anyway". yeah those kids totally learn about lags. how do i know this... cause really, the first thing a true online gamer must learn is how to not screw his own connection with whatever malware they could dig up.

seriously, i go over 200 to 300 only when there is like 4+ people in my host. and thats still reasonable a connection. but as soon as anyone super jumps like mad, which is what most people do because lets face it, super jumping is the coolest thing you can do in game right. after all, what doesn't it do. it brings you to safety up there, it lags the opponent out and create a blind spot.

also, even though you may think expert is cool... its not, because the extra speed plays badly with FPS in game and thus makes teleporting worse.
true.... However you cant blame that on the players. That's the way they play. Its a play style... just like laser spammers or even in cod theres campers

Quote:
good you helped... again what did you teach him ?
how exactly are you predicting lag while still predicting whats your opponent is doing ?
so basically you taught him how to be totally random and shooting everywhere at once. which is what most players here do. also why super jumping is a good thing, because it makes the game even more random for your opponent.
To tell you the truth i can show you better than i can right it down... Ask holyken. I can literally show you how to gauge where your opponent it on the screen from the little glitch a character does before the move. Granted its harder to do when your playing somebody like LS or Mont

Quote:
again good for you and them...whats your point ?
teaching them isn't enough ? because if thats the point then its even more nowhere !
because the point here was about activity, not how many people you can teach how to play per hours. teaching people do not bring more to the table.
Its a lot more than what your doing. tmc aint getting the new players in the servers.

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life

Last edited by shad0wslayer; 04-04-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #14
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

yeah yeah eayh shadow, continu to brag about how awesome you are...
thing is we dont care.

h-blaze, about the siniks post... thats the thing, we did try everything in that post... none of it hapenned.

Quote:
You should delete every Twinner banner => everyone will try to be the first Twinner
we thought about it for a while... but the fact is... they were champions...
its like saying mike tyson and george foreman, we are stripping you away all that made you famous.
the bragging right is pretty much all they have for. we can't just remove that and say to hell with it. its like saying the super bowl guys, hey give us back all jewels you got because we want them to stay priceless.

the same applies to colors, we thought of removing them a lot...
but we got the same problem... people wouldn't be trying to get them back, they'd be ditching the game because it would be a big **** you to their past efforts.

Quote:
Create Big Tournament such as WWT => OldSchool player will be interested in joining.
WWT happens pretty much every years, its the biggest tournament we have. there was one last year, we tryed... didn'T bring any old players back. we even had people emailing old frinds to see if they wanted to play. their answer if they did answer cause half of them didn't even answer at all. their answer was.. "is there a new character or new things, are things more balanced, are things lagless now " thats the kind of answer we got from old players.
the fact is, old players will not come back reguardless of what we do. they did their time, they moved on, forget about them.

Quote:
Make some advertisement => to get new members.
we are, thats why our social team makes facebook ads, throwing some prizes to those passing words of the game. we are on social networks all the time. the problem we have is already explained above. without major update tot eh game. advertisement wont happen on a global scale.

Quote:
Once you get more activity, you can add a new fresh clan scene.
let me tell you one thing about the clan scene... it worked great while it was underground working it. but once it lost its base, clans had to find more. we decided it was time to host them. unfotunately, most of the clan leaders over there hated the offical place cause they thought we were just too strict and most of them left. leaving us with a half baked clan scene.

thats the thing, clans have always worked better in other places, cause people could do whatever they wanted. there was spamming, there was a-holes basically anarchy was what clans were all about.

we're trying to bring clans a lot of things, including true in-game clan rankings thru creeds and the likes.
but to be honest clans have never been much in this game.

the other thing not playing in our favor, is the number of people wanting very specific games like unvind at all cost. we can't remove players prefferences, but its not working either. players cry when they join a game that is not their own type. and thats not better then anything else.

Quote:
But all i can see now is people on a forum not playing ingame.
They are not playing
thats because those people moved on !
TMyApp says that only 10% of the player base is on the forum. now think about it...
400 clicks per day is what we still get fromt heir logs... so yeah we have people playing this game on a daily basis. but not all of them are onthe same timezone as you. thats why hes not seeing much people in the servers. but we do have a player base.

Quote:

and when someone got an idea, they say ... NO
and us saying yes to all ideas would make it better even though we can't do anything to get them in-game ?

people have to think their ideas thru. because when they throw out an idea, most of the time it is just because they want another feature in-game. something we "CANNOT" do without TMyApp and TMyApp is the sole guy creating this game and hes in a position where he should of left the game already. we cannot go beyond this system. it is how it is.

if people want to ask ideas that can be implemented... then yes we will be making it.
aside fromt hat, any new features in-game is just an impossibility.

but we did listen..
i brought the danger room, something people asked a lot back in the day.
we brought survival mode, something people wanted to. though its not entirely as it should be.
we brought time attack mode, something we thought impossible util the advent of TMC.

so yes, when we do get the power to do things, we do things.
people have to stop thinking we say no just because we can. thats not true... when we say no, its because we thought about it. we evaluated what could and couldn't be done. and then we came to the conclusion that in the actual game, it can't be done !
Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #15
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 840
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

Hey HB, it's nice to see you wanna get the game more active. Theres really only one way, when you do see new people in the servers you needa train them and lead them to the forum and also have events for them to play in which they can win etc...etc..but most importantly train them to be good. Ive done it and it worked I also pitched alot of ideas around some happened some didnt which is why i gave up on my efforts, honestly bro really no point in talking and trying to help you wont ever get full support and I promise you on that, people can reply negatively to my post and say I just didnt get what I wanted, but thats not it at all. I only wanted to help the game and the sad truth of this game is there isnt no help unless you had TMy around, the people that are taking his place arent doing a good job and thats just the facts.

So throw your ideas around all you wish, I thought of them too..and thought they'd work but your just the small guy and yeah..

Last edited by -AlphaRiku-; 04-04-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #16
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

Sfo had a great run. I'd rather remember it as a legacy than see it completely collapse.
Its unfair to ask Tmy, Staff and the active players to keep this project going.
The amount of work&effort that is required to bring this game back up to its feet is just too much.
Ofcourse there is seasonal interest involved aswell. But, overall I think its time to let it go.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #17
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

Where are all the Twinner players ? They are all gone and don't give a **** about their Twinner Perks.
Now here, you still got some Old player and they tell you that you should remove our Twinner Perks.

And if you want to avoid people complaining ... Create a Hall of Fame and name every account that got a Twinner perks.
That's like the top score ... Sometimes you reset it and you save and archive that.

Delete every color ingame and let's restart. Did you guyz forgot how you could brag cuz you had color before ?

Let me refresh your memory:

RyusInvasion (Tournament Winner) enters
Ryus - Hey Xtrem Join my Game and look at my Ryu
Me - OMG, how did you get that Gold Ryu Man ?
Ryus - I won a major tournament
Me- OMG, i'll try my best to get it

^
That's how it used to be. and that's the reason people played Sfo ...

SFO doesn't need to change ... SFO need a new Start.
If you do it, start some tournament and you will see how many people will try their best to be the FIRST Twinner since that New beggining ... That winner would be the only one with a color ingame.

The reason that keep players here was the Fact you could brag about winning tournament.

Sfo is dying cuz those not playing or barelly playing don't want to try anything.
Riku tried his best ... Nothing has changed.

As i said earlier, sfo is no more a fighting game. It's all about guyz on a forum talking for nothing.
They post speech but nothing is done for the game.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #18
(RK)Gouken

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about(RK)Gouken has a spectacular aura about
Visit (RK)Gouken's YouTube

Come on SFO! Stay active Bad enough the freaking Rumblefighter game SHUTTING down.......
Keep the fight Alive......
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
Sir Nash

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Just TMyApp's mere presence inspires people to play the game more, DO MORE, even if he's not fully active, as long as people see him.

It's a bit like in a company where the employees never see the Boss. How are people supposed to be motivated, inspired and/or care when no one ever sees the Boss? It will only last for so long until people start asking questions.

I can already hear the echoes from some of you * we can't force him to come online, he's very busy, etc *, that's understandable, but It's been 3 months or so, and that's awhile to at least not make an appearance, because this is odd and now fallen into a pattern. Hopefully it's not a similar/another crisis as before

But to SSJKarma's point about the game's engine: it's so behind the times that it's not even funny. Micromedia/Adobe Director 8.5, an old technology from 2001 is what the game runs on in 2014... think about that for a bit. SFO 2.0 will have to be something new from scratch in a brand new engine. Perhaps it's what TMyApp is working on? One can only hope.

So adding new features to the current engine or removing colors, Twinner banners, etc is NOT the solution (~SiNiK~), which makes me wonder why we even had that Dec 14th update. We need a new engine and new things added to the new engine, not the continuation of adding on to an old engine that is over a decade old and no longer supported.

Last edited by Sir Nash; 04-04-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

so sinik, what you are saying is that any players beyond 2010 which are still playing here today never got any TWinner ?

are you saying that any players still playing that have twinner status now wont care ?
the top score is very different from any other status we give out.

but hey... let's try this... let's restart the game from 0.1
and each years pull out a new version number until we reach back this one, maybe all the old SFO players will be back in brute force and we'll get thousands and thousands of new users comin in. after all thats what people want, to start back from the very beginning each times.

sinik, are you for real ?
the last thing people want, is to start back from scratch.

sir nash, i can't say anything about what SFO 2.0 will be all about. all TMyApp said was "if we're still there and things gets better for me... i'll show you what i had in mind for SFO 2.0" and to me that alone tells us what hes gonna do.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #21
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
so sinik, what you are saying is that any players beyond 2010 which are still playing here today never got any TWinner ?

are you saying that any players still playing that have twinner status now wont care ?
the top score is very different from any other status we give out.

but hey... let's try this... let's restart the game from 0.1
and each years pull out a new version number until we reach back this one, maybe all the old SFO players will be back in brute force and we'll get thousands and thousands of new users comin in. after all thats what people want, to start back from the very beginning each times.

sinik, are you for real ?
the last thing people want, is to start back from scratch.
Are you kidding me ?

I said most of the Twinner still playing now don't care about their Twinner perks.
If you delete our perks, all of us will be interested to get it again.
Witch mean: We will join tournament and play sfo. => Increase activity

and for real Karma: You don't even play ingame. You are one of those guy just standing on the forum.
You shouldn't have a point of view on how sfo should be ingame.
WE people still playing sfo ingame think this game need to change. But YOU people that never play ingame keep moking us each time we got an idea (even if MOST OF US PEOPLE PLAYING SFO are ok with it)

I understand Riku. He tried, he finally left.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #22
hB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fully in agreement with Sinik, no one cares about the Twinner banners anymore.

70% of the people that got them don't even play and more and probably never will again. As I said in my first post, SFO needs to concentrate on the new generation to bring this game back alive, not the old vets who are all probably reaching there 30s now. I'm not even an old vet and I'm 23 this year going on 25.

You can start by removing my Twinner banner on my HellBlitz account, I really don't mind.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #23
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

Listen, I understand, we all have ideas that we think may be able to save SFO.

Trust and believe us, Staff members are always watching and discussing what will work and what won't.

The whole Idea about resetting colors and twinners, the fact is.... ONLY TMYAPP DO THAT!

so even if we was to agree with that idea, we would still have to wait.

A lot of good ideas have come and gone those that weren't implemented was simply because
1.) They wouldn't work
or
2.) We need tmyapp for it!

Now onto activity.

Yes we need more players to reach our glory days but it takes more than just staff to do this. By me saying this I mean, we need the players as well....I sat in the servers for weeks monitoring and seeing, yes people were in servers but as soon as new accounts login, and enter the server they leave for 2 reasons....

1.) No One can host

or

2.) People can host but they rather chat it up in game and as soon as someone ask to host they get a negative or smart remark.

it takes a community to better itself not just one group.

Now as for my last statement.....the "Negativity"

It's not needed at all so just stop it, or I will start deleting it on site.
We understand you may have tried truth is we all tried some more than you, just because you think you were overlooked, you wasn't.

I was just like you making countless threads trying but some things can and can't be done, you just have to find a work around for it. Simple as that.

I have a lot of new things coming to in-game soon, but I can't act on it as of now because.....simply I have to wait just like everybody else.

It was hard for me to get it through my head at first, but now I'm starting to see how things function.

So just know we hear everyone, we take into account everything (if feasible)

All we can do for right now, is Promote(facebook) and play the game(SFO) help new members(Everyone) and try to get along( No more trash talking) oh and last thing....NO MORE NEGATIVITY!

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

Old 04-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #24
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Mark my words

Tmy working on a whole new SFO from scratch, we will soon all play that one and lee this one behind.

It will be amazing, fresh and smooth. The only set back is you will lose everything connected to your account and we will only have 3 characters to play with at first.

It will include controller support
Video recording along with exporting.
Will be download version only, no more online link.
New colors and the ability to implement moving stages
A stage selector preview, more game modes
Better chat server and security (since the engine will be updated)
Built in GV support, game cannot run without GV 2.0
Unvndi will be renamed to classic mode. With an option in the options to check it on or off

Better effects, less lag and TMC 2.0 which will allow us to have more resources to create better story's and better options. Such as movies, checkpoints, pause button, difficulty selection, etc.

Game will run on the Unity engine.

Will have Facebook/twitter/YouTube/twitch integration and in-game profiles and friends list and achievements.

Will be a new toasty of ssj karma saying hadoken

Old 04-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #25
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1657
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

^ this is Lux living in fantasy land...

remember kids... don't do crack