SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BETA TESTING] SolidSnake76 circa 2002 SolidSnake76 Challenges and Tournaments 9 02-17-2014 03:46 AM
RyuTheSick Story time HighTopDragon RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 04-30-2009 12:35 PM
RyutheSick Story time HighTopDragon RaNdOm iNsAnItY 3 04-22-2009 02:15 PM
Story Time! feross RaNdOm iNsAnItY 10 10-29-2007 01:30 PM
Story time Air~jordan RaNdOm iNsAnItY 0 12-08-2006 09:35 PM

Old 01-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
asshole

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default 2002/03 Story Time

Looking at the Hall of Fame thread just reminded me of a story.

Back in early days, around maybe 2002-2003, Zing79 was a feared man. And back then, TMyApp was even more active. He would pop in every once in a while and beat everybody. Although, he sucked a lot too but for whatever reason, every time an update came out, he was in beast mode.

So anyway, an update have just come out. It was the load awaited "Tag Team" feature. TMy was testing it. Everyone was eager to fight him. And he would just join every match available. It was like a luck of the draw to fight him.

Luckily, Zing79 was hosting a game. TMy, Tidus2k2 and myself joined. So it was a 2 on 2.
Zing and TMy vs. Tidus and me.

It took everything we had, being strategic, switching back and forth to heal and, somehow, miraculously, Tidus2k2 and I won. We were amazed. TMy had fun. He had so much fun that he said "Re-match? I bet you won't beat us again. If you do, I'll give you something. Maybe like a special banner or something."

Well I think I almost crapped my pants I was so excited.

So there we were again. Facing these 2 giants. For sure thinking we're gonna lose because you don't get lucky twice. Trying the same methods we did before. And I don't know HOW we did it but me and Tidus2k2 did it again. We had won!

So uh.. TMy.. I'm still waiting for that banner. I understand you're busy so I can see how you can be delayed. But yeah.. still waiting. ;]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:26 AM   #2
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: 2002/03 Story Time

screen or it didnt happen lolz jk
seriously, i can attest tmy's high activity
back then, he has time to comment or even send PMs for all newbies' game concerns, including me

back then, it was 2000warrior who first roared me for randomly embedding a wolverine gif on my post, back then i was testing the 'IMG' bbcoding and how it works
i was demoralized at first, but soon i learned how you utilize an internet forum and the rest was history...

Last edited by bloodpack; 01-22-2016 at 07:30 AM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

My favorite TMy moment was TMy and myself vs. Nferno666 and Blanka09.

Yes. This really happened.

I believe it was 03. Cyclops season.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6400
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

I remember those days. I was good in those days lol
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

You were still good in 2011.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

I remember when being Ranked #1 in the leaderboard put a target on your back..

When you were number 1... You weren't allowed to get off SFO because there would always be someone who was trying to asurp the throne. So a 1 hour game session would become 5 hours... to 10 hours.. to 24/7 since everyone was seemingly always on.. You'd have to challenge everyone who played in North America.. and eventually, players in Europe would begin to get on.. so now you had to stay and make sure you keep up with those guys.. The middle-eastern players would get on with their excessive lag, but you had to compensate.. and it felt like the game never ended.

When you finally decided to sleep, you'd find SOMEONE on top, which now shifts the target on their back, ad nauseum.

I was addicted to SFO, like many others. I would get so aggressively angry when my mom would forcefully take me off the computer. She didn't like what she saw one day and cut the internet from the home LOL.

I lived in the dark ages for at least 6 months before I was reconnected.

Despite never winning a tournament (totally could've if Turbo wasn't replaced by resource-hogging Expert), I think my versatility to use every character at a high level (outside of Iron Man) is a testiment to my inability to stop playing this game.. I went hard for at least a decade before I finally put it down.

Different times. Different eras.. People coming and going. My transition from an addict to a person who just enjoyed the community is probably the only reason I've stayed this long. This community is the greatest community I've been apart of. I've shunned real life friends for my SFO friends, and I considered myself a socialable dude growing up lol.

If I would point to a favourite story from that era.. It would be Nferno catching this work against my Ryu on Turbo and invalidating my existence shortly afterward. Should've taken a pic :{

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

the good old days of yore...

tmyapp gave me two great things back then...
- sentinel
- great tag matches. we were owning.
- tag team mode.
did i say 2, i meant three XD thats how awesome he was back then.

but my all time favorite moment was me versus TarkanX.
at the time he was the undefeated champion. fighting him was an honor. but he gave me the dream match of any all star that he was could give a noob like me. it was ryu vs ryu back then... i sucked badly but wanted to improove and to do that i needed to fight the best. so i jumped in the chat. saw tarkanX which was number 1 from what everyone said... asked him for a fight.

he said yes, i told myself, alright, im so gonna get my ass handed to me in like 3 seconds.
i was used to playing people who would hadoken spam their ways and back then there was no other ways with lag and all. but i was in for the ride of my life... a true fight between warriors, not that i was strong or anything, but because tarkan knew i was a noob. he didn't go easy on me yet made sure the fight would last. gave me the best fight ever. no hadoukens, purely us both fighting in the middle of the screen, punches and kicks, specials once in a while. then supers trying to overpower the other.

tarkan had just showed me that the game can be anything else then a spam of hadoukens due to lag. during that game... that sole match, it was like lag had completely disappeared. we both knew where we were, we both knew that fighting int he middle was dangerous... we both didn't care. the first round held for 30 seconds. the next one would for 45 seconds. i lost both rounds... but it was the best minute and 15 seconds of my life in SFO.

thats the very moment that got me hooked into the game and pushed me into fighting my own way, without spamming projectiles, reguardless of what happens.

i must say my top 10 is hard to do, so many great moments...
but my top 3 is quite easy... it resumes itself in events...
#1 - tarkan and me.
#2 - night of the sentinel tournament (finished second in the only tournament i ever got higher then 1st round)
#3 any tag matches with tmyapp as my partner. except the last 3, i completely blew them off and left tmyapp alone against 2 opponents... sorry buddy, guess i was off my game that day.

oh the memories...
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:09 PM   #8
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [VIP]Killer View Post
I remember when being Ranked #1 in the leaderboard put a target on your back..

When you were number 1... You weren't allowed to get off SFO because there would always be someone who was trying to asurp the throne. So a 1 hour game session would become 5 hours... to 10 hours.. to 24/7 since everyone was seemingly always on.. You'd have to challenge everyone who played in North America.. and eventually, players in Europe would begin to get on.. so now you had to stay and make sure you keep up with those guys.. The middle-eastern players would get on with their excessive lag, but you had to compensate.. and it felt like the game never ended.

When you finally decided to sleep, you'd find SOMEONE on top, which now shifts the target on their back, ad nauseum.

I was addicted to SFO, like many others. I would get so aggressively angry when my mom would forcefully take me off the computer. She didn't like what she saw one day and cut the internet from the home LOL.

I lived in the dark ages for at least 6 months before I was reconnected.

Despite never winning a tournament (totally could've if Turbo wasn't replaced by resource-hogging Expert), I think my versatility to use every character at a high level (outside of Iron Man) is a testiment to my inability to stop playing this game.. I went hard for at least a decade before I finally put it down.

Different times. Different eras.. People coming and going. My transition from an addict to a person who just enjoyed the community is probably the only reason I've stayed this long. This community is the greatest community I've been apart of. I've shunned real life friends for my SFO friends, and I considered myself a socialable dude growing up lol.

If I would point to a favourite story from that era.. It would be Nferno catching this work against my Ryu on Turbo and invalidating my existence shortly afterward. Should've taken a pic :{
You ain't the only one who's never won a tournament, lol. Best I've ever been is 2nd place in the 'NPT 06' tournament. =[

Also, it's worth mentioning that the rest of your post has summed up my SFO time to the T as well. Well written.

=[
Old 01-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #9
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post

- sentinel
- tag team mode.

at the time he was the undefeated champion. fighting him was an honor.
Lol I remember these days. I ALWAYS lost to him.
I rematched him so many times that he decided to start training me, lol.
No lie, at the time, it felt like one of those Chinese karate movies where the master was training his protege. I felt so good.

Man, can I at least have my SFO experience back even if I can't have my childhood back? Lol.

=[
Old 01-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #10
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a lot of people from back when.

I met Lady Red and Liger like between Dec. 01 and Feb. 02 as INUYASHA-15. Also Cloud99, who was my friend for a minute and became a ****head later. Wheeee!

Met Limbei in 02... Yeshua Hamashia under his old acc (we started tagging again in 04)...

Who else remembers PPG_Blossom (<3), Maori Legend (<3), Acewing, RC, King Yugi, DJWiggins, ken-po (<3), Blueseyes (<3), Milestails (<3), Sephiroth... there are sooo many more what been forgotten and lost.

Last edited by Wolfeh; 01-22-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:22 AM   #11
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post

- sentinel
- tag team mode.

at the time he was the undefeated champion. fighting him was an honor.
Lol I remember these days. I ALWAYS lost to him.
I rematched him so many times that he decided to start training me, lol.
No lie, at the time, it felt like one of those Chinese karate movies where the master was training his protege. I felt so good.

Man, can I at least have my SFO experience back even if I can't have my childhood back? Lol.
Tarkan was virtually untouchable at points. You'd think you'd catch him but he'd always be a step ahead. The way he read lag back then was unreal. Nferno was equally as good at reading lag. As wasa few others.

No one gives Blanka enough credit either. When he was serious, he was hard to take down. That tag team with him and nferno use to just wreck everyone.

Since we're on the topic of those who trained us, I remember when DA_VIPA started training my Ryu. Prior to his involvement, I was a spammer lol. Gave me a lot of pointers growing up. Wolf and liquid taught me wolverine. Playing ak47hardhitter enough gave me all the pointers I needed for bison.

Every other character was self taught. Some better than others. Sentinel is still my best. One day, when I get a computer, I might play again. Then again, my next computer might end up being a surface. Lol

She's Coming...

Old 01-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #12
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 765
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

^ Your sentinel is alright

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #13
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

GASP!

Many of you may not know this, but I recently discovered something crazy!

Remember back in XvsSF there were crazy server names?

ooscanooo was actually a person!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #14
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

I was smackdown from when I came a mod until it died

So I was kicking ppl for giggles. Once I banned the spacebar. If you used the spacebar, you got kicked. Lol

She's Coming...

Old 01-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #15
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

And people called MOI a tyrant.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:52 PM   #16
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i did more then that one day... i had enough of the chat room sex talk so i auto-kicked everyone who say anything. really whatever you'd type or just hit enter, you'd be auto-kicked.

somehow after a few minutes after i decided to remove it... the sex talkers were all gone.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:44 PM   #17
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

You're a total tyrant.

You had ppl completely hate you. Lol. I was just ****s and giggles. I'm loved. Loooooookatme

LOOOKATME

She's Coming...

Old 01-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #18
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post

lol, the optic blast season
speaking of cyclops, i remember joining my 50th WWT weekly tourney hosted by KKS
i fought kayura, i believe hes with the chaos core
i optic blasted/optic swept him to kingdom come
he went back to the forum, bickering ensued, lolz i was such a noob but i won

then dark-link posted his win, he accused me of fighting him but ive never faced him in that tourney, we traded barbs then i went on a noobish tirade then the next day he admitted for mistakenly identifying me as the wrong person

if that happened now, it wouldve been an instant ban for me but KKS took my side

does anyone knows the old link for the archived ikonboard forum?
Old 01-25-2016, 06:20 AM   #19
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post

lol, the optic blast season
speaking of cyclops, i remember joining my 50th WWT weekly tourney hosted by KKS
i fought kayura, i believe hes with the chaos core
i optic blasted/optic swept him to kingdom come
he went back to the forum, bickering ensued, lolz i was such a noob but i won

then dark-link posted his win, he accused me of fighting him but ive never faced him in that tourney, we traded barbs then i went on a noobish tirade then the next day he admitted for mistakenly identifying me as the wrong person

if that happened now, it wouldve been an instant ban for me but KKS took my side

I don't but I think it was like:
http://bbs.ikonboard.xvssf.com

or something like that. Maybe we can all put our minds together.

=[
Old 01-25-2016, 07:00 AM   #20
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
I don't but I think it was like:
http://bbs.ikonboard.xvssf.com

or something like that. Maybe we can all put our minds together.
i think the site is under nferno's name, not exactly sure the whole link

i also remember when the site was shut down the first time
everyone migrated to the old vgm fusion site lolz
Old 01-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #21
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

The backup server died.

I can't find any archived material....
Old 01-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #22
Killer
SFO Admin

Post Thanks / Like

try webarchive

She's Coming...

Old 01-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #23
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

one of the most shocking moments I encountered in the world of SFO was: seeing and meeting TMyApp (in-game) for the very 1st time. I had no clue what to do so I felt so much hate back then.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #24
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runney View Post
one of the most shocking moments I encountered in the world of SFO was: seeing and meeting TMyApp (in-game) for the very 1st time. I had no clue what to do so I felt so much hate back then.
Elaborate immediately.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #25
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1657
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl

is this the one you want ???

for those wanting some "real" SFO history - read here - http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/i...=ST;f=6;t=3488