SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BETA TESTING] SolidSnake76 circa 2002 SolidSnake76 Challenges and Tournaments 9 02-17-2014 03:46 AM
RyuTheSick Story time HighTopDragon RaNdOm iNsAnItY 5 04-30-2009 12:35 PM
RyutheSick Story time HighTopDragon RaNdOm iNsAnItY 3 04-22-2009 02:15 PM
Story Time! feross RaNdOm iNsAnItY 10 10-29-2007 01:30 PM
Story time Air~jordan RaNdOm iNsAnItY 0 12-08-2006 09:35 PM

Old 01-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #26
Wolfeh
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: 2002/03 Story Time

OMFG I LOVE YOU!
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:36 AM   #27
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
does anyone knows the old link for the archived ikonboard forum?
http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl

is this the one you want ???

for those wanting some "real" SFO history - read here - http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/i...=ST;f=6;t=3488
thank you
i think the above link should be pinned in the Links section of the forum for future reference should the need arise

Bump: this always makes me laugh lolz

http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=4;t=747;hl=psycho

the entire majin lords (my first and only clan) vs psycho
he was kinda a bunmi reincarnate, but last time i heard, hes matured
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #28
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:

for those wanting some "real" SFO history - read here - http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/i...=ST;f=6;t=3488
Damn, brings back awful lot of memories.

I miss this fkn place man! I miss my naive youth. I miss the days I thought I knew everything but didn't know squat, lol.

I miss the days I thought it was cool and important to write EVERY "p" in a upper case. Lol.

Edit:
Lolol. How about this "idea" I had when Marvel told TMy to take down the website in '03.
Quote:
Hey, well I remember you saying you got Permission from CAPCOM before, didn't ya?
Well if CaPcom still allows you to make the site, then why don't you forget the whole X-MeN idea and just make a Street Fighter site?
Or.. get Permission from like SNK or something and make it "CaPcom vs. SNK" or something?

I mean, X-MeN vs. Street Fighter isn't the ONLY vs. site there is.., right?
Try to make another site, we all know you can, and hey.. we're ALL offering helP, time-wise or otherwise.

So.. Fuxk CycloPs saying about "Dreams don't die" and start a new dream, Edi sounds too tough to deal with!

How about this idea though, gonna take it into consideration?
http://nferno666.sytes.net/cgi-bin/i...568;hl=asshole

=[

Last edited by asshole; 01-26-2016 at 10:47 AM.
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

it was awefull how much me and KKS didn't get along back then...
i guess we were lucky enough to know not to mess with each others.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #30
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runney View Post
one of the most shocking moments I encountered in the world of SFO was: seeing and meeting TMyApp (in-game) for the very 1st time. I had no clue what to do so I felt so much hate back then.
Elaborate immediately.
yessir. I actually meant to say wolfeh was this on the last sentence, "I thought tmyapp hated me when we 1st met back in the day before XvsSF was renamed to SFO". Sorry bro, i shoulda been more clearer before posting that.

My SFO Veteran History

IGNs: avatar-killers, runney, & Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game Moderator of 2017
Modes: Unvind, XvssF, & Zero-E
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:55 AM   #31
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I miss this fkn place man! I miss my naive youth. I miss the days I thought I knew everything but didn't know squat, lol.

I miss the days I thought it was cool and important to write EVERY "p" in a upper case. Lol.

Edit:
Lolol. How about this "idea" I had when Marvel told TMy to take down the website in '03.
Quote:
Hey, well I remember you saying you got Permission from CAPCOM before, didn't ya?
Well if CaPcom still allows you to make the site, then why don't you forget the whole X-MeN idea and just make a Street Fighter site?
Or.. get Permission from like SNK or something and make it "CaPcom vs. SNK" or something?

Try to make another site, we all know you can, and hey.. we're ALL offering helP, time-wise or otherwise.

So.. Fuxk CycloPs saying about "Dreams don't die" and start a new dream, Edi sounds too tough to deal with!

ahhh yes, the dark times
during that time when a representative from marvel company (eli bard) wrote tmyapp demanding to take down the site

tmyapp created a thread for this, ensuing a back and forth debate and heated arguments from the community members and tmyapp
a lot of people got banned, but i can still remember that one particular argument between him and nantuko joe
i speculated the reason why marvel demanded to remove the site was because of the 'donations' that marvel deemed as a source of revenue for the site and tmy

although, it was just a speculation/theory on my end, nantuko joe was quick to agree with me, and as a result tmyapp deleted that particular post of mine and nantuko joe was immediately banned
i thought hes gonna ban me too!
then came february of 2003, the rebirth of the site as SFO and the birth of my moniker...Project X's Lucky Boy

Last edited by bloodpack; 01-27-2016 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #32
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asshole View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Edit:
Quote:

ahhh yes, the dark times
during that time when a representative from marvel company (eli bard) wrote tmyapp demanding to take down the site

tmyapp created a thread for this, ensuing a back and forth debate and heated arguments from the community members and tmyapp
a lot of people got banned, but i can still remember that one particular argument between him and nantuko joe
i speculated the reason why marvel demanded to remove the site was because of the 'donations' that marvel deemed as a source of revenue for the site and tmy

although, it was just a speculation/theory on my end, nantuko joe was quick to agree with me, and as a result tmyapp deleted that particular post of mine and nantuko joe was immediately banned
i thought hes gonna ban me too!
then came february of 2003, the rebirth of the site as SFO and the birth of my moniker...Project X's Lucky Boy
Lol, there was a ton of drama. And it ruined a perfectly good game.

Then we had "hackers", game copy'ers, all the bad sh*t.

I wish a lot of that stuff didn't happen.

I think, in 06, I even made made a cake tribute to the game. Lol.

=[
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #33
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

07 was the worst...

All the bannings...

Le sigh.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:23 PM   #34
Noobkiller

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough

I remember playing Windows2000 and his spamming cyclops back in the oldern days where cyc was allowed to stay in the air indefinitely. He was rank 1 for weeks straight. I was fairly new to the game then, but I was persistent in becoming the best. I played him perhaps 30 games straight and lost all 30. I tried everything in the book and nothing was working. After some more frustrating rematches, I finally tried playing fire with fire and with some luck won the cyc vs cyc. To this day, fights against that guy is perhaps the most annoying.

After 2-3 hours of straight smashing at the keyboard, my fingers were falling off. After coming to the main screen, I see this weird glitched sign that says "power within". At that point I was pretty hyped up believing I unlocked a mysterious new option which only I had access to. Since then, I have rarely seen that sign. Not sure if it was a work in progress addition to this game that never happened or not, but for a young 11 year old, that day was something else.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #35
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

^ This is actually spam, but I love your tag.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #36
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Marvel didn't stop the game because of donations...
Marvel explained themselves a few weeks later, because the public wanted to know the motivation behind the major closing of the 3 major marvel sites around the net at the time. we were part of the major 3.

the other one was a quake 3 arena modification that transformed the whole game into marvel slugfest. we had incredible 3D renderings of the marvel characters. the third one was a fanbase page where people would create videos and images of the marvel universe, it was all a fandom created in honor of marvel.

now why did we all get shut down...
you have to thank the stupid ****s who decided to sell tons and tons of spiderman **** off the back of marvel. when spiderman came out in the summer of 2002, there was a craze of stuff going on. much of it was illegal copyright infrigment selling on the net. marvel lost millions and millions in sales because of stupid ****s who decided to get rich doing incredibly illegal ****.

because of that, they enlisted someone (eli bard) to close down all marvel websites he could find on th enet and close down the **** out of them. to make an exemple... the exemple was as follow... we let you do those fandom things, we let you publicly announce your affiliation to marvel thru your fanmade stuff. but when you **** with our cash, heres what happens in retaliation !

and boom they closed down all 3 major marvel websites. along with tons of sellers on the net who sold marvel stuff. and that was it. this is also why marvel never came back at us. they dont care for the little games, or the little drawings people do. they dont care if we advetise their stuff. what they do care about is the money we make off their stuff. and that we are not doing.

most of the people had it against eli bard for shutting us down, but in the end he was paid to do that. it wasn'T him who was the problem. it was the stupid ****s who wanted to become rich selling fake stuff of marvel back in the summer of 2002.

as for the power within thing...
it wasn'T a work in prgress, it was a work that didn't work out.
we had a radio like button once a while ago. we could add mp3 to our SFO. but since it was inside sfo, we only had a music from tmyapps friend, that music was called power within. it was an awesome song to be honest. we were supposed to get many many more, but alas it ended up not working and instead of losing more time on a feature that didn't work out. tmyapp decided to remove it.

now bringing up a bug into the game, we could often see the remnants of that feature and eventually became known as the power within bug ! which was just the remnants of a feature i did love back then.

just for the record... here are bugs that were never solved and became features !

- turbo mode
found by nferno666, by typing the command /turbo 1 in chat you could make your game twice as fast from normal mode. it was the same as clicking the expert mode. but somehow typing it twice actually made the game go even more turbo. going from expert to twice that speed. thus was born turbo mode.

- Brawl mode
Once upon a time, there was a bug that hapenned. people thought it was tmyapp playing wround a new mode, but alas it was just a bug. a bug where tagging people would stay and fight on screen instead of leaving like they should. that hapenned so often that everytimes a person would tag it would happen. making the game all brawl and no real tag. event ually tmyapp tracked the bug down, but since everyone loved brawl mode and had been asking for it for a while. tmyapp decided to leave an on/off switch to that bug. thus was born brawl mode.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 01-27-2016 at 01:46 PM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #37
marvel911
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
marvel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't remember any of that.

On a serious note I wish I had played the actual SFO game more often, but my computer was a laggy mess.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:18 AM   #38
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel911 View Post
I don't remember any of that.

On a serious note I wish I had played the actual SFO game more often, but my computer was a laggy mess.
how could you not remember?
youre one of the regular guys at the ikonboard
and oh, nice to see you again!

Bump: is hairyarse really @xfaderx ? or theyre different individuals?

Last edited by bloodpack; 01-28-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:26 PM   #39
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1656
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
the one and the same... hence why this account got merged with Hairy's as I didn't make this one till about 2007/08 when I became forum-active again, and didn't want to have the Hairy name
Old 01-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #40
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
the one and the same... hence why this account got merged with Hairy's as I didn't make this one till about 2007/08 when I became forum-active again, and didn't want to have the Hairy name
Maybe I should change mine too?? Lol.

And now it makes sense why I don't remember you lol. I do remember hairyarse.

=[
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #41
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
thanks for clearing that up
i was wondering, that username should also be inducted in the HOF