SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kung Fu Killer Official Trailer DwAyN3 Links 1 06-20-2015 02:07 PM
X-Men : Days Of Future Past (official trailer) xfaderx General 36 10-31-2013 07:50 PM
Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer! xfaderx Links 66 05-03-2013 11:11 PM
amateur ruins a century old artwork SolidSnake76 General 7 08-28-2012 09:36 PM
Official Rambo Four Teaser Trailer TitaniumFist Links 13 05-25-2007 01:53 PM

Old 03-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
YoureGonnaLuvMe

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough
Default X-Men: Apocalypse | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
APPLES33D

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 247
APPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enoughAPPLES33D will become famous soon enough
Visit APPLES33D's YouTube
Default Re: X-Men: Apocalypse | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

hype!
APPLES33D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:06 AM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

ca l'air pas mal mieux que tout les autres... je trouve ca juste dommages que Fox font ca trop tard... pour moi j'ai juste hate qui redonne les droit a marvel ou que disney se tannent d'attendre...

mais bon chu fan de super hero faq je va voir poche ou pas.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #4
!(zig-thefist)!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
!(zig-thefist)! is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit !(zig-thefist)!'s Facebook
Default x men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
ca l'air pas mal mieux que tout les autres... je trouve ca juste dommages que Fox font ca trop tard... pour moi j'ai juste hate qui redonne les droit a marvel ou que disney se tannent d'attendre...

mais bon chu fan de super hero faq je va voir poche ou pas.

1) i think this gonna suck,
it all ovehype for me

2)ssjkarma :avec un francais comme sa tu dois surement etre quebecois right?

!(zig-thefist)! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

yeah, but seriously i hadn't realised... i was commenting so much in french on my facebook that i just typed french all the way... but with a translation like yours... i think your french needs lot of works !

i actually said...

"It doe look much better then all the others... i just find it bad, that FOX make it so late... For me, i can't wait for them to transfe back the rights to Marvel or disney to have enough of waiting."

and then i said...

"But i'm a fan of the super hero, so i'll still go watch it for the sake of it."
Old 03-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #6
!(zig-thefist)!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
!(zig-thefist)! is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit !(zig-thefist)!'s Facebook

eh karma dont take it personnal mate:
i live in quebec precisely montreal.
so what i m trying o say is that: the wy you wrote sound like the way we speak in montreal quebec
maybe s=you from there too.
nothings harmfull in that (surtout ton : je va. c es surtout au quebec on parle comme sa

!(zig-thefist)! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #7
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1648
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I didn't mind the Bryan Singer X-Men movies, so I'll definitely be checking this one out.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 AM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

what i didn't like was him down grading the characters a lot just to fit them in a batman'esque edgy movie ! everyone jumped on that bandwagon. i know xmen came out before, but singer was always like that his movies were all edgy already and all. but really downgrading the characters and making them do basic stuff instead of what we're used to see from them. i think even the actors after reading their chars probably wanted out because it wasn't what they thought it would be.

xmen 3 is hated by the masses, but there is one thing even singer said about it...
when it came to characters it was trying much more then he ever was and thats why first class changed back to a xmen 3 style more then the original 2. to me xmen 3 is the better movie simply because it tryed to be xmen much more then the original two which were trying to be much more live movies then comics. this is why i love this trailer more then any others. this one seems to be pushed out to look like true xmen to me.

the story was great for all the others and all... but the characters just weren't there at all.
thats what pushed me aside those fox movies.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:32 AM   #9
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

X-Men 3 wasn't done by singer its probably why you liked it better Karma. Its also why he came back and erased his original timeline because of what happened in the 3rd X-Men movie. I haven't liked any of the xmen movies and can only stand The Wolverine a little bit. Its not the fact hes degrading the characters hes completely changing certain characters origins just to fit his film he could care less about the comics.

He doesn't think the costumes in the comics would fit the movies and has been strongly against them since day one saying "People running around in spandex would look stupid". Then don't make them out of spandex end of problem. The generic black outfits were generic and done simply because of the matrix which came out a year before that and started the whole leather trend. Funny enough hes now starting to have people wear their proper costumes....

Hes also stated he never understood why people liked Deadpool and that was the reason for the change in Origins because he felt the character was too stupid for anyone to understand. Fast forward to 2016 and Deadpool is one of the most successful comic book movies and in fact Fox's most successful comic book movie. Singer even after all that says "don't expect a character like that in my movies any time soon".

He constantly states what a fan of the comics he is yet in no way has done anything to actually mirror that. Days of Future Past was about the closest hes done to actually mirroring them and its the most loved X-Men movie now. I think singer has killed the X-Men franchise since day 1 and we need either Marvel/Disney to get the rights back to give us the X-Men we love or for Singer to no longer be involved.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #10
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
X-Men 3 wasn't done by singer its probably why you liked it better Karma. Its also why he came back and erased his original timeline because of what happened in the 3rd X-Men movie. I haven't liked any of the xmen movies and can only stand The Wolverine a little bit. Its not the fact hes degrading the characters hes completely changing certain characters origins just to fit his film he could care less about the comics.

He doesn't think the costumes in the comics would fit the movies and has been strongly against them since day one saying "People running around in spandex would look stupid". Then don't make them out of spandex end of problem. The generic black outfits were generic and done simply because of the matrix which came out a year before that and started the whole leather trend. Funny enough hes now starting to have people wear their proper costumes....

Hes also stated he never understood why people liked Deadpool and that was the reason for the change in Origins because he felt the character was too stupid for anyone to understand. Fast forward to 2016 and Deadpool is one of the most successful comic book movies and in fact Fox's most successful comic book movie. Singer even after all that says "don't expect a character like that in my movies any time soon".

He constantly states what a fan of the comics he is yet in no way has done anything to actually mirror that. Days of Future Past was about the closest hes done to actually mirroring them and its the most loved X-Men movie now. I think singer has killed the X-Men franchise since day 1 and we need either Marvel/Disney to get the rights back to give us the X-Men we love or for Singer to no longer be involved.
Singer's dumb. He should make movies that people want, not just what he wants. Just like a chef should cook food that others will eat and enjoy, not just food that he eats, otherwise the restaurant would close.

Never liked JLaw as Mystique
Old 03-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is not just about singer, my friend loves the xmen movies because he loves singer. the problem is that there is a market for those "edgy" movies. and as long as there will be, those kind of people will do this. the other problem comes fromt he fact that apparently anyone doing movies just want to do their own twist. my friend is an actor, he loves the xmen movies, the first two that is. mainly because its singers own twist and as an actor he hopes to become a director one day. everytimes we did things and as we were young we liked to roleplay our favorite characters. but he... all the time changed the origins changed the charcaters, in the end i didn'T even recognise the character and to him it was normal to do that because you just dont want to be mimicking others work. to him apparently the cinema is all about creating your own version of things.

basically he thinks its always improoving to make your own version of things and thats what he does. i know singer didn't do the third xmen movie. i love the third movie for it being closer to the characters i know. but still... the guy who did it killed it as well by doing the very thing singer did. he changed characters around and made the suck.

i always told people.. if you do something thats existing at least dont change the heart of things.
look at spiderman from sam raimi... thats fan for the fan ! you could still nitpick as much as you want, but you couldn'T say the heart wasn't there. it was spiderman !

when i saw the apocalypse at the end of days of future past i was like, oh my god no, just no... and to my glee my friend was the same. and he didn't even knew the character. when he asked me to show him pictures and tell him about it. he was like, what the hell... i really hope singer doesn't screw it up. and at this point i laughed.

but seeing these videos... either fox told him to go comic book way more. or fox finally understood that that they were badly making movies. which by the way.. FOX has been trolling marvel for years now. maybe not at first, but ever since disney has bought them. i think with what hapenned to sony, fox just got the message that when disney will have enough, they will be next and i think fox fears to lose the rights. hence why they are desperately making movies and have ****ed up F4. i really hope the best for this movie mainly because i really really love apocalypse as a villain. he's just the right mix between lex luthor and a true monster of legends.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #12
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1648
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
Never liked JLaw as Mystique
me either. It was like they threw her in that role simply because she was the 'it' girl to use in a film to make it successful.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:24 PM   #13
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

The thing with that is you are creating your own vision when you take a piece of literature and produce to onto the screen. You're putting what you see in your own imagination even if you follow it to a tee. Its still your own work and a lot of people fail to realize that even though your basing it off someone else's work its still your own vision of that persons work.

That's been the main problem when it comes to drastically changing things it doesn't show vision when you strip a character down near unrecognizable it only shows that you didn't care enough for the character or the work. So why go out and create something based off someone else's work why not just go out and do your own thing if that's what you wanted to do in the first place.

That's why I do not like Uwe Boll movies because his work is in no way related to any of the material he's based it off. Hes even come out and said he didn't like what he read about and ignored it to make it better. Which we all know is not true at all.

Does this means all changes are bad? no it doesn't there have been countless changes to Game of Thrones but I still love the hell out of that show. None of the changes were so drastic that it completely changed what I thought of the show or its books. There have been drastic changes that I cannot spoil but when you think about how it went down it really doesn't alter the plots path in any way.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:05 AM   #14
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger, i cannot agree more...
but... we've seen it all.. reguardless of what you do or write. in the end everyone will compare it to something else that resembles it and in the end there is nothing new that can be created. when a movie new actually comes in. people usually dismiss it or find an alternative to it. so in the end its always a recreation reguardless.

as for uwe boll... it goes way further... he strickly said he was "voluntarily" destroying franchises for the sake of it and then said if you have a problem with me, come tell it to me in my face and get punched. i dont care. and he even literally made money out of boxing rings to let people destroy his face. hes all about cash in germany and abuses the system voluntarily to make more cash. i really dont like the guy either... but i have to give in to his commitment and sucess in screwing the economy to be rich. that he succeeded a lot.

a lot of movies people hated, but i iked were movies i often just sitted back and relax. the other problem is that while you say making things out of your vision is true,. it is also true for the viewer who has no idea what the guy who made the movie had in mind. all they have are their own vision of how things should be and when they seee something else. they cry over it saying their own visions would of been better...

i could name so many things in so many movies...
my own vision included, if it was me no super hero would ever die. no characters in any of the movies would die. because its so awkward to have a hero die by the end of the movie. i mean the hero saves the dead right ? but im not stupid... not everybody are heroes. and not every heroes finds the best route to something.

thing is... my friend is right about that one... everyone has their own visions and wants to make it true. even the watchers who watch a movie and be critic about it. so its not just the producers or directers thats the problem, its everyone in their entirety and that is something we cannot change at all. it will always happen reguardless.

thats all there is to it. people interpretations of different views, does that mean they are wrong... not really. it just means they had a different view then you.

EDIT:
adding this... sin city was an awesome movie. because when the guy was told to be doing a board with pictures and all. he took the books and looked at the pictures and said... why do that we already have one right here. that piece was a master piece cause it was identical to the books. he was right as well... why do you need a storyboard when you got the actual comic serving as such.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #15
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Yeah Jennifer Lawerence kind of kills the hype for me.