evilgohan2
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
evilgohan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LAN Play and Offline Gameplay

Okay. I'm sure this has been brought forth before but I seriously think this needs to be addressed.

First and foremost, Offline Gameplay. In other words, cached logins or a profile system so we can atleast play offline in single player with our VIP accounts when there is no internet connection available.

Secondly, a system for us to play over LAN in case we ever wish to have 1 on 1's, 2 on 1's, or 2 on 2's over LAN Play as opposed to not being able too (especially in situations where Firewalls inhibit such practices).

Just two suggestions I'm putting forth that would better SFO greatly. Thanks.

Shinkū Hadōken!
真空波動拳
evilgohan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

I suggest you ask a Member of Staff to move this to the New Features section if you want a greater response.

Bare in mind this is merely a suggestion, though.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Moved to appropriate section.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

blockattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Nyah! is an unknown quantity at this point

I think an offline option would surely be quite good; not sure if it is manageable though...
Old 03-05-2008, 11:51 PM   #5
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 18
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

Well, since you must atleast need a 28.8k modem, I don't really think the offine gamplay thing is possible... since the game is running by servers. I believe story mode is good enough for those who want to play offline.. which really makes no sense, unless your internet connection is having some problems during the time.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
MeteorRyu5
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
MeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished roadMeteorRyu5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bob~Marley4004 @ Mar. 06 2008,02:51)]Well, since you must atleast need a 28.8k modem, I don't really think the offine gamplay thing is possible... since the game is running by servers. I believe story mode is good enough for those who want to play offline.. which really makes no sense, unless your internet connection is having some problems during the time.
Agreed. If you'd like to play SFO while you're offline.. go for story mode.

MeteorRyu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
Nyah!
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Nyah! is an unknown quantity at this point

^ You cant even log in offline; you're forced to sign in as player, in which case, you're only allowed access to ryu and ken, and no perks.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Nyah! @ Mar. 06 2008,18:51)]^ You cant even log in offline; you're forced to sign in as player, in which case, you're only allowed access to ryu and ken, and no perks.
Yeah I think if you log in offline you should have access to all characters, or a restriction whereby you have to complete story mode X amount times (instead of having X amount of wins) before every character is selectable.

Yet considering this is Street Fighter Online and not Street Fighter Offline I suppose we can't complain about the already available offline features.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
Bob~Marley4004
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 18
Bob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura aboutBob~Marley4004 has a spectacular aura about
Visit Bob~Marley4004's Facebook Visit Bob~Marley4004's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((~BLADE~) @ Mar. 06 2008,06:02)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Nyah! @ Mar. 06 2008,18:51)]^ You cant even log in offline; you're forced to sign in as player, in which case, you're only allowed access to ryu and ken, and no perks.
Yeah I think if you log in offline you should have access to all characters, or a restriction whereby you have to complete story mode X amount times (instead of having X amount of wins) before every character is selectable.

Yet considering this is Street Fighter Online and not Street Fighter Offline I suppose we can't complain about the already available offline features.
As for completing story mode an X number of times to unlock characters, you will still have to be online for the system to catch your win logs in story mode.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

You think?

I'm not a Game Developer Expert yet surely you wouldn't need online access to create an unlock feature like that? I mean how do games you play offline (Age of Empires, Half Life, etc. ) know when you've completed the story mode 'xyz feature is unlocked' and so forth.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #11
KingofCrap
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
KingofCrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the situation for myself is that I can't play SFO at all when there is no internet connection. Not every story mode.

So, if there's an offline capability built in, it would be great for me to waste some time when I'm fooling around on my laptop outdoors with no networks available since I have the d/l version now.

KingofCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #12
Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Well you should be able to play Story Mode without an internet connection. You won't be able to logon under your username you would have to log in as a Player or use the Annonymous Login.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
Big_Shot

Post Thanks / Like
Big_Shot is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it should be a great idea for SFO to be played OFFLINE as well! I agree... yay lol lol lol!
THX
Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
KAR(RageFlame)2

Post Thanks / Like
KAR(RageFlame)2 is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT IDEA BUT HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBBLE
YALL R GONNA HAV 2 FIGURE DAT OUT BY URSELVZ