SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The SFO Awards 2008 - Voting Poll! Blade General Comments & Strategies 48 11-17-2008 03:51 AM
VOTW 4 & VOTM 1 Winner Banners TitaniumFist Banners, Avatars and Images 18 02-11-2008 10:00 AM
VOTW 5 – Rules and Guidelines TitaniumFist General Comments & Strategies 47 12-06-2007 10:40 AM
VOTW 4 - Guidelines & Entries Here TitaniumFist General Comments & Strategies 52 10-22-2007 02:01 AM
Official 3 on 3 voting gieandfer New Features 14 11-11-2005 09:53 AM

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice
Default Re: VOTW 5 Voting Poll

<span style='colorurple'>Hello faithful SFOCinema fans, members, and casual SFO viewers. Welcome to the VOTW5 voting poll. Only four entries to boast this time around, but they were each made with time and love. You can almost smell the chocolate from your pc, just wait till you put one cookie in your mou…. Sorry. </span>

<span style='color:black'>Before you proceed to vote, read every word of this post.</span>

<span style='colorurple'>The process is quite simple. Watch all the videos, in their entirety listed below, and vote for one of them. If you wish give a short statement on why. Your votes will help choose the winner of this VOTW contest, crowning one of the listed users as King VOTW5. I can't stress this enough for everyone who plans on voting, when you vote, make sure favoritism or personal feelings about the producer of the video</span> <span style='color:red'>never</span> <span style='colorurple'>affects your vote. How you feel about a particular individual is completely irrelevant because you are not voting “who you like the most”, you are voting for the best video. If that’s how you plan on voting, your votes are not needed here. It is unfair and biased not to vote for the best video. *

This isn’t a member popularity contest. Period. That said, let’s get to the awesome video entries!

This week’s guideline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]“Create an SFO video with a pre-chosen soundtrack. - The song? “Blow Me Away” – by Breaking Benjamin, from the Halo 2 soundtrack. - no additional full length tracks”
</span>
----------------------------------------------------------

<span style='color:black'>VOTW5 Entries:</span>

<span style='color:red'>Key To Survival - by thedesktops</span>
Click To Watch

<span style='color:blue'>Strongest Will Survive - by blacksuperman</span>
Click To Watch

<span style='color:brown'>EvilAkuma's VOTW5 Entry -

Click To Watch 1

Or

Click To Watch 2</span>

<span style='color:black'>It Ain't Easy Being Green - by TitaniumFist</span>
Click To Watch

---------------------------------------------------------
<span style='color:green'>Previous Winners and Wining Videos:

VOTW1 Winning Video: Faded Memories 2 – by Mercedes04

VOTW2 Winning Video: A Video Dedicated to SFO - by rvca

VOTW3 Winning Video: Goodbye, So Long - by DetectiveUknown

VOTW4 Winning Videos:

Spiderman - by Jin^Kazama

War Machine - Last Stand - by TitaniumFist</span>

-----------------------------------------------------------
<span style='color:blue'>VOTW Standard Prizes

1) Your winning video will be featured on the front page of the “SFO Cinema” Thread
2) VOTW Winner Bragging Rights
3) A Standard “SFO Cinema” Advertisement Banner

The following is a list of prizes entirely up to you and will be added to the “Standard Package”.

VOTW Winner Prize Choice List:</span>

<span style='color:red'>NOT AVAILABLE. *</span>

-----------------------------------------------------------

<span style='colorrange'>Further Details

If you would like to get involved in VOTW6 or VOTM, register an account here: SFOCinema Upload Site.

The VOTW/VOTM contests will no longer accept videos uploaded to another site. However, if you have any trouble with the site, or any questions about the contest, please contact Evil Akuma here: info@mysticgaming.net *We do make exceptions.

Title your email as such: “Related Issue toward Video of the week.”

Issues with hosting it on http://sfocinema.vidiac.com ??

Host it at http://mysticgaming.vidiac.com and than get the embed and use it on http://sfocinema.vidiac.com

You may also contact Penzel, blockattack, KingofStreetfighter101 or myself. Check our profiles for contacts, if you find none, use the PM system.

Also get involved with the SFO Cinema thread here- Click, Watch Videos, Rate, & Comment!</span>

<span style='color:black'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>This poll will end in 1-2 weeks.</span></span>

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

All video entries are now complete. Let the voting begin.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
system4

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 114
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Good Luck to all!!..

Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
sonic360

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
sonic360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on my Roger & Ebert status i would say between thedesktops and titanum's vid so i would choose...thedesktops's because his shows all the matches of different ppl using different characters and various styles nice work a 8.5/10

Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
EvilLink
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
EvilLink is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on guys!!! Don't let this VOTW5 die already.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 AM   #6
KingofCrap
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
KingofCrap is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, my vote is between blacksuperman and TitaniumFist this time.

First, comments on the titles.

"It Ain't Easy been Green" sounds like a corporate video to counter Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" over environmental issues.

"Strongest Will Survive", though not the most original title, is fitting because the song lyrics keep reinforcing the title quite a few times in the song itself, so it lends strength to the title.

On the featured fights, well TitaniumFist's video had the edgier and more thrilling fights of the two. (looks at IGNs of the fighters.)

Video to song compatibility is almost equally tied here. The line-up intro of blacksuperman is interesting in its idea of bringing together the strongest to strive for survival.

TitaniumFist's visual effects were a treat for the viewer, but I feel blacksuperman captured the theme of the song better somewhat.

Overall, therefore, my vote lies with blacksuperman's "Strongest Will Survive". *

Old 12-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Let's keep it coming folks. Deadline extended.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #8
system4

Post Thanks / Like
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Come on people.. All you have to do is just look at the entries and just tell which one you like best..

Old 12-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #9
KingofStreetfighter101

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 32
KingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the roughKingofStreetfighter101 is a jewel in the rough

Blacksuperman's video gets my vote ... ... It just felt like the most amount of effort was given to this particular video ... From the Cameos of "hidden playable characters" to the subtle particular effects that he used ... It just seemed more fitting of the song choice in my opinion ...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point

My vote goes to TitaniumFist great video man...u knew how to make it go with the soundtrack...i just loved it u get my vote bro.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
blacksuperman
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
blacksuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

aw come on people just give 10 - 20 minutes of your time to watch 4 videos and then vote for the one you like...
Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

<span style='color:black'>8 Days into the Poll -</span> <span style='color:red'>Vote Count:</span>

<span style='color:black'>Key To Survival - by thedesktops</span> <span style='color:red'>- 1 Vote</span>

<span style='color:black'>Strongest Will Survive - by blacksuperman</span> <span style='color:red'>- 2 Votes</span>

<span style='color:black'>EvilAkuma's VOTW5 Entry</span> <span style='color:red'>- 0 Votes</span>

<span style='color:black'>It Ain't Easy Being Green - by TitaniumFist</span> <span style='color:red'>- 1 Vote</span>

Let the voting continue.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #13
Mercedes04
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Mercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enoughMercedes04 will become famous soon enough
Visit Mercedes04's YouTube

TitaniumFist get's my vote for this week. I've watched all of you guy's work at least 3 times and it really comes down to TitaniumFist and thedesktops. Plastic breezed over thedesktops....barely. I'll go into more detail once this contest is complete. But kudos to everyone for participating. =)

Tag is for a new SFO Website.
ETA ~ 3/10/11
Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

thedesktops get mines.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #15
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Keep voting people.. Isn't the last day Sunday?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1455
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

black gets mine

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
hugovaz
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
hugovaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit hugovaz's Facebook

I have to go with Titanium Fist.. I mean the song and everything it has a good rythm with a nice style.. Very nice i dont know why i just like it alot it stands out from the others kudos..
Old 12-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
vbg

Post Thanks / Like
vbg is an unknown quantity at this point

i feel titaniumfist's entry flowed best with the music, and it had good transitions . . . that one gets my vote

vbg

[ Posting rights removed. See rule #15. - TitaniumFist ]
Old 12-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #19
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

<span style='color:black'>Voting Ends Sunday 12AM Est. (2 Weeks)-</span> <span style='color:red'>Vote Count:</span>

<span style='color:black'>Key To Survival - by thedesktops</span> <span style='color:red'>- 2 Votes</span>

<span style='color:black'>Strongest Will Survive - by blacksuperman</span> <span style='color:red'>- 3 Votes</span>

<span style='color:black'>EvilAkuma's VOTW5 Entry</span> <span style='color:red'>- 0 Votes</span>

<span style='color:black'>It Ain't Easy Being Green - by TitaniumFist</span> <span style='color:red'>- 4 Votes</span>

A voting surge? Thank you all for showing support.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #20
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Deadline's up guys. Thank you all for participating (contestants and voters).

Closed Thread