SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Color character select Shadow~Jolteon New Features 69 05-01-2010 09:24 PM
Character Color Order Luke500 New Features 7 01-21-2009 03:37 PM
Character Color Edits DetectiveUnknown Banners, Avatars and Images 1810 06-11-2007 03:33 PM
Color edit mode Lil_Kid New Features 18 10-21-2006 03:11 PM
Color character or help DarkSilver007 Members Help Center 4 04-11-2006 12:50 PM

Old 12-23-2005, 01:17 AM   #1
Kazama_Empire

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Kazama_Empire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Character color edit

i just got capcom vs snk 2 and one of the best things on that game is character color edit. you can make the color of your character different and i mean from head to toe literaly. i made a black ken my self with some flaming highlights. maybe if we do get this it could be based on gp points. the points are based on things like how many counter attack u do and stuff like finishing your opponet with your super or how long was your combo u did. we could color edit our characters but we would need a lot of gp points to do it . please post and tell what u think
Old 12-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
milestails

Post Thanks / Like
milestails is an unknown quantity at this point

<span style='color:darkblue'>It does sound good....

But wouldn't it take a whole lot of work to get it in the game?
I mean, you never know what kind of edit combos people could do with their characters.... I'm also getting the feeling it would create more lag than need be, but I dunno....
Sorry if this is offending and stuff....</span>

milestails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
SBYRD5
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 171
SBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura about

Never going to happen...

Actually it's up to Admins/Mods/Vips.....for this to be considered....

But Wouldn't it be better to win a major tournament and earn
that taboo pink akuma...
SBYRD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:45 AM   #4
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
devilsoul is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Kazama_Empire @ Dec. 23 2005,1:17)]i just got capcom vs snk 2 and one of the best things on that game is character color edit. you can make the color of your character different and i mean from head to toe literaly. i made a black ken my self with some flaming highlights. maybe if we do get this it could be based on gp points. the points are based on things like how many counter attack u do and stuff like finishing your opponet with your super or how long was your combo u did. we could color edit our characters but we would need a lot of gp points to do it . please post and tell what u think
Like Sbyrd was saying, Well sorta. Join a torny most likey they have some kind of prize (Different colored char, Torny winner beside your name before the match starts, And alot of other stuff) The system we have is good enough.

"Forever"
devilsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #5
Ryusage

Post Thanks / Like
Ryusage is an unknown quantity at this point

if youcould change ur char any colour than tourny winner's green cyc or gold ryu wuld be meaningless...
Old 12-27-2005, 02:08 AM   #6
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

if you give me 5 good reasons why we should put it in the game ill say itll be a good idea
besides whats the point of that? whats so annoying of the colors of the character? another thing would be that what would happen if 2 of the same people played each other and both were the same color? wouldnt that be confusing i also think that there would be a lot more complaints about "cheating"
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:22 AM   #7
Shin_ryu
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Shin_ryu is an unknown quantity at this point

1 distraction to opponents

2 good for showoffs

that retro green can stop

everyone will be happy

nomore confusion for vips

</a>
Shin_ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
TrueSpawn
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
TrueSpawn is an unknown quantity at this point

First lemmie say i like this idea. There needs to be more different colored outfits for the characters. MVC2 has like 10 for each character. it gets so boring seeing the same colored characters all the time. Theres absoloutley no variety and gets dull really quickly. There needs to be a better prize for big tournament winners..like a straight up fat wad of cash or something else specially customized in the game for them. colors arent that great and they are one of the few things that need to be plentiful in the game and availible to everyone to keep it interesting.
TrueSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
gouki2008
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gouki2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt a bad idea same like sfa3

tonto el que lo lea:P
gouki2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 PM   #10
Dark Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
Dark Jonathan is an unknown quantity at this point

i have capcom vs snk 2 also and well i think the supercombos of any street fighter are the best. That color edit is not really cool for me and i cant use it properly to to play with the new color character :s anyway its about the supercombos that STF rocks anyway i like the different color suits that u can select with each character, but stil its useless in a sense

Old 12-28-2005, 02:08 PM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

5 good reasons not to change it it or add it !

1: you're playing the characters, not yourself ! keep the characters true to themselves !
2: people woukld start to complain how certain colors are pretty whacked in the game and makes them feel dizzy.
3: tmyapp would have to put a color changer into this game and as a programmer and a gfx dude. i know how it isn't easy to switch each color of a palette around.
4: people would start to complaint on the new feature and would want it to change and be fixed so badly. i think we want more characters not more features right now !
5: did i mentionned the works it would take tmyapp to do that ? if not then com,pare the time it takes to make a charcetr in the game and make it twice that ammount. i think i like more characters then more colors !

those are enough reasons not to have custom colors. vips already have custom outros. i think its already a good start !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:38 PM   #12
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SSJKarma @ Dec. 28 2005,2:08)]5 good reasons not to change it it or add it !

1: you're playing the characters, not yourself ! keep the characters true to themselves !
2: people woukld start to complain how certain colors are pretty whacked in the game and makes them feel dizzy.
3: tmyapp would have to put a color changer into this game and as a programmer and a gfx dude. i know how it isn't easy to switch each color of a palette around.
4: people would start to complaint on the new feature and would want it to change and be fixed so badly. i think we want more characters not more features right now !
5: did i mentionned the works it would take tmyapp to do that ? if not then com,pare the time it takes to make a charcetr in the game and make it twice that ammount. i think i like more characters then more colors !

those are enough reasons not to have custom colors. vips already have custom outros. i think its already a good start !
Yea you have good point their...and if we have this idea the tournament winner prizes would be useless don't you think :P

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:39 PM   #13
(Shady_Akuma)
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(Shady_Akuma) is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (azncat @ Dec. 27 2005,2:08)]another thing would be that what would happen if 2 of the same people played each other and both were the same color? wouldnt that be confusing i also think that there would be a lot more complaints about "cheating"
all i got to say about that is thats its alrdy confusing enough when its VIP vs VIP and they both pick the some person i most of the time take my rage off for that reason -_-"
and "if" this where to happen all it would do is bring about chaos cuz of confusion and other stuff....
Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
coolkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (azncat @ Dec. 27 2005,2:08)]if you give me 5 good reasons why we should put it in the game ill say itll be a good idea
besides whats the point of that? whats so annoying of the colors of the character? another thing would be that what would happen if 2 of the same people played each other and both were the same color? wouldnt that be confusing i also think that there would be a lot more complaints about "cheating"
Uhhh no they wouldnt be confused vips are both black and uhm they dont get confused so yeah uhmm lol(guess you didnt think of that) I dont care for this I just want my green regular ryu and ken back and id be cool(just look at vip cyclops and wolvie if you dont know what I mean)
coolkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
Kazama_Empire

Post Thanks / Like
Kazama_Empire is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe the vip could have more rights to the color edit mode
Old 01-03-2006, 05:20 PM   #16
Kazama_Empire