SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hall of fame. rvca Banners, Avatars and Images 14 03-17-2007 12:44 AM
Hall of fame Air~jordan New Features 13 02-25-2007 08:58 PM
SFO hall of fame _~APOCALYPSE~_ General Comments & Strategies 132 09-04-2006 12:42 PM

Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:
Default Hall of Fame

Wouldn't this be a nice new feature?
I think this community needs a hall of fame, for players who made an impact.
This is one feature that been over looked for years, and that's why people
not going to want to devote time again because they don't have anything to work towards
besides colors, etc. That get easily played out. I really think this would be a new feature that would
benefit SFO.

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 06-14-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
eviltomas
Ryu Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 302
eviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura abouteviltomas has a spectacular aura about
Visit eviltomas's Facebook Visit eviltomas's YouTube
Post Re: Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sha_Nicole) View Post
Wouldn't this be a nice new feature?
I think this community needs a hall of fame, for players who made an impact.
This is one feature that been over looked for years, and that's why people
not going to want to devote time again because they don't have anything to work towards
besides colors, etc. That get easily played out. I really think this would be a new feature that would
benefit SFO.
What you mean by made an impact ?

''You are confined only by the walls you build yourself".
Jesus Christ is The Way, the Truth and the Light. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."
eviltomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: Hall of Fame

Nah, I brought this up before.

For some reason it just wouldn't work out, at least right now. Sure it sounds like a good idea but how will we go about it? Who will get inducted? How would won vote someone in?

Who deserves it? And etc.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuXv View Post
Nah, I brought this up before.

For some reason it just wouldn't work out, at least right now. Sure it sounds like a good idea but how will we go about it? Who will get inducted? How would won vote someone in?

Who deserves it? And etc.
Fortunately you have the right one to construct a master piece of a new feature that should of been here at the beginning of time, matter of fact this should have been a priority. Why? I'm glad you asked.The reason why this should be installed because of the blood, sweat, and possible tears some of these people spent playing this game, showing dedication, showing a sense of nobility, dominance, pride, integrity, and displayed how a true competitor put it down on a keyboard. If this is something that nobody want, how come so many times we find ourselves reflecting, and taking inventory over individuals that came before us and made an impact in this community. I'm pretty sure we all reminisce over some people that should have been recognized for their work.

What could possibly be some qualifications to becoming a future hall of famer, is but a chosen requirements below just from my perspective is.

1. Been playing the game for more than a minimum of 5 years.
2. Won multiple tournaments.
3. Held a host of tournaments.
4. LEAST VIP Memberships, Sponsorships, and Elite VIP statuses
5.Done something to make themselves stand out from the rest of the group of players.

There's so many ways I could go with this, but it's just a rough draft, something I put together just by moving my hands without thinking, on top of that I'm not even going to do a spell check after. If this something that you think would be nice, well, it is nice, for certain people to recognized for their work, it should be a hall of fame!

Thank you! Vote Sha Nicole for president !

Last edited by CiaraSpareNo1; 06-14-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Sir Nash
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 131
Sir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the roughSir Nash is a jewel in the rough

Great idea (Sha_Nicole), a section/directory on the site where all the inductees' names would be archived, i.e: streetfighteronline.com/halloffame

People hate being forgotten, so this would also encourage people to not only be "players", but to do more. I endorse this 100%.
Sir Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Actually upon finding my thread, in the shadows of the forum. I noticed this can be done.

The thread just stopped getting replys and yadda yadda.

So, so far this is what I think/Agree on:

Qualifications -

1. 7 Years of SFO
2. Multiple Tournament Winner Status/Banner
3. Win Percentage over 2.0

- I dont think being VIP/Sponsored should be a qualification

I think we can host a little site (w.a link, like Top Scores) for Hall of Fame, where it will have each Hall of Famers "Profile" and awards/achievements they did, and so on.

A forum colored Name is a N0 in my book (things are already too fruity here) and any prizes is a NO as well, being placed in the HOF is a prize/reward in itsself.

Maybe when someone is inducted, they can create a thread for there speech, which will also be on there HOF profile.

I say 7 years because, the last few like 4 or so Years SFO hasn't really been ACTIVE, so i pushed it to 7 Years. This would be a great thing todo (the Hall of Fame), Clan leaders who won CoN and People who won WTT multiple Times, or even placed in top 3 multiple times could have a chance of being in the hall of fame.

The only problem I really see is all the old veterans or people who deserve to be in the HOF, but no longer play or even visit the forum. Plus the people we cant even get in contact with, or cant remember EXACTLY there contributions and such. Plus with so many people with so many accounts how do we know if someone is the rightfully owner of said account and not taking someone else credit and so on ?

Playing the Game is not required to be in the Hall of Fame. You can be a Hall of Fame Forum Member, Clan Leader, In-Game Member, GFX artist and so on.

Last edited by LuXv; 06-14-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

It would work! Hall of fame titles should only be given to the people under their known names.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Possibly only a forum title, but other than that no creed or anything else. It devalues the Hall of Fame's prize within itself lol.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #9
JoonMann

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
JoonMann is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THATS NOT HERE NOW THAT DESERVED TO BE IN THE HOF?
OR IS THIS FOR CURRENT PLAYERS NOW?

JUST CURIOUS.
JoonMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 187
Shadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really nice
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

my opinion is: not too sure about this HoF. However, it's the thought that counts on this idea is good.

IGNs: Runney/Shadow_Raichu
Position: SFO Staff In-Game/Forum Moderator of 2018/2019
Game Modes: Zero-E/Unvind/XvsSF
Characters: Cyclops/Ryu/Ryu/Cyclops

Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 AM   #11
BankHead11
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5