SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Akira... The Live Action MOVIE SnuggLes__ RaNdOm iNsAnItY 18 03-10-2009 11:18 AM
New Project Cassidy Banners, Avatars and Images 1 05-27-2008 11:47 AM
Akira(AMV) Comedy... Rightous~Epiphany Links 0 05-22-2008 07:03 AM
Project no-lag Venomous-Ninja General Comments & Strategies 11 07-08-2006 01:49 PM

Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default The Akira Project - Trailer

Who said Anime couldn'T be done in real life...
this seems way too awesome not to come to life.

SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter
Default Re: The Akira Project - Trailer

Amazing, I can't wait. I just feel like they should have kept the voices in the native language,

English ruins the feel of the movie

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

There is a live action movie being made with Ken Watanabe, Leonard Dicaprio, and Gary Oldman attached to it for years now. Leo has been trying to get the film off the ground for quite some time and now it seems the only thing holding it back is the director Jaume Collet-Serra. Anytime they have gotten a chance to start filming or get ready to he decides to do other films instead. The first time they were getting ready to film he decides to direct Unknown starring Liam Neeson. The next time they were ready he did the movie Non-Stop starring Liam Neeson instead.

Why am I pointing out Liam Neesons name who stars in those movies? because the next movie Juame is directing is Run All Night starring Liam Neeson. Leo has stated he hopes to start filming Akira in the fall but Juame is planning to direct Run All Night instead.

Someone brought up why he keeps postponing filming Akira and his exact words were "Because Non-Stop is a far more interesting movie. You look at the source material for Akira and I find none of the characters interesting. The Japanese always have characters who do nothing other than move the story forward so every character is two demensional. Everytime I read the script I think to myself that there is nothing interesting in it at all."

Since then there has been heavy fan backlash towards the director. Fans even fear that he may be postponing it in order to change the script to fit his image of it instead of following the source material. The sad thing is ever Since Leo was attached he has been the only one trying to get this thing going and has been angry with director Juame collet-Serra for stalling.

So far the full cast hasnt been released but these are all the actors approached to star in the film.

Confirmed
Leonardo Dicaprio
Ken Watanabe

In talks with or still negociating
Gary Oldman
Helena Bonham Carter
Keira Knightley
Kristen Stewart
Michael Pitt
DJ Cotrona
Richard Madden

The film was shut down 6 times and 4 times under director Juame Collet-Serra.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

they should fire him then... a director that do not wants to be in it shouldn't be directing it anyway. so just get rid of him.

anyway moving on, the akira project is coming along nicely since they have a trailer already. they are pushing it a lot for it to happen and i must say they are well started for a bunch of people with next to no budget. take that Hollywood !
Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #5
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Akira was one of the greatest Anime movies of all time...
It seems wrong to try and do it justice in a live-action movie. In saying that though, this trailer looks pretty awesome, and I'd much prefer that they did it with unknown actors rather than some giant hollywood star.

not bad though.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
Akira was one of the greatest Anime movies of all time...
It seems wrong to try and do it justice in a live-action movie. In saying that though, this trailer looks pretty awesome, and I'd much prefer that they did it with unknown actors rather than some giant hollywood star.

not bad though.
That trailer is from a fan made movie and has no name actors in it. O_o

What I was bringing up was the actual movie they have been trying to do for years now. Yes Karma I agree with that statement and ive been saying that for a long while now. For a director to hate everything about it but still be directing it is completely stupid. Thats how I felt about JJ Abrams directing Star Trek. He didnt like STar Trek at all to the point of bad mouthing it but still did it because he loved "Star Wars'. What he learned when directing the first one was this was not Star Wars. Hell he even had scenes in Star Trek similar to Star Wars.

I felt since this director loves nothing about Akira that he should drop completely out of it and continue to do his Liam Neeson movies. Leo should move back up into the director spot since he is such a huge fan of Akira.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Lieger, you missunderstood fader there... he actually said thathe wanted the fan made to work, while he wanted the hollywood one to fail. basically saying that hollywood often tend to just milk things reguardless of how they are done.

and i'm willing to give him right on that one. i hate how hollywood thinks the world turns around them. but what i hate the most. is how people lately only wants to see action and no story. reguardless of how much people will say that a story is good. wheni see movies like F&F going forward to 7 and SAW going forward to 7 as well. only to see true hits being flamed by burning oil...

sorry but thats how things are now a days...
you got whack movie with nothing but explosions fights scenes and car chases. compared to a movie who has a bit less but with a ****ing good story and yet the good story gets ditched by all. we're in a society where 2 girls ****ting in a cup gets more attentions then an artist with true talent.

so yeah... i would preffer the fan made over any hollywood ****s now a days.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Lieger, you missunderstood fader there... he actually said thathe wanted the fan made to work, while he wanted the hollywood one to fail. basically saying that hollywood often tend to just milk things reguardless of how they are done.

and i'm willing to give him right on that one. i hate how hollywood thinks the world turns around them. but what i hate the most. is how people lately only wants to see action and no story. reguardless of how much people will say that a story is good. wheni see movies like F&F going forward to 7 and SAW going forward to 7 as well. only to see true hits being flamed by burning oil...

sorry but thats how things are now a days...
you got whack movie with nothing but explosions fights scenes and car chases. compared to a movie who has a bit less but with a ****ing good story and yet the good story gets ditched by all. we're in a society where 2 girls ****ting in a cup gets more attentions then an artist with true talent.

so yeah... i would preffer the fan made over any hollywood ****s now a days.
You just described every succesful at the box office Michael Bay movie ever made.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #9
SnuggLes__
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 153
SnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura about
Visit SnuggLes__'s Twitter Visit SnuggLes__'s YouTube

I felt like I brought the Leo project up like 5 years ago... and Sure enough look up at related topics and its right there.. It's kinda sad it hasn't gotten off the ground yet, but that trailer looks amazing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends#Forever
SolidSnake76: out of school....
(-Kam-): Good you made it through another day.
SolidSnake76: shut up...
(-Kam-): that's the spirit.
SnuggLes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggLes__ View Post
I felt like I brought the Leo project up like 5 years ago... and Sure enough look up at related topics and its right there.. It's kinda sad it hasn't gotten off the ground yet, but that trailer looks amazing..
I brought it up back in 2005 when Leo started talking about it. Its sad its taking almost as long as Avatar to make.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
SnuggLes__
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 153
SnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura about
Visit SnuggLes__'s Twitter Visit SnuggLes__'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
I brought it up back in 2005 when Leo started talking about it. Its sad its taking almost as long as Avatar to make.
What the hell ...doesn't Leo have enough star power / lobbying ability to just find a good director whose actually interested in the project.... I hate it when good projects are in development hell.. 2005 are you kidding me.. Reminds me of I think it was I am legend or I robot.. Not sure which it was (or something completely different) But Arnold Schwarzenegger was attached to a big project for almost a decade before it finally got off the ground with a different lead actor/and director....

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends#Forever
SolidSnake76: out of school....
(-Kam-): Good you made it through another day.
SolidSnake76: shut up...
(-Kam-): that's the spirit.
SnuggLes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #12
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggLes__ View Post
What the hell ...doesn't Leo have enough star power / lobbying ability to just find a good director whose actually interested in the project.... I hate it when good projects are in development hell.. 2005 are you kidding me.. Reminds me of I think it was I am legend or I robot.. Not sure which it was (or something completely different) But Arnold Schwarzenegger was attached to a big project for almost a decade before it finally got off the ground with a different lead actor/and director....
I Robot.

I Am Legend was a remake of Omega Man which wasnt anything like the Omega Man or the book The Last Man on Earth.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

sad... michaels bay first 3 movies were awesome...
got downhill after that.

todays movies are often better done by indies who actually wants to be involved then done by hollywood who just want its next cash prize.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
sad... michaels bay first 3 movies were awesome...
got downhill after that.

todays movies are often better done by indies who actually wants to be involved then done by hollywood who just want its next cash prize.
Which is why Non-Stop with Liam Neeson was actually a good movie.

The only Bay movies I ever liked were The Rock and Bad Boys. Armageddon and after all just sucked. Hell at least Bruce Willis even hated that movie and vowed to never work with Bay every again. Which sadly after that he wasnt getting the roles he used to because Bay cried that he was hard to work with afte Willis bashed his movie.