SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Jackson Tribute Thread: Legacy Lives On Zpower General 13 06-27-2009 06:24 PM
Freddy Mercury lives? Wolfeh General 13 08-17-2008 06:02 PM
ESTSET LIVES! TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 8 03-22-2008 05:49 AM
Anybody who lives in texas rs300 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 9 10-10-2006 03:37 AM

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice
Exclamation [ The Dream Still Lives ]

>> SHORT VERSION:

Severe economic times (which are affecting most/all members in this community) combined with difficult personal and financial situation that is currently faced by this game's sole creator (TMyApp) has now made it impossible to continue the SFO project. The game, website and the servers will continue to run for as long as they can, but alas, it seems like this may be the 11th hour for our beloved community.

If the members of SFO wish to make a final strive towards keeping the game alive for a little while longer, you are welcome to do so. However, given the steady decline of the VIP program over the last 2 years, any hope for a major change (excluding a divine miracle) may be simply beyond the means of any one of us.

More/detailed info can be found below.

>> LONG VERSION:

The sad part is that this is NOT the first time I am forced to do this. The same picture and the words above have been posted on the front page of the game back in 2002. At that time (over 10 years ago) I was facing tremendous personal and financial stress. After having been unemployed in 2k1/2k2 for over a year, I was struggling to get by with 3 full time jobs (ie: I literally was working 7 days a week in order to pay the bills). And even with those efforts, I was still 2 months behind on rent, in addition to having all of my bank/credit accounts foreclosed. And no matter how hard I tried, I was NOT able to maintain the bills/servers needed to run SFO at that time.

And so, in 2002 "the dream was dead" (or so I thought). However, due to actions of LeftyFB, Nosoul4evr and some dozen or more other dedicated members, this community was kept alive. How? By working in secret, these few individuals put together their own hard earned cash and "donated" it towards offsetting the bandwidth/server expenses and thus keeping SFO alive. I knew nothing about their actions until the funds were sent to me, and I was absolutely blown away that people around the globe who have never met me, were willing to "donate in good faith" while expecting absolutely nothing in return. With all my heart, I felt that the least I could do was to offer a small token of "thanks" towards these amazing individuals in the form of their own in-game character colors (a feature that was previously reserved for the Tournament Winners).

These actions/events were not my choosing, nor have I ever planned anything close to what has happened in 2002. But the community of SFO made a choice: they were willing to do whatever it took to keep the game alive. And as the first few brave donators and their actions became known to the rest of the community, others stood up and said: "wait a minute, I want a chance to help keep SFO alive too!". And that is the story of how the VIP donation program was born: a system which was created by the community, which has kept this game alive and trouble free for over a decade.

The height of SFO's fame was somewhere around 2k6/2k7. These were the DWX and the Vindicator years. The popularity of the game was at an all-time high, with an upwards of 15,000 unique visitors daily. This in turn reflected on the VIP donations, which were at times as high as $500/month (even with 15,000 users, less than 1% of people supported the game, which is just fine imo). This is by no means an "insane amount of cash" (and far from the "SFO makes millions" theories which are floating around the web) but it was enough to cover the game's bandwidth bills (excluding the forum, which LeftyFB always paid out of his own pocket from day one ... out of the pure goodness of his heart). And of course those same donations allowed for SFO to "progress" with upgrades of new servers, hard-drives, UPS's as well as redundant internet connections (for the first time in game's history, power-outages were no longer a huge problem). These were some good times indeed.

But that was then, and this is now.

Tough economic times have hit everyone ... hard. Perhaps this is the reason of why so many are a lot "angrier" than before, which in turn (imo) have caused this community to come under attacks in 2kX. As a result, any and all free time which I had was spent towards upgrading and maintaining this game's security systems. SFO stayed alive, but there was just no way any new content could have been added to the game (since all of the time was spent on protecting this community from it's "haters" ). Lack of updates and sheer overwhelming number of "free to play games" which have sprung up over the years has made SFO "less impressive" for many, and the mighty 15,000 users per day has steadily declined to 4,000 in 2k11, under a thousand in 2k12, and to mere 300 as of right now. This in turn resulted in the game's donations dropping to some record-low numbers (sometimes as low as $15/month in total, which of course cannot possibly sustain the game or it's servers, nor would it even cover a single monthly internet connection bill).

And of course when times are tough, they are tough for EVERYONE. A lot of folks out there have either lost their jobs (multiple times) over the last few years, and/or are simply trying to barely survive themselves. And when someone has to choose between buying food and/or feeding their kids and "donating towards a free online fighting game" the choice is clear. And personally, the last thing I would want is for someone to take food out of the mouths of their family just to support SFO. So rest assured that I understand of what it is like to survive in the "real world", and no member of this community should ever feel bad and/or obligated to continue supporting SFO (even during this dark hour).

And while reading all of this, everyone probably has a few ideas of just "who" should be blamed for the events of the recent years which have ultimately led to the way things are now. But personally, I think that whenever any of the soldiers "fail", the blame should only/always fall on the general. And so, it is clear of just who should be blamed ... and indeed it is me.

SFO has always been about 1 man, and the game's development and the entire community has always rested on my own personal shoulders. When times were good (ie: 2k6/2k7) I have spent all of my free time towards new game updates (even though I never played/enjoyed the game myself). And when times were harder (ie: 2kX) the little time that I had was spent towards maintaining the game itself (which at that time meant 100+ hours invested towards a new game/server security systems to fend off those pesky haxx0r-wannabies). But when times are "hard", SFO is left to suffer, the same way I myself am forced to suffer.

On February 23rd of 2011, I have lost my job (as many others have done that same, previous and succeeding years). My position was outsourced to Brazil of all places, and my only means of survival became monthly unemployment checks. By this point the VIP donations of SFO have reached below $50/month mark for most months, so on top of trying to pay my rent/bills I was forced to "pick up the slack" and cover SFO's expenses out of my own pocket. This is something that I have always done in the past, and it is something that I have always been glad to do. Just because the VIP program was able to cover some/most of the game's expenses in the past, it does not mean that I should be shutting down the game each time we hit a "rough patch".

In 2012, the precious gravy train that was the government unemployment insurance checks have all dried up, and the computer industry was at it's worst state in my neck of the woods. What does this mean? Well, the only type of jobs I was able to find were small contract positions (ie: few weeks of work here and there) which would not even cover my rent (let alone other living expenses). And the end result? I was forced to rack up a little debt with the bank (just until I would be able to find a new full-time job, and/or my life got "better" ). This is also the time when the VIP donations started to hit new record-low numbers of $15/month (ie: a total of 3 donations monthly, excluding the valiant efforts by less than a dozen EVip and Staff Members, who have donated as much as $50+ each in order to offset the severity of the situation). And since all of my time was spent towards finding work and/or working on contract in order to buy food (and/or cover the monthly vig on the bank loans) there was absolutely no time left for SFO, so once again as I suffered, the community was forced to suffer along with me, and no game updates were released month after month after month.

And despite all of these events, I was still okay with racking up further debt and paying more of SFO's bills out of my own pocket. After all, all I needed was to find a good full-time programming gig (unfortunately flipping burgers would NOT cover my bills) which in turn would allow me to have a bit of free time (instead of spending it all towards "trying to survive" each month) which in turn would allow me to spend some precious hours towards new SFO updates (the final release of DWX along with Gambit, Spiral and Dan as well as a possibility of shifting the game towards a new and more stable net-code and/or even a brand new engine were always in the back of my mind). I always felt that on a "wing and a prayer" my whole life could turn around towards some positive changes, and the SFO's community would in turn feel the end result. If times were good for TMy, I can assure you I would be willing to spend countless hours towards the game that I never play just as I always have for 10+ years.

Now by that point of my life (ie: mid/end of 2k12) I was already $30,000+ in debt with the bank (though this number has risen even higher as I'm writing this). But I never felt like it was a problem. After all, I have been self reliant (ie: working/paying rent) since I was 19 (about 2 years before I wrote XvsSF 0.1a). I have seen it all, the good times and the bad. I've survived multiple crises in my life up to then, and I always felt like I could handle and/or push through anything that life would throw my way.

Unfortunately I was wrong ... because at the end of last year, I was forced to live through an event that brought me to my knees.

In early November of 2012, a member of my immediate family was diagnosed with an extremely rare and crippling neurological condition (which effects less than 0.001% of all people). The initial treatments provided little relief, and the doctors soon upgraded their diagnoses to the "chronic form of the disease". I've spent almost a month in December (including Christmas) at the hospital, at which point the person in question was discharged under my care. While tremendous recovery/progress was made during January, on Feb 5th 2013 the neurological disease relapsed. Once again, I've spent yet another month at the hospital (ie: 24/7 living on the hospital chairs without going home ... tending to someone I love night and day, while overseeing treatment after treatment, hospital transfers and even a dreadful week in the ICU I would soon like to forget). Currently, the family member I speak of is still under my care and is once again recovering very slowly. However, as with all things in life, all we can do is pray and take it one day at a time, since none of us are promised tomorrow.

The end result is that this recent personal weight has left me in the worst financial state of my life. On top of paying all the medical bills, the near-constant residency at the hospital has left me in a position where I was not able to look for even temporary work (on top of not having a full time employment for 2 years). From the SFO's point of view, I am several months behind on the hosting/bandwidth/co-location/server bills (which will total to about $500 next week) as well as 3 months behind on internet bills (yet another $300). But even if these can be paid, my own personal situation is much more dire. The vig on the bank loans is at $600/month, and after I borrowed my last $200 towards food and meds upon the latest hospital discharge, I am now left with nothing. In addition, I am currently $1300 behind on rent, and as it stands, I am due to receive an eviction notice this month (March 2013).

If someone feels compelled to donate towards keeping SFO alive, you are welcome to do so, but at this point, I am not quite sure of how the money should be spent. (ie: even if someone donates $100 towards SFO, should that donation be spent on the bandwidth/internet/server bills? Or towards making sure I still have electricity to run the auth server? Or towards making sure TMy is NOT living on the street while using the auth server as his pillow? ). Given the situation, your prayers may help a lot more than any financial contributions, since I cannot clearly see of how any part of my life can be improved at this point without divine intervention.

Personally I am way too tired to answer these questions, and unfortunately with all that is going on, SFO is not the first priority in my mind these days.

I am sorry that things have turned out this way, but I can assure you that I have done all that I could to keep this game and the community alive for the past 12+ years. And even when things were tough (starting in Feb of 2k11) and the VIP donations were no longer able to sustain this community (while I have been battling unemployment/personal issues) I have never "pulled the plug" on SFO, and have kept it alive and running with the very last penny that was available to me.

The bittersweet truth is that all things in this life have a beginning and an end. If you are not able view the SFO website, it means the hosting/bandwidth providers have suspended the service. And if you are not able to login via the d/l version or view the Top Scores, it means that either my power has been cut, or I am simply living on the street.

I would like to thank all of the fan-boys out there who have shown love and support for years on end towards a small weekend project that is SFO, and I would like to thank all of the haters who have shown me the true consequences of internet fame.

Thank you all ... and goodbye.

----------------------------------------

>> UPDATE: Sept 17th, 2k13

The unbelievable selfless generosity of the SFO community is what allowed for the game and it's servers to survive for the past 6+ months. Your donations (be it $5 or $50+) is what paid for the servers, the bandwidth and the web hosting which is at the heart of SFO.
A number of you have said your goodbyes and/or asked others to "let go". But for every person who agreed with those types of hopeless thoughts there were 5 users who were willing to donate $50, and there were 20 who were willing to donate $5.

I doesn't matter how you feel about it and/or even if you believe what I'm saying right now. But trust me when I say, those $5 donations add up and THEY are the reason this community defied all logic and bitter thinking and stayed alive for the past 6 months. And I can tell you right now, the ONLY reason I was able to buy food the first few months of this thread is because Crystal PAID for that food with her donations each and EVERY week. And the ONLY reason SFO's bandwidth was covered and the servers stayed online hour after hour, week after week, month after month ... is because of Bahki, _SFO-King, Symphonic, Asshoie, SIGMA-Ultra_Daz, Tekkaman_Blade, ItachiForever, OohMyGodImBased, Elena, evil^vegeta, ShadowJinXx, _Neclear, (Sha_Nicole), guitarrocker101, ((DeathLuX)), daddypete, Deadly(A)venger, {darkryu}9870, Master_AIK, silents1ayer, CaptainKush, (Pink)Savvy, Chazy7 ... and so many others that I can't even mention everyone in this thread without spamming.

LONG STORY SHORT: I've come across part-time gigs here and there for the majority of the months which allowed for me (and SFO) to survive. But last 2 months ... I've been bone dry. I've got part-time work coming up in October, but I won't see any of those benjamins for another 4 weeks at the very least. And as it stands, the SFO Internet/Line bills are $390 and are 3 months past due. Monday Sept 23rd is the last day to come up with that cash ... and unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried there is just absolutely NO possible way for me to get that kind of money ... Originally I was counting on borrowing some funds sometime this week, but earlier today I found out that the source which I was counting on, will unfortunately not be able to help me after all

It's up to the SFO community at this point ... just as it's always been in the past. LeftyFB emailed me few weeks back because he was worried about the domain expiring, but the .COM and it's hosting costs were taken care of by a "few good men" (as in: a couple of $30 donations arrived just in the nick of time). We were so close ... defied all logic, all odds, all bets ... and now ... here we are ... from the 11th hour, right up until 11:59

If you don't hear from me again, please know that words can't describe of how I feel and what I think about the users of SFO and this community. I'd ask once again for your prayers ... but I know I'm already in them ... the last 6 months is the proof.

-TMyApp

----------------------------------------

>> LATEST UPDATE: Sept 22nd, 2k13

On September 17th 2013, this community was faced with a dire financial problem. In order to keep the game and it's servers alive, $390 HAD to be raised by September 23rd. Against all odds, 9 extraordinary and selfless individuals have stepped up to save our beloved SFO. They were: (-Kam-), xfaderx, ItachiForeverm (Liger_Zero), guitarrocker101, Bahki, !_NoobKiller_!, (XA)-Veteran and ((DeathLuX))

Aside from what's been posted on the front page of StreetFighterOnline.com the only thing I'd like to add is this:

For 12 years I've done all that I could in order to make sure SFO would not vanish (even though so many of our haters have predicted it year after year). If there was ever a chance (no matter how small) that I alone could solve the financial problems of this community, you can bet that I took care of it (even if it meant going into more debt in order to keep the game and it's servers alive). Even when things were "bad", I have never openly asked for donations in a specific amount by a specific date. So you can bet the situation over the past week is as bad as it gets. (ie: SFO had a "date" when it would die ... and if that's not "epic" I don’t know what is).
I wish I could express my personal thanks and/or describe of how I feel in more detail ... but in all honesty, I'm sure all of you can already guess of what I'm thinking ... plus, the 9 people who have selflessly saved our community this time around know the reasons of why they did it, and/or can imagine of just how selflessly-amazing their actions were

But of course over the last 12 years, there were semi-countless number of users who's donations have either supported, helped and/or plainly kept SFO alive (especially this year). Their past donations should not be forgotten, nor should their importance be downplayed. But in the last week, we were faced with such unusual and extraordinary circumstances that you can't simply say that the "donations have merely helped" ... this time around, "The Nine" and their donations have ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY SAVED SFO FORM VANISHING INTO OBLIVION
Back in march, I was almost 100% sure that these were the "final days" (after all, there was a reason of why I called this time "the 11th hour" ). Today ... I'm not so sure.

Things are "not good" for me personally at the moment (to say the least). And the amount of problems I am currently facing on daily basis is beyond description. One of the biggest of such problems is the amount of financial debt that I am in. But the biggest chunk of this debt ... is what I owe to all those who have supported SFO and who are downright keeping it alive right now.

If only our prayers could get answered once more ... and if only I could have but a single chance to give back to SFO without having all this tremendous weight pushing down on me ... then, I could show everyone of what exactly the words "rebirth of SFO" could really mean

-TMyApp

---------------------------------

*** BREAKING NEWS: Sat Oct 19: The next SFO Update is coming Dec 14, 2k13. More info can be found in this thread: http://forum.streetfighteronline.com/showthread.php?p=808839#post808839

Last edited by TMyApp; 10-19-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1304
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [ The Dream Still Lives ]

Hey shad0wslayer... How have you been... you still play SFO?

^Thats how you return... Not with bad news ='(

I will do what is in my power to help out and im sure everybody else here will too

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
Rashiznit-X
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 234
Rashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished roadRashiznit-X is on a distinguished road

rashy got a plan stay tuned t-fist if u see this email asap k thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1173
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Welp gentlemen, it has been an honor owning you all...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 03-11-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 189
Shadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really niceShadow_Raichu is just really nice
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

i will figure out something. what's the proper site again? is it info@streetfighteronline.com or the other one support@streetfighteronline.com or is it donation@streetfighteronline.com?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:44 AM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Bro, I'm glad your loved one is on the road to improvement again, and that tragedy and hardship aside, you're okay.

I've missed you and I'm glad you were able to post for the community. Thank you, and I'm proud of you. Always have been. Hearing about the personal burdens you've had to shoulder in real life affirms everything (even though not much) I've learned about you over these years.

Maybe you did fail this project, maybe we all failed (the staff) along with you. But in my eyes, you did right by SFO, and you did right by your family - the best way you knew how.

If there's one thing you and I have always told the community and each other, it's that members have to take care of their own first, and SFO's way down on the list below that real life. I wish you and your loved ones all the best, brother, and am hoping for continued improvement.

Love, peace and hope, brother. I've got your contacts still and I'll try to keep in touch.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

You can always sell this project and get payed for it
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #8
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

wow, thanks for the insight into your life and current situation. Maybe now that will shutup a lot of the haters.

I truly hope you get through these tough times. Regardless of whether SFO carries on or is put to rest, it is totally insignificant to your personal real life. ALWAYS make sure that you are taken care of first, SFO is just a game, a project that you put your "free-time" into. We truly appreciate all the time and effort you put into it, but for goodness sake don't sacrifice anything more than you can actually spare to keep this game running.
If it has to close down then so be it. All the best for the future, Appman, and good luck. I hope you get that divine intervention you need.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Hello TmyApp, I want to encourage you to keep pushing and never give up. weeping may endure for night but joy comes in the morning, no matter how hard things may get continue to believe that you can exceed above and beyond your own limits. Im sorry to hear about the economic struggles you havr been facing, but I want to let you know you are not alone. So I say to you thank you for 12 years and Im actually going to donate larger amounts of money starting in the near future.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
~H~Blaze
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1498
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

I'm a banned member of the forum community (~H~Blaze), but I'd just like to say I never would have imagined it could get that bad for someone, yet they keep quiet and suffer through it on their own. You have my ultimate respect Tmy. Hopefully your loved one recovers fully, in the mean time I'll setup a crowdtilt for you and sfo to help ease some of the load. I can't let sfo go under without being able to use magnus once. You served us for 12 years, it's time for us to do our share, all I ask is dontbanmeplez.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
LiquidSnake78
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

The thing that shock me the most, is as he (App) described a time line of sequences, things got worse, and as things got worse, the term SFO was still floating within that time-line he described. For you to go through such an experience, but still have the community in mind, is much respect bro. Not a lot of people can do what you did, esp with SFO. Being a 1 man project, and staying up for this long.

My prayers goes out to you and your loved one, through this rough time. Trust, I know the feeling of it.
Don't consider it a failure though .. Far from it .. When 1 person can create a 1 man game like this, and it still gets members, weather 15,000 or 300, after a decade, still something to be successful off of. Even if you got that 1 or several people attempting to hack it, shows it still have a meaning. Lol.

I wish you the best. And hope everything improves for you ASAP. Who knows man, if you want to ever continue the project down the road (If things happen to get cut / we all lose communications via game/forum) once everything is 100% with you, let the staff know. Give TF a shout out, and he'll get up with me and the rest of the staff for you.

Till then, We'll hold down whats left for you, when we can, till the factory closes.
Much respect.

Last edited by LiquidSnake78; 03-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
CiaraSpareNo1

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

If this game can hold out until april everything will back to normal i got a plan to action.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
GirrXO
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
GirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this pointGirrXO is an unknown quantity at this point

Woah.

<3 Everyone
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

TMyApp you made history man. Much respect. Wish you the best as soon as possible .
As LiquidSnake78 said ,we are here when ever you call us , with the little we can do - we are here .
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2451
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENZEL View Post
You can always sell this project and get payed for it
Or you can temporarily hand it down to another staff member (if they are able/willing) until you get back on your feet.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Message from system4 aka thedesktops

So I woke up this morning and KOG (a staff member) messages me on Skype with a link to a topic on the PX forums. I'm thinking to myself, why should I bother to read go on the PX forums, the staff and community don't want anything to do with me anymore. Why would a staff member of all people message me about anything dealing with SFO? Should I ignore this link and do my daily moderation on another game that I'm currently affiliated with or do I read something that I used to acquainted with. So I decided to click and the link and read the sad news.

As TMyApp mentioned, times are indeed hard. After leaving SFO in April 2010, I lost a younger brother in May 2011 that I never thought I would of lost from a gunshot wound. He was only 18 at the time of his death and a few weeks away from High School Graduation. To this very day, I think whether that should of been me to take that bullet. Bills has been piling up for me as well. I really don't have the time to play games that much anymore and I only thing I can really do games wise is moderate forums. As people grow older, we just don't have the necessary time anymore, so I understand TMyApp's financial struggle. We all go through it.

TMyApp: First and foremost, I want to apologize if I've caused in harm into your project that you've built up for almost twelve years. Leaking SFX to certain public members was an intention, because I was excited at the time to play a 3D FPS game built from ground up. It was a whole new experience for the SFO and I thought leaking it would stir up some activity. However doing the malicious things that I did (deleted TMC stories, mass kicking players, deleted fan page, etc) wasn't out of intention and out of fear due to the stress I was getting from certain players of threatening me to snitch to other staff members about leaking SFX. However, I already knew a few staff members already knew I told some, so my judgment led me just go ahead and leave the community. My days of staying staff members was outnumbered anyway.

Enough about that though.. I just want to say keep your head up. No matter what you, TitaniumFist, VIPKiller123, or any other staff member may think about you now.. I will always respect you. You have been my programming idol for the longest and still is. I really hope your loved one comes through and I will be sending in donations throughout time for you to stay on your feet and help out SFO with bandwidth/server bills and what not. So God Bless you..

TitaniumFist: I know you probably don't like me now, but I don't care I just want to say Thank You for managing and maintaining my Ambassador program idea.

Nice Copy and paste.. I feel honored to have influenced someone during my time at SFO

http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...ad.php?t=24790
http://forums.streetfighteronline.co...ad.php?t=31149

Congrats to all the new Ambassadors as well.

Nferno, blanka, blockattack, VIPKiller123. SSJKarma: Same as TitaniumFist, hope you guys don't hate me, I know some don't but oh well... I still respect you guys and you guys are still a bunch cool people. So no hard feelings ok?

cwing: Lol, dang man.. Where you been hiding? Miss you bro.. <3

All other Moderators: Grats on become Moderators.. I know you done well and to all existing ones..Keep trying to support SFO 100%.. Keep the dream alive, it ain't dead yet..

I know the post will probably get deleted, but whatever... I'm still gonna support TMyApp and try to help out donation wise, because I still love SFO and the community, no matter what others think.
Just copy and paste thats all

kthx.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
blockattack
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

In the next 3-5 weeks..i will get with anyone I can to try to raise whatever possible. I really hope things look up... I've been in the same boat ... Which is probably why you always refund my donations .. never thinking of yourself.. always saying feed your kids man..pay your bills man..
You damn bum.. :/
If you had only said this way earlier, we could have this financial thing .. at least The small numbers cut down a little. I don't care how its spent.. in the end its all to keep sfo alive.

Use it to feed you... Then tmy is alive to code sfo.
Use it to pay rent... Sfo has a home to be hosted from.
Use it to pay bills... Sfo can stay running online.
Use it for hardware... Sfo can be..

Who cares? The time for morality is out the window my man.

I got love for the tmy ..and the sfo..

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
~H~Blaze

Post Thanks / Like
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockattack View Post
In the next 3-5 weeks..i will get with anyone I can to try to raise whatever possible. I really hope things look up... I've been in the same boat ... Which is probably why you always refund my donations .. never thinking of yourself.. always saying feed your kids man..pay your bills man..
You damn bum.. :/
If you had only said this way earlier, we could have this financial thing .. at least The small numbers cut down a little. I don't care how its spent.. in the end its all to keep sfo alive.

Use it to feed you... Then tmy is alive to code sfo.
Use it to pay rent... Sfo has a home to be hosted from.
Use it to pay bills... Sfo can stay running online.
Use it for hardware... Sfo can be..

Who cares? The time for morality is out the window my man.

I got love for the tmy ..and the sfo..
http://projectx.cyberfuturism.com/fo...d=1#post788812 Let's get it folks.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
(SXA)crip

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 46
(SXA)crip is an unknown quantity at this point

Tmyapp, Honestly I dont know what to say. You created the first multiplayer arcade edition of this game that was actually enjoyable. I would no longer have to take my loose change to the laundry mat around the corner to play. You not only did this out of the kindness of your heart, but you did this for almost 13 years, That itself is enough to be proud of.

You took care of this community for 12+ years, raising it as if it were a child, never giving up on us during the rough times. So with that being said, don't think for a second we as a community will turn our back on you. Take care of your self first, please, the game is no longer priority in your life.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
`Crystal

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1061
`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough`Crystal is a jewel in the rough

I'm mad emotional right, reading all this makes me want to cry.
I really wish I can do more, and I will do more. Just keep this game alive for a few more weeks and I will make a charitable donation. This game has to keep on going!!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #21
-Disciple-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
-Disciple- is an unknown quantity at this point

DREAMS DON'T DIE

The battle has just begun
Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #22
FadeToBlack
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 176
FadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished roadFadeToBlack is on a distinguished road

Damn man, pretty sad news. Had no idea this was going on with the guy, and I've always been saying he probably forgot about SFO or something lol. Well I hope your life gets better Tmy, if I donate it I'd rather it go towards your personal situation rather SFO cause life is more important. Good luck yo.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
guitarrocker
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
guitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the roughguitarrocker is a jewel in the rough

Tmy, your a good man and a very strong person. I just wanted to say thanks for everything you've done for the community, and like stated before, Dreams don't die
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

Avengers will Assemble SFO cant die!!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
(-Kam-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice(-Kam-) is just really nice
Visit (-Kam-)'s Facebook Visit (-Kam-)'s Twitter Visit (-Kam-)'s YouTube

We Shall OVERCOME!

@SFO2k14|SFO FB|SFO Clans|@SFOSTAFF|SFO Goals

Closed Thread