4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
4life_killah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Warming

people why do you think each summer is getting hotter and hotter by the minute well its gobal warming this needs to be spread how to help the enviorment that we live on so it wont get fluded by water...do you know wat global warming is??? well it is that polution is taking over why??? because we have destroyed our own nature by destroying trees if we were not to detroy them we won't be in this terrible condition many cities/contries such as the united states will get fluded...... Think wat would happend in 50 years from know scientist say the the maps of the earth will have to be re-drawed because of the major changes their is going to be in this world.... Do ya want a bad future for your kids when they grow up i don't think so so give ideas on how to stop this beast on why how to help the enviorment to have a better future for our children

Old 04-23-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
ShinCodog

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
ShinCodog is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think global warming is that big a deal. In fact, most of it seems completely foney. Last summer it didn't even make it to the 100's where I live, and if it did, just barely. This is a sign of global warming? Nobody really knows about global warming, in fact some scientist refer to our situation as global cooling. I mean cmon, 10 years ago I remember the temperature being over 110. But things aren't even get near that here anymore. So things are actually geting better, not worse. Global warming beleif has been around for over 50 years, and back then they believe the meltdown would happen around year 2000. Fifty years as you state from now will be a new map. Well, I just have trouble believing it. With the HUGE tree farms producing our wood, preventing the forest from being cut, we have higher oxygen levels than we did around the Model T car time. If you want to believe in global warming be my guest, but human beings have made it considerably better than it was durring the industrial revoulution.
.................................................. .........................
ShinCodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ShinCodog @ April 24 2007,00:54)]I don't think global warming is that big a deal. In fact, most of it seems completely foney. Last summer it didn't even make it to the 100's where I live, and if it did, just barely. This is a sign of global warming? Nobody really knows about global warming, in fact some scientist refer to our situation as global cooling. I mean cmon, 10 years ago I remember the temperature being over 110. But things aren't even get near that here anymore. So things are actually geting better, not worse. Global warming beleif has been around for over 50 years, and back then they believe the meltdown would happen around year 2000. Fifty years as you state from now will be a new map. Well, I just have trouble believing it. With the HUGE tree farms producing our wood, preventing the forest from being cut, we have higher oxygen levels than we did around the Model T car time. If you want to believe in global warming be my guest, but human beings have made it considerably better than it was durring the industrial revoulution.
.................................................. .........................
i don't really know what to think about you in the future huh...... I like you dont think gobal warming is a thread ok just see how it affecting us in certain ways don't you see our homes will be destryoed if you go letsay in 50 years will you be able to see mantthan i don't think so as for you i dont really care wat you think about gobal warming but this is sum serious business..... And this is all caused because of fabrics letting all their god damn carbon dioxide into the air know the sun rays can't get out of the earth the only way to help and slove this problem is to stop the polution let's say we have a chart rightand we put in some contries that have been devoloping...lets say the u.s. and china we have a chart about which contry has polluted the world the most i think the u.s. would win because china is aware of this that is happening that why they making cars that when the smoke comes out it don't affect the enviorment while us cars are letting all the smoke out and all that carp etc. all u have to say about this and wat you think.......
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #4
silentninjaX

Post Thanks / Like
silentninjaX is an unknown quantity at this point

yes but if we have to do anything about global warming we have to hurry fast. It seems at the rate things are going it's going to be too late. If we really wanted to stop global warming we would be doing something about that. It seems this war that is going on is taking away from global warming a bit. Personally I don't like to think negative but I think it will be too late to do something once we start something. Its sad to think that because of some people hard efforts to make this crazy world a better place might be in vain.

silentninjaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
JohnnyBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

it's just a fliping climate change.

Like 2000 years ago the arctic was TROPICAL.

I don't see, why WE can't live in it, if our ancestors DID.
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #6
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3030
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (JohnnyBlaze @ April 24 2007,08:25)]it's just a fliping climate change.

Like 2000 years ago the arctic was TROPICAL.

I don't see, why WE can't live in it, if our ancestors DID.
no the arctic was not tropical 2000 years ago, try 2 million before they moved off africa.

do you even know what your saying, the arctic is just an oceanic region.

every few million years, it takes a drastic change to trigger a climate change, like a supervolcano or a more-than-a-mile metoerite. normally, ths is a type of environment we can live it but with the reduction of trees and and exstensive output of CO2 and greenhouse gases, this is too much for the trees we didnt cut down to handle. so to sum it all up, they catch what they can and the rest floats up into the atmosphere. without those important trees we've removed, theres nothing to hold the water in the ground in dry areas(the savannah) and nothing to hold the water back in wet areas(the amazon).

this is a change we're not prepared for, something we ignorantly accelerated. ShinCodog, what kind of world are you living in? the ice sheets on antartica shouldnt be collapsing if your words can hold weight, the sea level should be declining and bigger ice masses should be forming. no, the arctic ice mass is shrinking. does that tell you anything? i dont know where you live in the USA, but here in new york, the temps are not suppose to remain around 60 halfway through winter. snow is basically falling all over the place because the jet stream dont know what to do. the nor' easter we had might of pushed it back on track but remember the 2005 hurricane season? ready for 2007, in whereever you live?

since the industrial revolution, we've accelerated global warming and we're just setting our own fate. imagine the next few generations turned into permanant nomads and triggering water wars for the fresh stuff. by 2040, the arctic might be ice free if we dont do a thing about it. ICE FREE, does a beach resort in alaska sound ok to live it? the everglades in florida is just gonna become part of the carribean ocean. alot of animals that need some coolant are migrating further and further north. honestly now, theres solid proof and you yourself are even living that proof scientist spoke of. if your in the mountain regions, then i dont know jack sh!t about it, its hard to determine. those higher elevations are more vulnurable to the cold air and sun, so who would win?

blaze, our ancestors were nomads, didnt know a thing about farming till 8000 years ago. if they couldnt find food and/or stand the region, they move to where they can kill something. and the arctic was not no trpical region 2000 years ago. the last ice age ended 18,000 years ago, you mean to tell me that that giagantic ocean was ice free 2000 years ago and reform 500-1000 years ago that fast?

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
Ludacris
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Ludacris is an unknown quantity at this point

lol.......... global warming is becuz of 2 things.......

polution
the earth's rotation the poles are moving.............

edit: variations in the earth's orbit (orbital forcing)

What?! Spider Poison Is People Poison?!

Homer J. Simpson
Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
Kazooma777

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Post Thanks / Like
Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (4life_killah @ April 24 2007,00:03)]people why do you think each summer is getting hotter and hotter by the minute well its gobal warming this needs to be spread how to help the enviorment that we live on so it wont get fluded by water...do you know wat global warming is??? well it is that polution is taking over why??? because we have destroyed our own nature by destroying trees if we were not to detroy them we won't be in this terrible condition many cities/contries such as the united states will get fluded...... Think wat would happend in 50 years from know scientist say the the maps of the earth will have to be re-drawed because of the major changes their is going to be in this world.... Do ya want a bad future for your kids when they grow up i don't think so so give ideas on how to stop this beast on why how to help the enviorment to have a better future for our children
I'll give Solidsnake76 this he has a great fold of common sense....

This issue has been on the "To do List" for years.

Just like always when the problem reaches a critical point...everyone takes notice...

This procrastination leads to unneeded casualities..

Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Ludacris @ April 24 2007,10:16)]lol.......... global warming is becuz of 2 things.......

the earth's rotation the poles are moving.............

edit: variations in the earth's orbit (orbital forcing)
what?

Old 04-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
Ludacris
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

lol........ I know wait here's the link......... it doesn't affect the weather as much as the pollution but it has a part in it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_forcing

Homer J. Simpson
Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

i better research this for myself

Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Ruy2266
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Ruy2266 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ludacris, Wikipedia is not a reliable source because people can edit stuff. Although what you're saying could be true. Don't use wikipedia as proof, its a weak argument.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #13
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
ZERO~GS is an unknown quantity at this point

any even know what global warming is?

global warming: causing of sun rays to be intraped in earth between the land and the atmosphere due to pollution/gases that causes various weather changes

1: gets very hot where it doesnt suppose to; mostly in the poles and causing them to melt and increasing the sea level

2. gets very cold where it not suppose to; come on we had cold weather just a few weeks back...and thats not normal

3. eventually it will cause us to sufficate..only yall wanna turn fish-like in live in the sea...which everything is better in da ocean

so we have to stop this...and u say how?

done use cfs or use your car dat much...burning of fossil fuel is a major cause of this

THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER AND NOT TO BE KID AROUND WITH...IF WE DONT FIX IT NOW...MAYBE TOMORROW IT BE TOO LATE

were killing our own planet peeps...rather shame on us
Old 04-24-2007, 01:03 PM   #14
Ludacris
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Ruy2266 @ April 24 2007,12:30)]Ludacris, Wikipedia is not a reliable source because people can edit stuff. Although what you're saying could be true. Don't use wikipedia as proof, its a weak argument.
yah I know that but that sums it up just a little bit.........

Homer J. Simpson
Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #15
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

were not arguin..just debating
Old 04-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #16
4life_killah
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

just as zero said we are killin our own planet with this bunch of indutries letting their cardon dioxide out their is something that their sellin to trap cardon dioxide but their to cheap to buy it so they just letting the smoke out with all the carbon dioxide......and all that conclueds to GLOBAL WARMING it might not be a serious thread know but in the future almost everything will be destroyed..... you know who should of been president insted of bush al gore he know everything about this seach him on youtube and see his global warming videos your self and wat was the only thing that we have destroed always that helps convert carbon dioxide into air huh?? !!!!!!!TREES!!!!!!!!.......Exactly

Old 04-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
Ludacris
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

into oxygen........... anywayz.............like most people say, I won't be alive when all that ish happens

Homer J. Simpson
Old 04-24-2007, 03:20 PM   #18
Iplay2winIsHere

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2winIsHere is an unknown quantity at this point

the reason behind "global warming" may be the sun. *I can't explain it in detail since I'm not an expert in the field. *But the experts who study that kind of thing noticed that the sun is giving off more of whatever the sun gives off. *Basically, we can't do anything to stop the climate change.

Plus: Some people have said that the extra greenhouse gases cause the higher temperatures. *Well, they're wrong. *Yes, the temperatures are rising, but carbon dioxide is not causing the higher temperatures. *If you look back to records in the past that show data of temperature and carbon dioxide content, then you'll notice that the temperature rises first, then the carbon dioxide level rises years later. *That shows that it is not the high level of gases that cause the higher temperatures, but it may actually be the higher temperatures that cause the higher levels of gas.

The gases that humans release make up less than 1% of all the green house gases on the planet. Even if we stopped using machines that release gases, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Finally, I'm not saying that global warming doesn't exist. *I am saying that the stuff that you hear about humans being the main reason of global warming is false.

Iplay2winIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
silentninjaX

Post Thanks / Like
silentninjaX is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Global Warming

Ok then so your telling me the sun is the biggest cause for this and we haven't contributed a big part to this? I think your wrong if you watch documentaries and the news you will see that as the years go on the more CO2 levels rise due to human activity. As a result of that weather is now out-of-whack. Just like snake I live in New York and I experienced this cold weather for a long period of time up to 2 days ago. Bottom line if we don't do something fast we will have all sealed our fates.

silentninjaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #20
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

of course the biggest cause is the sun, how else would we get the heat to begin with. however the sun gotta be kept under control via the atmosphere and ice sheets. i just did a lil background research to see if any of the dumb one's words can hold water.

http://www.friendsofscience.org/pict...xt/causes2.gif

this chart shows me something that i actually heard about a while back but the show said nothing about a link between this and global warming. mind you, the sun's outer layer is 6,000C (11,000F).

this is much more complex than i thought. imma have something typed up tonight.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Iplay2winIsHere @ April 24 2007,16:20)]the reason behind "global warming" may be the sun. *I can't explain it in detail since I'm not an expert in the field. *But the experts who study that kind of thing noticed that the sun is giving off more of whatever the sun gives off. *Basically, we can't do anything to stop the climate change.

Plus: Some people have said that the extra greenhouse gases cause the higher temperatures. *Well, they're wrong. *Yes, the temperatures are rising, but carbon dioxide is not causing the higher temperatures. *If you look back to records in the past that show data of temperature and carbon dioxide content, then you'll notice that the temperature rises first, then the carbon dioxide level rises years later. *That shows that it is not the high level of gases that cause the higher temperatures, but it may actually be the higher temperatures that cause the higher levels of gas.

The gases that humans release make up less than 1% of all the green house gases on the planet. Even if we stopped using machines that release gases, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Finally, I'm not saying that global warming doesn't exist. *I am saying that the stuff that you hear about humans being the main reason of global warming is false.
your ignorant...and i never sayd it was co2...its cfs or something like that..its the burning of fossil fuels

and no the sun cant release more sun rays...girl how long u think humans been on earth? less then 10 thousand years...so get out of here with your small knowledge...humans are the solety responsible for this...dont blame it on animals/sun...u dont see the animals making fire or riding cars...and u sure dont think the sun does that either...its sustain on fission which btw is better then burning coal/fossil fuels...but its radioactive so the government and such dont want that...never seen spider man 2...learn from da stuff u watch/see/hear

heres how global warming works:

sun releases energy that travels to earth, mercury, venus, and mars (the other planets receive too lilttle); this energy travels space as sun rays(ultra rays are the cancerous that are usually deflected by the ozone layer...which is also being destroyed; so next time u go to da beach to soak in the sun think bout this) any how it reaches either enters the atomosphere and is reflected by the hemisphere so that earth isnt overheated...but in between the atmosphere and hemisphere forms this gas call cfs(im if its spell like this) and entraps the heat...with no where to go...where else u think all this energy goes? exactly earth absorbs the heat creating higher temperatures

and u sayd" the sun giving off more of whater the sun releases"

if this was true..then u wouldnt think mars would be a hotter place? but NO its not

and with that sayd...u been proven wrong

and the i dont care im not gonna be here stuff...well your children are...unlessu dont have any
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #22
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

sunspots, orbital shifts, methane gases, warmer ocean waters, depleting ice sheets, all of it makes sense now.

when it comes to the earth's tilt in its orbit, its always said to be 23.5 degrees tipped from an absolute veritcal slope. however, think about it; has it always been 23.5 degrees for 4.5,000,000,000 years? Milutin Milankovitch did research on that and calculated that the tilt changes between 22.1 and 24.5 within a cycle of about 41,000 years. When the tilt is less summers are cooler and winters milder. When the tilt is greater the seasons are more extreme. theres one cause explained, the tilt varies and shifts itself around, but i still feel this does not explain the late seasonal changes in accordance with the calendar.

iplay2win is right about the CO2 gases, temperatures rises but CO2 gases lag behind. when i saw the charts, i quickly thought of the other gas melting ice and the ass of a cow gives off: methane. this greenhouse gas is a more heavier blanket than CO2, it can be far worst than carbon dioxide because its 20 times stronger. the ice sheets in the poles has trapped high concentration of methane within themselves, but with the poles melting faster than expected, can you imagine the sudden vertical climb that follows? i believe enough of the gas has escape to do what we thought carbon dioxide was doing all alone right now. this is what other scientist may have thought of when life dating back 251 million years died out, methane may have been the driving force in previous catastrophic changes of the earth's climate, where 95 percent of marine species and 70 percent of land species were lost in - geologically speaking - the blink of an eye.

i wonder if the dinosaurs suffered a same fate, if that asteriod triggered similar effects or did nothing. but in today's world, deforestation is playing a leading role into this as well. because theres less trees to catch the CO2 and what we havent chopped down can only do so much, enough has leaked into the air to melt the ice sheets to release enough methane to help speed up the process. make alot of sense since large acres of trees were cut down starting back from the 1800s.

now sunspots are tricky to know about. according to what i read and what i can sum up, the sunspots vary the energy output of the sun. more sunspots: more energy output. less sunspots: less energy output. in the 1600s, a little ice age formed itself because the sunspot cycle nearly disappeared. but this cant be proven all the way because of lack of evidence. we barely know about sunspots to begin with, still too damn mysterious to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Roughly 55 million years ago, ocean pH levels dropped drastically and global temperatures rapidly rose over 5 degrees C. The resolution of available proxy records indicates that this occurred in a period of time no longer than 5K years; it's not possible to know if it happened even faster. The likely cause was massive releases of methane from the ocean floors, perhaps due to some smaller warming or changes in sea level. It took over 100K years for the ocean, atmosphere, and temperatures to return to their previous state. The result was a mass extinction event that took millions of years to recover from.
i quoted this because they arent my words and i dont feel like reprhasing. but its another possible cause.

so, bottom line in my mege long global warming post, theres much more than what we were told, now i feel a conspiracy coming along. this is much more serious than we thought. forget the flooding, almost all life on earth could be gased to death.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #23
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

solid snake thank u...some one smart atleast bringing facts not just meths...good good i know it was a gas...methane is released by spray cans...or they were dont know now though
Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #24
Iplay2winIsHere

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2winIsHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ZERO~GS @ April 24 2007,18:36)]your ignorant...and i never sayd it was co2...its cfs or something like that..its the burning of fossil fuels

and no the sun cant release more sun rays...girl how long u think humans been on earth? less then 10 thousand years...so get out of here with your small knowledge...humans are the solety responsible for this...dont blame it on animals/sun...u dont see the animals making fire or riding cars...and u sure dont think the sun does that either...its sustain on fission which btw is better then burning coal/fossil fuels...but its radioactive so the government and such dont want that...never seen spider man 2...learn from da stuff u watch/see/hear
actually, the amount of radiation that the sun gives off constantly changes. *The higher the radiation, the hotter the sun is.

scientists witnessed a 0.2% change in the amount of radiation given off. The sun has even been witnessed to give off as much as 0.4% in short amounts.

This change in radiation may explain why the earth has been getting warmer.

The Chinese academy of Sciences claims that the suns radius has shrunk 410 kilometers since 1715. The shrinking of the sun would cause a higher solar temperature and increased solar radiation.

and, CO2 is a greenhouse gas. If you're talking about the burning of fossil fuels, then you must be talking about greenhouse gases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Daily states that every 11 years the sun goes though an event called the Solar Maximum. *During the Solar Maximum the number of sun spots on the sun increase. *The sun spots result in making the sun hotter and giving off more radiation. *Every cycle the Solar Maximum is a different temperature. There was a period of time known as Maunder Minimum from 1650 to 1700. During this time period seeing a sunspot was rare. This indicated that the sun was going through a cooling period. This cooling period of the sun coincided with the cooling period of the earth known as the Little Ice Age.
this coincides with what solidsnake said.

Iplay2winIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #25
ZERO~GS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

nice dat u see it my way iwintoplay...good for u