SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crisis in the Canadian Education System Son RaNdOm iNsAnItY 4 05-09-2009 12:24 AM
Crisis in the Canadian Education System? Metalcan General 5 05-08-2009 07:18 PM
Global Warming: Water Wars SolidSnake76 General 1 08-28-2007 07:50 PM
Metal gear solid:2 substance crisis pc Kp-kikashi General 1 12-05-2006 10:51 PM

Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2656
SolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really nice
Default Currency Wars: The next global crisis?

Finished reading this book yesterday:

http://www.currencywarsbook.com/about-the-book/

Its a real eye opener into the unknown that actually affects ours lives without us knowing until its too late. the author, James Rickards, discusses a series of events starting as far back as the late 1800s up to today that has a profound and damaging effect on the global markets that exist today and nation's economies that will fall like dominoes one after the other. If anyone has been paying attention to Greece and the meltdown of the eurozone, then you got an idea of what im talking about.

In a brief summary, what Rickards discuss is how abandonment of the gold standard and creating the monetary system we all know and live by today with fiat currency is triggering collapse of such graphic proportions, the effects and aftermath can easily dwarf the immediate outcome of the great depression. And if we, the united states that is, dont turn back now and reverse the damage dealt out by past leaders, the US dollar will be so utterly useless, you cant even use it in the states, much less have it retain its position as a reserve currency worldwide.

Quote:
As James Rickards argues in Currency Wars, this is more than just a concern for economists and investors. The United States is facing serious threats to its national security, from clandestine gold purchases by China to the hidden agendas of sovereign wealth funds. Greater than any single threat is the very real danger of the collapse of the dollar itself.
I've been aware of this economic crisis since the panic of 2008 but not on the scale Rickards explains in here. I want to open up a discussion about this, get additional thoughts on the future of global economy as a whole since we are all inter-connected at this stage in the game.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Crazii2TheMax

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 34
Crazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura aboutCrazii2TheMax has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Currency Wars: The next global crisis?

(Serious Mode) I noticed the same thing as well that the dollar bill is barely with anything anymore a while back. 2008 might have been the same time I noticed it. Not sure, but I do remember hearing about this. This is definitely worth looking in to. In the mood to do some researching now. Really hoping we don't have to go through a great depression. I wasn't around for the first one and I definitely don't want to be around for another one. This is definitely something everyone needs to know, 'cause I'm sure a lot of people have no idea.
There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who dont. Life's too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING.
Crazii2TheMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about

And then we'll turn to communism and start bartering for goods like they do in dozens of countries today. The majority of us will still be in the lower classes either way. Life will go on and we'll adapt if currency fails. People worry about money too much.

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe MŮĈ ♫♫
(Hado)-(King) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

to be honest people talk about debt their country has with different countries... but in reality no countries can actually pay their debt... they have become too big and thats what is drowning any currencies into oblivion... europe has done the incredible which was make it all the same... bold move and it pays off as they have the best currency up to this point.

but reality is here... the only way to pull out any country from hole they dug themselves up would be to remove such debt... i mean if all countries ackowledge the problem and simply remove the debts, all countries economy would be back on track. the problem is... that will never happen...

reality people... economic crash isn't what we're going thru... when that happen again... we're going into complete system shut down. money will not be worth a single penny. imagine the poor not changing.. middle class disappearing... riches loosing every single things they have... unless they suddently buy everything they can material wise.

soon we'll be in need of a new trade system to replace the money.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
Swiftslick

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Swiftslick is an unknown quantity at this pointSwiftslick is an unknown quantity at this pointSwiftslick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake76 View Post
Finished reading this book yesterday:

http://www.currencywarsbook.com/about-the-book/

Its a real eye opener into the unknown that actually affects ours lives without us knowing until its too late. the author, James Rickards, discusses a series of events starting as far back as the late 1800s up to today that has a profound and damaging effect on the global markets that exist today and nation's economies that will fall like dominoes one after the other. If anyone has been paying attention to Greece and the meltdown of the eurozone, then you got an idea of what im talking about.

In a brief summary, what Rickards discuss is how abandonment of the gold standard and creating the monetary system we all know and live by today with fiat currency is triggering collapse of such graphic proportions, the effects and aftermath can easily dwarf the immediate outcome of the great depression. And if we, the united states that is, dont turn back now and reverse the damage dealt out by past leaders, the US dollar will be so utterly useless, you cant even use it in the states, much less have it retain its position as a reserve currency worldwide.

I've been aware of this economic crisis since the panic of 2008 but not on the scale Rickards explains in here. I want to open up a discussion about this, get additional thoughts on the future of global economy as a whole since we are all inter-connected at this stage in the game.
You guys made my day by touching on this subject as i myself have been digging and digging since 2010 and have found out so much about this world that the common idot these days is either trying NOT to think about or are so hypnotised by this thing called Television and now "SOCIAL MEDIA" sites. let me say this again, Social media. Not Social networking anymore. Anywho just touching base on a few topics seeing as each one i could go on and on. But not to mention the effects were having on this planet for the worse. All the pollution and trash in the oceans just to name a couple.

Bump: Im just gonna have to stay away from this topic as I wont go to sleep tonight for being able to talk about these problems
Swiftslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
SolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really niceSolidSnake76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Hado)-(King) View Post
And then we'll turn to communism and start bartering for goods like they do in dozens of countries today. The majority of us will still be in the lower classes either way. Life will go on and we'll adapt if currency fails. People worry about money too much.
How is bartering apart of communism? Do you even know what communism is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
to be honest people talk about debt their country has with different countries... but in reality no countries can actually pay their debt... they have become too big and thats what is drowning any currencies into oblivion... europe has done the incredible which was make it all the same... bold move and it pays off as they have the best currency up to this point.

but reality is here... the only way to pull out any country from hole they dug themselves up would be to remove such debt... i mean if all countries ackowledge the problem and simply remove the debts, all countries economy would be back on track. the problem is... that will never happen...

reality people... economic crash isn't what we're going thru... when that happen again... we're going into complete system shut down. money will not be worth a single penny. imagine the poor not changing.. middle class disappearing... riches loosing every single things they have... unless they suddently buy everything they can material wise.

soon we'll be in need of a new trade system to replace the money.
But the 2 powderkegs in europe are greece and ireland. greece is especially the biggest fire burning to the point that they just dont know what to do next aside from taking bailouts. All of this debt bottom line is stemming from poor spending choices, especially those that fuel the military-industrial complex, and reckless management that includes Nixon's move to remove the US off the gold standard in 1971 whilst under attack from the second currency war. now the fiat money is backed by nothing, and the best solution they have is to print more money.

Of course we're not going through a economic crash, we are actually well on our way into another one like in the 1930s thanks to the carelessness of the federal reserve bank, who i hope dont get their charter renewed next year, and the greed of the banksters who got their iron grip on DC and all of europe. consider the major players china and russia are in terms of doing battle against the euro and dollar... even the IMF wants the dollar knocked out so they can introduce a new global currency that they want to out perform the dollar.

either way, a new US dollar will need to be created, we hop back on the gold standard or we enter a state worst than the depression of the 1930s.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
Badmanforever
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Badmanforever is an unknown quantity at this point

I recall my history professor said something about paper money doesnt really mean anything.
I dont know in depth about this area, but I do know what is going though. It just we cant do anything.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like

yes we can

its called a revolution

Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

there are a lot of things we can do to solve most of these problems...
the real problem as snake said, are the greedy people at the helm !
as long as people will want more money then their neigbors, the system will have a problem.
thats why were saying countries (not just ours or yours) have dug themselves holes that arebigger then the distance between US and china 10 times... we can't even speak 6 feet under, that still would be just the tip of the iceberg.

one of the thing we should do, if it was for me... would be to mix both canada and US into the same currency... actually the best would be the whole world under the same currency for that matter. but i know it wont happen... some countries will always think they'd be better off alone and then bull**** into making more money out of the others.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Currency Wars: The next global crisis?

Human greed is a damn shame, but to think if it was not for currency nothing would have ever progressed this far in development.