SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The  Michael Vick Experience Begins Zpower General 11 09-07-2009 04:04 PM
psp online GokuS2 General 18 11-16-2007 03:47 PM
Who's online on sfo jasonthekidd11 New Features 21 10-25-2006 06:24 PM
Does tournament experience help you win? J-Kwn General Comments & Strategies 15 07-28-2006 08:51 AM
Im online now bloodpack Challenges and Tournaments 1 06-24-2006 08:00 AM

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
Iplay2win
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PS3 Online Experience

Is the online service for the PS3 really as bad as you guys say?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
Demonsesshy

Post Thanks / Like
Demonsesshy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Xbox360 Destorys that system

Old 05-14-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
hB
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 57
hB is an unknown quantity at this point

PS3 online isn't up to par with Xbox online, but PS3 is in another league with the BlueRay visual factor, Xbox HD can only push graphics so far..
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 AM   #4
system4
SECTION 1 & 2 & 3 & 5 & 6

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 117
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (HellBlaze @ May 14 2008,04:44)]PS3 online isn't up to par with Xbox online, but PS3 is in another league with the BlueRay visual factor, Xbox HD can only push graphics so far..
Blueray and HD..

You have to be talking about the movie quality and not the game graphics in general, because if you are talking about the in-game graphics then you are retarded.. Sorry to say that, but both systems are eqivalent when it comes to ingame graphics.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
hB
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wow retarded? big statement...
Fact is PS3 has a bigger ball park to play in, Xbox is limited, and I'm talking about both movies and games, Opinion based? mabye, play a game on PS3 and the same one on Xbox, graphics are alot sharper on the PS3 IMO.
It's clear that the next Xbox will have BlueRay.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 AM   #6
system4

Post Thanks / Like
system4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the roughsystem4 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (HellBlaze @ May 14 2008,07:07)]Wow retarded? big statement...
Fact is PS3 has a bigger ball park to play in, Xbox is limited, and I'm talking about both movies and games, Opinion based? mabye, play a game on PS3 and the same one on Xbox, graphics are alot sharper on the PS3 IMO.
I didn't know graphics was the major issue in a game..
Especially in this generation of games.

IMO.. I prefer gameplay over graphics anyday.. A game can have the best visual in the world, but if it has crappy gameplay, then I'm not interested..

And I have to disagree with the sharper.. but I will agree with the PS3 making player and world models/entities lighter than the Xbox 360..

To stay on topic..

I prefer 360's online service more , because my cousin plays Madden 08 online over PS3 Service and I guess it was alright. Xbox 360 online service may not be free but it excels in quality and non latency issues..

Old 05-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thedesktops @ May 14 2008,06:18)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

IMO.. I prefer gameplay over graphics anyday.. A game can have the best visual in the world, but if it has crappy gameplay, then I'm not interested..
Thats the problem with today's generation: you start talking about how good a game is, the whole issue is gonna revolve around the graphics alone. People just don't care how good or bad it performs, as long as the color and pixels are all bright, flashy and just so god damn smooth. Then we can all get high and play &quot;Flashing Lights&quot; while staring at the screen all day.

I don't even wanna bother getting into video game debates anymore. If graphics are such a major issue, why not just cut the entire gameplay factor out and just compile a massive ammount of cutscenes together? That way, we can have more fun watching a movie than playing a game. Wouldn't galo or Final Fantasy be so much easier if all we had to do was push X and let the game play itself from begining to end?

sorry, kinda drifted off topic...

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
Demonsesshy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

And I have to disagree with the sharper.. but I will agree with the PS3 making player and world models/entities lighter than the Xbox 360..

To stay on topic..

I prefer 360's online service more , because my cousin plays Madden 08 online over PS3 Service and I guess it was alright. Xbox 360 online service may not be free but it excels in quality and non latency issues..
Exactly right! People who perfer sony in general are usually the people who like only good graphics games. Xbox HD is so good on GTA4 like no joke. I saw ps3 its not even that much better. Xbox360 xboxlive is so much organized I mean come on Look at the facts. Xbox 360 Plan there live plan out perfectly. I my self think the WII owns ps3. Why? The games not the graphics. Look me in the eye and tell me SuperSmashbrothers Brawl didn't sell to millions.

Ps3 is the type of system people who like fictional games. THats the way i see this, I mean come on all i ever hear about the ps3 is oh the graphics are better.

Gta4 is gonna own halo3. WHEN GTA4 IS ON XBOX360

Ps3 has graphics over Xbox360 but it's not alot its like saying.

You have to girls that like you.

Girl A. Is going to college and has a life plan and wants to be a doctor or a nurse.

Girl B. Is supermodel pretty and Is a little bit my hotter than girl A she doesnt care about what she wants to be she finds money the only way she cans...

Which 1 You choose?

XBOX360 : Girl A PS3 : GIRL B

Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Iplay2win @ May 14 2008,01:24)]Is the online service for the PS3 really as bad as you guys say?
its not the fact that its bad because its actually quite good in some games like for instance madden 08 or action-adventure games...but for it to compete with the 360 online it fails because for one 360 can hold more ppl in a game server and as of now you have a more of a varitey of xbox games rather than the ps3.....so in my opinion depends on your preference because i know some people who be like ps3 owns 360 which to me it doesnt....so you would have to make that choice and find out which one you like

Old 05-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
hB
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ May 14 2008,08:07)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Thats the problem with today's generation: you start talking about how good a game is, the whole issue is gonna revolve around the graphics alone. People just don't care how good or bad it performs, as long as the color and pixels are all bright, flashy and just so god damn smooth. Then we can all get high and play &quot;Flashing Lights&quot; while staring at the screen all day.

I don't even wanna bother getting into video game debates anymore. If graphics are such a major issue, why not just cut the entire gameplay factor out and just compile a massive ammount of cutscenes together? That way, we can have more fun watching a movie than playing a game. Wouldn't galo or Final Fantasy be so much easier if all we had to do was push X and let the game play itself from begining to end?

sorry, kinda drifted off topic...
So when it's exactly the same game, but on different consoles, can't the graphics become a factor?
Any way... PS3 online still has a long way to go in order to match Xbox Live, but I guess it's free so what can you expect..
Some of you got a bit excited when you saw the word 'Graphics' and 'Better'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Girl A. Is going to college and has a life plan and wants to be a doctor or a nurse.

Girl B. Is supermodel pretty and Is a little bit my hotter than girl A she doesnt care about what she wants to be she finds money the only way she cans...

Which 1 You choose?

XBOX360 : Girl A PS3 : GIRL B
How did you come up with that?

Old 05-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #11
Demonsesshy

Post Thanks / Like

Eveyone is saying Graphics are better on ps3 so ps3 is better

When xbox360 is right behind it and Better overall

Old 05-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Stay on topic..

Iplay asked about Online service.. Not the graphics..

If you don't stay on topic with this for now on.. This will be closed..
Old 05-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

You know what? PS3 &gt; 360.

Why? Because I SAY SO. So shut the flip up.

Now, seriously, I really don't get why you people bash the PS3 and say Xbox360 is uber better.

The 360 has perfectly fine graphics. So does the PS3. PS3 has a better control system than Xbox360. PS3 has free online gaming, meaning it's better for people who don't want to spend money every month to play something they fliping OWN.

And as for everyone saying that Xbox has better games?

What the flip are you talking about? The ONLY games Xbox have are shooters and sports games. Everything else is on PS3 AND Wii.

EDIT - Following that last statement, I mean 90% of Xbox's games that you put so highly are also on PS3 and Wii.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

The funniest thing with all of you is:

PS3 side: They have to diss XBox 360
XBox 360 side: They have to diss PS3

Hahahaha

Why the hell all 360 fans say PS3 sucks ?
Why the hell all PS3 fans say 360 sucks ?

Why can't you accept and admit that both system are good ?

Anyway,
PS3 has already won a battle:
HD out, BR won.

On topic:
I never played an Online game with a console... I can't tell.
But I would go with PS3 cuz it's free
Old 05-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #15
LiL_DRS
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 624
LiL_DRS is an unknown quantity at this point

Ps3 blows, get 360.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

Have fun wasting your money to hear 10 year olds and pedophiles scream at you. Lmao.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #17
hB
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

I got both the 360 and PS3, Xbox is fun playing with your friends, PS3 is fun owning randoms, the system works.
Plus on Xbox Live, 1 out of every 5 people has a racist remark to say, most people on PS3 online don't have a mic to talk poop with.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
Kracknino
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Kracknino is an unknown quantity at this point

PS3 online experience is great.

All of my buddy's range from 20-45 - with the exception of two who are 15-16.

Gaming with immature kids is about as lame as it gets, and the 360 is packed full of those. I should know, my little cousin has a 360 and the little ******* has a mouth that would put a sailor to shame.

I turn on my PS3, peep the web for a minute, and find a game in minutes. I download demos and games in minutes, too.

*Note - I have 20MB of speed.

I really have zero complaints about the overall online experience. It's just great for people like me.

Oh, and the graphics all look the same on my Sony Bravia's. I run the gamut from 720p-1080p (using free monster cables). Every game looks sweet, small differences are the least of my worries seeing as device reliability is at the top of MY list.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #19
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard that little kids on xbox live never shut up with their &quot;owned&quot; and &quot;pwnt&quot; etc.

I guess I could fix that by not using the headset...

Old 05-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
Vegeta
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 27
Vegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the roughVegeta is a jewel in the rough

Well ps3 i think generally aim for teens not children but i still don't get why so many kids play Halo, it's rated M and thier parents shouldn't let them get a mic just because..

hmm you say ps3 has limited players for online? please... each game in warhak can have ohh i don't know 16 players? just like in halo oh and in resistance isn't thier like up to 40 players per game?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #21
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I personally have NEVER been a fliping fan-boy. I think the SNES beats the fliping poop out of PS2. But I still play PS2 because it's what I have and I like the games on it.

I suppose that IF you like the X360 because it's cheaper, or because you have a lot of friends and it's easier to keep in touch, you should get it.

But if you're like me and don't like to waste your money, get the PS3 for the sole purpose of not having to pay every month just to play a game online.

And let's face it, every single game that's worth playing online has poopty storylines. You know it's true. Halo, COD, they all have poopty non-multiplayer levels. Maybe 1 or 2 good ones, but in the end, you buy it for one reason, online play.

And if you want to pay every month just so you can play a game like Halo, which is honestly a pointless game IMO, then you go ahead.

I'll be playing COD4 online for free when I get my PS3.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #22
AnimeGirl4evr
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
AnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enough

Oh damn.. fan boy overload in this topic.. haha.
It's all based on opinion, though from what I know the online experience on the 360 is a bit better, and the ps3 is alright.

The graphics on both systems are pretty much the same, except for the few lighting differences.

"I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name because I'm the..."
Old 05-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #23
Demonsesshy

Post Thanks / Like

Online ps3 cant match with Xbox 360s online EVEN THOUGH ITS FREE WAY MORE people play xboxlive than ps3

Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #24
system4

Post Thanks / Like

Closed.. I asked nicely only stay on topic to Iplay's question.. and not talk about the two systems other features..

It's like you guys are hard of hearing..

Closed Thread