SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Wood,
Age: 30
Posts: 4,116
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6309
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Generalization are sometimes helpful and harmful.One way it can be helpful is that it indicates what you are doing as a Race. Another way it can be dangerous is by Stereotypping. Also, it can be harmful to assume that all students are in a gang , just because two or there of them are.


is this a good way to start off an essay, especially about Generalizations and Stereotypes.
__________________


MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
jakelynch21
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: playing video sites somewhere
Age: 28
Posts: 838
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6363
jakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Well, it's straightforward.

:3

And aside from the spelling errors and grammar errors.

Like:

One way it can be helpful is that it indicates what you are doing as a Race. Another way it can be dangerous is by Stereotypping

Could be:

One way it can be helpful is that it indicates what you're doing as a race. And a way it can be dangerous is stereotyping.

'Cause you put another, and there wasn't a first dangerous way, and yeah.

But otherwise.

Si, mi amigooo. Es decent opener.
__________________
<center>
</center>
jakelynch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Wood,
Age: 30
Posts: 4,116
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6309
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Generalizations is sometimes helpful and harmful. One way Generalization is helpful is Making us, a Group of Different Dialect and Languages, come together. Another way it can be dangerous is by Stereotyping. Also, it can be harmful to assume that all students are in a gang, just because two or there of them are. Therefore, Generalizations arenít as Harmful as Stereotyping.
We, as a Body, Come together at the worst of times and also at the best of times. Say for instance: Remember 9/11, Katrina and This War on Terror Currently going on right now, They made us what we are today. No Matter What Race you are, you most likely looked and couldnít believe that was going on. Couldnít Understand why Someone would hit the World Trade Center, but it made us Greater as a Nation. Thatís Why it didnít effect us Really when it was all done.

I switched it up... i dont know if that killed it or Not.
__________________


MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
(-Impulse-)
VIP
 
(-Impulse-)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,026
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 17
Rep Power: 4881
(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough(-Impulse-) will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

is this a good way to start off an essay, especially about Generalizations and Stereotypes.

is this why you posted this?
__________________
(-Impulse-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Wood,
Age: 30
Posts: 4,116
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6309
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((TRG)spidey @ Mar. 16 2009,09:40)]is this a good way to start off an essay, especially about Generalizations and Stereotypes.

is this why you posted this?
Thats why i asked you guys.

Heres the third one:

Generalization are sometimes helpful and harmful. One way Generalization is helpful is Making us, a Group of Different Dialects and Languages, come together. And a way it can be dangerous is stereotyping. It's harmful to assume a group is a gang, because some of them are in a gang, and they hang out. Therefore, Generalizations arenít as Harmful as Stereotyping.
We, as a Body, Come together at the worst of times and also at the best of times. Say for instance: Remember 9/11, and This War on Terror currently going on right now, they made us what we are today. No Matter What Race you are, you most likely looked and couldnít believe that was going on. Then say, despite all of this crime and war, we're a tight nation, and aside from all the stereotypes and generalization. Thatís why it didnít affect us really when it was all said and done.
Stereotyping Can lead to Inevitable Trouble. An Example Would be All African Americans like rap music, and are involved in some type of illegal activity. Not All African Americans are into Dealing drugs or Breaking into Others Properties and taking their hard earned merchandise. Some Want a Honest living, Like The Majority do. A couple of Bad apples can have people think a certain way about you for life.
Itís Harmful to assume to That Just because Kenny is in a Gang, That doesnít mean that Jeremy is. This Type of Scenario Goes On daily. This also hurts Jeremy Chance of Getting a Job. So, this makes him Have to Go and Get money anyway possible to eat. Thatís why I think we should stop judging people Because Jeremy might be the Person to pull off the impossible, but by him hanging around the wrong persons, it literally messed his chances up.
__________________


MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
jakelynch21
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: playing video sites somewhere
Age: 28
Posts: 838
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6363
jakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enoughjakelynch21 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Wow.

Lol grammar?

Generalization is sometimes helpful and harmful. One way generalization is helpful is making us, a group of different dialects and languages, come together. And a way it can be dangerous is stereotyping. It's harmful to assume a group is a gang, because some of them are in a gang, and they hang out. Therefore, generalizations arenít as harmful as stereotyping is.
We, as a Body, come together at the worst of times and also at the best of times. Say for instance: Remember 9/11? and also, this War on Terror currently going on right now? They made us what we are today. No matter what race you are, you most likely looked and couldnít believe that was going on. I must say, despite all of this crime and war, we're a tight nation, and aside from all the stereotypes and generalization. Thatís why it didnít affect us really when it was all said and done.
Stereotyping can lead to inevitable trouble. An example would be all African Americans like rap music, and are involved in some type of illegal activity. Not all African Americans are into dealing drugs or breaking into others properties and taking their hard-earned merchandise. Some want a honest living, like the majority does. A couple of bad apples can have people think a certain way about you for life.
Itís harmful to assume to that just because Kenny is in a gang, that Jeremy is. This type of scenario goes on daily. This also hurts Jeremy's chance of getting a job. So, this makes him have to go and get money in any possible way possible to eat.
Thatís why I think we should stop judging people. Jeremy might be the person to pull off the impossible, but by him hanging around the wrong people, it literally messes his chances up to become something great.

--

Lolyou'rewelcome.
__________________
<center>
</center>
jakelynch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Wood,
Age: 30
Posts: 4,116
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 6309
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Generalization is sometimes helpful and harmful. One way generalization is helpful is making us, a group of different dialects and languages, come together. And a way it can be dangerous is stereotyping. It's harmful to assume a group is a gang, because some of them are in a gang, and they hang out. Therefore, generalizations arenít as harmful as stereotyping is.
We, as a Body, come together at the worst of times and also at the best of times. Say for instance: Remember 9/11? And also, this War on Terror currently going on right now? They made us what we are today. No matter what race you are, you most likely looked and couldnít believe that was going on. I must say, despite all of this crime and war, we're a tight nation, and aside from all the stereotypes and generalization. Thatís why it didnít affect us really when it was all said and done.
Stereotyping can lead to inevitable trouble. An example would be all African Americans like rap music, and are involved in some type of illegal activity. Not all African Americans are into dealing drugs or breaking into others properties and taking their hard-earned merchandise. Some want a honest living, like the majority does. A couple of bad apples can have people think a certain way about you for life.
Itís harmful to assume to that just because Kenny is in a gang , that Jeremy is. This type of scenario goes on daily. This also hurts Jeremy's chance of getting a job. So, this makes him have to go and get money in any possible way possible to eat.
Thatís why I think we should stop judging people. Jeremy might be the person to pull off the impossible, but by him hanging around the wrong people, it literally messes his chances up to become something great.
Those were my thoughts on Generalization. Helping us come together when we cant stand our neighbors. We came together when 9/11, because it hit home. Some of us have relatives that live up there. It affected us mentally and physically, but we still got over it as a country. African Americans are always and probably will be fore while, criticized for the Lyrics and Music that some rappers put out. Some say that those lyrics can make other go out there and inflict harm to someone. Same Could Be said about Rock N roll, Heavy Metal and Grim. Honestly, Music Cant Pick up a Gun and Shoot anyone. Only a Person can. People need to stop judging Music like that. In addition, Just because Kennyís in a gang and Jeremy hangs around him doesnít mean that Jeremyís in a gang. These were my thoughts about all of this Corruption in the world.
__________________


MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
dj_hussla
VIP
 
dj_hussla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: west philly
Age: 28
Posts: 1,334
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 5282
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
__________________
RETIRED
dj_hussla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP
 
(F-K)dark~ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: los angeles california
Age: 26
Posts: 914
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,19:29)]nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
GB and The Soviet Union(Russia) never were actually enemies...

Don't forget Russia was GB,France, and the U.S.'s ally in WWI, GB and the other allied powers just disagreed with Stalin's tactics, he killed more people than Hitler did for the sake of the government.

And MEGA, make sure your thesis statement relates to your body paragraphs, don't stress out on an essay that's not even correct, when you can make it so simple AND proper. You speak of stereotyping, make a full body paragraph about that, also about assuming one person of a group makes the whole group like them, make that body paragraph two. But about the one or two students being in a gang, that's really not the best way to go about it, not too many people assume a whole classroom is filled with gang members becuase one is. Your message about generallizing a group from one person should be in terms of a race, or a certain area, not in the classroom. And you don't have a hook, make a hook. Something like:

&quot;Have you ever gone into an unfamiliar place and was looked at strange?&quot;
Or
&quot;One rotten apple doesn't make the tree bad.&quot;

Hope I helped.
__________________

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #10
dj_hussla
VIP
 
dj_hussla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: west philly
Age: 28
Posts: 1,334
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 5282
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((F-K)dark~ace @ Mar. 16 2009,23:52)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,19:29)]nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
GB and The Soviet Union(Russia) never were actually enemies...

Don't forget Russia was GB,France, and the U.S.'s ally in WWI, GB and the other allied powers just disagreed with Stalin's tactics, he killed more people than Hitler did for the sake of the government.

And MEGA, make sure your thesis statement relates to your body paragraphs, don't stress out on an essay that's not even correct, when you can make it so simple AND proper. You speak of stereotyping, make a full body paragraph about that, also about assuming one person of a group makes the whole group like them, make that body paragraph two. But about the one or two students being in a gang, that's really not the best way to go about it, not too many people assume a whole classroom is filled with gang members becuase one is. Your message about generallizing a group from one person should be in terms of a race, or a certain area, not in the classroom. And you don't have a hook, make a hook. Something like:

&quot;Have you ever gone into an unfamiliar place and was looked at strange?&quot;
Or
&quot;One rotten apple doesn't make the tree bad.&quot;

Hope I helped.
Russia was Great Britian, are you crazy how can you tell me im going to collage for a History Major next year.

let me Break it down for you

Hitler blamed the Jews for everything so he wanted to kill all of them in Europe so the Nazis and Italy invaded France and took over after they invaded Poland so they could have more land because they lost it for starting WWI. After that the U.S. stop giving Japan Metal and Oil because they was going to join Italy and Germany in the war to help Germany to take over Great Britian in witch the U.S. was allied with. After that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and killed thousands of people. Then Great Britian, U.S. and Soviet Union allied to tyake down Hitler(Mind you that Soviet Union in on the other side of Poland, Poland seperated the Germans from the Soviet)



__________________
RETIRED
dj_hussla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer
 
masterbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,911
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
Rep Power: 6472
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice
Default Re: Generalization.

*facepalm*
__________________
masterbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP
 
(F-K)dark~ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: los angeles california
Age: 26
Posts: 914
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Generalization.

All of the outside information you just said, I already knew, I'm also a history major. Russia was never an enemy of Great Britain. Stalin's ideas were disagreed with by GB, but they were never necessarily enemys. And you forgot some major details, like what exactly Hitler blamed the jews for(The loss of WWI). And no Russia wasn't great britain, whatever that meant.

Please don't try to challenge me about the knowledge of both the causes and effects of WWI and WWII, including the before-hand rape of nanking(which was the deal with japan invading manchuria first), or when Italy invaded Ethiopia, becuase you'd surely lose.
__________________

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
asshole
 
asshole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Age: 33
Posts: 4,586
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 7394
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Generalization.

I remember back when I was still in High School, I used to have TarkanX do all my papers. Lol. The dude is brilliant. Because of him I NEVER got lower than an A. Well, on the papers he did. Lol.
__________________
[Do not share your account again. Do not remove this reminder from the signature. -TitaniumFist]

=[
asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP
 
(F-K)dark~ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: los angeles california
Age: 26
Posts: 914
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ Mar. 16 2009,21:44)]I remember back when I was still in High School, I used to have TarkanX do all my papers. Lol. The dude is brilliant. Because of him I NEVER got lower than an A. Well, on the papers he did. Lol.
LOL
__________________

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #15
Patrick Bateman
VIP
 
Patrick Bateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LA, California
Age: 26
Posts: 2,660
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 122
Rep Power: 4628
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,18:14)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((F-K)dark~ace @ Mar. 16 2009,23:52)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,19:29)]nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
GB and The Soviet Union(Russia) never were actually enemies...

Don't forget Russia was GB,France, and the U.S.'s ally in WWI, GB and the other allied powers just disagreed with Stalin's tactics, he killed more people than Hitler did for the sake of the government.

And MEGA, make sure your thesis statement relates to your body paragraphs, don't stress out on an essay that's not even correct, when you can make it so simple AND proper. You speak of stereotyping, make a full body paragraph about that, also about assuming one person of a group makes the whole group like them, make that body paragraph two. But about the one or two students being in a gang, that's really not the best way to go about it, not too many people assume a whole classroom is filled with gang members becuase one is. Your message about generallizing a group from one person should be in terms of a race, or a certain area, not in the classroom. And you don't have a hook, make a hook. Something like:

&quot;Have you ever gone into an unfamiliar place and was looked at strange?&quot;
Or
&quot;One rotten apple doesn't make the tree bad.&quot;

Hope I helped.
Russia was Great Britian, are you crazy how can you tell me im going to collage for a History Major next year.

let me Break it down for you

Hitler blamed the Jews for everything so he wanted to kill all of them in Europe so the Nazis and Italy invaded France and took over after they invaded Poland so they could have more land because they lost it for starting WWI. After that the U.S. stop giving Japan Metal and Oil because they was going to join Italy and Germany in the war to help Germany to take over Great Britian in witch the U.S. was allied with. After that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and killed thousands of people. Then Great Britian, U.S. and Soviet Union allied to tyake down Hitler(Mind you that Soviet Union in on the other side of Poland, Poland seperated the Germans from the Soviet)
You're going to an image to become a History Major next year? o_o
I think you meant *college*.

@ Asshole: He really did them? LMAO
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #16
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP
 
(F-K)dark~ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: los angeles california
Age: 26
Posts: 914
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Generalization.

^lolz I didn't think anyone else caught that.
__________________

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
dj_hussla
VIP
 
dj_hussla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: west philly
Age: 28
Posts: 1,334
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 5282
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Strider26 @ Mar. 17 2009,03:04)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,18:14)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((F-K)dark~ace @ Mar. 16 2009,23:52)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,19:29)]nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
GB and The Soviet Union(Russia) never were actually enemies...

Don't forget Russia was GB,France, and the U.S.'s ally in WWI, GB and the other allied powers just disagreed with Stalin's tactics, he killed more people than Hitler did for the sake of the government.

And MEGA, make sure your thesis statement relates to your body paragraphs, don't stress out on an essay that's not even correct, when you can make it so simple AND proper. You speak of stereotyping, make a full body paragraph about that, also about assuming one person of a group makes the whole group like them, make that body paragraph two. But about the one or two students being in a gang, that's really not the best way to go about it, not too many people assume a whole classroom is filled with gang members becuase one is. Your message about generallizing a group from one person should be in terms of a race, or a certain area, not in the classroom. And you don't have a hook, make a hook. Something like:

&quot;Have you ever gone into an unfamiliar place and was looked at strange?&quot;
Or
&quot;One rotten apple doesn't make the tree bad.&quot;

Hope I helped.
Russia was Great Britian, are you crazy how can you tell me im going to collage for a History Major next year.

let me Break it down for you

Hitler blamed the Jews for everything so he wanted to kill all of them in Europe so the Nazis and Italy invaded France and took over after they invaded Poland so they could have more land because they lost it for starting WWI. After that the U.S. stop giving Japan Metal and Oil because they was going to join Italy and Germany in the war to help Germany to take over Great Britian in witch the U.S. was allied with. After that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and killed thousands of people. Then Great Britian, U.S. and Soviet Union allied to tyake down Hitler(Mind you that Soviet Union in on the other side of Poland, Poland seperated the Germans from the Soviet)
You're going to an image to become a History Major next year? o_o
I think you meant *college*.

@ Asshole: He really did them? LMAO
i was in a rush. ok your right i dont have time to fight over somthing that happened over 100 years ago
__________________
RETIRED
dj_hussla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Killer
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 7,581
Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Rep Power: 0
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Generalization.

100 = hyperbole.

why is Nazi Germany and the Allies/Axis being brought up anyway?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
dj_hussla
VIP
 
dj_hussla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: west philly
Age: 28
Posts: 1,334
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 5282
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (thevipkiller @ Mar. 17 2009,18:16)]100 = hyperbole.

why is Nazi Germany and the Allies/Axis being brought up anyway?
to show how the United States and Soviet union set their differance aside to take down Hitler
__________________
RETIRED
dj_hussla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #20
(F-K)dark~ace
VIP
 
(F-K)dark~ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: los angeles california
Age: 26
Posts: 914
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 0
(F-K)dark~ace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Generalization.

^ ahh you see...differences...thet had *differences* never hatred...
__________________

(F-K)dark~ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #21
Killer
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 7,581
Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Rep Power: 0
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Generalization.

but what does that have to do with generalization?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #22
Patrick Bateman
VIP
 
Patrick Bateman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LA, California
Age: 26
Posts: 2,660
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 122
Rep Power: 4628
Patrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enoughPatrick Bateman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 17 2009,11:31)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Strider26 @ Mar. 17 2009,03:04)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,18:14)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((F-K)dark~ace @ Mar. 16 2009,23:52)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dj_hussla @ Mar. 16 2009,19:29)]nice job put in what happened in World War II when the U.S. , Great Britian came together with their enemy Soviet Union to take down Hitler and the Nazis
GB and The Soviet Union(Russia) never were actually enemies...

Don't forget Russia was GB,France, and the U.S.'s ally in WWI, GB and the other allied powers just disagreed with Stalin's tactics, he killed more people than Hitler did for the sake of the government.

And MEGA, make sure your thesis statement relates to your body paragraphs, don't stress out on an essay that's not even correct, when you can make it so simple AND proper. You speak of stereotyping, make a full body paragraph about that, also about assuming one person of a group makes the whole group like them, make that body paragraph two. But about the one or two students being in a gang, that's really not the best way to go about it, not too many people assume a whole classroom is filled with gang members becuase one is. Your message about generallizing a group from one person should be in terms of a race, or a certain area, not in the classroom. And you don't have a hook, make a hook. Something like:

&quot;Have you ever gone into an unfamiliar place and was looked at strange?&quot;
Or
&quot;One rotten apple doesn't make the tree bad.&quot;

Hope I helped.
Russia was Great Britian, are you crazy how can you tell me im going to collage for a History Major next year.

let me Break it down for you

Hitler blamed the Jews for everything so he wanted to kill all of them in Europe so the Nazis and Italy invaded France and took over after they invaded Poland so they could have more land because they lost it for starting WWI. After that the U.S. stop giving Japan Metal and Oil because they was going to join Italy and Germany in the war to help Germany to take over Great Britian in witch the U.S. was allied with. After that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and killed thousands of people. Then Great Britian, U.S. and Soviet Union allied to tyake down Hitler(Mind you that Soviet Union in on the other side of Poland, Poland seperated the Germans from the Soviet)
You're going to an image to become a History Major next year? o_o
I think you meant *college*.

@ Asshole: He really did them? LMAO
i was in a rush. ok your right i dont have time to fight over somthing that happened over 100 years ago
Then you're always in a rush.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
Killer
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 7,581
Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Rep Power: 0
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Generalization.



i don't get the joke. who's gonna answer why the politics of WW2 is being brought up in a topic abou generalization?

they don't match @ all?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
dj_hussla
VIP
 
dj_hussla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: west philly
Age: 28
Posts: 1,334
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rep Power: 5282
dj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enoughdj_hussla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((F-K)dark~ace @ Mar. 17 2009,21:17)]^ ahh you see...differences...thet had *differences* never hatred...
yea and thet is how you spell that
__________________
RETIRED
dj_hussla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #25
Killer
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 7,581
Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Rep Power: 0
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: Generalization.

you both spelt &quot;That&quot; wrong

will someone answer? or will i have to assume the average PX member has A.D.D.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump



Bookmarks

Tags
generalization

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi