Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
DwAyN3
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Working Out

What are the best workouts you can do for both upper body and lower body?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
MegaDarkness is an unknown quantity at this point

for upper i say pullups maybe O_o

*Edit*
or curls wit a bar weight around 50 and up on it..

Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

candy pushups for both categories
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

You trying to lose weight or get big?
There are different workouts for both.

Also, what do you have to work with? Any kind of presses(machines, like at a gym) or just your house?

=[
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
(DH)Legionare
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(DH)Legionare is an unknown quantity at this point

pushups forget about the arms chicks love the six pack

Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

set up a target goal of 40 push ups in 1 rep

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 05-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ May 06 2009,13:39)]You trying to lose weight or get big?

Also, what do you have to work with? Any kind of presses(machines, like at a gym) or just your house?
trying to get big

and its my house

@ Solid - 40 push ups 1 rep? anymore
Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

make sure u eat plain peanut butter sandwhiches... them poops work manye

i went from 119 to 140 in like 2 months
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Im 137 and i eat alot, dont gain any pounds lol.. trying to reach 150
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #10
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

same here man... im like unable to gain pounds no matter how much I eat, but im telling you 3 pb sandwhiches a day and you will up your weight in no time
Old 05-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #11
SolidSnake76
Master

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DwAyN3 @ May 06 2009,14:25)]@ Solid - 40 push ups 1 rep? anymore
i know alot of people that cant go past 10

if you're one of those people, you got work to do....

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
Old 05-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

i can do 70 in 1 rep.. used 2 b 100 but i got lazy...
Old 05-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

ahah im gonna try that since i i luv pb
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SolidSnake76 @ May 06 2009,15:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DwAyN3 @ May 06 2009,14:25)]@ Solid - 40 push ups 1 rep? anymore
i know alot of people that cant go past 10

if you're one of those people, you got work to do....
thanks i'll see what i can do
Old 05-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

you have access to any weights?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DwAyN3 @ May 06 2009,15:37)]Im 137 and i eat alot, dont gain any pounds lol.. trying to reach 150
What do you eat?
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
asshole

Post Thanks / Like
asshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the roughasshole is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DwAyN3 @ May 06 2009,15:25)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (asshole @ May 06 2009,13:39)]You trying to lose weight or get big?

trying to get big

and its my house

@ Solid - 40 push ups 1 rep? anymore
Bro, you wanna get big? It's not gonna happen just from working out. Your diet and supplements are just as important, if not more. You need one gram of protein for every pound you weigh, and eat a LOT of carbs and fiber.

Well since you don't have any access to weights, then here's what I recommend you do:
#1, go online (or GNC if you got lotsa money to spend) and buy you some nice protein powder. I take Nitro-Tech Hardcore (it's 34 grams of protein in a shake.) Don't worry about taking creatine as of right now. You should, normally, wait about 5-6 months and work out hard before even thinking of taking that. It messes you up if you don't (headaches, nausea, dizzy-ness, etc..)

#2, set a schedule for yourself. Focus on different parts of the area for each day. My schedule is:
Mon - chest,
Tues - back (upper and lower),
Wed - tri's and bi's (and forearm.. since you can't grow biceps without having any forearms),
Thur - legs
Fri - shoulders and traps.

You don't have to follow my schedule. I just do mine that way because it's more convenient for me. I'm usually too crud-faced on the weekends to want to work out, but what most people do is.. they workout Monday, Tuesday and take Wednesday off and then workout Thursday, Friday and Saturday and take Sunday off. (I wish I could do that.)

Now for your exercises. Since you don't have any weights, this is going to be a little tough on you. You can only do so much, with Calisthenics (exercises using only your body and very minimal stuff.)

I'd say for chest, you can do a variety of push-ups. 3 sets of everything. about 20-30 reps. Start with regular push-ups, then put your feet on a chair or something, do that for 3 sets. (damn.. that's about it.. without any weights.. lol.. I never realized how important weights are until just now.)
Yeah, I REALLY recommend you get you some free dumbbells (free means where you can change the weights on 'em.)
Once you get those, you can do chest fly's, laying down chest-fly's, dumbbell bench press, inclined dumbbell bench press, declined dumbbell bench press. MANY more. Get you some.

For back, you can do 3 sets of 10 reps each pull ups. (90 pull ups total of three different types of pull ups.)
Start with wide grip pull ups, with your hand-palms facing away from you. Then do chin-ups, and then do close grip ones. And many other back exercises.

Damn.. I'm too tired to type the rest of this.. haha I didn't think it would be so much work. I'll pick up here tomorrow.

But basically, #1 diet, #2 schedule.

=[
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #18
MegaDarkness
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

^ next billy blanks
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

"40 push ups 1 rep"

what's a "rep"
Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #20
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

in one go...

40 push ups wifout stopping is a rep...

A rep can be any number...you just have to do them continuously.

20 reps of 10 push ups would be a 200 push ups with some breaks in between...each 10...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:26 AM   #21
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ May 07 2009,01:53)]in one go...

40 push ups wifout stopping is a rep...

A rep can be any number...you just have to do them continuously.

20 reps of 10 push ups would be a 200 push ups with some breaks in between...each 10...
You mean 20 reps of 10 sets, of push-ups.
Yeah a rep is how many you do.

Like I were to say "hey do 3 sets of 15 reps", I would want you to do 15 of whatever I ask you to do, three different times.

=[
Old 05-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #22
Elena
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Thanks for reiterating the fact because I'm sure she didn't understand it when I explained it...

v_v
Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #23
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

ty hole
Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #24
asshole

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ May 07 2009,12:21)]Thanks for reiterating the fact because I'm sure she didn't understand it when I explained it...

v_v
You're welcome.

=[
Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #25
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 19
evryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enough
Visit evryoung8998's Twitter

Go to your local GNC and get protein shakes. Just build up on that fiber

"Dewd, you're like a man whore"- azncat
Closed Thread