Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default What's your job?

just a general thread to see what people actually do for work/study in real life. I'll start first.

Currently running a family owned bakery in Australia. No added sugar cos i'm sweet enough, and yes I do have nice buns... i've heard all the jokes.

before that I was a police officer for about a year.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
flamesz
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What's your job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyArse View Post
just a general thread to see what people actually do for work/study in real life. I'll start first.

Currently running a family owned bakery in Australia. No added sugar cos i'm sweet enough, and yes I do have nice buns... i've heard all the jokes.

before that I was a police officer for about a year.
i don't want to get into ur personal life but why did u stop being a police officer if you can't tell it understand able

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

too much politics
and way too many rules to follow.

I much prefer being my own boss
If i want to take a day off I don't need to fill out a ton of paperwork and wait for it to be approved.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
(-SpideyKing-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 359
(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough(-SpideyKing-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
too much politics

I much prefer being my own boss
If i want to take a day off I don't need to fill out a ton of paperwork and wait for it to be approved.
Being your own boss sounds good to me lol. Nobody gonna tell you what to do xD.

I'm currently studying at University, going into my 3rd and final year of my degree, studying in computing and mathematical sciences. Doing allot of multimedia things, such as website designing/creation, games, programming, filming etc.

WWT3 1st Place Champion
(-SpideyKing-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
(-RyulorD-)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about(-RyulorD-) has a spectacular aura about
Visit (-RyulorD-)'s YouTube

@xfaderx.. a fellow aussie lolz, not sure if I knew that.

anyhow im a payroll team leader who have 5 ppl working under me, the weird thing is when i started out some of these people were my supervisors and now I am theirs. Its strange how things work out.

A challenge for me is changing attitudes of the more older ppl who report to me, they dont like a young person telling them what to do.

but all in all its a great job, cant wait for that big lotto win and retire young and early lolz.
(-RyulorD-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 175
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

Yeah thats what im aiming for lol working making someone else rich is not my style.

Im currently in school for cosmetology i basicly go to school and get paid to work in the salon i do nail hair feet and i cut hair lol i can do it all.

Hopefully one day i can own my own shop hehe still got a long way to go.
LadyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #7
ChazyFresh
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 65
ChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this point

Graduated with my bachelors in computer networking from Penn State. Got my CCNA, MCIP, and Citrix certifications. I now work for a medical imaging company as the I.T. manager. Basically maintaining servers, VM's, monitoring & troubleshooting our VPN's/network, and going to our customer sites for new installs and maintenance. I'm going to Guam in 7 weeks for a new install at a local hospital. 3rd world country ish!
ChazyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
SmokinAces

Post Thanks / Like
SmokinAces is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm currently studying international private rights/ competition law in Germany. My main topic is the antitrust law. I also was abroad to study in Paris for a while. I'm not sure though if i want to work as a lawyer or as a consultant...
SmokinAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 189
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

I clean the house on Saturdays and mow the lawn on Fridays.

Bank, son.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

lol - interesting. I wanna read more...
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Today : working at the shrine notre-dame du cap as a security guard.
before : i pretyt much tryed many things, was working at metro. i worked for a few computer business, but they all ended up throwing me away for really stupid reasons.

in all seriousness, you dont do a job you hate, you do it for what it brings you and i'm not speaking of money. because even though money is a good thing at first it will decline real fast motivation wise. and now i just love my job... sometimes i wish i wasn't working day shifts, but other times i'm just glad to have to. great deal for me.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Juzie

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 157
Juzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the roughJuzie is a jewel in the rough

I work on campus in the Physics/Math Clinic. Student go there to get help on their homework. I'm one of the tutors.
I also work part time at a design firm which does graphical design, interior design, architecture, web, etc. Interned there a long time ago and got the job there while still in school. Last semester coming up this fall (:
Juzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
-AlphaRiku-
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 841
-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough-AlphaRiku- is a jewel in the rough

I run a sex addict facilitation

Clan Battle Record 121-6
6 Tournament Winner Titles
-AlphaRiku- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

oh so that's why you and Dante hang out!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #15
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

I'm a college student in the UK (college is not the same as university in UK), studying:
  • English Law
  • Psychology
  • Business
  • ICT
Currently graduating at Advanced Level (A-Level). After college I'm going to go university, although I don't feel like leaving college!!!

^ Thanks estset.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
ChazyFresh
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
ChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this pointChazyFresh is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the difference between college and university in UK?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #17
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-)

Post Thanks / Like
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazyFresh View Post
Whats the difference between college and university in UK?
In UK, we receive different certificated qualifications than in the US; therefore there are several factors which are different.

In UK, at High School we are graded with GCSE level qualifications (which are mandatory via English Law - we have to go to high school). We leave High School at the age of 16.

We can optionally continue our education on further at Advanced Level (A-Level), which is a lot harder and a bigger step up than GCSE. A-Level education is provided for free by the Government via our taxes. A-Level students usually range from ages of 16-19, although I will be leaving college at 18, and so will majority of the other students, as I (and they) will hopefully get the grades they want the first time. If they don't, then they have to resit the year, hence why they may leave at 19.

However, at college you do not have to get A-Level qualifications, you can get all other types (which are easier IMO), such as Apprenticeships (where you actually try the job you want out, and the employer reports back to the college with the student's progress).

After college, there comes University. Unlike all other education within UK, you have to pay for University, which initially costs 9,000 ($14,375) to get in (due to the new Government legislation). At University is where you graduate and I believe it lasts approximately 3 years, depending on the course.

Haha' sorry to type so much.. didn't know I had it in me.

Some things you may want to take a look at briefly:

^ Thanks estset.

Last edited by (-ObNoXiOuS-1-); 06-25-2011 at 03:48 PM.
(-ObNoXiOuS-1-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #18
ChazyFresh
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like

Never knew that. Thanks for explaining Obnoxious!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #19
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Currently: Trying to take over the world.(All other jobs fail in comparison)

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
marvel911
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
marvel911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
too much politics
By too many rules do you mean laws?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #21
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Totally reviving this thread.

I'm a contractor. I consult with my aunt's reality firm to find new jobs and, in the company that I work for, I'm a floor manager in the main resourses building. I no longer do field work, but I do go out and bark orders a lot. =x My people wub me. I've been doing field work since I was roughly 13, and I still do under the table jobs, but for all intents and purposes, I'm done building ****. Early back problems.

Aside from that, I'm also a musician, as some of you already know.
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #22
BeCarefull
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 7
BeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enoughBeCarefull will become famous soon enough
Visit BeCarefull's Facebook

2 internet cafe stores
and car wash

SFO/SFX till the world blow up

BeCarefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

hopefully at a dollorama close by if they call me back for the position

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
x~Silver~x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #24
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

+1 for Wolfeh for reviving this thread!
u get reputation from me for that... not that it means anything
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Quote:
+1 for Wolfeh for reviving this thread!
u get reputation from me for that... not that it means anything
It means plenty? o.o
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote