Nba live 07 ArmedGunZ General 10 10-03-2006 07:37 PM

Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Live 1,000 years?

http://theweek.com/article/index/216...o-live-to-1000

Quote:
Biomedical gerontologist Aubrey de Grey says doctors might soon be able to "cure" aging. Is that really possible?

The scientist says that the first person who will live to be 150 years old has already been born and that somebody born within 20 years could live to be 1,000. "I'd say we have a 50-50 chance of bringing aging under what I'd call a decisive level of medical control within the next 25 years or so," de Grey says, as quoted by Reuters. "And what I mean by 'decisive' is the same sort of medical control that we have over most infectious diseases today."
I read on this weeks back, too lazy to make a topic earlier, apparently, all that needs to be done is slow down the deterioration of body cells from the regular aging process to the point where someone can live a full millennium... hypothetically. its like keeping a 60 year old car running like its a few months old.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
(~SoulMaster~)
[Banned by blockattack - Contact to plea]

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(~SoulMaster~) is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Live 1,000 years?

i appreciate u always updating news ty man
(~SoulMaster~) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

not gonna happen... things break down even on a 50 year old fully restored car... The only way someone is gonna live 1000 years is if they keep getting fresh organs (heart, liver, lungs, etc) every 10 years or so and also hoping that you don't get some sort of brain disease such as Alzheimers or similar. And don't forget your skin (although constantly shedding and replacing) eventually gets old and weak too.
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

the aging process is one out of many things that makes us die...
but aging was already said to be a cause of our gravity + how our body holds up to it all.
but as was mentionned, of everything your body can get taken in by any troubles worth mentionning.

not to mention i dont want to live more then a hundred years...
let alone live a thousand.
who would want to outlive his whole familly generation ?
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

It's possible. Actually, I might even be one of the scientist that makes this happens. The human body is a marvelous feat of engineering. The things the human body can do in our perceived reality is unimaginable. We as humans have the ability to control our own fates to a certain degree. Years ago diseases that are now controlled medically use to take out countless human lives. The same will be true for aging.

When you look at an old person, you feel like that person is sick or diseased. You feel like humans shouldn't look or feel that way. Controlling aging is a quest as old as time. Kings and pharaohs use to search for the so called fountain of youth. They wanted to live forever. Well, they were kings and pharaohs after all.

Anyhow, there is a way I believe to "reprogram" cells. Humans could in theory live forever in the right conditions. Of course the Earth will eventually die off, but with some luck, genius engineering, controlling aging, we could travel to another suitable planet and survive. We could colonize space and make our presence known throughout the universe and become truly immortal.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

its called the search for immortality...
but one question remains to me, which shows how it shouldn't be at all...

what will happens when the earth will be immortal and humans will be living 50 thousand billions in the universe ?

we're already hastening the descent of our own planet... when it will be done because of os our numbers, we,ll be spreading thru the universe like the cancer we are eventually we'll be killing off the universe, one planet at a time.

to be honest, the cycle of life isn't supposed to be broken, immortality is just one step in the worng direction. people shouldn't be afraid of dieing. its a part of the natures cycle.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
flamesz
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
flamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura aboutflamesz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
its called the search for immortality...
but one question remains to me, which shows how it shouldn't be at all...

what will happens when the earth will be immortal and humans will be living 50 thousand billions in the universe ?

we're already hastening the descent of our own planet... when it will be done because of os our numbers, we,ll be spreading thru the universe like the cancer we are eventually we'll be killing off the universe, one planet at a time.

to be honest, the cycle of life isn't supposed to be broken, immortality is just one step in the worng direction. people shouldn't be afraid of dieing. its a part of the natures cycle.
it sound like you come to terms with death but just because you did does not mean everyone else has i know it sound sad but i never want to light in my eyes to turn off and the pain of seeing everyone around you die it makes no difference like you said cause while we live life now some of our family still gets taken from us i would not mind giving me 100 plus

this was made my west thanks man i am mr.juggy
<ITheIGreenIGuysI>
^ In respect to ug.
Achievement
EliteVIP
C.O.W first place winner
V.I.P 1st place winner
NWOTA4 2nd place winner
2xtimes bunny event winner
L.B.N.F 3rd place winner
FreedomFighter winner
XB champion

[ Signature Too Long\Big. Decrease Size . Do not remove this reminder till you do - YoureGonnaLuvMe ]
flamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

thats not the point flamesz...
the point is, in 5000 years, how many of us will live on the earth, how will that even work with earth ressources. the way we live now isn't made for us to be immortal, we'd be killing this planet way too fast.

now if say, in 100 years we could find an energy source that isn't dangerous for ourselves or even the planet, if we could have a way to not burn down trees, if we could have a way to preserve the planet while still living on it... now i would take my theory to the next level and actually think of it as a good thing... but right now i just cant...
Old 07-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 149
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
the aging process is one out of many things that makes us die...
but aging was already said to be a cause of our gravity + how our body holds up to it all.
but as was mentionned, of everything your body can get taken in by any troubles worth mentionning.

not to mention i dont want to live more then a hundred years...
let alone live a thousand.
who would want to outlive his whole familly generation ?
yeah that would be boring