SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

View Poll Results: % bars..like them or not? - Vote here...
OMG % BARS SUCK 10 37.04%
I LOVE THE % BARS 10 37.04%
WORST IDEA EVER 5 18.52%
BEST IDEA EVER 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sfo bars 'a running ace RaNdOm iNsAnItY 31 04-02-2010 08:34 PM
New Bars On SFO --(-ôLiF£ô-)-- New Features 82 08-16-2009 10:45 PM
question-% bars !-!Noob!-! General Comments & Strategies 42 08-31-2007 11:10 PM
User bars -(-Tupac-)- Banners, Avatars and Images 5 11-27-2005 06:00 PM

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Zpower
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: % bars..like them or not?

So, with Chapter 2 A.I being super cheap, auto-blocks, regeneration, double teams, glitches...pluss the % Bars to keep everything locked up....What do you think about the % Bar idea that Tmyapp has started for DWX... Do you like it or not? Or would you rather have the full DWX first, second, and third already so you could get back to those online games with your friends and tournaments... while testing out all the new features, and characters.. instead of playing story mode 500 times a day... Post your opinion...

rewopzmaI
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
DA_VIPA
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DA_VIPA is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe atleast you and i are on the same wave length on this one.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
coolkilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not about what you want..Oh well % bars are here no point in bitching because they are gonna stay. As for your comment on second and third strikes. Those wont be released until NEXT year. I say a mod come and closes this because this is a bomb waiting to explode.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Hopefully not everyone thinks like you coolkilla.. Actually I didnt say I did or didnt like the % bars.. Im just asking a question.. it is sad when you cant even ask a question in a forum.. without someone telling you to close your topic.. All I asked is.. you like the % bars or not.. simple as that.. no need to close this topic... if people flame in here.. they flame at their own cost... hopefully mods will warn the flammers.. instead of close an entire topic which is unfair and unjust.. let the voting continue

rewopzmaI
Old 06-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM

No...when I first joined the game and saw that percentage bar...I was pissed. *I come in the game thinking "YAY! We're gonna have a new character!!"...only to get kicked in the face when I see we have to complete some chapter...well 2 now. *Plus the gliches aren't helping...But, eh what can I do?? *Soooo...back to getting raped by wolvie...

No really. DO ET.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know how you feel.. to those people who like the % bar I also can see your point of view.. Matter of opinion.. every opinion is appreciated in this thread..keep voting..

rewopzmaI
Old 06-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice

oh the bitching.. the BITCHING !!!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

hey that's what makes it worth tmyapp...
bithcing and more bitching...

and zpower yeah you did post what you thought of it... because asking it and then in your post only talking about the bad point... only makes it even further obvious that you dislike it !

hey i too was frustrated by the whole locked thing... but you gotta see it the right way... having thigns locked is a way to make sure all features are used... you didn't brag when all charcaters got locked and you had to win em right ? well why are you bragging now ? thing is... tmnyapp needs some times to do the other event of DWX... and even thought the first strike is separated in chapters, it is also giving you a way to enjoy another feature that nobody plays... the story mode, we're not asking you to playit 500 times a day never was that mentionned. if you do then it is your only to want those things unlocked too fast !

patience is a virtue i didn't play 500 times a day and waited 8 days for the first bar to be completed and i'm going to wait for another 12-16 days if need be ! because all this gives tmyapp times to do what he needs to do ! not to mention that we've been all on our own sides for quite some times now, all he created was a way to all be in this together and look at the forum how it worked well... how many convo started people talking together to unlock what they want to !

not to mention story mode never was that ... story mode !
i was expecting a new engine for this game when we heard about dwx...
he did it, may it be for story mode... but its there a whole new engine...

many people asked for old school mode to be back... does anybody ever play primal ?
nope, that is something you should think about before asking sucha stupid question in the first place.
not to mention it's not a question at all... its mor eof a... who's with me so we can proove tmyapp that unlocking sucks !
if its not how you emant it, too bad its how me and the others takes it !

bitching... just more biotching on the users part !
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 139
TMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really niceTMyApp is just really nice

SSJKarma: well... the "locking" has nothing to do with me "needing time".... (but more on that later... when i create a "reflection thread" weeks from now ... explaining everything about First Strike... and why things were they way they were ... )

but really (bitching aside)... this poll doesn't reflect the views of the entire SFO community

tens of thousands of people have been playing SFO since May 27th ... over 2000 finished Chapter 1... and so far, only 18 voted in this thread
Old 06-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #10
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Bandit04 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys are just so ungrateful...

If he were to just give you all the new features and stuff, you would complain about howboring it is after a few weeks.

I think the percentage bar is a great idea. It gives the opportunity for this community to work together and also gives TMyApp the extra time he needs to implement the new features.

To be honest, I think we got Cyclops way sooner than expected. We should all just slow things down a bit.

The thing I don't like about it, is that many people are working their tails off trying to increase the percentage bar, while others are just sitting and getting the new features.

I'm not too sure where I stand on this idea guys...

Old 06-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Elena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the roughElena is a jewel in the rough
Visit Elena's Last.FM
Angry Re: % bars..like them or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bandit04 @ June 05 2006,15:52)]You guys are just so ungrateful...

If he were to just give you all the new features and stuff, you would complain about howboring it is after a few weeks.

I think the percentage bar is a great idea. It gives the opportunity for this community to work together and also gives TMyApp the extra time he needs to implement the new features.

To be honest, I think we got Cyclops way sooner than expected. We should all just slow things down a bit.

The thing I don't like about it, is that many people are working their tails off trying to increase the percentage bar, while others are just sitting and getting the new features.

Ungrateful?? Ungrateful??

First, I just think yer in here to kiss up to TMy...cuz U know why? Cuz Tmy clearly said in his previous post that he didn't do it for extra time...so hush. *

Second, who are u to call anyone to call anyone ungrateful? *Hell, yeah I like all the new stuff and I'm thankful that TMy continues make a game for free...I just stated that I didn't like the percentage bar because it was kinda sprung on me.

Third, how exactly is it bringing the "community" together? TMy said over 2000 ppl so let's say 2500 completed storymode and there are tens of thousands of players...so lets 20000...and that's only %12.5...not even half of the "community" doesn't even touch 1/3rd of the community.

Oh, and bitching should always be expected...and we're ppl...and ppl...well we bitch...

No really. DO ET.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Elena @ June 04 2006,20:26)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bandit04 @ June 05 2006,15:52)]You guys are just so ungrateful...

Ungrateful?? Ungrateful??

First, I just think yer in here to kiss up to TMy...cuz U know why? Cuz Tmy clearly said in his previous post that he didn't do it for extra time...so hush. *

Second, who are u to call anyone to call anyone ungrateful? *Hell, yeah I like all the new stuff and I'm thankful that TMy continues make a game for free...I just stated that I didn't like the percentage bar because it was kinda sprung on me.

Third, how exactly is it bringing the "community" together? TMy said over 2000 ppl so let's say 2500 completed storymode and there are tens of thousands of players...so lets 20000...and that's only %12.5...not even half of the "community" doesn't even touch 1/3rd of the community.

Oh, and bitching should always be expected...and we're ppl...and ppl...well we bitch...
Hell even my mom bitched about me playing it too much true story
Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised at you Elena...

First off, i'm not kissing up to anyone. Just stating the facts on how much you people beg and whine.

It's sad, really...

Second of all, those who dedicated their time to beating the Story Mode more than others were rewarded.

Greed is taking over this community from what I see...

Greed is actually a sin if you think about it.

All I hear or see around this forum is "Give us a white Ken", or "Ryu/Akuma/Ken needs more moves" and "We need more characters".

You should take the time to think about how much time that takes...

Have you once thanked the creator of this game for doing all that he's done?

Nah, you need to thank him more often..

Be satisfied with what you already have.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Bandit04 @ June 04 2006,20:40)]I'm surprised at you Elena...

First off, i'm not kissing up to anyone. Just stating the facts on how much you people beg and whine.

It's sad, really...

Second of all, those who dedicated their time to beating the Story Mode more than others were rewarded.

Greed is taking over this community from what I see...

Greed is actually a sin if you think about it.

All I hear or see around this forum is "Give us a white Ken", or "Ryu/Akuma/Ken needs more moves" and "We need more characters".

You should take the time to think about how much time that takes...

Have you once thanked the creator of this game for doing all that he's done?

Nah, you need to thank him more often..

Be satisfied with what you already have.
You just kissed up again.

And don't go "how much you people beg and whine" because i know for a fact you also beg and whine.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #15
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, when did you see me beg and whine?

I never asked for one single thing out of this community yet.

There's no need for that my friend...

Are we done here?

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

Pfft, surprised...yeah wooo...yeah...surprised..*****...yeah...um don't care...look I'm stating how I feel...if yer gonna jump at me cuz of that then...I jump back...or push back...

Boy, I'm not gonna get into it because...now yer just making stuff up to make yer self look good...and why are u bring religion in this?? I could be atheist...<s>but I digress...u didn't say anything about beggin or whining...in fact u whined about ppl who "are just sitting and getting the new features"</s>

AND HELLO!!?! *Did u read my post?? Cuz I said:
I'm thankful that TMy continues make a game for free...

Nowback to topic...I'm sorry I ever responded back to u...no no..nvm I'm sorry I just didn't let it slide...but I don't like kiss asses...maybe yer not one...but it's just how I see it...if youwanna continue this then PM all u want and I'll respond...

I still don't like the bars...GRR ARGH...UGHH...NAH NA NA NA

EDIT: Don't mind the striked out part...PENZEL already brought it up

No really. DO ET.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #17
mastergrim8
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
mastergrim8 is an unknown quantity at this point

just be thankful this game is free and you don't have to pay...now currently and the bar is a bit aggrivating but it delays the end of SFO. If TMyApp released it all at once then sure the game would explode into huge ratings and numbers but then it's all down hill to hell from there. but did TMyApp really delay the game this long for this if he did then i don't know about his developing skillz but I'm sure he has all upcoming strikes down already TMyApp got it all in his head and is just waiting to explode with ideas some really predictable
Old 06-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #18
Bandit04
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that statement mastergrim8.

Some people should just lighten up a bit.

Looks like stating my opinion gets me flamed all the time...

Hate it, or love it.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
unholy_fighter
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
unholy_fighter is an unknown quantity at this point

bandit here is a option man get a grip and whats this upgreatfull things and the new moves maybe some chars need new moves look at akuma all he gets is a lv1 RD(if i'm wrong correct me) but yeah i would probly make a thread about it making it a option and thats all i'm going to say

Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #20
Kirosana

Post Thanks / Like
Kirosana is an unknown quantity at this point

People, please! Enough with the flamming, though this initial post was swayed to the dislike of the bars, he never actually said he didn't like them, making this an opinion question. It's also a vote, for those who haven't noticed, not a "come in here and flame everyone with an opinion", thread. I like the bars, I think they are a cute idea to help us little sfo players ban together, and I think tmy enjoys watching us complete them. If someone wants to say something nice about tmy while talking about the bars, let him, it isn't nice to call people ungrateful for stating an opinion, and everyone needs to stop flamming everyone else. An opinion is no reason to be mad at someone, as long as they present it in a way that does not openly offend anyone...and from the starting statement, zpower was not out to offend anyone...I just don't understand it..
My opinion on the subject is that I like the bars, but I don't have to flame people for not liking them. If people could learn how to write what they feel without crushing someone else's ideals, we would have a lot less trouble on this forum than we already do...so..can we all agree to disagree, vote on the bars, and be civil, please?

Smile..it's just plain silly not to. =)
Old 06-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #21
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

why does these topics always have to end up being about a guy and the way he supposedly kiss up !
and you guys... have you even thought about it before saying he kisses up ?
have you ever wondered that maybe in this world some people think the same way as others ?

now get back to your topics before it gets closed for flaming like i should do wright now !
come on show me i am right in not closing this !

elena, 12.5% of 200,000 users per weeks...
that way much more htne the 1% that plays it multi without bragging if you ask me, thus in a way tmyapp suceeded in bringing this community together to fill thing up. even if it is only a few percent... it is still higher then the percent we actually had already !

the bars are great... they give him time, they make us able to see the game for more then a few days we see him for weeks now !
i mean come on... how many days do you play after an event ?
i don't play much... btu recently i played quite more because i wanted to unlock things up.
for those who don't care about ranks... these unlockable features are just what we needed...
and guess what... those 12.5% elena... are the actual persons who plays this game for fun and are having fun right now !

that is all tmyapp and i need to know this community is still thankfull for this game existence !
and that is what makes us go further for it !
Old 06-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #22
Elena

Post Thanks / Like
Visit Elena's Last.FM

OMG...not this again...I just settled with bandit...and now u Karma...Oy.

Ok, TMy clearly said he didn't need the bars for time...so drop it. I just said the %12.5 because he was saying that it brings the community together...well I was just saying that it wasn't really bringing us together as much as making ppl frustrated because only %12.5 play story mode and maybe even less. And it's out of 20,000 not 200,000

And Karma I have my reasons for calling him a kiss up...but we settled it so I'll stop there.

After an event...well I never really played because my computer never really worked with this game...and i just got it to work a few months ago. As for story mode, I'm still bored...and I still don't have the character so, eh.

I don't really think those %12.5 are playing story mode because it's fun...because it's kinda repeative...I think determined is a better word...but w/e...now I said back to the topic long ago...but w/e...

No really. DO ET.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #23
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Elena and Karma are the perfect examples of the kind of people I had in mind when I made this topic.. They post reasonable facts of why the % bars well suck or why they are good...

Like Karma said... The % Bars well... actually make people keep playing the game.. and in result has more people playing than normally would after an event

On the other side of the Coin....

Elena said.. The % bars are not good... since they make the game too repetitive which is a great point..

Now.. these are the types of comments I was looking for.. Intelligent, reasonable, and thought out comments that aren't flames or showing any signs of ungratefullness.. just stating their opinion based on reasonable conclusions... Thanks Elena and Karma for showing that even if two people disagree... A balanced and civil argument can take place without flame wars or other nonsense..

rewopzmaI
Old 06-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #24
unholy_fighter
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
unholy_fighter is an unknown quantity at this point

well i just dislike the bars for the .1 increase
well elena(not flamming)well some people like to play for the funness and some people like to play to know that they are going to unlock the next chapter but i know this is a community thing but some people just want thier ranks up or unlocking new people and with chapter 2 we are going to need all the help we can get

Old 06-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #25
Iplay2winIsHere

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2winIsHere is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the % bars...they motivate more players to join the game in order to unlock the features. *This isn\\\'t the first game in which I saw % bars that you had to fill up, but the player\\\'s reaction is the same(except that people don\\\'t reject the idea in other games).

anyway, it makes the players excited about the incentives that come with doing a certain thing repeatedly...it really adds some excitement to the game for once instead of having people who may be bored with what we have now

SO, kudos to TMyApp!

edit: the only thing people dislike in other games is that they prefer to see exact numbers instead of a percent, so that they\'ll know if they\'re actually doing anything.

example: a goal number would be listed and our current number would be listed

the bar would still be there but instead of a percent it would be a number

Closed Thread