Left 4 dead GrandMasterJay General 7 11-13-2008 04:57 PM

Old 10-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 18
evryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enough
Visit evryoung8998's Twitter
Default Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Leaked Trailer

I was excited with the news of a second game coming out, but now after watching this trailer, I'm even more anxious for the game.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_8hJsgZSNA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_8hJsgZSNA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This game was going to be banned in Australia, but they're releasing it censored.

Discuss.

"Dewd, you're like a man whore"- azncat
evryoung8998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

it's just a a shooter game with no plot
the first left 4 dead just placed you in random locations with the same zombies swarming you. *
there were only 4 levels, and all of them were the same
it's good for a cheap thrill, but don't expect any real replay value
the game would have failed if it didn't have multiplayer support

left 4 dead 2 will probably just be a rehash of the first left 4 dead
better keep your money unless you got a left 4 dead 2 party scheduled, or else you will have your game up for resale within a week

Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #3
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Dude you truly didn't understood a thing about the first game if you think so then !

no plot ?
its fliping 4 survival movies to begin with. the game is made to be a movie. you actually play like in a movie and the action is pretty much like in a movie and this is what is so fun about it. This more like a real zombie movie then anything else. the first game might not be fun to you or having no replay value, but to me it had a lot of it, for usually all i want with my friend is to blast thru and i do that for pure fun which is what i want the most when i play with friends.

but seriously, no plot...
how about 4 survivor (hint left 4 dead) that simply are waiting for rescue to come get them. we see them go out to bring back weapons and anything to help them survive, until the chopper comes near by to pick them up at which case it become a race to the finish for survival. i agree its not the biggest plot ever, but we're not talking resident evil either, this game was made for those who just like to blast zombies around and i can tell you, it does a great job at that.

the second one again follows the same lead, 4 persons trying to survive... and again we'll see the same scenario on multiple different locations. but all of them are again made as if you were listening a movie. and thats what i like about this game, its made to look like a movie. a movie in which you have the control of what happens in there !

i've played the first game with a friend and we totally liked it. can't wait for the second one to come out. see what they came up with, by the trailers look, it will be bad ass !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
evryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Iplay2win @ Oct. 23 2009,02:29)]it's just a a shooter game with no plot
the first left 4 dead just placed you in random locations with the same zombies swarming you. *
there were only 4 levels, and all of them were the same
it's good for a cheap thrill, but don't expect any real replay value
the game would have failed if it didn't have multiplayer support

left 4 dead 2 will probably just be a rehash of the first left 4 dead
better keep your money unless you got a left 4 dead 2 party scheduled, or else you will have your game up for resale within a week
Reason this game won Game of the Year I suppose. People hated it so much, it got the title. This game has SO much replay value, and yes it's because it's a CO-OP/MULTIPLAYER GAME. No person would have fun with it if they didn't have Live (or internet if they got it for Steam). The game has a hidden story, use the walls.

Now, part 2 is coming out and it's one of the most anticipated games so far, next to MW2.

I really can't get off the fact you said it had no replay value, lol.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Iplay2win
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Iplay2win is an unknown quantity at this point

game of the year? sure, if you like games that have you do nothing but run and shoot
that's so 90s
they can update the graphics all they want, but it's still the same as any 90s shooter

left4dead may be fun on occasion like the 90s shooters (I still play them), but it sure isn't worth $50
The game is probably in bargain bins for $10 or less right now

the game was so outdated
when you compare left 4 dead to modern shooters, it can't compete

Old 10-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Iplay2win @ Oct. 23 2009,10:33)]game of the year? sure, if you like games that have you do nothing but run and shoot
that's so 90s
they can update the graphics all they want, but it's still the same as any 90s shooter

left4dead may be fun on occasion like the 90s shooters (I still play them), but it sure isn't worth $50
aww your no fun the first Left 4 Dead kicked major ass(except when the ppl killed the idea with glitches) but it makes up for its swarming zombies and tank lol the tank was like friggin awesome to either fight agasint or even be him now seeing left 4 dead 2 with a couple new infected zombies like the charger(mini version of tank) and tickers hell cant wait but ima rent it first
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I have Left 4 Dead for the Xbox, and pre-ordered this one as soon as I found out. Iplay is obviously one of those boycotters, or just a bad troll.

They have a GOTY edition, which is 35$. Tell me when they drop it to 10$, ok Iplay? The game is unique in every way. I've never played an FPS where working together was a MUST, and finding items to keep you alive. Not only that, but playing as the special infected? Best idea ever in my opinion.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

being the tank pwns
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
Luke500
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 184
Luke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enough

I do have to say,I didn't have time to play live with this game.

It was just me and my brother.

4 Levels,major fun.

But,it was only 4 levels. Which wasn't fun for long,hopefully they add more.

and make it,less run-able.

I was able to run through stages.

Lolol.

So,exchange of XBL Tags once it releases?

@_@
Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Np baby. And yea, I speed run through places on versus and campaign. (Super fun on expert). Part 2 has a different AI director though. He can change the weather, daytime/nighttime, weapon spawns, and even change the path you take. So it's never gonna be the same level twice.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
Luke500
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 184
Luke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enoughLuke500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (evryoung8998 @ Oct. 25 2009,07:25)]Np baby. And yea, I speed run through places on versus and campaign. (Super fun on expert). Part 2 has a different AI director though. He can change the weather, daytime/nighttime, weapon spawns, and even change the path you take. So it's never gonna be the same level twice.
Oh yeah your right.

5 New Campaigns,Over 20 New Weapons,and more,this is gonna be awesome.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

L4D is boring single player
multiplayer, however, is a different story
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

iplay, if you wanna have it that way... all games beyond the 2000 are simply bad, no imaginations and are 90% shooters that would fails if they had no multiplayer values. you seriously need to open up dude !

its the people who want blood and gore more then gameplay these days, what can i say its the generation who wants that. i'm just looking at my friends who just love a good action game and are simply skipping the story all together because all they want is to play the damn game for its action. so tell me why the developper would take time to make a story when at least 75% of the players world wide do not even care for stories ?

game of the year unfortunately just means one thing... the game is a perfect party poppers. besides that, it means nothing. but again, this game might have replay value for you. but it has to all those who just like to shoot things off. that game may you play it 10 times around on th esame level will always have you shoot in a frenetic way and thats what action players wants !

again you say it works only because of multiplayer, but i dont see SFIV being a success without it, i dont see world of warcraft being a success without it, i dont see any shooters right now being sucessfull without it. let's be real about this whole multiplayer thing, we live in a world where people don't want to be alone anymore ! so of course all games will work in multiplayer and not in single player, that include even RPGs obviously !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote