SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Links

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW TRAILER! -Dazardz- General 9 09-13-2010 04:09 AM
(non official idea)Official Tournament Server Josh26 New Features 7 04-24-2009 03:07 PM
New GTA 4 Trailer system4 General 11 12-14-2007 09:49 AM
Official Rambo Four Teaser Trailer TitaniumFist Links 13 05-25-2007 01:53 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #26
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENZEL View Post
I'm not talking about the writing. I'm talking about the aspect of the movie. See in this movie, the 10 rings do absolutely nothing. He wants to do this Christopher Nolan type of scenario where even though It's fiction, he wants to make it look realistic which in that case, at this point does not make any sense whatsoever since based on the movies, Tony already dealt with magic in the avengers so on and so forth.

And that's fine because the Dark Knight trilogy was a success but doesn't mean it could work on other super heroes movie. Granted, I do believe this Iron Man will top the first two as they put the jokes aside and things get serious with Tony, but as a fan of the Iron Man character, not making the 10 rings work like they should, kinda disappoint me. I know there's magic involved someway as you see the trailer, his mark suit has a mind of its own when it wakes them up.

That's what I'm talking about.
The suits coming to life are because of the Extremis Virus created by Guy Pearces character.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #27
PENZEL
VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Juan, PR
Age: 29
Posts: 2,849
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
Rep Power: 6369
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Figured as much.
__________________
-Nferno666
PENZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #28
DearLife
VIP
 
DearLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Age: 21
Posts: 127
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 2506
DearLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit DearLife's YouTube
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Mandarin o_o
And that suit is just oh mah gawd,
Can't wait for my favorite super hero to come out with his third movie!
I just hope it's not cheesy =| like simple events and a conclusion but rather make it like 1 & 2
__________________



DearLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #29
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

how do you know based on that trailer that the rings dont do anything ?
as far as i am concerned, this trailer tells you nothing.

extremis might be the enemy of th emovie, while mandarin might be just seen toward the end.
trailers have tendencies of being taken here and there... a movie is 2 hours long, a trailer is 2 minutes long. nothing is said here...

but i'll say this...
my friend said avengers might have killed super hero movies.
heres why... he says that avengers linked movies and all... we saw tony go away with banner. wheres banner here ? if they want to go forward after linking things they cannot get away. so he says if we dont see banner i'll be very very disappointed. the other thing he said, was that trailer didn't look like ironman to him. im thinking he's wrong there and that the next few trailers might make him look at it more. but i have to agree, this is "VERY" different from the other versions of the movie.

Lieger...
Lethal Weapon
The Last Boy Scout<
great movies, thats not the problem... they are very true to life, thats the problem.
im quite sure this movie will rock... but the whole realism thing isn't part of a super hero movie. if there is one thing i hated about batman was all the ripped off things that were there. sorry but thats the truth even though you guys dont want to hear it... but the jokers was great... but the fact he wasn't a chemical genius made the movie sucks. 2 face died too fast, didn't even have time to appreciate him. bane was nowhere near what he should of been. robbing bank, great, using chemicals to get stronger... where the hell was his signature move in the movie. raz was supposed to be immortal, thats what made him the big bad guy, how can i believe his loyalties and all if hes not what hes supposed to be. talia, professionnal assassin that takes her fathers mantle... wow, that child was nowhere near the assassin.

ok following all this thing...
ok let's follow wolverine, a soldier with super regeneration and no claws.
would that still be a wolverine movie ?

i love how the dark knight is represented in nolans view...
but what i dislike is a character being stripped of what makes him who he is.
and i dislike the fact that they did that in batmans 3 films.

here in ironman... this trailer shows me the same kind of hate...
in ironman 1, we've seen obadia stane, on par with stark, great thing, was awesome...
let's go higher, another genius pushing the limits of technology further then stark. great again, good evolution... here... ... ... they seem to have gone down after deciding to go higher... extremis is great as long as its not just a virus. because extremis... is a man with robot like abilities. up to this point, this could be great to see anyway... means toy is gonna get shooted up badly. then we mandarin... magic not used... ... ... thats all wrong because thats removing everything from him.

but... ... this movie trailer hasn't shown even 1/10th of what the movie will be, so how can we even judge those. i say wait before giving your opinions... because me, for once, wasn't into the new spiderman until i saw the actual movie. and i must say my mind was blown off by the major differences that the trailer was letting us into and what the movie really was about.

same for avengers... it showed only the action scenes... yet the movie was not just actions.
wait and see before judging, wait and see...
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #30
PENZEL
VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Juan, PR
Age: 29
Posts: 2,849
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
Rep Power: 6369
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=69189


hence, heading towards a batman direction like I said before.
__________________
-Nferno666
PENZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #31
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

and thats why i tell you it cannot be...
if it is then marvel will not allow itper say.
why ? becaus emarvel wants one thing and thats why the avengers, ironman, thor and captain america even hulk were as they were... they want characters to be who they truly are, they put more emphasis on the characters then the story itself. that was also said in many devs if not all of them on the DVDs.

removing the magical nature of the mandarin without giving him back anything that is beyond reality is just going otherwise. i'm good with rings not shooting magical beams of elemental things... but they must at all cost do something and each and every one of them. if they dont then that just sucks. and thats against marvel which i doubt them to have done this. not after what they said about their franchise being all about characters.

also you have to understand that jon favreau was the one directing the movie, he came out of the project, not because he got fired, its him coming out of it because of something that hapenned with marvel. my friend has a problem looking at this trailer.. to him its "NOT" ironman. and he really hope its not going to be like the trailer. that coming from a true fan, is something i hate to hear. but he feels that way, which more or less should proove that marvel is wrong if they did let this go thru.

as for me, it doesn't change a thing...
im gonna wait for the sequel trailer.
to me its quite simple...
the dark knight ruined the super hero genre.
to my friend, its avengers who did.
i think we're both right in our views here.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #32
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
and thats why i tell you it cannot be...
if it is then marvel will not allow itper say.
why ? becaus emarvel wants one thing and thats why the avengers, ironman, thor and captain america even hulk were as they were... they want characters to be who they truly are, they put more emphasis on the characters then the story itself. that was also said in many devs if not all of them on the DVDs.

removing the magical nature of the mandarin without giving him back anything that is beyond reality is just going otherwise. i'm good with rings not shooting magical beams of elemental things... but they must at all cost do something and each and every one of them. if they dont then that just sucks. and thats against marvel which i doubt them to have done this. not after what they said about their franchise being all about characters.

also you have to understand that jon favreau was the one directing the movie, he came out of the project, not because he got fired, its him coming out of it because of something that hapenned with marvel. my friend has a problem looking at this trailer.. to him its "NOT" ironman. and he really hope its not going to be like the trailer. that coming from a true fan, is something i hate to hear. but he feels that way, which more or less should proove that marvel is wrong if they did let this go thru.

as for me, it doesn't change a thing...
im gonna wait for the sequel trailer.
to me its quite simple...
the dark knight ruined the super hero genre.
to my friend, its avengers who did.
i think we're both right in our views here.
To me it was Joel Schumacher and his batman movies that ruined the super hero genre.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

seriously... to each their favorites, i have no problems with that...
but when i listen to movies... i dont wanna see my reality in it. if i wanted that i'd film my life as it was going on.
super heroes aren't reality. people should stop trying to mimick reality just because it seems cool.
Joel shumacker made a good thing out of it, adding colors to batman, and looking back on them... forever and batman and robin weren't all that bad either. to me the only thing that made those batmans failing was the choice for batman himself... val kilmer was a good bruce, so was clooney, but a very bad batman. scenarios weren't top either, but weren't half bad either...

all that said, i just hope they aren't making it like nolans visions just because its cool, cause that will kill ironman utterly.
the same way i think the superman movie will suck cause of all its realism.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #34
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
seriously... to each their favorites, i have no problems with that...
but when i listen to movies... i dont wanna see my reality in it. if i wanted that i'd film my life as it was going on.
super heroes aren't reality. people should stop trying to mimick reality just because it seems cool.
Joel shumacker made a good thing out of it, adding colors to batman, and looking back on them... forever and batman and robin weren't all that bad either. to me the only thing that made those batmans failing was the choice for batman himself... val kilmer was a good bruce, so was clooney, but a very bad batman. scenarios weren't top either, but weren't half bad either...

all that said, i just hope they aren't making it like nolans visions just because its cool, cause that will kill ironman utterly.
the same way i think the superman movie will suck cause of all its realism.
Im sorry but Batman and Robin was single handedly the worst movie ever made for the super hero genre. Heck even that terrible Steel movie that starred Shaq was better and thats saying a whole hell of alot.

I get what youre trying to say and I was even talking to a friend of mine about the amount of realism in movies. I think there should be at least a small sense of realism in order to relate to teh movie or characters better. Take Alien for example I mean its obviously not a scenario that will happen in the next 100 years as we arnt able to travel through space like that but in the movie when they landed on the planet they needed oxygen to breath on the planet. The way they reacted to things though each had different reactions were very realistic in a situation like that and that small sense of realism helps you relate to the characters better in the movie.

Im not saying a movie needs a whole lot of realism to relate to it. Im just saying it needs that small bit of realism that makes it easier to relate to certain characters or relate to being in simular situations. Take Prometheus for example it was a beautiful looking movie as far as CGI but nothing was really relatable in the movie. Even the characters reactions made you just hate the hell out of every single one of them. The only character I could relate to was an android named David.

The whole movie had nothing to really relate to and the characters reactions to certain things were just so not realistic and it brought the movie down a hell of a whole lot just because it didnt have that very small amount of realism that the first Alien film had.

Again im not saying movies need to take a Dark Knight approach because not many directors can capture that as brilliantly as Chris Nolan did but every film needs a small amount of realism in order to relate to the story or characters.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U

Last edited by Liger Zero; 10-29-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #35
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

To each is own... i loved the steel movie.
and as i said, the more i listen to thebatman and robin movie, as well as forever...
the more i appreciate them for what they are.

i'll tell you one thing...
there is a reason why animated movies like batman and superman public enemies gets more attention from fans then the current roster of live action movies. and thats not because its animation. it is because it is true super heroes. realism do not have its place in that world. because realism was never a thing in the authors who created the character to begin with. the author wanted to go out of our world. nolans batman was more focused on the dark knight, the dark knight part of the batman. i understand that and in that way it worked... i think hes gone a bit too realistic and not enough mystical for the batman verse. but aside from that it worked. but i dont think that kind of place will work for say superman and ironman. those two aren't dark characters, they are very lively. they are colorfull.

to me up to this point...
ironman was an iconic movie because i could see the colors i could see the patterns, it was ironman. animation made reality. if they start removing that reality from me, then they will lose me, thats just it.

again, my friend is a big fan of ironman movies just like i am...
his words "that trailer doesn't look like ironman to me"
that should tell them a lot about how a fan feels.
and to marvel that would fail their own chracter test.
because as i said, marvel for the avengers and the rest of their movies for that matters.
wanted the charcaters to be true to themselves.
but we'll see.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
PENZEL
VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Juan, PR
Age: 29
Posts: 2,849
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
Rep Power: 6369
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Dude....Batman forever and Batman and Robin were.....bad..

Even the director for Batman and Robin apologized in an interview lol.
__________________
-Nferno666
PENZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #37
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENZEL View Post
Dude....Batman forever and Batman and Robin were.....bad..

Even the director for Batman and Robin apologized in an interview lol.
He should apologize for the following in the films.

Casting Jim Carrey over Robin Williams because lets be honest Carrey played the Joker dressed as the ridler.

Recasting Billy Dee Williams as two face. Billy was excited to come back but was sad when recasted.

Almost casting Marlon Wayans as Robin....

Wanting to cast Michael Jackson as the Ridler

Val Kilmer apologized because he didnt read the script when he was offered he accepted because he was a huge batman fan but was disapointed when he actually read it after.

Casting Alicia Silverstone

Casting George Clooney who even makes fun of himself for ever playing the role.

Turning Bane into a mindless steriod injected caveman.

At one point wanted to cast Ethan Hawk as batman.....
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,886
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6142
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

^you forgot the epic nipples in the batsuit O_o'
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #39
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
^you forgot the epic nipples in the batsuit O_o'
No just dealing with computer issues to remember everything
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #40
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

i live the true critics dream here... everything has its good points and its bad points. those 2 batman movies weren't all that bad, my opinion and i could care less about what you guys think about it.

fact is, batmans universe isn't all "NOIR" and it isn't always very dark and emotionnally dark.
justice league is a great exemple of what batman is color wise. that said the original two burton batman made me more of an impression. but to me the shumacker batmans were mainly dead due to val kilmer and clooney which are two batmans that shouldn't have been.

as for carrey... he was the riddler, you say he played it joker style, but you have to realise that the riddler, "IS" a joker style character. always doing pranks with his riddles, its not until the very end of his career that he became a detective much like batman. and a very very talented one at it. DC has that problem with characters where most of them turns as clones of another... Riddler, Joker, Prankster, Toyman all are joksters at the very heart.

now im wondering why this convo has gone so wild about batman when this whole thread is about ironman. i understand we started with i hope its not like TDK, but... this is getting ridiculous.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #41
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
i live the true critics dream here... everything has its good points and its bad points. those 2 batman movies weren't all that bad, my opinion and i could care less about what you guys think about it.

fact is, batmans universe isn't all "NOIR" and it isn't always very dark and emotionnally dark.
justice league is a great exemple of what batman is color wise. that said the original two burton batman made me more of an impression. but to me the shumacker batmans were mainly dead due to val kilmer and clooney which are two batmans that shouldn't have been.

as for carrey... he was the riddler, you say he played it joker style, but you have to realise that the riddler, "IS" a joker style character. always doing pranks with his riddles, its not until the very end of his career that he became a detective much like batman. and a very very talented one at it. DC has that problem with characters where most of them turns as clones of another... Riddler, Joker, Prankster, Toyman all are joksters at the very heart.

now im wondering why this convo has gone so wild about batman when this whole thread is about ironman. i understand we started with i hope its not like TDK, but... this is getting ridiculous.
Well aside from his pranks and jokes he was a very inteligent character and I have yet to see any actor really impliment that into the ridler. He is one of the first villains to figure out batman is bruce wayne if I remember correctly. But no ones really pointed out that inteligent side but instead takes all the jokyness and what not from it. I always saw the ridler as an inteligent character and to me has never been portrayed right by anyone who has played him.

Val Kilmer would have played a great batman but again he felt pissed off about the film after finally reading it. He never read a single line from the script when he accepted it just because he was a huge batman fan. Him and Schumacher constantly argued and eventually fought on the set of the film much like Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer fought when they did Top Gun.

Kilmer has since apologized for how bad the film was and said he thought he was doing a Dark Knight type movie but instead it was invincible man in a cape. Schumacher is also the reason Kilmer works more made for DVD movies today do to him helping Kilmer get the lable hard to work with.

Schmacher eventually made it worse for kilmer when he turned down to reprise his role as batman for batman and robin.


He talks about Nolan batman series at 3:20
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U

Last edited by Liger Zero; 10-31-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #42
xfaderx
 
xfaderx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Age: 39
Posts: 4,442
Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1648
Rep Power: 6836
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

ok... so yeah ironman 3 looks cool though =)
__________________
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #43
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
ok... so yeah ironman 3 looks cool though =)
It does haha.

At least me and karma can agree that we both love movies though we both disagree on alot of things.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #44
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,886
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6142
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
It does haha.

...though we both disagree on alot of things.
lolz, since when did karma really agreed on somebody/someone?
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

i agree a lot on things...
but people seem to see only the disagreements.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #46
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot
 
Liger Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,311
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6361
Rep Power: 6520
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
i agree a lot on things...
but people seem to see only the disagreements.
No I know you agree with alot of my top lists and such. I was only poking fun at how often we disagree.
__________________
Wussy`s
Toastied - 1082 Times
SFO Discord - https://discord.gg/9bV9r9U
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #47
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,886
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
Rep Power: 6142
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!



looks like theyre changing the plot
in comics, norman osborn is the iron patriot =/
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #48
SSJKarma
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada somewhere in the province of quebec
Age: 37
Posts: 18,619
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
Rep Power: 0
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

nope, in comics norman osborn designed the suit and it is still rodey that pilots it. at least for a while !

i can't wait to see what they will do with extremis. im sure it wont be extremis per say as the name isn't used at all. but still... 2 of the greatest ironman enemies int he same movie. thats one hell of a way to finish a trilogy.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #49
Dark_slice
VIP
 
Dark_slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 369
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 12
Rep Power: 4592
Dark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura aboutDark_slice has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

man... im wayyy behind i guess.. i know norman osborn only as the green goblin

but yeah 3rd iron man, cool
Dark_slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #50
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP
 
evryoung8998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,788
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 18
Rep Power: 5157
evryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enough
Visit evryoung8998's Twitter
Default Re: Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
nope, in comics norman osborn designed the suit and it is still rodey that pilots it. at least for a while !

i can't wait to see what they will do with extremis. im sure it wont be extremis per say as the name isn't used at all. but still... 2 of the greatest ironman enemies int he same movie. thats one hell of a way to finish a trilogy.
Uhm, no. In Dark Avengers, Norman Osbourne is in control of HAMMER which takes control of Stark Industry. He then makes the Iron Patriot and recruits some people to make an imitation of the avengers (i.e. Wolverines son, Venom disguised as symbiote spiderman, bulls-eye as hawkeye, etc). In the Dark Knight comics, Rodey doesn't pilot the suit... Norman Osbourne does from the beginning.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
He should apologize for the following in the films.

Casting Jim Carrey over Robin Williams because lets be honest Carrey played the Joker dressed as the ridler.

Recasting Billy Dee Williams as two face. Billy was excited to come back but was sad when recasted.

Almost casting Marlon Wayans as Robin....

Wanting to cast Michael Jackson as the Ridler

Val Kilmer apologized because he didnt read the script when he was offered he accepted because he was a huge batman fan but was disapointed when he actually read it after.

Casting Alicia Silverstone

Casting George Clooney who even makes fun of himself for ever playing the role.

Turning Bane into a mindless steriod injected caveman.

At one point wanted to cast Ethan Hawk as batman.....
Wasn't Tommy Lee Jones Two Face?
__________________

"Dewd, you're like a man whore"- azncat
evryoung8998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump



Bookmarks

Tags
iron, man, official, trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Navbar with Avatar by Kolbi