Search for Happiness Zpower General 31 10-01-2010 05:00 AM
Search LiL_DRS New Features 10 04-16-2006 07:28 PM

Old 10-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
TitaniumFist

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Search for Wonder Woman

Look, we've been getting primed for a possible Justice League movie for quite some time now.

Now it looks like it's actually going to be feasible with Nolan's Batman over, Man of Steel a commercially successful blockbuster and Superman/Batman in the works.

Three pillars of the Justice League, DC's Trinity, are Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. (There are other key members, sure, but you can't have a JL without those three, no? Green Lantern at least had an origin film, Flash is easy as 1,2,3.)

The first two are locked.

We haven't seen a live-action Wonder Woman since Lynda Carter stopped playing her in 1979. Hell, the U.S. has started thawing the freeze between itself and Iran already. (Said freeze also dates back to 1979)

They need to find a lock for Diana/Wonder Woman, true. But can they pull off a solo film for her origin story? Should it be done before or after Justice League (if that ever happens)?

If you're a half decent comic book geek or film nerd, you've been talking about this with friends and thinking about it. If not, get out.

Thoughts, rumors, links, personal choices for Diana, supposed front-runners. Go. (And yes, I'm aware there's a new live-action short on YouTube. I've wanted to make this thread for a while, but only saw the short last night. Lol.)

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: The Search for Wonder Woman

The wonder woman movie was ont he back burner for yars, it was supposed to be done years ago. but all i know was that joss whedon was talking about it and wanted the directing part of it. DC refused him the rights after much deliberations. and after that the movie got throwned on the back burner.

thats all i know, but i know as well that DC hasn'T forgotten about it and that they want it to be done.
The gang who did green lantern are also doing the flash movie. since i didn'T really dislike the original green lantern, i can't wait to see what they will do with flash.

but wonder woman is probably the next one they are gonna do.
when it comes to the next deasl, i hope they folow with marvel idea of mixing TV shows and Movies, i really wish Arrow will be in there.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Yup. And I believe Whedon would've given us a good film. He gave us Avengers instead, so I'm cool with that.

There was also a pilot filmed for (NBC?) with the girl from G.I. Joe Retaliation (Adriana Padlacki?)

Some choices I'd be happy with:

Angelina Jolie
Charliez Theron
Jennifer Garner

My reasoning is you need an actual actress who can...you know, really act, but also pull off the physicality, and is a household name/has a decent-to-great amount of star power. Jolie is the biggest star out of the three, maybe the best actress, but Theron is a hell of an actress, too.

I think all three either have already shown they can handle the physicality, or could easily do so. Also Theron and Garner are the tallest of the three. (Garner is married to Batman, so some healthy nepotism could help her win the role, though she is perfectly capable and well suited, IMO, to pull it off.)

Off the top of my head, I'd prefer any of them. Wishful thinking though.

The real chances, though, are that they'll get a moderately well known actress who can act and pull off the physicality, or a relative unknown who can pull off the role.

Whichever of the three types they go with (household name, moderately known, relative unknown), I think they just need to have the guts to do a solo movie, and do it right.

If anyone says Gina Carano, understand first that she cannot act, or she can't very well yet. She's a powerhouse and there'd be zero questions about her being able to pull off the physicality. In that department, I doubt anyone would do a better job. But her performance in Haywire was painful to watch at times. It was amazing to watch her kick people's asses in the film, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
when it comes to the next deasl, i hope they folow with marvel idea of mixing TV shows and Movies, i really wish Arrow will be in there.
I'd love to see Stephen in a JL film. Dude is perfect in the show. Can't wait for it to come back on so I can stop wanting to stab my eyes as I watch S.H.E.I.L.D.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 10-02-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1662
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

when they were originally casting for Justice League America - way back in 2007-2008, they had already cast Megan Gale (a famous aussie supermodel) as Wonder Woman. Here is a few pics of her for you all the enjoy:

Unfortunately the production got axed and never got made, instead we got Avengers

I think Megan Fox would make a decent Wonder Woman (just not sure about her height). Other choices I'd be happy with are :

January Jones (if she went with black hair)
Morean Baccarin (if she bulked up a bit)
Evangeline Lily (Kate from LOST)
even Emily Deschanel didn't look too bad as Wonder Woman in a scene from "Bones"
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Lynda Carter is 5' 9"(and a 1/2?), so I'm not sure anyone below that (or at the minimum 5' 7" - this would include Jolie, who I don't think will ever seriously consider or get the role anyways) will work.

Then again, Hollywood does whatever it wants and then justifies the choices/makes them work. (See Jackman/Wolverine)

Overall, nice choices of moderately well knowns you got there, Fader.

Baccarin is very slight in the build department, man. Though she was great in Firefly and V. I quit Homeland after only the first ep or two. Dunno, just never stuck with it.

Jones or Lilly wouldn't be bad. The Aussie is 5' 11". Lol. Nothing about her online (that I can find quick that is), how's her acting/screen presence?

Old 10-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Basically probably none, she probably just used to listening to the camera man.
thats the problem when they take people who aren't in acting for the sake of the body.
to be honest i preffer the "doesn't ressemble yet knows how to act the part" route instead of the "has the body" so whoever they choose im good with, a slong as they know how to act the ****ing part.

Also gonna remind everyone that this is DC not Marvel, they do not have disney to back them up. hence why its taking so much time for the JL movie to come live. It's unfortunate but the chances of you not seeing a big star playing the role will be higher due to the budget.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Olivia Wilde? She would need to put on some weight though
Old 10-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
good call, i second that motion!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

check out this cool fan-made wonder woman short...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATiV3gmy-Q

it also looked like wonder woman will be introduced to the MoS sequel - Superman vs Batman...

http://geektyrant.com/news/wonder-woman-being-cast-for-batman-vs-superman

personally, id prefer a solo wonder woman first before introducing the character with major franchises, that way, casual moviegoers will have an idea as to the character's backstory

Last edited by bloodpack; 10-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Well since everyones going for actresses who can act or super models(I mean really guys?) then just go with Kate Beckinsale. As far as Gina Carano I mean she is a UFC fighter what do you expect Angelina Jolie talent of acting?

Lena Headey wouldnt be a bad choice but she is 40.

Last edited by Liger Zero; 10-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

DC has some bland ass super heroes man...
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGRB View Post
DC has some bland ass super heroes man...
Yea because Ant-Man was so compelling
Old 10-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #13
DwAyN3
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 85
DwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura aboutDwAyN3 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
Well since everyones going for actresses who can act or super models(I mean really guys?) then just go with Kate Beckinsale.
Ahhhh!! you beat me to it.

I love wonder women, but i'm done with this trend of super hero movies hollywood is putting together. Leave the popular and well known heroes alone.

How about a movie explaining the Martian Manhunter's story before joining JL, his life on mars. A movie with a villian's perspective doomsday creation and his battles throughtout the universe. Shuma Gorath dimensional destruction. Blackheart not the emo one from the ghost rider film. The original, start the film with him turning/controlling some of marvels heroes like Punisher and Wolverine. < How cool would that be?

Last edited by DwAyN3; 10-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.
DwAyN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1484
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Yup. And I believe Whedon would've given us a good film. He gave us Avengers instead, so I'm cool with that.

There was also a pilot filmed for (NBC?) with the girl from G.I. Joe Retaliation (Adriana Padlacki?)

Some choices I'd be happy with:

Angelina Jolie
Charliez Theron
Jennifer Garner

My reasoning is you need an actual actress who can...you know, really act, but also pull off the physicality, and is a household name/has a decent-to-great amount of star power. Jolie is the biggest star out of the three, maybe the best actress, but Theron is a hell of an actress, too.

I think all three either have already shown they can handle the physicality, or could easily do so. Also Theron and Garner are the tallest of the three. (Garner is married to Batman, so some healthy nepotism could help her win the role, though she is perfectly capable and well suited, IMO, to pull it off.)

Off the top of my head, I'd prefer any of them. Wishful thinking though.

The real chances, though, are that they'll get a moderately well known actress who can act and pull off the physicality, or a relative unknown who can pull off the role.

Whichever of the three types they go with (household name, moderately known, relative unknown), I think they just need to have the guts to do a solo movie, and do it right.

If anyone says Gina Carano, understand first that she cannot act, or she can't very well yet. She's a powerhouse and there'd be zero questions about her being able to pull off the physicality. In that department, I doubt anyone would do a better job. But her performance in Haywire was painful to watch at times. It was amazing to watch her kick people's asses in the film, though.

I'd love to see Stephen in a JL film. Dude is perfect in the show. Can't wait for it to come back on so I can stop wanting to stab my eyes as I watch S.H.E.I.L.D.
Yus.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yea because Ant-Man was so compelling
Never said one thing about marvel bruh..
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #16
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbob View Post
Sure. I'd be cool with her. (I want to do a height check, tho. Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
check out this cool fan-made wonder woman short...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATiV3gmy-Q

it also looked like wonder woman will be introduced to the MoS sequel - Superman vs Batman...

http://geektyrant.com/news/wonder-woman-being-cast-for-batman-vs-superman

personally, id prefer a solo wonder woman first before introducing the character with major franchises, that way, casual moviegoers will have an idea as to the character's backstory
Seen the short, and I'll reserve criticism. It was very decent. One clear negative: I've got the same vibes Thor gave me, which is to say when you juxtapose two worlds, I don't feel equally interested in them. Just one - the character's homeworld.

If they go that route, tough sell maybe.

The linked article I may have read. Is this the one on speculation about the casting call?

Quote:
Well since everyones going for actresses who can act or super models(I mean really guys?) then just go with Kate Beckinsale. As far as Gina Carano I mean she is a UFC fighter what do you expect Angelina Jolie talent of acting?

Lena Headey wouldnt be a bad choice but she is 40.
If the supermodel can act and fits the role, let her have it. Or would you like to explain why being a supermodel is a negative?

Also, the top three are my wish list, but I'm fine with moderately well known and relatively unknown so long as she can act, can pull off the physicality, and gets/portrays the character well.

It would just be a huge bonus to get a name, as you know.

Lena would be better than Kate, imo. Or I would prefer her, anyway. (There's the height thing, though. You guys have got to start posting heights.) I'd hope we could get past ageism in casting (there are exceptions like RDJ), but it seems to be more for men than women. Ben is 41, so is Jennifer (though the woman doesn't look it, imo).

So, I'd hope they could look past the age.

As for Gina, I know who/what she is. I still expected better than what she delivered acting-wise. My real beef with Haywire, though, was with Soderberg. Totally disagreed with Ebert on it.

I didn't want Angelina's level of acting, just better. And I wanted a sense of style, confidence and charisma that makes most good action stars what they are, regardless of the fact they won't win any Oscars. She can kick my ass anytime, bro...anytime...but Gina couldn't even drink a glass of wine without making a weird, sour face. Painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwAyN3 View Post
Ahhhh!! you beat me to it.

I love wonder women, but i'm done with this trend of super hero movies hollywood is putting together. Leave the popular and well known heroes alone.

How about a movie explaining the Martian Manhunter's story before joining JL, his life on mars. A movie with a villian's perspective doomsday creation and his battles throughtout the universe. Shuma Gorath dimensional destruction. Blackheart not the emo one from the ghost rider film. The original, start the film with him turning/controlling some of marvels heroes like Punisher and Wolverine. < How cool would that be?
It would be cool, indeed. But you said it yourself: it's a trend. Until Hollywood exhausts it/it stops being profitable or until some sharp writer and/or director successfully makes something new (in which case the studios, producers, respective owners of the titles/characters support it), it won't change anytime soon, I think.

Duce, they make good films though. Most of the time. Some of the time...

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 10-05-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

What would you have wanted, avengers without hulk, captain america or ironman. i mean you'd probably have preffered luke cage and obviously ironfist along with daredevil. heck for the sake of it, the punisher as avengers.

get real Buddy, if you are gonna do a justice league movie for the fans, you have to use those who actually formed it. and perhaps keep one out and push the one you want. aka why they removed aquaman in the animated and placed hawkgirl instead. they dont have a choice, may you like it or not.

one thing i love about DC is the clear difference between marve and DC. marvel has a lot more colors. DC is dark and gloomy. knowing the dark and gloomy or if you preffer the edgy style as they call it. then you know as well as i do that age and physics wont matter. just like nolans batman and Snyders man of steel, Wonder Women will be nothing like the original super hero.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure who your post is directed at, Karma.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
SnuggLes__
Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 153
SnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura aboutSnuggLes__ has a spectacular aura about
Visit SnuggLes__'s Twitter Visit SnuggLes__'s YouTube

I was going to say Gina Carano... But fist you have massive amount of hatred in your heart that needs to be resolved... A ton.. lol

A good director can hide sub par acting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends#Forever
SolidSnake76: out of school....
(-Kam-): Good you made it through another day.
SolidSnake76: shut up...
(-Kam-): that's the spirit.
SnuggLes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggLes__ View Post
I was going to say Gina Carano... But fist you have massive amount of hatred in your heart that needs to be resolved... A ton.. lol
I shouldn't have lol'd but I did. I don't know if it's hatred, but there's a black hole round about where my heart should be, yes.

Quote:
A good director can hide sub par acting..
Maybe. You make a great point, and it ties into why I blame Soderberg (and the writer), and disagree with Ebert.

Soderberg is a good director. A lot of people like him. I don't know, but maybe I don't like him. Maybe that's it. The only thing I can remember liking was Oceans 11 (and not really any of the sequels).

My problem with Haywire was it could've been a decent action-thriller, but they tried to elevate the genre to some art-house-y type style...and it didn't work for me. It had a weird dated ('70s?) espionage thriller feel, with this very modern, ass-kicking female operator sometimes having to pretend to be the classic dinner-party-going-femme-fatale. Her acting in everything but the action scenes didn't really hold up, and I didn't think he could hide it. (In part because the story asked her to do things she couldn't really do...)

Many good action films have a joy, a sense of fun even in the danger, and basic plot that doesn't twist itself into a pretzel like Haywire's did in order to seem smarter than it is and wind up convoluted, imo. It also wasn't fun.

If Haywire stuck to the basics and sold the film on high-octane action, and an action star who can draw an audience with likability, on-screen presence and physicality (especially if it really is their background/it's not make-believe. Gina fits that category), the film would've been better off, imo.

I'm all for pushing new talent to strive to be better, but this was her first starring role, her vehicle. The film shouldn't have asked Gina to do things we expect from Angelina, because Angelina would hurt herself trying to do what Gina does.

So, I think I blame Soderberg and the writer for making what could've been a great action vehicle for her into something that bored me, and showed Gina's weaknesses.

If Gina's acting can improve to the levels needed for the film, I'm with you and everyone else who wants her as WW. (I haven't seen Fast 6, btw, but I'm pretty sure she was impressive in it.) It's just that I don't think she can improve fast enough to keep pace with the superhero team trend/bubble.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Lena would be better than Kate, imo. Or I would prefer her, anyway. (There's the height thing, though. You guys have got to start posting heights.)
Honestly I dont think the height matters. Especially thinking of someone like Wolverine and how Hugh Jackman was way too tall for the part yet did very well. All Im concerned with is how well built they can get and at least half way decent acting. Thats why I said Lena Headey because she has done physical roles in the past and fit all those parts well. She wasnt a half bad Sarah Connor either.

The reason I complain about super models is because Megan Fox and the other dreaded woman from the Transformers series. She continues to get roles only because she looks pretty and 9 times out of 10 thats all they look for when it comes to super models turned actresses. I can count on one hand the models who ended up being good to decent actresses.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

i have to agree on that one...
usually on shows now a days its all about super beautifull women and not about their acting. many TV shows and movies are elevated purely by which girls play in it.

and my earlier post was for DamnGRB.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #23
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Well since everyones going for actresses who can act or super models(I mean really guys?)
This though, was confusing, or misdirected then. I saw Fader's mention of Megan, and she's the only one I didn't have a response about in his list. I don't take her seriously as an actress.

No evidence the giant Aussie model he mentioned is a bad actress, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. If she can act, she'd do just fine.

Quote:
Honestly I dont think the height matters. Especially thinking of someone like Wolverine and how Hugh Jackman was way too tall for the part yet did very well. All Im concerned with is how well built they can get and at least half way decent acting. Thats why I said Lena Headey because she has done physical roles in the past and fit all those parts well. She wasnt a half bad Sarah Connor either.

The reason I complain about super models is because Megan Fox and the other dreaded woman from the Transformers series. She continues to get roles only because she looks pretty and 9 times out of 10 thats all they look for when it comes to super models turned actresses. I can count on one hand the models who ended up being good to decent actresses.
Only two were mentioned though, by Fader. But you were all, "No more models!" and beating us with wire hangers. D:

Point taken, but we weren't all model-blinded, and if they can act, cool.

As for height, maybe they can pull it off with lifts...Lena is 5' 5" 1/2...

Old 10-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #24
xfaderx

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

To be honest, no idea if she can act, so odds are probably against her, but she must be ok because she was officially cast when they first decided to make the movie.

Height probably really isn't that big an issue anyway these days as noted in previous posts with Jackman and Wolverine.

Lets just get someone who can act and looks the part and let the director and movie magic do the rest.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #25
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.

When this either dies down, I (or someone else feels like making it), or they actually pick an actress for WW, we're gonna need a The Search for Black Panther thread.