SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new server or update Tourney server (~SiNiK~) New Features 36 04-05-2008 09:57 AM
Tourney msk_ken Challenges and Tournaments 20 06-26-2006 01:14 AM
Śmen vs sfo tourney fussion Challenges and Tournaments 1 01-22-2006 02:04 PM

Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough
Default THE TOURNEY SERVER

So what exactly does it do again...aside from restricting players from using VIP perks.

At first i thought it made everything UNVIND aswell but thats obviously not the case.

Does it restrict creeds at all? Or does it provide a faster connection than the other servers?( in that case what is the fastest server). I wanna know o0

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: THE TOURNEY SERVER

Yes its disable the Vip perks and Creeds. and basicly who ever come to tourney server , coming to play and fights his tourney matches , so .. if there is a tourney - usually you will find users that waiting to fight other players for some tourney at Tourney Server etc..
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureGonnaLuvMe View Post
so .. if there is a tourney - usually you will find users that waiting to fight other players for some tourney at Tourney Server etc..

Thanks...in my years of playing i never new that...

... ... ... ...

Nvm...

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 11-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
YoureGonnaLuvMe
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 350
YoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the roughYoureGonnaLuvMe is a jewel in the rough

Unlike DWX and/or Backup servers, which users use for "normal" fights , who ever comes to Tounery Server usually sitting and waiting for his match , meaning : you dont have to search and/or ask users like players do on DWX server if they are particpiating on "random" tourney .
You are welcome = ]
YoureGonnaLuvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Crying-FrEEman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Crying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
Or does it provide a faster connection than the other servers?( in that case what is the fastest server). I wanna know o0
Tournament server would definitly be the one with the least lag due to it was set up for tournaments, it also disables the VIP perks and its not used much hence the lag with reduce.

Go Hard ... OR ... Go Home!

Xtreme X Clan

Need For Speed Launch Sydney 2010

Enter Sick Pick

Crying-FrEEman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Slam2Fast
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Slam2Fast is an unknown quantity at this pointSlam2Fast is an unknown quantity at this pointSlam2Fast is an unknown quantity at this pointSlam2Fast is an unknown quantity at this pointSlam2Fast is an unknown quantity at this point

for some reason i thought you knew this all, since you're a "Pr0"
Slam2Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

again crying freeman, you speak something that is not true...
this game uses peer to peer connection. thus once you host a game, people connect to you, not the server, thus the server lag isn't affecting the game at all, since once in the game rooms, you are not using the server anymore.

to answer the original question, because i think latios was being sarcastic to the answer of luvme. yes the tourney server is basically disabling vip perks, vindicator perks and creed. if something isn't done as it should, you should definitely report it.

are you meaning it doesn't stop vindication ?
because yes people can get in with vindicator on, but vindication move shouldn't work.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 185
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

I'm pretty sure that if you have vindicator on and you're not on unvind mode you'll be playing a vindicated game with no VIP

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
(~_PortaLioN_~)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (~_PortaLioN_~)'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you have vindicator on and you're not on unvind mode you'll be playing a vindicated game with no VIP
this is true. i think vip perks* its whats not allowed since it wouldn't be fair if some1 had +10attack and +10 defence creeed and vip perks which cause more damage to the characters. so i think the porpuse for Tourney server is basically to keep the level of power the same so no unfair matches and no1 complaining about what happened in the tourney.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

Exactly...Game Vinicator stops hack and creates glitches...well not exactly the vind moves need to be tweaked (Ryu's dragon kick is invincible to fireballs wdf) and some moves gotta go (Sakura's bubble, went from a great offensive but highly spammable super to complety useless)
Lightning~Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Karma for giving me the answer i was looking for and noticing my sarcasim.

Yeah i mainly wanted to know if it was supposed to stop vindicated moves aswell, as thats what it did in the past but im sure the last time i tried it out vindicated moves do get through in that server.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 11-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
((HF)Kindaru
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 970
((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about((HF)Kindaru has a spectacular aura about
Visit ((HF)Kindaru's Twitter Visit ((HF)Kindaru's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
So what exactly does it do again...aside from restricting players from using VIP perks.

At first i thought it made everything UNVIND aswell but thats obviously not the case.

Does it restrict creeds at all? Or does it provide a faster connection than the other servers?( in that case what is the fastest server). I wanna know o0
Tournament server is just another casual server but with its special perk: Restricts VIP which you of course know. It doesnt make everything unvind because if you realize tournament server exists for mostly tournaments, so that doesnt involve anything with unvind, since if you realize no server involves any type of modes exactly. It does restrict creed if i am right and no it doesnt concern connection at all since server lag and host lag is 2 different genres. If you realize as Karma said hosting means you gain lag from there since your not even in the server anymore. True. But most servers can cause intense lag especially towards login. Am i wrong since i CAN prove that true. Dont forget our little lag login problem a while back. So most servers can affect anything but hosting is different. Because if you realize again, when you host as Karma said which i repeated you arent in the server its similar to leaving the server, once you leave the server you wont seem like you will lag because you may have a slow down computer. So lag is caused by 3 things: A slow azz computer *Anything below the 90s (1990s) computers, 2: A virus, for ex: Say freeman has a bad pc virus and host he will stop in and out because of it. So it will seem like no progress is being made, and 3: Randomly slow cpu. As in, you randomly get low cpu for no apparent reason because maybe your sfo has so much things going on. But i think that part may be very much wrong the 2nd to last sentence.

Bump: Lawl, i realized the sarcasm either way but i still chose to answer it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying-FrEEman View Post
Man! I laugh so hard when i read this i probably popped a hernia, now i might lose
"The beginning is the end, and the end is the beginning. Well then, let us begin again. To each, tell their own tale."- Mahiro Fuwa
<-- Definition of new everything
((HF)Kindaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
Crying-FrEEman
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Crying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura aboutCrying-FrEEman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
again crying freeman, you speak something that is not true...
this game uses peer to peer connection. thus once you host a game, people connect to you, not the server, thus the server lag isn't affecting the game at all, since once in the game rooms, you are not using the server anymore.
Karma i know its a peer to peer connection and your probably right on everything but for me Its my experience that i have had when playing in a full server and trust me theres many more who will say the same.

K .. even if im wrong my experience on SFO when theres a full server is much more pleasent when im in a quite server and that goes for a few other players besides myself.

Go Hard ... OR ... Go Home!

Xtreme X Clan

Need For Speed Launch Sydney 2010

Enter Sick Pick

Crying-FrEEman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

Again, thank you karma for the response. All whose who gave responses too, much appreciated.

I feel this has been answered sufficiently enough.

*Warrants A Closure of Topic*

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 11-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

glad to have gave you the answer to the question, i like questions !

freeman, servers and game rooms aren'T the same you cannot compare both and if you weren't... you are barely saying there is less lag when it comes to chatting in the servers, because thats all the server does. saying this or that server makes fights less laggy is total bull****. it would end up saying, its windy here because a tomato fell down a tree back in japan.

theory of chaos anyone ?
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote