SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barac Obama Is President.. What needs To Be Done LadyChamp General 22 11-06-2008 06:33 PM
a cry for peace ~john316~ Banners, Avatars and Images 10 07-26-2008 04:20 PM
Rest in Peace EvilAkuma General 14 12-07-2007 06:03 PM
Peace out yall (_ForgottenLegend_) RaNdOm iNsAnItY 20 01-29-2007 09:13 PM
What is your definition of peace? hugovaz General 29 01-14-2007 10:21 PM

Old 10-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
Killer
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY
Default Re: President Obama - 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate

not at the fact that he's black, more along the lines of him being OBAMA.

There hasn't been a President with this much watch. Not even clinton was looked at day after day by CNN. Every move he does is history, and his influence caused him not only to be nominated..

He's charismatic, and i honestly doubt if Hillary took office, she wouldn't get this award. Even if there was ANOTHER BLACK PRESIDENT.. i don't think that guy would've got it. He IS change. Metaphorically, Symbolically, Literally. I just hope it isn't hype. I knew he was going to get it regardless, but he honestly doesn't deserve it now.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #27
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ Oct. 14 2009,19:01)]Did you actually read my post, Bob? I honestly have to ask. When Elena mentioned him not being bush, I didnít argue with it because thatís part of the reason he was nominated/awarded. When Liger states that the sole reason Obama was nominated/awarded the Nobel prize is because heís the first black POTUS, I find that notion stupid.

Reasons why I think he was nominated/awarded - in no particular order,

-A repudiation of President Bush, the Neocons who enabled him, supported him, wrote the policies he enacted, and the policies themselves which affected the US country and the world.

-First black president; the recognition that America has come a long way to move past its dark, very un-peaceful history.

-I believe them when they said it was to encourage him to follow a path to peace instead of war (Afghanistan and Iraq? He inherited those), his nuclear disarmament aspirations, and his wish to engage in a dialogue with perceived hostile nations rather than lie, look for reasons to justify your aggression, bomb first, sacrifice thousands of lives, and ask questions later.

-And Iíve heard this one, but itís just starting to sink in as I think about it more; the award was a thank you to the nation that elected him to office and a recognition of America itself as a nation.

Bob & VIP, do you agree with Liger's opinion that he was nominated and awarded for being the first black POTUS alone? Or do you feel it was the primary reason?
I also don't think his race has anything to do with it. I doubt Norwegians view race in the same aspect as we do.

People should win prizes for what they DID, not what they aspire to, or their future plans
I want world peace and to end hunger, where's my award?

I don't see a single legitimate reason why he was nominated. It's like giving me a phD the first week of freshman year in college.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #28
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Well, while we disagree on some things, guys, I am glad you made your points clear. I misunderstood your earlier posts. Honestly, a lot of the time I hate short posts that don't explain how the writer actually feels.

Thanks.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #29
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (TitaniumFist @ Oct. 14 2009,19:01)]When Liger states that the sole reason Obama was nominated/awarded the Nobel prize is because heís the first black POTUS, I find that notion stupid.
To bad that really is the only reason because people only say everything he does is history or change because he is "Black". Sorry to say it but its all true, whenever people go back and talk about other presidents and compare to Obama apearently they have never done anything for this country. Then when a Wilson yealled out "you lie" apearently he is racist because Obama is "black". if people were too look back in history they would now people have shouted out before and even walked out during those.

To say he won the prize because of the thing he "Says" he is going to do now that is stupid. Also no he hasnt done anything, all he has done is made the crisis much worse and its going to continue to get much worse because he is just a big celebrity.

As far is dismantling are nuclear arms is stupid because then we would be defensless. Everything he says is a middle finger to the first amendment.

No I dont read through your posts, i dont really care to talk about the countrys biggest moron.

I just call it like i see it, end of story.

Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #30
Zpower
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough

Liger Zero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To bad that really is the only reason because people only say everything he does is history or change because he is "Black".
Well, technically, he is neither "black" or "white"; he is biracial. Apparently, people have forgotten the word bi-racial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say it but its all true, whenever people go back and talk about other presidents and compare to Obama apearently they have never done anything for this country.
Absolutely false. I don't know what people you're referring to, but the people I talk to and majority of the people I've listen to, know that there are other presidents that have done great things for the United States. I think you might want to start talking to more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Then when a Wilson yealled out "you lie" apearently he is racist because Obama is "black". if people were too look back in history they would now people have shouted out before and even walked out during those.
First off, Obama is bi-racial. Secondly, calling Wilson a racist was the opinion of some people but not all people. Your statement makes it seem like everyone who was against what Wilson did thought or still thinks he is a racist and that simply isn't true. Either way, what Wilson did was wrong. There is a time and place for everything. Aren't you the same guy who said Kanye West was wrong for what he did? This is basically the same thing but worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To say he won the prize because of the thing he "Says" he is going to do now that is stupid.
The Noble Peace Prize has been giving out, at times, not just to those individuals who have demonstrated excellence in world peace, but it has been given out, in the past, as a momentum builder for peace. Your statement is that of someone who doesn't exactly know what the Noble Peace Prize truly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also no he hasnt done anything, all he has done is made the crisis much worse and its going to continue to get much worse because he is just a big celebrity.
This statement is pure ridiculous. For one, Barrack Obama has done a lot while being the president. One of the major recent things, he has done, is pushing for universal health care. Do you even remember the whole stimulus package? I guess some other president did that huh? The point is rather good or bad Barrack Obama has done things and is still doing things and has and still trying to solve problems while being the president of the United States of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]As far is dismantling are nuclear arms is stupid because then we would be defensless. Everything he says is a middle finger to the first amendment.
Um no. If the United States dismantled all of their nuclear weapons, they would still be a force to reckon with. I guess you forgot about all the non-nuclear weapons the United States has and not to mention the superior military training and combat ready soldiers they have all around the world ready to attack, at a moments notice. Also, the United States will never dismantle all of their nuclear weapons. That is just a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]No I dont read through your posts, i dont really care to talk about the countrys biggest moron. I just call it like i see it, end of story.
That is a completely ridiculous comment. Hey, I just call it like I see it.

I don't agree with everything Obama has done or is doing, but I'm not going to sit here and just flat out lie about the guy and say he hasn't done anything or hasn't tried to do anything to better the United States.

rewopzmaI
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #31
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Z, you said just about everything I wanted to in a reply to Liger. Saved me a few mintues this morning.

I never forget he's half-white and half black, but it's just commonplace to call him black now it seems.

And Liger, I actually only asked Bob if he read my post. I don't care if you don't. We're so far apart in opinion, it wouldn't make a difference if you did would it? Nope.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #32
Rockman

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Rockman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ Oct. 16 2009,09:07)]Liger Zero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To bad that really is the only reason because people only say everything he does is history or change because he is "Black".
Well, technically, he is neither "black" or "white"; he is biracial. Apparently, people have forgotten the word bi-racial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say it but its all true, whenever people go back and talk about other presidents and compare to Obama apearently they have never done anything for this country.
Absolutely false. I don't know what people you're referring to, but the people I talk to and majority of the people I've listen to, know that there are other presidents that have done great things for the United States. I think you might want to start talking to more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Then when a Wilson yealled out "you lie" apearently he is racist because Obama is "black". if people were too look back in history they would now people have shouted out before and even walked out during those.
First off, Obama is bi-racial. Secondly, calling Wilson a racist was the opinion of some people but not all people. Your statement makes it seem like everyone who was against what Wilson did thought or still thinks he is a racist and that simply isn't true. Either way, what Wilson did was wrong. There is a time and place for everything. Aren't you the same guy who said Kanye West was wrong for what he did? This is basically the same thing but worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To say he won the prize because of the thing he "Says" he is going to do now that is stupid.
The Noble Peace Prize has been giving out, at times, not just to those individuals who have demonstrated excellence in world peace, but it has been given out, in the past, as a momentum builder for peace. Your statement is that of someone who doesn't exactly know what the Noble Peace Prize truly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also no he hasnt done anything, all he has done is made the crisis much worse and its going to continue to get much worse because he is just a big celebrity.
This statement is pure ridiculous. For one, Barrack Obama has done a lot while being the president. One of the major recent things, he has done, is pushing for universal health care. Do you even remember the whole stimulus package? I guess some other president did that huh? The point is rather good or bad Barrack Obama has done things and is still doing things and has and still trying to solve problems while being the president of the United States of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]As far is dismantling are nuclear arms is stupid because then we would be defensless. Everything he says is a middle finger to the first amendment.
Um no. If the United States dismantled all of their nuclear weapons, they would still be a force to reckon with. I guess you forgot about all the non-nuclear weapons the United States has and not to mention the superior military training and combat ready soldiers they have all around the world ready to attack, at a moments notice. Also, the United States will never dismantle all of their nuclear weapons. That is just a pipe dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]No I dont read through your posts, i dont really care to talk about the countrys biggest moron. I just call it like i see it, end of story.

I don't agree with everything Obama has done or is doing, but I'm not going to sit here and just flat out lie about the guy and say he hasn't done anything or hasn't tried to do anything to better the United States.
well either he just like owned him with words or he couldnt reply to it what a shame
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #33
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rockman @ Oct. 17 2009,07:56)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Zpower @ Oct. 16 2009,09:07)]Liger Zero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

well either he just like owned him with words or he couldnt reply to it what a shame
Or perhaps i dont want to reply cause half the crap he said i already know as far as him being half white. since all the news ch's say he is all black people dont ever research and try to argue that he is full black so why say any different. this country is full of un educated morons.

so no rockman he didnt own me with words i just dont care to type long boring posts like they do because im just online to have fun.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote