SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Banners, Avatars and Images

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stage Namer Kim-Kam New Features 16 05-04-2011 12:57 AM
Stage Murder-Ink Banners, Avatars and Images 10 07-20-2009 11:48 AM
Who can get me a new stage? Realokdevilakuma Members Help Center 11 07-04-2009 02:07 PM
9/11 memorial topic. azncat General 11 09-14-2007 11:55 PM
Add dwx c2 last stage. blockattack New Features 3 06-09-2006 01:29 AM

Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 76
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough
Default Memorial Stage...?

So let me begin by saying "I am not a GFX Person!"
..but, I did want to make this stage, but didn't have time until today...not really have time..but i squeezed in time.

I wanted to make a 9/11 Memorial stage...It's not to good but it was the though.

^^EDITED VERSION! [2.0]

Now I wonder if there is any Elite willing to let me test how this would look in the game.

[Note:] If any GFX wants to make a better looking one...please go ahead

Last edited by -Elite_Ken-; 09-18-2011 at 05:36 PM.
-Elite_Ken- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 185
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Memorial Stage...?

Yeah... this would look pretty bad in-game.

Good try though.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I don't mind the stage, but I would put the graphic from the middle on the building onthe right and adjust the angle to make it look like its part of the building...

I definitely encourage all stage building... there's simply not enough of it going on anymore!
xfaderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Do not use photo-realistic images (exactly what you have). This was one of the rules when we first started level design. Do not ask an EVip to add the level until you fix this. (Perhaps find renders of the towers, or artist renditions, or create your own. But no photo-realistic images. Even if you see some EVip's using them already.)

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.

Last edited by TitaniumFist; 09-13-2011 at 10:30 PM.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like
-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough-Elite_Ken- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Do not use photo-realistic images (exactly what you have). This was one of the rules when we first started level design. Do not ask an EVip to add the level until you fix this. (Perhaps find renders of the towers, or artist renditions, or create your own. But no photo-realistic images. Even if you see some EVip's using them already.)
Thanks, note taken. Am going to re-do this when i got the time

Thanks guy for awesome honest feedback.

Last edited by -Elite_Ken-; 09-14-2011 at 02:05 PM.
-Elite_Ken- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

There is a way to Cartoon-i-fy it a bit. If you have PS try using the Surface Blur. & Various other things to make it look less realistic and more "comic-Like" If you have the PDS of this I would "TRY" to fix it up and make it suitable for the game.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

I re did it.

[Picture Updated]
Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 185
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Looks alot better now. Sadface @ the all black buildings though, I would've gave them some light to complement the sunset.

--------------------------------------------------------

donkios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

its a cool idea... i might have a go at some stage later too.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #10
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
its a cool idea... i might have a go at some stage later too.
Yeah some pro's on this Idea would be awesome , But fade...is it possible u can make me have this stage for testing for like a day..or an hour? I really want to see it in an "in game preview". Or any one really.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

Graphically, this will work in the game. However, it now resembles a reenactment of 9/11 instead of a memorial. For that reason, it is not appropriate.

Please try again.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Graphically, this will work in the game. However, it now resembles a reenactment of 9/11 instead of a memorial. For that reason, it is not appropriate.

Please try again.
kk, Ill do some more editing on this later today when I make it home.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #13
trunks_1242
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
trunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enoughtrunks_1242 will become famous soon enough

If this is their first time doing any sort of gfx related material what your all saying isn't gonna make sense to him/her.

As far as the stages goes, having the airplane look like it was going to crash is a NO NO.

A Memorial stage for this would best suit if you did something with a NY theme that doesn't involve tragedy.

Where gfx takes part, have a look at some examples and implement your own ideas.

T-fist gave some great advice.

Hopefully this helps. =)

Retro From The Getgo.
Thanks Lab.
trunks_1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
(-PakistaN-)

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road(-PakistaN-) is on a distinguished road
Visit (-PakistaN-)'s Facebook

Yeah, why the heck did you put the plane there? Maybe just put the towers, and bring out their detail and colour. But, as you say, your not a GFX person, so do what you can

\
(-PakistaN-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #15
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I added two New quick versions. [On First Page.]
Old 09-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #16
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

its okay, you should have just use the "NYC" stage ground, or the "Roof-Tops" stage ground instead of this ground. Also make the clouds/sky blue/white. It looks to ominous.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

it would look much nicer with a full nightime skyline, rather than just the whole black... i was looking for some building to use but its hard to find any
Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
-Elite_Ken-
EVIP

Post Thanks / Like

1. The NYC Background was too small...so it would be too pixelized...it was my first choice.

2. the Roof Tops seemed to colorfull...I actually did want a dark theme.

3. Its hard to find some SFO possible full set buildings..[Unless I cartoonized them]...so I went with the whole silhouette thing.

Over All...I think I did alright since am bad at this stuff lol. [Pat on the Back] <- haha
Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

on the contrary i think photo realistic images can easily be used in this game...
after all the SNK stages do look good.

but its easy to cartoonise them.
colorise them, change their color settings a bit and add that stroke effect on their edges.

the actual black building is without real point, looking less good then optimal, if you would create your own "lighted" window in them and make some kind of random alignmement, then it would look better, then there is the gradient from black to say dark blue that would make the building look more alive.

think i'll take a shot at modifying the existing one and try to make it more alive.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote