SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTN: R.I users using 4chan slang TheDocJayC RaNdOm iNsAnItY 22 08-10-2007 11:39 AM
Slang talk Mercedes04 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 89 01-10-2007 03:53 PM
The word of the day ~MK~stewie RaNdOm iNsAnItY 13 11-28-2006 03:38 PM
Shutting down windows version of game rvca Members Help Center 5 07-24-2006 11:12 PM
Can't load the downloadable version of the game mastergrim8 Members Help Center 2 05-29-2006 07:51 AM

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Kim-Kam

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 388
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road
Default The N word In-Game (Slang Version)

I see it so often and It really starting to bother me, I mean I have said it before(not n game) but I dont anymore, maybe it's because I am from the south or whatever but I just dont like it.

Do you guys think the slang version is ok for the servers, or do you sometimes get offended by it?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: The N word In-Game (Slang Version)

i dont even understand what you are talking about...

the n word meaning a black women if i am right about it... is filtered if people bypass the filter to say it is still wrong.

just like i hate people who say FTW instead of dubya tee eff, both are the very same and both should be filtered.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 766
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

The N-Word does not mean a black women, But it is highly disrespectful to African-Americans due to obvious reasons. Although what "WE" (as a type of peoples) have tried to do with the word is, take away its inital meaning and power and turn it into something else. (Probably thus the reason you see us using a slightly altered version of the word). I am not saying this is okay, some people dont take offense to the word but also some people do. So I guess the word will have to be banned or any "in-game slanaged" versions. I.e "****" and various other ones (I will not post) I too find my self using that in-game, but lately I have been changing it up.

Overall I do agree the word should be filtered, but its not a VERY big deal.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Master_Jay

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6
Master_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really niceMaster_Jay is just really nice

Whatever context users may use the numerous variations of the "N" word in-game is irrelevant. It's offensive and profane, and is to be treated as such in-game as well as on the forum.
1. Master Jay (English scholar, who can destroy anyone verbally without actually attacking them)
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
i dont even understand what you are talking about...

the n word meaning a black women if i am right about it... is filtered if people bypass the filter to say it is still wrong.

just like i hate people who say FTW instead of dubya tee eff, both are the very same and both should be filtered.
Im not sure we are talking about the same word, and if we are its about all black people/African Americans.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 776
TitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of lightTitaniumFist is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not going to get into the N word debate, but as concerns SFO, there are at least 200 'N' word entries or slang/bypass variations of it (it's really 245) between the chat filter and banned username phrases for SFO and SFX.

I think that answers your question.

What offends everyone individually often does not matter if the rules are clear; if it is filtered, stop trying to find ways to say it in-game. People are however free to call themselves whatever they like in MSN, or in private, where the only rules on prohibited content of IMs are the ones you set for yourselves.

Edit: Two minutes too slow. M_J (who I'm sure conjured up most of the 245 entries) has given you the short version.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like

I never typed the word, so I did not know whether it was filtered or not.
However I do get offended by it, but I know numerous people who don't and think it is acceptable so I did not make a report because.
What is offensive to me may not be offensive to others , hence the reason for this topic. Because I don't like the word and I just wanted to know the protocol around that.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
-AD-thedestruction

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2
-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough-AD-thedestruction will become famous soon enough
Visit -AD-thedestruction's Facebook Visit -AD-thedestruction's YouTube

idk why but i find the words N!qq3r and N!qq@
two different words.. hence, is why i get angry when people say N!qq3r.
idgaf if they say N!qq@

*sorry for going around it..i just didnt know how to really explain the differences in a small def. every time i wanted to say the word.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Have you actually BEEN on the internet in the past, oh, 15 years?

ANYWHERE you can use a racial slur, there's someone ready to throw it at you with every fiber of his conviction.

It's pointless.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AD-thedestruction View Post
idk why but i find the words N!qq3r and N!qq@
two different words.. hence, is why i get angry when people say N!qq3r.
idgaf if they say N!qq@

*sorry for going around it..i just didnt know how to really explain the differences in a small def. every time i wanted to say the word.
You know .. You really didn't have to actually bypass the filter to make your point ... Just say "N word".

Racial slurs are always going to be around ... Racism will end once the human race dies out. It is just in our power to prevent it the best way possible (in which has been said 2-3 different ways now) within the community. Its probably the most annoying thing, yes, but in the end, you just have to expect it to happen.

However, we will try the best to prevent it.

^
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
1-hitta

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2433
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post
Have you actually BEEN on the internet in the past, oh, 15 years?

ANYWHERE you can use a racial slur, there's someone ready to throw it at you with every fiber of his conviction.

It's pointless.
I for once agree with this man's statement.

Cyber Akuma -- Brought to you by SFO Underground!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

when i said black women, it was referrencing to the origins of the word which i think was to be the same as the b word but for black people. thats all...

all in all, i said the same thing as MJ did, only his was more precise...
if its filtered it is, reguardless of how slang'ed you say it, you should still not be able to say it at all...

if you guys see a person using a slang'ed, switched up languaged word that you know is filtered... then let us know and we will act.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
Zetca

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
Zetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura about

What about the spanish word of that which Elena seems to use alot xD

Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #14
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Racial slurs, even used in casual conversation or jokingly is prohibited.
Point blank. If its in SFO, you get banned.

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 149
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

what would happen if everything was filtered? no more english
i 'd say every black born from United State use that term on each other. don't go saying that its offensive on less you where born from the motherlands of Africa. i was born in Cameroon, Africa. though people call me that word i still laugh because it doesn't apply to where i come from, only a person born in the U.S would find that offensive. you know what a friend of mine say that we Africans are better than the blacks here. i say if its disciplined your correct but if its about originality your wrong. so if i don't see it as a big deal you shouldn't if its spelled wrong. what any staff member would have said by now. correct me if am wrong.

Quote:
i honestly think swear words should be banned completely, it's not nice to type them thru in-game chats.

Also, talking about someone'e else cultures is kinda wrong too. Unless if a nub thinks it's funny. However, i don't.
you should read what i just said

Last edited by DARK-RAIKEN-X; 08-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
(AK)
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point(AK) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (AK)'s Facebook Visit (AK)'s YouTube

i honestly think swear words should be banned completely, it's not nice to type them thru in-game chats.

Also, talking about someone'e else cultures is kinda wrong too. Unless if a nub thinks it's funny. However, i don't.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

I have just learn'd to ignore it but it should not be used on SFO so i belive using it should get you a nice ban!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #18
Zetca

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 75
Zetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura aboutZetca has a spectacular aura about

You know what's more sad...? I actually hear kids saying these kind of slurs... : /

Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #19
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

This been going on ever since i 1st started...the a @ the end is like a friend, your ace

I.E. Tim is my n***a

The er is the racist remark talking about black people...

I.E. N****rs hang like apples on trees

but the er is not really to black people like myself...the definition is "An ignorant person" so there can be white, asain, mexican, etc.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
daddypete
Outstanding Member

Post Thanks / Like
daddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enoughdaddypete will become famous soon enough
Visit daddypete's Facebook

what ppl say we can't control....but what ppl type in the chat of sfo/forum we can ^_^.....remember we got to keep it rated PG-13 around here.....

Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-RAIKEN-X View Post
what would happen if everything was filtered? no more english
i 'd say every black born from United State use that term on each other. don't go saying that its offensive on less you where born from the motherlands of Africa. i was born in Cameroon, Africa. though people call me that word i still laugh because it doesn't apply to where i come from, only a person born in the U.S would find that offensive. you know what a friend of mine say that we Africans are better than the blacks here. i say if its disciplined your correct but if its about originality your wrong. so if i don't see it as a big deal you shouldn't if its spelled wrong. what any staff member would have said by now. correct me if am wrong.

you should read what i just said
No Offense but your post seems so ignorant to me. Every black person DOES NOT use that term on each other, because I don't hence this topic. I may have said the word before, but it is deff not an every day occurence in my vocabulary.

True I was not born in Africa, but do you know where slaves came from and the whole continental drift and DNA research. If I am correct aren't we all descendants of Africa, or most of us anyway and how can someone say we Africans are better than blacks, no one is better than anyone.I thought I was offended before but sheesh I really am disgusted now.

Edit:English is English, this is slang we are talking about. You can not have slang and still have English unless you just do not know how to speak. There is a dictionary full of great, capable words, some offensive and others not so much. If it is too much of a stretch to tone down what you say in SFO then you do not need to be here. It is a chat for goodness sake. Everyone does not like stuff like that so just show respect for them and control what you say.

Last edited by Kim-Kam; 08-08-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
(~_PortaLioN_~)
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point(~_PortaLioN_~) is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit (~_PortaLioN_~)'s YouTube

hmm it does need fixing alot of people especially new people will see that stuff and start copying and its pretty offending to me and basically who thinks this is rasicm.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

People just say it to be cool. It's just society today although I don't understand why people go through the hassle of makign new words to slip through the filter. I don't think they say it to be racist it's really just how people use the word today, not that I agree with it or anything

btw was I the only one who caught that Karma thought FTW was the same as dubya tee eff? lolz.

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #24
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough

I'm not gonna lie, at least this kinda better than people who swear all day everyday tryna be cool, i mean really like they can't even say 6 words without saying a swear...its annoying and VERY wack really.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #25
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

KAT STACKS

--------------------------------------------------------

Closed Thread