SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ATTN: R.I users using 4chan slang TheDocJayC RaNdOm iNsAnItY 22 08-10-2007 12:39 PM
Slang talk Mercedes04 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 89 01-10-2007 04:53 PM
The word of the day ~MK~stewie RaNdOm iNsAnItY 13 11-28-2006 04:38 PM
Shutting down windows version of game rvca Members Help Center 5 07-25-2006 12:12 AM
Can't load the downloadable version of the game mastergrim8 Members Help Center 2 05-29-2006 08:51 AM

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #26
Lightning~Bolt
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 5
Lightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enoughLightning~Bolt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The N word In-Game (Slang Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkios View Post
KAT STACKS
H0E!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #27
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 149
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim-Kam View Post
No Offense but your post seems so ignorant to me. Every black person DOES NOT use that term on each other, because I don't hence this topic. I may have said the word before, but it is deff not an every day occurence in my vocabulary.

True I was not born in Africa, but do you know where slaves came from and the whole continental drift and DNA research. If I am correct aren't we all descendants of Africa, or most of us anyway and how can someone say we Africans are better than blacks, no one is better than anyone.I thought I was offended before but sheesh I really am disgusted now.

Edit:English is English, this is slang we are talking about. You can not have slang and still have English unless you just do not know how to speak. There is a dictionary full of great, capable words, some offensive and others not so much. If it is too much of a stretch to tone down what you say in SFO then you do not need to be here. It is a chat for goodness sake. Everyone does not like stuff like that so just show respect for them and control what you say.
yeah kam i understand where you coming, you are correct there are a lot of different word but u know what they replace those terms every time a new word is created. think about it. correct on how you have culture that defines your background but discipline i think not for most blacks, opportunity yes but some waste it. when you look at those two words you don't fit in that category cause kam your a cool guy with a bright future. but for most black discipline they dont have so they use those terms because they heard it from somewhere. its the same as i hate to see young black teen pulling their pants down showing their buttocks(ass) thinking its a styles but do they know what that really means. that's why when i say discipline most black don't have. as for opportunity black's have the right to educate their mind but they let it go to waste because they cant put time and effort since everything is so hard to do. 2+2 an African would solve it with much thinking, 2+2 a black man would pick up a gun run down another block and shoot some innocent black all because he spoke the truth, yet we are hurting each other instead of preserving unity with our own blood.

Last edited by DARK-RAIKEN-X; 08-08-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #28
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 174
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough
Visit LadyChamp's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-RAIKEN-X View Post
yeah kam i understand where you coming, you are correct there are a lot of different word but u know what they replace those terms every time a new word is created. think about it. correct on how you have culture that defines your background but discipline i think not for most blacks, opportunity yes but some waste it. when you look at those two words you don't fit in that category cause kam your a cool guy with a bright future. but for most black discipline they dont have so they use those terms because they heard it from somewhere. its the same as i hate to see young black teen pulling their pants down showing their buttocks(ass) thinking its a styles but do they know what that really means. that's why when i say discipline most black don't have. as for opportunity black's have the right to educate their mind but they let it go to waste because they cant put time and effort since everything is so hard to do. 2+2 an African would solve it with much thinking, 2+2 a black man would pick up a gun run down another block and shoot some innocent black all because he spoke the truth, yet we are hurting each other instead of preserving unity with our own blood.
Not to blow this out of context i thinks its wrong for you to compare the 2 races its not africans and black's its African and African americans we are brothers were just from to seperate parts of the world i think thats what Kam said when he ment your post was ignorant and to be honest this is proof on some why the reason we Feel Some African's think and feel there suprior and better then African Americans We all simular and deal with the same problems in many ways.

But you are right some African americans do not choose to educate them selves but there are some that dont have a choice not to make an excuse and i really thank and happy that you choose help out But think about the people who cant afford to get the education they need sure you can get a loan to go to school but even doing that doesnt promise you that things will fall into place as you planned for an example you go to school you finish what ever your majoring in you come out of school still cant get a job then uh oh you have debt because you have to pay back the money that was loaned to you So school is not even an option for most people and remeber you dont have to be educated to make it in life sure its good to know things but thats not all it takes think about this even though it may not be right a person who sales drugs could be living 10 times better then the person whos very well educated and thats just the truth .

And as far as black on black crime goes here its been happening in many countries over in africa as well how many innocent africans have died do to the genocide in africa its apart of history and yes what you said was true but there were trible wars in africa before there were gang wars between african americans in the streets of The US.

This will probably be my last post not trying to make a big deal about this but this is just my outtake on what was said lol Debating is not really my thing as you may see.

Last edited by LadyChamp; 08-09-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #29
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
DARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enoughDARK-RAIKEN-X will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChamp View Post
Not to blow this out of context i thinks its wrong for you to compare the 2 races its not africans and black's its African and African americans we are brothers we just from to seperate colors i think thats what Kam said when he ment your post was ignorant this is proof on some why the reason why Feel Some African think and feel there suprior and better then African Americans We all simular and deal with the same problems in many ways.

But you are right some African americans do not choose to educate them selves but there are some that dont have a choice not to make an excuse and i really thank and happy that you choose help out But think about the people who can afford to get the education they need sure you can get a loan to go to school but even doing that doesnt promise you that things will fall in to place as you planned for an example you go to school you finish what ever your majoring in you come out of school still cant get a job then uh oh you have debt because you have to pay back the money that was loaned to you So school is not even an option for most people and remeber you dont have to be educated to make it in life sure its good to know things but thats not all it takes think about this even though it may not be right a person who sales drugs could be living 10 times better then the person whos very well educated and thats just the truth .

And as far as black on black crime goes here its been happening in many countries over in africa as well how many innocent africans have died do to the genocide in africa.

This will probably be my last post not trying to make a big deal about this but this is just my outtake on what was said lol.
well writing for that i commend you. and yeah we all face similar problems but not as far as genocide is for most Africans and African Americans in most countries. If that topic ever rises i might have to bring in exp of civil war and what other stuff happen to me at a young age that has that cost so many lives of Africans to protect till this day.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #30
DanteP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1511
DanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura about

I think i'm the only person posting that doesn't really care about the word lol.

PS - Call everyone of you one, cuz it's all <3

Year Of The Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Dante is the greatest SFO player of all time. Bar none. His record speaks for itself. The **** is a "Ch ante"? ****, that be some mad wannabe ****. Do something to prove your worth before you step into his league.

Kids these days.
^ Kids Take Note Of What Uncle Bahki Says ^

Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #31
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1474
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Written* @ Raiken.

And karma FTW = For the Win. Urbandictionary.com is your friend.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #32
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
LadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the roughLadyChamp is a jewel in the rough

Oh and to note something i forgot you say african born in the us should take offence to it but as i so call it slaves were brought to america from africa on ships if there went no africans there wouldnt be african americans there wouldnt be a topic about this and the n word would have never originated so i think it should be an offence to you as much as it is to me wouldnt you agree?

And dante thats not true if someone white called you that you would have a fit.

Last edited by LadyChamp; 08-09-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #33
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~Blaze View Post
Written* @ Raiken.

And karma FTW = For the Win. Urbandictionary.com is your friend.
thanks blaze, funny thing you actually understood what i had written
Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #34
DanteP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1511
DanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura aboutDanteP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Oh and to note something i forgot you say african born in the us should take offence to it but as i so call it slaves were brought to america from africa on ships if there went no africans there wouldnt be african americans there wouldnt be a topic about this and the n word would have never originated so i think it should be an offence to you as well and a serious matter to you as well wouldnt you agree?

And dante thats not true if someone white called you that you would have a fit.
I've got white homies that call me the so called N-Word, So I call them one back my pronunciation may be diff depending on the situation, place and how they say it.

Example, Everyone in this topic knows GangstaGoose I call him "my nig" every turn I get the chance to speak to him.

I do the same with Zhou_YuX, AlexanderX, Vengence, Adremm and many others, Lol like I said I really don't care about the word or being called one, Like the saying goes "Sticks and Stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me" It's just that simple.

Year Of The Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Dante is the greatest SFO player of all time. Bar none. His record speaks for itself. The **** is a "Ch ante"? ****, that be some mad wannabe ****. Do something to prove your worth before you step into his league.

Kids these days.
^ Kids Take Note Of What Uncle Bahki Says ^

Old 08-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #35
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Oh and to note something i forgot you say african born in the us should take offence to it but as i so call it slaves were brought to america from africa on ships if there went no africans there wouldnt be african americans there wouldnt be a topic about this and the n word would have never originated so i think it should be an offence to you as well and a serious matter to you as well wouldnt you agree?
Agreed still what doesn't exist in my vocab is meaningless all the same it wouldn't affect me. I was speaking in terms of how african american use and take it to the heart as if they had lived through that time when instead they are throwing their ancestral lineage(kinship) pain and suffering to make this world better for them. but we are now in the 20+ century and from experience and lots of reading including maturity that's the past and we cant go back in time unless i somewhat gain high tech knowledge to build a super machine to revert time changing what happen but we all know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. so ill leave at that. so people good advice goes "Don't use terms regarding racial,religious etc.. that might offend a friend, family cause karma will find you "

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteP View Post
I've got white homies that call me the so called N-Word, So I call them one back my pronunciation may be diff depending on the situation, place and how they say it.

Example, Everyone in this topic knows GangstaGoose I call him "my nig" every turn I get the chance to speak to him.

I do the same with Zhou_YuX, AlexanderX, Vengence, Adremm and many others, Lol like I said I really don't care about the word or being called one, Like the saying goes "Sticks and Stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me" It's just that simple.
well dante share same beliefs as me when it come to this so called N word
Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #36
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteP View Post
I think i'm the only person posting that doesn't really care about the word lol.

PS - Call everyone of you one, cuz it's all <3
Quote:
Agreed still what doesn't exist in my vocab is meaningless all the same it wouldn't affect me. I was speaking in terms of how african american use and take it to the heart as if they had lived through that time when instead they are throwing their ancestral lineage(kinship) pain and suffering to make this world better for them. but we are now in the 20+ century and from experience and lots of reading including maturity that's the past and we cant go back in time unless i somewhat gain high tech knowledge to build a super machine to revert time changing what happen but we all know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. so ill leave at that. so people good advice goes "Don't use terms regarding racial,religious etc.. that might offend a friend, family cause karma will find you "

Bump:

well dante share same beliefs as me when it come to this so called N word
All were saying is the word is offesive to most and shouldnt be used in game that way people wont have mix feelings about it there are some who play this game that just dont care there are others who do so removing it only a safe playing eviroment for all witch is what we want and will benift everyone.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #37
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
All were saying is the word is offesive to most and shouldnt be used in game that way people wont have mix feelings about it there are some who play this game that just dont care there are others who do so removing it only a safe playing eviroment for all witch is what we want and will benift everyone.
well hope the staff see thru that its filtered and so i can msn dante about gangstergoose whereabouts
Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 AM   #38
Kim-Kam

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 388
Kim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished roadKim-Kam is on a distinguished road

I honestly find the whole use of words and verbage and what is offensive and not offensive to be almost an hypocrisy.

Like females for instance will call them selves a Bad Bitch or the HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge) but let a girl or guy call her one out of animoscity and it is game over.

Just like men of color will let people call them the N word or the flipped verison of it and it is all good, but let someone say it in a nasty or racist way and it is time to fight?

Whether it is good or bad in the way that you meant it, it still means the same thing. Or atleast stands for the same thing. Why would people even want to flip or use a word like that?Why keep it here, why not phase it out?

A Bitch is a Bitch and If you wouldnt want to be called it in a negatve why then why would you like to be called it in a positive way and so forth.

Last edited by Kim-Kam; 08-09-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #39
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
A Bitch is a Bitch and If you wouldnt want to be called it in a negatve why then why would you like to be called it in a positive way and so forth.
politics and critics is my guess. still african americans needs a leader " With no leader there is no change instead of war"- what i would i loved cyclops to say when rd's. i catch your drift awesome kam
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #40
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

blaze : not wanting to stress the fact that its not the only thing it means. but its not the only thing it means... people started using FTW (**** the What) when websites and chats have started filtering the old dubya tee eff. just like Porn changed to PRON just to bypass filters. in the end it all comes back to the same.

this is why i am for the typing of all letters. no more confusion at that point. dont be the bane of the language by typing in SMS lingo, just type it all.

and yes donkios..
dubbya tee eff is the very same as dubya tee eff !
it should also not be said.

EDIT:
i like how the filter make mes look bad when i type it my logic !
Old 08-09-2011, 04:47 AM   #41
Evil-Blanka
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 79
Evil-Blanka is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no way around racism, and feelings towards it. Racism will never be solved because the thought of it still exists. If you want it gone, you would have to erase the thought completely , which would never happen. Sfo is suppose to be a friendly community, honestly its up to us to keep it that way. If you know there is a chance some one will get offended by something dont take the chance of saying it. We Are all mature here and some times you have to sacrifice things such as vocab you use on a daily basis, to avoid conflict.

Thanks feross for being a great gfx master qand making me this
Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 AM   #42
LadyChamp
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
politics and critics is my guess. still african americans needs a leader " With no leader there is no change instead of war"- what i would i loved cyclops to say when rd's. i catch your drift awesome kam

We have had plenty of great african america leaders to try to take on that purpose but to avail well at least for some i cant speak for everyone. One person will not change everyone we have all seen that for ourselfs what it takes to make things much better is much deeper that it all starts with yourself its you the person you have to decided if you want to make a change but its hard to do that when theres people out here starving with kids to feed and so forth things like that can get in the way..

And this world is not perfect so the people in this world will never be perfect i dont care who you are what race you are every race has and rapist serial killer etc the way I saw what ls posted and i would say the samething for peace in this world the only way that would be obtained is if the human race dies off.

Ok this is dragin on a bit can we get someone to close this...?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #43
DARK-RAIKEN-X
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

long topic though i already spoke my mind on its time to close the thread
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #44
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 180
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
blaze : not wanting to stress the fact that its not the only thing it means. but its not the only thing it means... people started using FTW (**** the What) when websites and chats have started filtering the old dubya tee eff. just like Porn changed to PRON just to bypass filters. in the end it all comes back to the same.

this is why i am for the typing of all letters. no more confusion at that point. dont be the bane of the language by typing in SMS lingo, just type it all.

and yes donkios..
dubbya tee eff is the very same as dubya tee eff !
it should also not be said.

EDIT:
i like how the filter make mes look bad when i type it my logic !
No. FTW means For the Win and no other meaning lol.

You don't always have to be right, we're human

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #45
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Nope, donkios, go around the net, ask people what it means and you'll see one single line be told to you by most people... FTW will be for them "**** the what" so i suggest to people not to use that during chats sessions or whatever.

by the way donkios...
you speak english, tell me you haven't noticed that some words have multiple meanings. same happens with these kinda words. there are many words liek that that can have multiple meanings, and to be honest... i hate those lingo words...

all that said, this thread has been answered long ago. yeah time to close it.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
blockattack

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1180
blockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to allblockattack is a name known to all
Visit blockattack's Facebook Visit blockattack's Twitter Visit blockattack's YouTube

Oh damnit donkey.. shut up, must you always argue with karma?
Haven't you heard.. It comes back to bite you in the ass

Need to contact blocky?
blockattack@streetfighteronline.com

Old 08-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #47
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 767
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

I thought FTW means **** The World. (and also) For The Win.

Closed Thread