Old 01-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #51
coolkilla
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
coolkilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kobe bryant drops 81 points!

I GUARANTEE you Kobe would have gotten over 50 did you see how long he was on the bench I guess you must have missed that blanka..Dont you think its about time this gets moved to random insanity because I want to keep this open but weve gotten off topic(that is 81 points by kobe)

coolkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #52
blanka09

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 103
blanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enough

Nah... seems to be a basketball topic... so let's just keep the discussion going.

In any case, he had 39 points, and the LA Lakers lost... maybe he would have gotten over 50 if he was on the floor more, or maybe he would have twisted his ankle... you can't really tell what a player would have done bar none... with the effect of him/her being on the bench.
blanka09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #53
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
gieandfer is an unknown quantity at this point

he couldve at least scored once more from the time he was on the bench and gotten 41 points which wouldve made a huge difference.

how many people in the league can single handindly score 40+ points against a team like the pistons?

gieandfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #54
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Kobe is currently the best and one of the front runners for MVP if he keeps it up or even steps it up a level he will have a realy good chance..Ive just watched that game over and over(its amazing) you can buy it at nba.com for $3.95 its definetly worth 4 dollars..
Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #55
PSYCHO
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
PSYCHO is an unknown quantity at this point

chauncey billups for mvp
fasta than Iraqi's when Bush attacked'em
PSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #56
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

nah... kobe bryant for mvp of course

btw im goin to the lakers vs rockets game. its on my birthday. hellz yea

Old 02-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #57
dominicankid098
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 19
dominicankid098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (PSYCHO @ Feb. 02 2006,11:50)]chauncey billups for mvp
Nice day Chauncey Billups had last night eh? Pistons were an Allen Iverson away from losing. Score ended 87-80.

Anyways, as for the Kobe scoring 81 points thing. Right now, he's the most dominating player in the league. Scoring 39 points against a good defensive team like the pistons. Calling him a ball hogger just shows jealousy and the quote I read earlier from Vince Carter was flat out stupid.

Lakers were down 18 fricken points. What the heck did you expect? Kobe is going to try to lead his team to a victory. You have to make adjustments in half time, and guess what? Those players he has on his team shoot in a 30-35% scoring average, which is ridiculous.

He's trying his best to win games for the team, and putting it all on his shoulders untill someone starts to step up.

To put Kobe Bryant in the same breath with Michael Jordan is kind of hard to use. Really, I think people are afraid to use both those names together just because of the athelete and team player Michael Jordan was, he made others on the team better, and we have yet to see any improvements from that Laker team statistically except for Kobe Bryant.

According to Kobe Bryant in his guest appearance at Stephen A. Smith's "Quite Frankly", Kobe is living a life to prove things. And currently, he is trying to prove he can go to the playoffs AND win in the playoffs without Shaquile O'neal, something Dwayne Wade already proved 2 years in a row.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(rookie year: Shaq wasn't in the Heat team, and Dwayne led the team to the 2nd round of the playoffs with the same starting roster the Lakers had last year with the exception of Kobe Bryant 'Odom, Bryant Grant, Caron Butler'.)</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>(sophmore year: Shaq was injured for most of the playoffs in the Heat team, having to put everything on Dwayne Wade's shoulders, and Dwayne lead the team 8-0 in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs and losing game 7 against the Pistons, Dwayne's rib injury HAD alot to do with it.)</span>

The Fluffy Kitties record - 30 Wins; 5 Losses
dominicankid098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #58
blanka09

Post Thanks / Like
blanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enoughblanka09 will become famous soon enough

Dwayne Wade is a monster no doubt... but he had better team mates when he did it... and the eastern conference wasn't very strong the first time he did it

I really don't know why Kobe conformed to people's thoughts about him though... if he's doing this because he wants to prove that he can win championships on his own and do it without the big fella, then he'll be depriving himself of a lotta things.

Shaq's pretty old, so sooner or later, he would have had the team on his own (Kobe that is...) There really wasn't any need trying to start it right now... might come back to hurt him
Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #59
PSYCHO
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

in sports u can not say if this person got injured this would have happened. u play with what u got and u do ur best. there is absolutely no excuse for miami to lose the playoffs in their homecourt and that's final.
and for the record dwayne wade had lamar odom that was playing good and the east at that time was way easier than the west.

not to compare them but chauncey billups last night had 9 pts, but 14 assists... something kobe will never get perhaps -- he's the eastern conference player of the month for a reason you know.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #60
Vash
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Vash is an unknown quantity at this point

wow man. After hearing this Kobe is my new NBA idle.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #61
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blanka09 @ Feb. 04 2006,11:54)]Dwayne Wade is a monster no doubt... but he had better team mates when he did it... and the eastern conference wasn't very strong the first time he did it

I really don't know why Kobe conformed to people's thoughts about him though... if he's doing this because he wants to prove that he can win championships on his own and do it without the big fella, then he'll be depriving himself of a lotta things.

Shaq's pretty old, so sooner or later, he would have had the team on his own (Kobe that is...) There really wasn't any need trying to start it right now... might come back to hurt him
dont even mention dwayne wade right now. im so pissed that him and lebron are starting in the eastern all star team

if dwayne didnt have shaq, hed be nobody. however kobe can prove he doesnt need shaq. if we got ron artest we would be owning

Old 02-04-2006, 01:04 PM   #62
dominicankid098
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (PSYCHO @ Feb. 03 2006,1:56)]in sports u can not say if this person got injured this would have happened. u play with what u got and u do ur best. there is absolutely no excuse for miami to lose the playoffs in their homecourt and that's final.
and for the record dwayne wade had lamar odom that was playing good and the east at that time was way easier than the west.

not to compare them but chauncey billups last night had 9 pts, but 14 assists... something kobe will never get perhaps -- he's the eastern conference player of the month for a reason you know.
Of course, a typical homer would say that after beating the Heat. But everyone saw that game and how Dwayne was hurting throughout holding his rib, and Haslem playing with a broken finger, and Shaq playing like crap, and Damon Jones with a heel contusion, so the Pistons were lucky to come out with a win against a beat up team.

They still use the quote &quot;A Dwayne rib injury away from winning the Eastern Conference Championships&quot;.

And the East was just as strong as the West in 2004, maybe better. Everyone knew which two teams it would go down to in the West, the Spurs and the Lakers. Rockets were overrated and same with the Kings, and the Spurs and Mavericks couldn't play defense to save their lives.

I would think that even the Pacers would have beaten the Lakers that year if they had beaten the Pistons and advanced to the Finals.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #63
dominicankid098
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gieandfer @ Feb. 03 2006,2:50)]dont even mention dwayne wade right now. im so pissed that him and lebron are starting in the eastern all star team

if dwayne didnt have shaq, hed be nobody. however kobe can prove he doesnt need shaq. if we got ron artest we would be owning
You have got to be kidding me? That's the same poop people say about Kobe and Shaq, Dwayne has proved he can play with or without Shaquille O'neal and win playoff games without him, don't give me that crap that he's nothing without Shaq. Shaq did sit out a couple of playoff games last year and Miami still came out with a win, and Shaq SHOULD have sat out games against the Pistons, instead he made some huge costly mistakes that could have been easily avoided if we kept Alonzo in the starting lineup.

Jealousy must be really high in the Lakers right now. I bet you wouldn't say those things about Kobe if Shaq was still playing in Los Angeles.

And BTW, Shaq is the most overrated player in the league. Shaq is as much more dependant of Dwayne Wade than Dwayne is on Shaq. I beleive last year Dwayne Wade averaged 32ppg and 7 assists when Shaq was out on injury with an 8-3 record. Reason why the Heat struggled earlier this season is because of the hiring of Pat Riley and adding a new system, which they are finally settling in.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #64
blanka09

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie Jones wants more money ?? blah... I hate the changes the Heat made to their roster... but oh well.... and gieandfer, Dwayne Wade IS a good player, and he's worth the spot in the all star team... no doubt about that.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #65
J-Kwn
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
J-Kwn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gieandfer @ Feb. 04 2006,1:50)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (blanka09 @ Feb. 04 2006,11:54)]Dwayne Wade is a monster no doubt... but he had better team mates when he did it... and the eastern conference wasn't very strong the first time he did it

dont even mention dwayne wade right now. im so pissed that him and lebron are starting in the eastern all star team

Whats wrong with them starting, Wade is Averaging monstor stats 26.8 points 6 rebounds and 7 assist. Then what are you talking about without shaq Wade is nothing. This year without shaq he averaged 30 points 7 rebounds and 9 assist, or something like that. Then Lebron is having an historic season scoring 31 points 7 rebounds and 6 assist. The only players who have ever done that is MJ and Ocar Robertson. that is really impressive.

Billups for MVP, are you high!?!?! last time I checked, Nash, James, and Bryant are the front runners. If you give the MVP to Billups, that will be the worst MVP pick in NBA history. Cuz you can't just forget the other starting 4, Prince, Hamilton, and the 2 Wallace brothers. Billups just stands out more because he is playing well right now.
J-Kwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #66
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dominicankid098 @ Feb. 04 2006,1:15)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (gieandfer @ Feb. 03 2006,2:50)]dont even mention dwayne wade right now. im so pissed that him and lebron are starting in the eastern all star team

You have got to be kidding me? That's the same poop people say about Kobe and Shaq, Dwayne has proved he can play with or without Shaquille O'neal and win playoff games without him, don't give me that crap that he's nothing without Shaq. Shaq did sit out a couple of playoff games last year and Miami still came out with a win, and Shaq SHOULD have sat out games against the Pistons, instead he made some huge costly mistakes that could have been easily avoided if we kept Alonzo in the starting lineup.

Jealousy must be really high in the Lakers right now. I bet you wouldn't say those things about Kobe if Shaq was still playing in Los Angeles.

And BTW, Shaq is the most overrated player in the league. Shaq is as much more dependant of Dwayne Wade than Dwayne is on Shaq. I beleive last year Dwayne Wade averaged 32ppg and 7 assists when Shaq was out on injury with an 8-3 record. Reason why the Heat struggled earlier this season is because of the hiring of Pat Riley and adding a new system, which they are finally settling in.
actually i didnt like shaq that much even when he was on the lakers so its not jealousy. alonzo mourning is better than him. only thing shaq has on him is size and strength. and also look at the people on the heat though. alonzo mourning, jason williams, gary payton, eddie jones used to be on it, and thats why dwayne did good without shaq.

the reason the rockets lost was cause they didnt have yao ming even when tracy mcgrady was on their team. cause they didnt have a good person to back him up. the heat do so thats what makes them better. the rockets arent overrated either. they may suck nowbut theyll get better. they are just making me mad now so if i say we suck, its from frustration. if its anyone who is overrated its lebron and dwayne. sure they have good stats but i still dont feel they should be starting.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #67
dominicankid098
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

No, last year the Heat did not have Gary Payton or Jason Williams. Our team had 2 super stars and the rest were roleplayers, which is what fit better but now we have a more in-depth roster.

Last year starting lineup without Shaq at first was (Wade, Jones, D. Jones, Haslem, Doleac).

Then when Alonzo came in (Wade, Jones, D. Jones, Haslem and Alonzo).

And Yao Ming sucks. How can you question Dwayne Wade being in the All Star team but not question Yao Ming? He's been out with injury for more than 2 months and recently came back. How is he starting the All Star game? Pretty biased.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #68
Nosoul4Sfo

Post Thanks / Like
Nosoul4Sfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dominicankid098 @ Feb. 04 2006,9:33)]No, last year the Heat did not have Gary Payton or Jason Williams. Our team had 2 super stars and the rest were roleplayers, which is what fit better but now we have a more in-depth roster.

Last year starting lineup without Shaq at first was (Wade, Jones, D. Jones, Haslem, Doleac).

And Yao Ming sucks. How can you question Dwayne Wade being in the All Star team but not question Yao Ming? He's been out with injury for more than 2 months and recently came back. How is he starting the All Star game? Pretty biased.
The Chinese voted him in. Like the 75% of them voted for him
Nosoul4Sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #69
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dominicankid098 @ Feb. 04 2006,8:33)]No, last year the Heat did not have Gary Payton or Jason Williams. Our team had 2 super stars and the rest were roleplayers, which is what fit better but now we have a more in-depth roster.

exactly. those players were still pretty good. damon jones, eddie jones, udinos haslem(cant spell his first name), and alonzo. u dont think thats a well balanced lineup?

and yao ming can work the post. he just needs to take it in stronger like shaq does.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #70
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

WDF dwayne wade is starting? that means hes starting over iverson unless they put iverson at point and dwayne wade at shooting guard because I just dont see dwayne wade being better then iverson..
Old 02-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #71
gieandfer
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (coolkilla @ Feb. 05 2006,3:07)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

WDF dwayne wade is starting? that means hes starting over iverson unless they put iverson at point and dwayne wade at shooting guard because I just dont see dwayne wade being better then iverson..
West and East starting lineups

nah hes not ahead of allen iverson but still. i dont think they should be starting

Old 02-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #72
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I expect the WEST to win come on now Kobe,mcgrady,and nash done deal..Not to mention whos coming off the bench kg and nowitzki and ray allen...
Old 02-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #73
PSYCHO
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

east is gonna do them like last year. (vc alley-oop off the backboard to himself)
Old 02-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #74
coolkilla
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

kobe gonna put up 81 against the east lmao..I expect the mvp of the all star game to either be kobe or nash(west) or Iverson or Lebron(east)
Old 02-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #75
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
MEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enoughMEGA_DRACOS_XRL will become famous soon enough

=/ o well, he goes in the hall of fame as the person who scored 81 point (2nd place in the nba)

MEGA_DRACOS_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote