SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tobey maguire spiderman vs andrew garfield spiderman bloodpack General 41 07-19-2012 03:25 AM
Spectaular spiderman vs amzing spiderman yusufrocks RaNdOm iNsAnItY 12 06-17-2008 04:20 PM
lol.. Nferno talks to himself..? system4 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 48 08-13-2007 11:01 PM
Religous talks abdulhaqq General 30 11-02-2006 07:47 PM

Old 10-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Marvel talks Spiderman...

Before we start debating, i want you guys to know that this is purely my opinion on the matter. the news about marvel wanting to buy back spiderman from sony is mostly a rumor for now. but marvel did confirm they were thinking of bringing him back from sony and not wait for the contracts to be gone. but at this point none of this has been confirmed as hapenning. it is just thinking and talking between sony and marvel right now.

with that out of the way. what does it implies for the movie...
well ever since disney bought marvel. they have been getting back slowly but steadily their franchises. with only two of them left and they are big runner up so it may take time. let's start with the punisher, marvel got back the rights and that means we will see another movie, its gonna be yet another remake. but at least its gonna be a true marvel movie this time. i think i may be able to finally enjoy the real punisher. unlike those who liked warzone and the previous punisher with travolta. i think the punisher always was missing the target in its entirety. so this may be a good reboot if it happens.

we all know daredevil will get his movie, its in the works and we already have pictures of it. so its gonna be good, but now onto the real deal and why this is so important.

Daredevil always had this comic where he teams up with spiderman. unfortunately spiderman isn't marvel, the license is at sony. so marvel are stuck. and sony do not want to mix their spiderman with marvel, they clearly told marvel that they didn'T want to create a universe outside of spiderman. and that my friends is what marvel is all angry about. so yeah they are trying to get back their spiderman so they could finally go to the place they want. which is making all the marvel movies. united into the same world. Even FOX with theXMen actually shared the dream of having them all fit together. even if its just numerous sequences of xmen movies. so why is sony so stubborn about the old ways of movies not having to do with each others ?

thats the talk right now, sony is debating with marvel as to what will happen, and things might be moving up before the third spiderman movie even gets done. marvel is angry at sony, sony is stubborn about it. and disney will soon think, ok i'll take back what i want, heres the money. now begone.

to be honest, i think it woudn't be a bad thing.
they could buy the contract as well as the license and that way keep everyone. so a third movie could lead into other marvel franchises. but we all know that wont happen cause sony made so much changes to the story that actually made sure that it wouldn't fit in the actual marvel timeline. and that means yet another reboot of spiderman. again honestly, i dont like another reboot, im thru with them... but at the same time i'd probably go see it again cause im a fan. i also think that spiderman reboot if marvel gets the rights back could be a better option then just mixing sony stubborn ways with marvel explosive new ideal.

this leads me to think, if FOX do not want to lose their rights on xmen soon... they should continue and try to mix it up with marvel, try to make the movie more inline with marvels views. because right now, marvel is trying to bring everything back to them. which means at this point they are ready to go universe on us. with only FOX and SONY still having licenses... they have to take care where they thread now. cause marvel is on a rampage right now.

if i were them, i'd be carefull and try to share a part instead of keeping the cake for myself.

and you guys, what do you think of all this ?
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM
Default Re: Marvel talks Spiderman...

I never saw the last two Spiderman movies, but the general visuals I saw from previews/videos tell me that Sony did right from a graphic standpoint.

Frankly I'm getting tired of seeing the same crap over and over from Marvel. Instead of trying to get Spiderman back or work on the next X-Men movie, they should be focusing on making new movies altogether. >>
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

although it would be awesome to see Marvel's Civil War storyline brought to life on the big screen, and to do that they would need spiderman in the world of The Avengers/X-Men .
Old 10-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
estset

Tournaments Joined: 3
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 235
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

http://youtu.be/_egjrHbOjME

Here watch this video. It'll explain what's going on with Sony, Fox, and Marvel. Skip to 10:03 if you don't want to watch the whole video. Basically if you heard the news about Robert Downey Jr aka Iron Man joining Capt 3 you'll know that Civil War storyline is a possibility. But in order for that to happened they need Spiderman to be in the movie as he play a big role in Civil War storyline. There's rumor that Sony is willing to rent the rights to Marvel. But why would Marvel want to do that since it will only help Sony. If Marvel wants spiderman back they would let Sony die. Plus Sony has already plan to make Sinister 6, spiderman 3 and possibility 4. So i don't see how this is going to work out. Unless if they reboot the spiderman franchise again and have a share universe with different spiderman.

Check out our Official Youtube Channel: SFO Youtube
SFO Underground: SFO UG
Instagram:
SFO2K14
Twitter: @SFOSTAFF / @SFO2K14
Facebook: SFO Facebook

estset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Wolfeh, drop music entirely and start painting instead !
thats pretty much what you just said. marvel when it comes to comics, have done a universe. whats wrong with them trying to bring all their heroes into the big screen, in just the same way ? thats all they wanna do and to do that, they need their big guns. may you like it or not, spiderman and the xmen are the big guns of the marvel universe.

matter of fact if marvel wants to go forward from now on, they can't just concentrate ont he lesser heroes. doing that would be counter productive. their goal is much higher, its to make big stories a reality.

the way i see it, its gonna end abruptly for sony and fox when disney starts paying the contracts.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

You're calling Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor lesser characters?

Last I checked Thor was a god. A ****ing GOD. Hulk = invincible and Tony Stark = Robert Downy Jr.

**** the X Men. **** Toby McGuire and whoever the hell plays teh new Spiderman.

A new X Men movie can only have better enemies. I want to see a Phoenix movie. Bring out Onslaught and make the whole ****ing Marvel Universe fight him. Maybe an Apocalypse movie?

But that **** won't happen because Marvel is ***.

How about a movie with Satana and Daimon? Bring something new to the table and create a franchise instead of killing the ones you already ****ing have.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
catman20

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
catman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura aboutcatman20 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeh View Post

Last I checked Thor was a god. A ****ing GOD. Hulk = invincible and Tony Stark = Robert Downy Jr.

A new X Men movie can only have better enemies. I want to see a Phoenix movie. Bring out Onslaught and make the whole ****ing Marvel Universe fight him. Maybe an Apocalypse movie?

How about a movie with Satana and Daimon? Bring something new to the table and create a franchise instead of killing the ones you already ****ing have.
Actually they preview a Apocalypse movie teaser at the end of the last movie.

catman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

wolfeh, proof that you dont know much about it all...

the only reason marvel goes for sony first, is the fact that sony doesn't want to involve anybody else. while FOX have already started showing more and more of the universe. FOX already announced AGE OF APOCALYPSE which is the logical sequel to days of future past.

also... marvel is going for the infinity ar as suggested by thor 2 and guardians of the galaxy. you can't be going further then that in mixing everything up. as for Hulk, thor and ironman not being big guns...

well its like saying Wonder woman, green lantern and green Arrow are bigger then batman and superman !

in marvels universe, its easy to see whos bigger by the sheer amount of fans...

Spiderman, X-Men they had been bigger then anything else purely by the nuber of games, movies and the likes... not to mention wolverine alone. so yeah... ironman is too old school, Hulk is too and thor is pretty much a nobody on everyones who isn't even knowing much on marvel universe.

you saying marvel sucks because they dont have the guts to go beyond and mix everybody at once...

i'm sorry man, but marvel has already made its big moment in history of cinema. as they are the only ones to have ever mixed so many movies into a single big universe. even TV shows never gone this far. so i'd say they already prooved what they wanted to do. but what you seem to fail to realise is that they actually want back all of their properties to actually do everything you have said they didn't want to. but reality... thats their actual goal...

Apocalypse, Onslaught, Civil War, you name it, thats their goal...

unfortunately, Spiderman is main char in most of these...
unfortunately, the xmen are integral part of these too...
and they dont have those in their arsenal as the licenses are all off their hands now.

so yeah... you are just a hater...

so yeah... its like DC and their justice league movies thats coming... you probably think they shouldn't waste time on those considering its been done 15 times in the past right.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:30 AM   #9
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1474
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman20 View Post
Quote:

Actually they preview a Apocalypse movie teaser at the end of the last movie.
Damn, you beat me to it.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #10
estset

Post Thanks / Like
estset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the roughestset is a jewel in the rough
Visit estset's YouTube

So apparently Marvel is holding a press event on October 28, 2014 which is tomorrow, is gonna be like typical apple event, we are not sure what is all about. But expect BIG news.

Some speculation is they are going to take a page from DC/WB and unveil their upcoming film slate.

They could also reveal that they are going through with Civil War storyline.

The other speculation is...Sony and Marvel reached a deal that will see Spider-man appear in Marvel cinematic universe.

These are all speculations at this point...

You can read all about it here.
http://www.businessinsider.com/marve...oct-28-2014-10
http://www.hngn.com/articles/47171/2...re-rumored.htm

EDIT: This news just broke. But apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be playing "Doctor Strange" which slated for 2016 release day.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/be...ge-1201340240/

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Last edited by estset; 10-27-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #11
estset

Post Thanks / Like
Visit estset's YouTube

So the rumours resurface again.

According to Latino Review's, Marvel and Sony struck a deal to bring Spider-Man to the MCU in Avengers Infinity War: Part 1. If this is true then is a huge news.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113625

Instagram:
SFO2K14

Old 01-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #12
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

there is a good chance of thor and captain america not being part of it...
but then again...

we this much, in the original infinity war story...
Ironman, Hulk, Captain america are the only avengers at the time that were part of it.
spiderman joining is a great news if it happens. im guessing marvel scared sony enough for sony to understand they cant win a war against disney.

we'll see... but im quite sure widow, hawkeye and nick fury will be gone by the time infinity war comes. leaving a lot of space for the others to join.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 AM   #13
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Instead of trying to get Spiderman back or work on the next X-Men movie, they should be focusing on making new movies altogether. >>
personally, im tired seeing hundreds of batman remakes, superman reboots, x-men sequels, spiderman prequels

id rather go see a new antman film or black panther or dr.strange film than seeing reboots over and over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaderx View Post
although it would be awesome to see Marvel's Civil War storyline brought to life on the big screen, and to do that they would need spiderman in the world of The Avengers/X-Men .
DC should do an infinite crisis film, that easily beats marvel civil war
ive collected both story arcs and for me, marvel civil war was a big disappointment
im a big fan of marvel, but geoff johns writing on infinite crisis story arc is far better than mark millar's civil war event

Last edited by bloodpack; 01-15-2015 at 02:03 AM.
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #14
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1474
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

He's been confirmed in the 2019 avengers. Don't ask me for sources, do your googles.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

bloodpack, funny how you compare two different styles and two different stories all together.
civil war = the resolution of mankind towards mutation.
infinity crisis = way after mankind accepted super powers.

to compare to civil war, you'd have to compare anything that hapenned in the bronze age.
DC and Marvel have numerous things in common, but their stories cannot be compared. they both chose way different routes to begin with.

i agree about the reboots.
batman and superman more then any others.
spiderman is in another category though, its not like marvel wanted him to reboot. it was more like sony didn't want to share their interest with marvel. and thus declared war on them by making them angry at losing their main protagonist. an error sony was bound to regret sooner or later. just glad they decided to accept the old offer while it stood instead of going all out.

for the xmen its a whole different story...
i'm having enough of fox in its entirety. im not saying the xmen movies were all bad, many of them were worth it and i cant wait to see their interpretation of apocalypse. but knowing singer and his ideal of bringing everything back down to our real reality. apocalypse is sure to be a let down. so call it morbid curiosity at this point. though i liked days of future past. quite sure the other movies after that wont live up.

so i dont care for a reboot of the xmen at this point.
not if its done by marvel and the right way.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

They should take a lesson from The Crow and Deadpool.

New stories make people interested in a new market. That opens up MORE OPPORTUNITIES to make money.

It worked for the Fantastic 4. Look at how successful The Flash is already. Green Arrow's been a hit for a minute now.

I mean, I HATED The Watchmen, but at least it was a fresh superhero story.

They're still wasting time with The Hulk, when his movies have been the lowest grossing of damn near ANY SUPERHERO MOVIE EVAR!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #17
Liger Zero
Outstanding Patriot

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6416
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
They should take a lesson from The Crow and Deadpool.

New stories make people interested in a new market. That opens up MORE OPPORTUNITIES to make money.

It worked for the Fantastic 4. Look at how successful The Flash is already. Green Arrow's been a hit for a minute now.

I mean, I HATED The Watchmen, but at least it was a fresh superhero story.

They're still wasting time with The Hulk, when his movies have been the lowest grossing of damn near ANY SUPERHERO MOVIE EVAR!

Blasphemy Watchmen was one of the greatest comic book movies ever.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #18
xfaderx

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1661
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

I still haven't gotten around to seeing that one yet.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #19
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it was just because I was completely wasted when I watched it, but I could barely follow it. All I saw were the pretty shiny lights.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 AM   #20
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
bloodpack, funny how you compare two different styles and two different stories all together.
civil war = the resolution of mankind towards mutation.
infinity crisis = way after mankind accepted super powers.

to compare to civil war, you'd have to compare anything that hapenned in the bronze age.
DC and Marvel have numerous things in common, but their stories cannot be compared. they both chose way different routes to begin with.
im really comparing how the stories were written
civil war isnt just about resolution towards mutation
its all about how humanity would approach/cope the existence of superhuman beings (mutant or non-mutant), the passing of superhuman registration act

i mean, the premise is quite good but im not liking how it ended
with all the hype and climax building up in the comic book, it was very "anti-climatic" how cap would abandon his ideals when everyone and everything was laid wasted
its like dubya tee eff? thats it? its over?
mark millar couldve ended it with a bang but im just really disappointed how it ended
whereas the ending of infinity crisis, it would leave you i awe and surprise and in disbelief (in a good way)

personally, geoff johns is the better writer than mark millar
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:45 AM   #21
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

still you are comparing apples and peanuts.
as i said, the civil war is much mor elike how they wrote the bronze age in DC.
captain leaving his ideals behind is logical considering what was lost because of this whole foolishness.

you do realise that many other superheroes including spiderman got their lives entirely changed and almost destroyed completely by the acts of both captain america and ironman. how the hell would you act when you consider that a simple and trivial rivalry ended up becoming the complete opposite of everything you stood for ? basically captain created the civil war. thats by far very far from his ideals. thats the logic behind it. to me its quite a good ending. the morale is, defending an ideal is good. but look around you not just the goal in front of you. otherwise you may end up creating the very situation you are trying to avoid.

taking again spidrman as an exemple... by taking side in this war, he ended creating the very stuff he tryed to avoid. and that was the family implications.

infinity crisis is about saving the world from a cataclysm. kind of a heroes unite against a common threat. hw the hell does that even compare. btw, i reead civil war entirely and i have infinite crisis hard cover right here.