LegacyofKain
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
LegacyofKain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Music central

Well i sorta got this idea after reading someones post about rock bands and thought....."Why don't we discuss music here?"

So i made this thread,basically whether you love Rap or Rock or anything that fits inbetween you can discuss it here.Talk about upcoming bands,bands you really love,great artists of the past Like Jimmy Hendrix(if youdunno who he is your gonna get lectured! lol) or your very OWN bands if your in one.

All that i ask is try to keep the flaming down-we all get pretty hyped up about which music is better and which isn't.

Without further A do i'll tlk abotu soem of mine.

Dragon Force-My lil bro got me into these,for the old school rockers out there they'll remind of Iron maiden but are also quite original.Some blinding songs for a band of our time so you should check them out.

Godsmack-Well i only like a few of there songs,not much into the roaring metal stuff but they've got a few good ones.Any prince of persia fan will of proberly of heard a few of there songs as they did the Warrior within soundtrack and even the Dhaka chase scenes take the music from the song called "I stand alone" (Which is also a great song)

Ozzy+Black Sabbath-Whats there to say,even some of you rappers have seen MTV's The osbournes TV show.Shame they don't really show a bigger slice of his musical side but still....Anyway some all time classics that some of you MUST listen to include:

Paranoid(fantastics to jam too since it's fairly easy to play)
Hell Raiser(Not sure if it was Ozzy or Lemmy out of motorhead who first sang this) great song and a classic in my eyes.

Alice Cooper-Proberly one of his best known songs was "Poison" which had a really crap remake by some Techno DJ.The original far out class's the remake natrally.A great song and a decent solo.The song itself has a hidden message about AIDS and HIV and was abit revoltionary for it's time,in that bands made an active effort to bring it's wareness up via there songs.

Right anyway as u can tell i like Rocky sort of type music,but thats not to say i don't like Other forms of music.As long as it sounds good i'll listen to it.Anyway thats enoguh rom me,Discuss and have fun!

LegacyofKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
AnimeGirl4evr
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
AnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enoughAnimeGirl4evr will become famous soon enough

me likey alexisonfire,billy talent,rise against,linkin park,three days grace,switchfoot,wolfmother,ehh panic!at the disco?
those are some..i like other rap artists and rock bands but we..

"I hope your bullet holes become mouths that say my name because I'm the..."
AnimeGirl4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
JohnnyBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Wu-Tang=BEST RAP GROUP IN THE WORLD.

Dont flip with tha Wu..
JohnnyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
devilsoul
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
devilsoul is an unknown quantity at this point

Godsmack, Trust Company, Breaking Benjamin, Skillit (I like 2 songs from em), 36 Crazyfists (Slit wrist theory, Bloodwork anyone?), A perfect circle, Coldplay, Creed, Dead poetic, Fort minor, Linkin park, Gorrilaz, Legion of doom (Not really rock, but meh), Marilyn manson, Papa roach, P.o.d, Seether, Slipknot, Static-x, Audiovent. (Afew of the 100 bands i like)

"Forever"
devilsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
Tidus2K2

Post Thanks / Like
Tidus2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike and the mechanics only group that i've liked...
Also Modern Talking
Beegees

SUPPRESSION
Tidus2K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
(Light)Ryu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
(Light)Ryu is an unknown quantity at this point

well let me just say i really dont understand how someone could like rap i mean all they basically do when they sing is brag about themselves singing how much money they have and what not you know also them wearing gloves and sunglasses on stage i mean dubya tee eff is that its more of a "look at how good i look" than a concert and them making up words like sheesh i dont even know what the hell these guys say 1 more thing why do they call themselves gangsters? it seems to me they just wanna be gangsters go out to the real streets and see how gangster you really are right? i can go on and on but back on topic i really like bands like pantera metallica megadeth just to name a few

PS: no offense to anyone just my opinion lol

Tournaments
Redemption Thunder Division Champion/Semi Finalist
(Light)Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:23 PM   #7
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ((Light)Ryu @ Aug. 22 2006,13:20)]well let me just say i really dont understand how someone could like rap i mean all they basically do when they sing is brag about themselves singing how much money they have and what not you know also them wearing gloves and sunglasses on stage i mean dubya tee eff is that its more of a "look at how good i look" than a concert and them making up words like sheesh i dont even know what the hell these guys say 1 more thing why do they call themselves gangsters? it seems to me they just wanna be gangsters go out to the real streets and see how gangster you really are right? i can go on and on but back on topic i really like bands like pantera metallica megadeth just to name a few

PS: no offense to anyone just my opinion lol
another ignorant moron.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

i went to a battle of the bands gig the other week and nearly every band played a cover of Metallicas Master of Puppeets lol.I love the song but come on,eve i get bored fo hearing it.

About rap......well i say you do need a certain degree of skill to be able to rhyme like they do,the music itself usually isn't what i'd call good.

The worst type of music to me is "Techno and Dance"-both of these types of music STEAL other peoples SONGS AND MUSIC and say "they sampled " it and worse thign is they don't PAY royalties for doing it.

cashing in on other peoples work...it's sad.Besides it doesn't take skills to completly butcher a clasic song or speed it up x10 and add a base beat-which is all they ever do.....any geek can do it with there pc.

It just baffles me that people can dance and even BUY this type of music.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #9
(Light)Ryu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

well metallica WAS good before they went with this emo crap but when they sing master of puppets live now its like james hetfield is crying or something lmao

Tournaments
Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #10
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Lol yeah,i hate all the new stuff like St.Anger

I like my heavy stuff but i do like a few songs abit softer than that.

I can play bass and sing Nothing Else Matters(which is about as soft as Metallica get) also i don't mind SOME of Nightwish (1 or 2 songs) and i like Going under by Evenssence.....thats about as soft as i'll go.

My bro would say Trivium rule-some of there stuff is good but the songs where they roar kinda wreck it for me.I like some of the roadrunner United stuff,if you've heard tht.Same with Slipknot,i like the songs where they don't Roar(even a few where they do roar)

Anyways,i'll throw out a question to you guys have you been to any music Festivals(for example in the UK,Download Festival) also have you seen some of these bands live?

I've seen quite a few,i think it was 2 yrs ago when i watched Billy Idol(some older not heavy stuff) but i still enjoyed it alot(got some classic songs)

Anyways he was one of the acts at Download,i've seen Velvet Revolver(i was like 10 FT away form SLASH!" AND i also saw Black Sabbath(because Ozzy came over to do Ozfest but they merged it with Download fest...it was awesome)

Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Common
Kanye West
Bob Marley
Much love for them <3
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
SBYRD5
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 171
SBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura aboutSBYRD5 has a spectacular aura about

lately I haven't been feeling rap at all...this is actually more my genre at the moment..
SBYRD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
Rey619RvD
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Rey619RvD is an unknown quantity at this point

Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard, System of a Down, Drowning Pool, P.O.D.

Rey619RvD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #14
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

Prepare to be overwhelmed... >.>

Classic Rock Styles:

Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC, Bloodgood, Iron Maiden, Britny Fox, Skid Row, Guns 'N' Roses, Beatles (Mostly after they broke up), Pink Floyd, ELO, ELOpII, Traveling Wilburys, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Alice Cooper, Alice in Chains, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, STYX, Motor Head, Motley Crue, Queen, Quiet Riot, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Boston, Bad Company, Foghat, Journy, Edgar Winter, Steppenwolf, BTO, Brownsville Station, Forigner, Chicago, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Deff Leppard, Joe Satriani, Yngwie M. Malmsteen's Rising Force, Eric Clapton, Dio, Faith No More, Kick Axe, George Thurogood, Billy Joel, Wizzard, Tom Petty, Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, Eagles, Derek & The Dominos, Doobie Brothers, Hall & Oats, Joe Walsh, Eddie Money, and The Kinks.

More up-to-date:

Cellador (Power Metal forever!!!), SOAD, Head On, Nickelback, Seether, Disturbed, Trapt, Powerman 5000, Supersuckers, Three Days Grace, The Offspring, and Green Day.

Favorite classical composers...

Beethoven, Mozart, Bach.

Favorite contemporary composers:

Jerry Goldsmith, Giorgio Moroder, Lou Clark.

My knowledge of about 80% of the names shown is staggering... I may live in the 80s... But I have an incredible knack for guitar and Drum music... And I can rate ANY rock band expertly, with a very good oppinion. My tates say it all... >.>

Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

lol i agree,it's one hell of a list,though none of the rappers will have a clue what you just said.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all

Makes it all that much more sweeter.

EDIT - A sample of my memorized knowledge, that I have accumulated over the years.

You'd have to be a freaking idiot to like heavy metal and not hold the DEEPEST respect for the allmighty Black Sabbath.

Tony Iommi, the guitarist who underwent the most horrible thing a guitarist could undergo. Loosing 2 fingers off your fretting hand. Determaned to go on, he created his own synthetic fingers, out of bottle caps, and leather gloves. After changing the sound of Black Sabbath forever, by using banjo strings, and down-tuning his guitar, he overcame the accident (With a little help from Django Reinhardt, the guitarist who underwent a simillar accident). The genious behind Black Sabbath, the leader, the coolest freaking guitarist that ever lived.

Ozzy Osbourne, the coolest freaking Brit that ever lived. Soon would prove his song-writing abilities in later days, he had only a part as the team mascot; the freak. A total nutcase with an incredible singing ability (and no speaking ability whatsoever), the man who made Black Sabbath so damned popular. While he may have seemed like a freak of nature, he was actually a very nice guy, and outside of the stage, when he wasn't busy eating the heads off of bats he thought were fake and doves in a drunken binge, or snorting rows of ants, he was sitting around and just having a good time like any guy.

Bill Ward, the genious behind most of Black Sabbath's greatest hits, such as Iron Man, War Pigs, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid, Electric Funeral, Wicked World, and many more. Being the drummer with the most, he always made a habbit of over-doing it. Which everyone loved. Which is what made him so damn perfect for the band. He must've freaking wanted those drums dead or something. Off-stage, the guys would every-so-often set him on fire. Litterally. Tragety would strike, soon, however, when they would go to far and he would suffer severe third degree burns. Supprisingly, he made a full recovery. His talent is something to be reckoned, and not easily matched.

Geezer Butler, the hairy beast. Known mostly for being Ozzy's wacko counterpart, he was always standing beside Ozzy, ever since the first band, Rare Breed (which Ozzy Co-Created). His guitaring ability, though not noticed through Black Sabbath was quite impressive, as he had the ability to make incredible sounds with any guitar, tuned or not. He wrote a great deal of songs, mostly the un-noticed ones, which were more highly based on the occult (due to his fixation with the dark arts). After Ozzy left Black Sabbath, and went on to his solo career, Geezer joined Ozzy for No Rest For The Wicked, Ozzy's most Heavy Metal album ever, and would soon do Ozzmosis with him in 1995. The last time Geezer ever played with Ozzy was for the Ozzfest reuinion of '97 where everyone would come back for one last bash.

Black Sabbath also featured the incredible tallents of -

Bev Bevan - One of the world's top 3 drummers
Geoff Nicholls - The man in the background making all those cool sounds on the keyboard
Bob Daisley - Ozzy's rythem/bass guitarist

Later vocallists of Black Sabbath -

Ronnie James Dio
Ian Gillan (Deep Purple!!)
David Donato
Glen Hughes
Ray Gillen
Tony Martin

Black Sabbath's lineage goes as far back as 1968, when Ozzy and Tony did a smash with The Beatles, Vertical Man. Though not much can be said about them after Ozzy left, they WILL remain the first, greatest Heavy Metal band, the grandfathers of Heavy Metal, the godfathers of Heavy Metal, and the most notable Heavy Metal band of all time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

This is a salute to some of the greatest guitarists ever to grace the music world with their deciples.

Randy Rhodes [1956 - 1982] - Former "Greatest Rock Guitarist"
Band lineage - Violet Fox, Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne
Inspired notable guitarists - Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Jake E. Lee, and more.

Jimmy Page [1944 - ] - Most influential Guitarist
Band lineage - The Crusaders, The Yardbirds, Led Zepplin, The Honeydrippers, The Firm
Inspired notable guitarists - Far too many to mention

Steve Howe [1947 - ] - Rolling Stones' "Greatest Overall Guitarist"
Band lineage - Yes
Inspired notable guitarists - Too many to mention

Eric Clapton [1963 - ] - Three time "Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame" inductee
Band lineage - Derrek & the Dominos, The Yardbirds, Cream
Inspired notable guitarists - Far to many to mention

Eddie Van Halen [1976 - ] - Noted "Groundbreaking Rock Guitarist"
band lineage - Van Halen
Inspired notable guitarists - None Notable

Jimi Hendrix [1942 - 1970] - Considered the "Legend of Rock Guitar Music"
Band Lineage - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Syd Barret [1946 - 2006] - Legendary guitar soloist
Band Lineage - Pink floyd
Inspired notable guitarists - Robbert Smith, John Frusciante, REM (Including the whole band), and many more

George Harrison [1943 - 2001] - Landmark guitarist
Band Lineage - The Beatles, The Traveling Wilburys

Django Reinhardt [1910 - 1953] - Standing "Greatest Jazz Guitarist Ever"
Band Lineage - Stéphane Grappelli
Inspired notable guitarists - Chet Atkins, Jimi Hendrix, Tony Iommi, Steve Howe, Jeff Beck and many more

Only to name the greatest of the greatest, this list does not include many of the pioneers of guitar music, however is not limited to the deminor of these artists. It is only in the interest of the many members of this community who respect the true art-form of guitar music, the genre not important.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #17
JohnnyBlaze
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (LegacyofKain @ Aug. 22 2006,14:33)]lol i agree,it's one hell of a list,though none of the rappers will have a clue what you just said.
Here's a big list no rockers will know of.

Big Daddy Kane, Erick Sermon, W.C, Rass Kass, RZA, GZA, Inspectah deck, redman, Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, Slick rick, Eric B and Rakim, Canibus, Q-Tip, Method man, Nas, Scarface, Ghostface killah, The infamous, M.O.P, Ma$e, The D.O.C, Run DMC, Ganggstarr, Technine, KRS one, A tribe called quest, Stat quo, Too $hort, Raekwon, Public Enemy, N.W.A, Ice.T, Xzibit, Royce Da 5'9, Flava Flave.

i listen to all of those :P many more i forgot.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #18
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug. 22 2006,14:59)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (LegacyofKain @ Aug. 22 2006,14:33)]lol i agree,it's one hell of a list,though none of the rappers will have a clue what you just said.

Big Daddy Kane, Erick Sermon, W.C, Rass Kass, RZA, GZA, Inspectah deck, redman, Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, Slick rick, Eric B and Rakim, Canibus, Q-Tip, Method man, Nas, Scarface, Ghostface killah, The infamous, M.O.P, Ma$e, The D.O.C, Run DMC, Ganggstarr, Technine, KRS one, A tribe called quest, Stat quo, Too $hort, Raekwon, Public Enemy, N.W.A, Ice.T, Xzibit, Royce Da 5'9, Flava Flave.

Where's the Digital Underground you sick *******? >.>
Old 08-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #19
mystical illusionz

Post Thanks / Like
mystical illusionz is an unknown quantity at this point

Jay.... unignore me plz ...
mystical illusionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #20
mystical illusionz

Post Thanks / Like
mystical illusionz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ummmm Wolfy ...do ya like mah avatar ..
mystical illusionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #21
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug. 22 2006,14:59)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b

Lol actually i've heard of Run DMC,because they colaborated with Aerosmith(another notable great band) to make the song "Walk this way"

Old 08-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #22
(Light)Ryu
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

i dont get it why cant rappers go with their real names instead of making idiotic names like Q-tip lmao!!!! or 50 cent if hes 50 cent then im 2 dollars lol!!

Tournaments
Old 08-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #23
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

Common>50 cent =/
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #24
LegacyofKain
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

lol well i kinda agree on that matter about Artist names,for some odd reason Rappers in particular think it's cool to think of a name like: Snoopy the Dog and then change it abit then go spell it wrong to try and make it look cool.

But......thats just the way it is really,some of the rap names ARE nicknames they got living in the Ghetto etc so i suppose it's alright.

What annoys me is the people that play on living in the ghetto when they've really not and worst of all is how they portray being "Gangsta" as cool-i'm aware not all rappers do that but the recent ones have done it more often.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #25
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I live by the following view: Don't bother, don't criticize, and don't take any poop from people who criticize rock.