SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > General Comments & Strategies

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Character Week: Week 3! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 7 03-18-2012 07:57 PM
Character Week: Week 2! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 7 03-14-2012 02:31 PM
Character Week: Week 2! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 14 03-12-2012 12:02 PM
Character Week: Week 1! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 3 03-05-2012 07:23 PM
Character Week: Week 1! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 22 02-24-2012 10:27 PM

Old 02-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #26
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1477
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube
Default Re: Character Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
So the biggest thing is, how to prevent people from quitting early when they see the event isn't in their grasp...

Too bad PX doesn't have a point system like UG, wasn't earlier that PX had some sort of point system where you could purchase (Fonts, Font Colors, Char colors, etc?).

P.S

If possible i'd like to be able recognize 2nd-4th standings.
Why? Sounds like you know you're going to be coming in second a lot.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #27
(~Vanilla~)
EVIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1176
(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice(~Vanilla~) is just really nice

2nd - 4th place for something that's held for 7 days? No.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #28
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1172
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~Vanilla~) View Post
2nd - 4th place for something that's held for 7 days? No.
Cool.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Shiny~Latios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #29
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

Don't worry latios, people can be lame.. I remember I proposed an idea and people said no way and then someone else did and everybody talked about it was the best idea ever[brawl].
Just get someone else to make the thread, someone who has everybody on their nuts.
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #30
D.Bahki

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 518
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Personally I don't think anything needs prizes. If there is a tournament you should just play and win due to your abilities. Prizes should be saved for special ish like WWT. Get things active and going first, if the weekly tournaments become a hit, prizes will come and evolve down the way.

Side note; we could add a ranking system to it somehow.

.: | [ SFO - 2014 ] |[SFO Underground] | SFO Clan Arena | Blank |:.

.: | Blank | Blank | Blank | Blank |:.
D.Bahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #31
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like
Shiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the roughShiny~Latios is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Personally I don't think anything needs prizes. If there is a tournament you should just play and win due to your abilities. Prizes should be saved for special ish like WWT. Get things active and going first, if the weekly tournaments become a hit, prizes will come and evolve down the way.

Side note; we could add a ranking system to it somehow.
The prizes,etc aren't to target the Vet's, we already know that proving skills/ combative experience outweighs prizes...

It's for the other group...How do I get them to stay? Gotta keep the babies entertained with the baby rattler.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 02-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #32
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough

How about this: We put a thread to the top of the tournaments/challenges section that lists the winners of every week. Kind of a like HoF type thing, I think that recognition is much better than a color. Personally, I would love the fact that whenever someone clicks on that thread, they'll have to look at:

Ken week: GameOver [100-0]
Ryu week: GameOver [100-0]
Akuma week: GameOver [100-0]
Wolverine week: GameOver [100-0]

etc... etc...

Thoughts?

I've been pitching this idea at Bahki for a while now but he has been reluctant D: So you should take initiative Latios and start it up.

Last edited by -GameOver-; 02-28-2014 at 01:30 AM.
-GameOver- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:31 AM   #33
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GameOver- View Post
How about this: We put a thread to the top of the tournaments/challenges section that lists the winners of every week. Kind of a like HoF type thing, I think that recognition is much better than a color. Personally, I would love the fact that whenever someone clicks on that thread, they'll have to look at:

Ken week: GameOver
Ryu week: GameOver
Akuma week: GameOver
Wolverine week: GameOver

etc... etc...

Thoughts?

I've been pitching this idea at Bahki for a while now but he has been reluctant D: So you should take initiative Latios and start it up.
Yo doodoo ass wolve and ryu...

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #34
D.Bahki

Post Thanks / Like
D.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the roughD.Bahki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Only cause you're too lazy to do it yourself. =/

Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #35
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like
-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough-GameOver- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Bahki View Post
Only cause you're too lazy to do it yourself. =/
irrelevant
Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #36
~H~Blaze

Tournaments Joined: 2
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1477
~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice~H~Blaze is just really nice
Visit ~H~Blaze's YouTube

for wolvie week without heals.

Magneto

Vote for magnus now. Do it.
~H~Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #37
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~Blaze View Post

for wolvie week without heals.
You're not the first person to do that to me xD

Talking like you didn't take it sideways the majority of the games though
Old 02-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #38
PauLLy222
[ Banned By: blanka09 ]

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 293
PauLLy222 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it will be a great addition, but as each week progresses the number of people will reduce slowly.

Bump: I think it will be a great addition, but as each week progresses the number of people will reduce slowly.
PauLLy222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #39
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice edition: Top 2 fights duke it out at the end of the week to determine whose the champ
Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #40
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Another nice edition: Top 2 fights duke it out at the end of the week to determine whose the champ
^
That

I agree, this way people won't give up if someone is beating everyone. People will play till the end to get the chance to fight the guy with the most wins.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #41
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
^
That

I agree, this way people won't give up if someone is beating everyone. People will play till the end to get the chance to fight the guy with the most wins.
Or...you can just let the winner win and not prolong the event.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #42
(~SiNiK~)
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 332
(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about(~SiNiK~) has a spectacular aura about

You don't get it ...

Once someone get a lose, they say i Drop out cuz they know they will not be First.
So activity get low day after day ...

If being second is enough to take part of a little final, even those who lost some match will still try their best to finish second and get a chance to fight for the final.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #43
Shiny~Latios
Sentinel Week Winner!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by (~SiNiK~) View Post
You don't get it ...

Once someone get a lose, they say i Drop out cuz they know they will not be First.
So activity get low day after day ...

If being second is enough to take part of a little final, even those who lost some match will still try their best to finish second and get a chance to fight for the final.
No crap, but prolonging the event is usually just as bad as loser's dropping out since that is what usually occurs anyway when something takes too long. Hoster starts to forget things (maybe due to real life issues, etc)

In a realistic sense, I just came to the conclusion, who cares about the event going on and on forever more? We all know this is almost impossible, so if we could instead just get our temporary activity spike from this that would be enough.

My Brother Forever

(-KAM-)
Old 03-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #44
-GameOver-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny~Latios View Post
Or...you can just let the winner win and not prolong the event.
Nah, I'm right.

Having this system would get rid of the "giving wins away to friends" factor. It also eliminates running & hiding because people sure used to love to do that. Basically, it makes it harder to sabotage the event.

There will be a full week for every character and at the end of the week, the top two fighters will be announced AND the new character week is posted. This will not prolong anything.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #45
D.Bahki

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Nah, I'm right.

Having this system would get rid of the "giving wins away to friends" factor. It also eliminates running & hiding because people sure used to love to do that. Basically, it makes it harder to sabotage the event.

There will be a full week for every character and at the end of the week, the top two fighters will be announced AND the new character week is posted. This will not prolong anything.
Still won't stop the quitters. Just cuts the list of them a little, but it is a nice feature. While the final goes on we can start the next week as well?

So we got the character week, the character week final, and a thread dedicated towards the winners.