SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > RaNdOm iNsAnItY

View Poll Results: This is a multiple-choice poll. Vote for every character/battler who you believe won their match.
Spiderman (Shad0w) 3 37.50%
Sentinel (TFist) 3 37.50%
Onslaught (Lux) 4 50.00%
Ryu (Rob) 0 0%
Iron Man (Bonkah) 1 12.50%
Ken (Paki) 2 25.00%
Sakura (SXAcrip) 0 0%
Juggernaut (LS) 6 75.00%
Cyclops (NOFL) 0 0%
Wolverine (Duce) 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[EVENT] Sunday Rap Battles: Day of Reckoning TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 134 04-21-2017 04:05 AM
Sunday Rap Battles: Head-2-Head (Week 1) TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 62 10-24-2012 07:11 AM
Sunday Rap Battles: ERBOSFO TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 67 10-19-2012 10:44 PM
Sunday Rap Battles - Topic - Potatoes TitaniumFist RaNdOm iNsAnItY 33 10-02-2012 06:48 PM
Sunday-Rap-Battles: True Lyricist Zpower RaNdOm iNsAnItY 61 06-06-2007 01:53 PM

Old 10-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #51
Not On For Long

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 699
Not On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sunday Rap Battles: Epic Rap Battles of SFO (Week 1)

My votes:

So far I only read the Shadow vs TFist battle: Atm Shadow got my vote, but I gota re-read it because I'm type sleepy right now.

Last edited by Not On For Long; 10-22-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Not On For Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 774
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

We did not start up Sunday Rap Battles for this kind of silly stuff to take place.

Thread cleaned.

Keep voting.

There is also no rule that says you cannot explain your set. I have stated my opinion that it is lame, as your bars should speak for themselves, or you failed the task at hand.

There is however a rule that all members/voters must explain their votes or use the poll for a .5 vote.

If members explain in their posts, don't argue with them about their votes.

In this kind of contest, aside from certain rap battle/rap specifics that members might be aware of, all votes are subjective and opinions (IE: what a member "likes" or "gets" or "enjoyed" won't be the same as what another member does, in most cases).

Votes are not, and will never be an objective view of clear facts (IE: in a spelling bee, or a math contest, it isn't about who you "feel" won, as the correct answers will tell you who won).

I will vote on NOFL and Duce's match later.

UPDATED: votes in plain black text.

Again, copy and paste: I have two criteria for my votes, best stylized representation of the character and the best rap/bars period.

If both arenít met, I go with whoever nailed one of the two. With that in mind, letís do this.

Cyclops vs Wolverine

NOFL as Cyclops, you didn't spend any time defending or setting up Cyclops' character. In retrospect, good choice. Cyc and Wolv are well-known enough for it not to matter.

Very good idea to set up an easy to follow narrative/storyline.

That narrative was layred with a) drama/emotional content and motive for the murder, and followed with b) the method of the murder.

The impact on me as a reader was very effective. The personals weren't very deep, you didn't spend any time dismantling Wolverine on that level...but the flow, the story, and the punches delivered were really nice.

Btw, no matter how many times I read it, instinct and conflict do not rhyme.

Favorite lines:

Quote:
In my nightmare we fought, left his face on the side of the road.

But at the end of my nightmare, Jean took his side..
Now I'm lost, this means they always had something to hide.

I said, "What do you think about jean? Honestly I won't get mad."
He said "I love her" but I lied, and I'm about to do em bad.
Optic blasted his dome, left him wit a mean high top fade.
"Do you want to die? don't make me have to take off these shades!"
Because you'll get eradicated from your ball-sacks up to your bald-spots.
Even switch over to Tekken and pull out Eddie Gordo's dreadlocks.
Cyclone kick, put my foot straight through your centerpiece.
Your eating ambergris while I'm putting together a masterpiece.
I gene spliced his grill, and at this point Jean is getting sliced as well.
This is what happens when you get caught playing kill and tell.
So SFO people, what's the real moral behind this tragedy?
There is none, he just needed to die for trying that optic-blasphemy.
Duce, as Wolverine, you also didn't need to set up your character much, but you did to a level not seen in NOFL's piece. You did a much better job of attacking Cyclops on a personal level, using what is known about him and mocking it.

However, the actual punchlines didn't hit quite as hard as they could have.

It felt like there were stops and starts in the battle as you moved from topic to topic. For instance, anticipating he'd attack Wolv's sexuality with the 'filled with metal' part wound up seeming left field, even if it set up a good line afterwards. Seemed out of place.

I think you unfairly get saddled with what was (expected to be) the most devastating character to battle with. With him, there is no excuse not to unleash the killer instinct.

Favorite lines:

Quote:
You'll never beat me with one eye, you have it backwards because I won! [one eye,eye won]
I'm named after the animal wolverine, something that's keen and lean
You're named after a dumb ass brute, do you see what I mean?

Cyclops likes Ms grey and wants to get inside that pretty wild thing
and you have no game, better call levi cause you having trouble getting into Jean[s}
I'll extend my metal weapons and your flesh is what i'll slice into
Claw'sll be closer to you than your skin when you put on that tight ass suit

But my heavier mass just means it's harder to move me with your whack ass lines

You see in red color, and walk around pretending that it's formal
So when I slice your face it wont be a big deal, we'll just consider it normal
NOFL gmv. It was more entertaining, hit harder, left Wolverine flat-out dead. The structure was inspired, and the flow was nice. How in the world did he come up with the idea for a dream, which leads to a jealous, rage-kill on Wolverine? I like that storyteller instinct. (The high-top fade line made me lol.) This competes with Shad0w's Spidey set for my favorite.

Click Here to Vote for the Storm Dream Goal.
TitaniumFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #53
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like
TitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really niceTitaniumFist is just really nice

Current votes stand at:

Spiderman (Shad0w) 4 (Counting bloodpack's vote as a full vote since he explained it later)
Sentinel (TFist) 5

Onslaught (Lux) 5.5
Ryu (Rob)
Iron Man (Bonkah)
Ken (Paki) 4.5
Sakura (SXAcrip)
0 [Eliminated]
Juggernaut (LS)
8.5 [Winner]
Cyclops (NOFL)
Wolverine (Duce) 1

(Voting ends on the 30th of this month. The old schedule got thrown out the window a while back...seeing as the last H-2-H poll was up for 2 weeks.)

Old 10-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #54
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Karma, you didn't vote in one of the battles.

Everyone else, keep voting.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #55
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

i'm quite sure i voted them all...
*reads back*

EDIT:
you're right !

Quote:
Ironman VS Ken = ???
Its hard, both of you two had good lines, well like i said above to the other two, i doubt you did your best there. still i felt the characters not on all lines, but enough references so we can tell. I think both of you two were underprepared for this fight. even though they are similar their background isn't and thats what you should of played upon. i got a few favorites from both sides, so i really dont know which one i should root for. and can't vote for the two of them... so... i'll be back with this one...
Ken GMV.
after reading much i noticed how certain parts didnT' rhyme though.
seemed to me like ironman didn't knew his opponent.
said he had no claim of fame... being 2 times world champion is quite the fame i tell ya.
overall both had good things going , but i think they both fell short, only looking at them as "they" wanted and not as they were. both could do better then this.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 10-25-2012 at 01:54 AM.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 AM   #56
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Current votes stand at:

Spiderman (Shad0w) 4 (Counting bloodpack's vote as a full vote since he explained it later)
Sentinel (TFist) 5
Onslaught (Lux) 5.5
Ryu (Rob) 1
Iron Man (Bonkah) 2
Ken (Paki) 5.5

Cyclops (NOFL) 2
Wolverine (Duce) 1

(Voting ends on the 30th of this month. The old schedule got thrown out the window a while back...seeing as the last H-2-H poll was up for 2 weeks.)

Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #57
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like
Not On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enoughNot On For Long will become famous soon enough

I guess I won then? The whole "Battle rap" thing kinda feel off, and I wonder why lol.

Good battle Duce.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #58
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, thanks for the reminder. Will update the official one later but, yes, battles are over:

Spiderman (Shad0w) 4
Sentinel (TFist) 5 [WINNER]
Onslaught (Lux) 5.5 [WINNER]
Ryu (Rob) 1
Iron Man (Bonkah) 2
Ken (Paki) 5.5 [WINNER]
Cyclops (NOFL) 2 [WINNER
Wolverine (Duce) 1

Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #59
Pakistani

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 620
Pakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the roughPakistani is a jewel in the rough
Visit Pakistani's YouTube

Hadrukeeeeeeen!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #60
shad0wslayer
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1303
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Can we bring this back?

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Rookie of the Year Runner Up
Voted 3rd Most Helpful Ambassador
Voted Most Active Forum User
3rd place Wolverine Tournament Champion
3rd place SDC tourney Champiop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumFist View Post
Bahki is love; Bahki is life
shad0wslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #61
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wslayer View Post
Can we bring this back?
Yes, yes we can.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #62
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
shad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the roughshad0wslayer is a jewel in the rough

Lets do it then lol

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #63
~TR~Robert
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 83
~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about~TR~Robert has a spectacular aura about
Visit ~TR~Robert's Facebook

If ppl get active/want this to start up i can talk to T Fist assuming he still want me to run it

~TR~Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #64
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like

*Deactivates Troll mode for a post* I'm going to be honest, the SFO Battle Rap thing was one of the best things of this year that happened on PX. Because it gave the forum trolls a place to troll in peace, the players played in peace, drama was on the shoutbox(Not enough to cause bans and what not, but enough to keep something relevant), people was interacting(Even if it was via trash talk, nobody been malicious to another person yet through key styling.)

I think we should bring it back, but set up more stuff.

The thing hat killed this was the over-usage of gimmicks to compensate for the fact that people just don't want to be direct and personal, all of that "Pick a character" is cool and all but it should have been a lot more "Person A vs Person B" to keep stuff active because it would display your craft a lot more because you'd have to be creative(Name flips, rebuttals, etc.etc) and more realistic.

We should all set up stuff for all forms of writing, even poetry. Allow people to express themselves more by promoting the opportunity to do so, and it'll strictly be on that section just like last time. Yeah trolling happened still but it wasn't anywhere near as much as it has been, nothing ban worthy happened during the time when people had this stuff AND people kind of became molded towards not being sensitive(TaeTae's word) / being able to take a joke truth be told.

Moral of the story: If anybody is willing to bring this back, I will personally try to set it up if the staff approves.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #65
TitaniumFist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TR~Robert View Post
If ppl get active/want this to start up i can talk to T Fist assuming he still want me to run it
Shad0w's already taken the initiative to start one (see General section). You both can alternate hosting it if you want, but none of you should bother if you're not going to be adults about it.

As soon as I stopped hosting it and handed it over to Robert, nonsense ensued. Y'all wouldn't stop dogging the man about this that and the other.

Whoever the host is, respect them as they're volunteering their time to keep the activity on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not On For Long View Post
*Deactivates Troll mode for a post* I'm going to be honest, the SFO Battle Rap thing was one of the best things of this year that happened on PX. Because it gave the forum trolls a place to troll in peace, the players played in peace, drama was on the shoutbox(Not enough to cause bans and what not, but enough to keep something relevant), people was interacting(Even if it was via trash talk, nobody been malicious to another person yet through key styling.)

I think we should bring it back, but set up more stuff.

The thing hat killed this was the over-usage of gimmicks to compensate for the fact that people just don't want to be direct and personal, all of that "Pick a character" is cool and all but it should have been a lot more "Person A vs Person B" to keep stuff active because it would display your craft a lot more because you'd have to be creative(Name flips, rebuttals, etc.etc) and more realistic.

We should all set up stuff for all forms of writing, even poetry. Allow people to express themselves more by promoting the opportunity to do so, and it'll strictly be on that section just like last time. Yeah trolling happened still but it wasn't anywhere near as much as it has been, nothing ban worthy happened during the time when people had this stuff AND people kind of became molded towards not being sensitive(TaeTae's word) / being able to take a joke truth be told.

Moral of the story: If anybody is willing to bring this back, I will personally try to set it up if the staff approves.
You're all free to bring back whatever parts of this thing as you want. (And actually we had three forms: topical, character, and head to head, which is kind of what you're asking for here.) So I don't think that we dropped one (head to head) for the other (character battle), maybe I'm reading your post wrong. Maybe it was too spread out for people or they didn't want to participate in one of the three forms so they lost interest. Who knows.

About poetry and other creative writing outlets, we've actually tried it before. Way back when I was an NWO, I created a creative writing thread. Before that Byrd made a poetry thread, I believe.

In early 2008 (in the mod section) we once had plans to create a several subcategories, but it was agreed it was actually better to keep things simpler. We had way too many subcategories and the forum would have been cluttered. These were some of them:

Quote:
Creative Writing

This section would promote creativity among members as well. Attempting to create a thread of the same name in General last year didnít work out so well. I do believe creative writing (in all its forms) deserves a home of its own. Purely my opinion, which is biased. Iím open to be dissuaded.

Some forms of writing that could be allowed here and some existing ones we could move here: (Although, we may not need to actually move them. Just direct members to use this section in future. The only one weíd move is something like the poem thread.)

-SBYRD5ís Poem Thread from RandomInsanity
-Member written stories
-RPGís
-Rap Battles & Lyrical pieces
-Songs & Poetry
Maybe, if you all actually plan to utilize the sections, we could create some of the subcategories now. After years of no clans, we added them, after all.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #66
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
You're all free to bring back whatever parts of this thing as you want. (And actually we had three forms: topical, character, and head to head, which is kind of what you're asking for here.) So I don't think that we dropped one (head to head) for the other (character battle), maybe I'm reading your post wrong. Maybe it was too spread out for people or they didn't want to participate in one of the three forms so they lost interest. Who knows.
Yeah you misread the post, I didn't say any got dropped. But I'm talking more about the time-span in between each event, I think we should do sign ups for every event. Then 5 days later a PM should be sent to everybody as a reminder(I'll personally do that), then everything is due like 4 days after the reminder. The people who can handle writing multiple stuff can sign up for as many as they want, and the people who can't will just sign up for 1 or so.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #67
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

How y'all feel about math hitting serius like that though?
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #68
shad0wslayer
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to make it a thread but I was banned

Achievements
Voted Best Chun li User
Quote:
Old 09-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #69
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

bored, just writing so here, i'll do the char bit in a bit after i found out my opponent.

I rather Tyson get close like damn bro tell me a secret
Bite my ear off and then have Van Gogh tell me to keep it
Prepare for this tournament and the abundance of bad times
Thread should say Colorado cause i'm gonna flood it with land slides
The aurora of my torture and army will Have You Panting
We came for you but you turned into a b1ytch ....Bradley Manning
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #70
Not On For Long

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnGRB View Post
bored, just writing so here, i'll do the char bit in a bit after i found out my opponent.

I rather Tyson get close like damn bro tell me a secret
Bite my ear off and then have Van Gogh tell me to keep it
Prepare for this tournament and the abundance of bad times
Thread should say Colorado cause i'm gonna flood it with land slides
The aurora of my torture and army will Have You Panting
We came for you but you turned into a b1ytch ....Bradley Manning
Wooooooooooooo *Ric Flair/Serius Jones*

xD

Old 09-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #71
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not On For Long View Post
Wooooooooooooo *Ric Flair/Serius Jones*

xD
Knocks you out
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM