SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > Street Fighter Online > New Features

View Poll Results: Would this help activity within the game?
Yes 6 54.55%
No 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(PS3) Gamer tag reference thread (SXA)crip General 29 03-16-2013 06:54 PM
Character Week: Week 3! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 7 03-18-2012 06:57 PM
Character Week: Week 2! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 7 03-14-2012 01:31 PM
Character Week: Week 2! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 14 03-12-2012 11:02 AM
Character Week: Week 1! -Elite_Ken- Challenges and Tournaments 3 03-05-2012 06:23 PM

Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Noobkiller

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 63
Noobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the roughNoobkiller is a jewel in the rough
Default Gamer of the Week

Bring back the meaning of "Rank".

One possible way of doing this is by:
Have members smash keyboards all night long fighting one another.
The person who holds Rank 1 the longest within a week will be crowned "Gamer of the Week"
He/She will hold a special creed for 1 week that displays this achievement.
To make this a competitive sport, a rare color will be given out for a limited time.
However, it does not stop there.
Display the said person's name somewhere on the forum(Similar to SOTW that was done on SFOUG). This will get a handful of the forum crawlers back in game as well as the active members motivated to continue playing for the prize.

This will require immense activity of the staff(Manually monitoring on who has streaked the longest & Giving/taking out prizes. However, I believe that they are up to the task.
If anything, it would be a good 'experiment'.

If you have a different idea on how to revive "Rank", feel free to discuss.

Last edited by Noobkiller; 12-16-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Noobkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: Gamer of the Week

last time we did this, we ended up with a top 10 of cheaters !
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

TMy should hard code some boosts into the top 3 ranked players.

+7
+5
+3

respectfully, because they already have that pre-match banner which is nifty.

Plus like Karma said, we been though things similar to this too many times, last time we gave yo guys another chance their was even more cheaters.

LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
ItachiForever

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 336
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: Gamer of the Week

I really do wish for the value of rank to be restored. I wasn't here for that blasphemy but most people will do anything to get the advantage. At one point I was one of them but I was given another chance. Even though it may fail. Can we get another chance?

Edit: People have discredited rank for as long as I been on. Even vets laugh at you when you have it. Rank value needs to be restored.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
1-hitta

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 2384
1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough1-hitta is a jewel in the rough

People really care about rank these days?

Cyber Akuma -- Brought to you by SFO Underground!

1-hitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
LiquidSnake78

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 994
LiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really niceLiquidSnake78 is just really nice
Visit LiquidSnake78's Facebook

That was the whole point of previous events. To restore "Rank value" to SFO.
Sadly, even those who participated, of course, went above and beyond (such as cheating via event, free wins and etc), ruined the chance for ANY more rank events to be made on SFO for the time being.

You guys are just going to have to restore it the old fashion way, logging on and fight whoever.

^
LiquidSnake78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough

@Shady We suppose to be getting new players(if we don't count the ones who have already came). Now imagine if he say "oo im rank 3". Then older vets like yourself don't care enough to let that lil man dream. They hit him with they why rank don't matter speech. Then that will be the crucial point in which he decides to stay or leave. Not many new people ever find there way to forum then stick to it. I have watched this happen too many times already.

@ls Even without events such as that one you held. People have cheated to get rank 1 for years even if it is not a event. I can testify to this with seeing pp-python or pauyy this year. The question is who are you doing it for? Cheaters can be caught. But np
Old 12-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Shadow_Raichu

Tournaments Joined: 4
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 181
Shadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the roughShadow_Raichu is a jewel in the rough
Visit Shadow_Raichu's Facebook Visit Shadow_Raichu's Twitter Visit Shadow_Raichu's YouTube

I voted no on this:
Why? because i still see some sfo users still brag, complain, get emotional about rank (not gonna point fingers at anyone). I am one of the vets who don't care no more about rank.

As far as cheating is concerned, users think they can get away with it without getting caught nor matter the playing style of another user. It's time to take a screenshot or record a video, and report it to the staff (w/o game vindication), and have that user banned temporary. Cheating is wrong, yall should know that by now? Btw... this doesnt include the sfo staff here.

IGNs/Characters: 1) avatar-killers (Cyclops, Ryu), 2) Shadow_Raichu (Wolverine, Sentinel) 3) runney (Ryu, Cyclops)
Game Modes: XvssF & Zero-E
How Long Been Playing SFO: since 2001-present
Clan: Elite Aces
Current Status: Elite VIP/Community Member & Supporter
Position: SFO Staff-In Game Moderator of 2017
Shadow_Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
LuXv

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 764
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiForever View Post
@ls Even without events such as that one you held. People have cheated to get rank 1 for years even if it is not a event. I can testify to this with seeing pp-python or pauyy this year. The question is who are you doing it for? Cheaters can be caught. But np
Honestly there really is no discussion here, we are not bringing this back.

You mentioned people cheat REGARDLESS of this event, which makes me believe even more people will cheat if we ever bring this event back.

As for cheaters being caught, You don't understand what we go through to track them down, and all the wasted time it takes to find member's, convince ourselves they have cheated instead of just playing like a "race to 10", find the "dummy accounts" where its like 3/174 w/l ratio, and ban them all, then write a speech about it.

We will never make an event that we know will fail, like I said right now is not the time for this. Rank does have value btw, everyone wants to be in the top 5 before they are Archived by TMy himself. So they can be in the SFO "History Books"

Last edited by LuXv; 12-17-2013 at 03:27 PM.
LuXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like

You have a point. No wonder people don't log in until its archived time. Leaving the servers empty for the rest of the year. You are exactly right........
Old 12-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

We thought the first time we caught the cheaters and took action against them that they woukd wise up and realize they weren't going to get away with it.
We were wrong and we had even more people be ballsy and cheat their way to the top and of course we took action against those too.

Because of this, we refuse to do any more rank events ever again.

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Killer
SFO Admin

Tournaments Joined: 10
Tournaments Won: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 836
Killer is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARYKiller is LEGENDARY

lol.

What Orlando says.

But at the same damn time.. I'm itching for a weekly SFO small-scale event

She's Coming...
And yeah.. I edited an entire GIF

Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like

Refusing to learn history and trying to learn from history are two different things. Do not get them confused.

I am not saying not doing it is a bad thing cause I see where yall coming from. But for us who are in-game often during this time. We would like to see more activity and more purpose when we do play each other.

All members can do is offer suggestions. So with that I am done.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
Orlando0

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 45
Orlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the roughOrlando0 is a jewel in the rough
Visit Orlando0's YouTube

History taught me that rank events make people cheat and are simply not worth doing.

Good enough for me,

Send me a PM if you decide to add me on PSN, so I don't mistake you for a random Friend seeker.
Want to know what is the music played in SFO?
Orlando0 is offline   Reply With Quote