SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > General

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer! xfaderx Links 66 05-03-2013 11:11 PM
Weapon X Trials: Days of the Future Past SolidSnake76 Challenges and Tournaments 25 04-08-2012 08:08 PM
Been working on this for the past 400 days... Americanbadass General 8 02-17-2011 12:26 AM
Official Rambo Four Teaser Trailer TitaniumFist Links 13 05-25-2007 01:53 PM

Old 10-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
SolidSnake76
Master

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3107
SolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of lightSolidSnake76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: X-Men : Days Of Future Past (official trailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liger Zero View Post
3 was the absolute worst. I was talking with a friend of mine who is a huge comic fan so he hates most of the comic films that have come out. He did love Dredd like I did though. He says the same thing I say. Why does hollywood feel the need to change so much from comic to film. The comic fans loved it for a reason and I am positive that most of the things from the comics would appeal to everyone. Changing around X-Men was annoying.

I seriously felt that Rogues role in the movies is 100% Jubilee. A teen girl who discovers her powers and runs away. They just totally replace that with Rogue. My question was why and I understand Jubilee had the most pointless power ever but it wasnt about her power it was about her not being accepted for what she is and finding her home with the X-Men.

Its like The Avengers which I hated for the most part but it wasnt the worst movie which are changing Ultrons story to fit their sequel. They did the same to Mandarin in Iron Man 3 which in my oppinion ruined Iron Man.

If the X-Men movies did what the 90's cartoon series did then they would be the most awesome movies ever created but they instead decided to take bits and pieces and peice it together in their own story/universe to try and make sense of things when they didnt even need to do that. I know people would say "But then they would have to make a lot of sequels" and all I have to say to that is well "Havent they already?!"

Why change the story to the comics to fit whatever story youve seemingly made up in your head. They did the Weapon X thing terrible and did no justice at all in X2 explaining Wolverines backstory. Then X-Men 3 was just horrible with Juggernaut suddenly being a mutant and not some nerdy guy who got possesion of a gem. Trask was played by Bill Duke in the 3rd film and is now played but the short dude from Game of Thrones.

Im sorry Karma but Halle made me cringe way to much in the X-Men films. She either over reacts or just acts made through the series. Those are the only 2 things she does in the series.
I have a cousin who, believe it or not, firmly believes the movies are correct in what they are showing and even had the nerve to argue with me despite the fact that he has never read a single comic book in his whole life. precisely what I hate Hollywood for is misguiding the ignorant masses who never read the book and chop up the whole series to something that doesn't match up to the originals. Sabertooth shouldn't of died, too much inconsistencies with their powers, wolverine not knowing who sabertooth is and being a little punk throughout most of the film, 2 I can say is a little more tolerable for me.... just a little...

Ironman, I dunno what to say exactly cause I never read his comics. but the mandarin... problem is they are trying to relate things to today's real world far too much. bringing in a sense of realism to relate to the viewers is killing the originality when the focus is suppose to take the viewers into a different world of imagination with these types of films.

its like what I would prefer for the perfect tomb raider movie: COPY TOMB RAIDER 3!!! put the entire premise on the big screen and that would be the best video game movie production ever. this "days of the future past" looks like a lot of focus on Xavier instead of the whole group compared to the comic. and wolverine normally have some form of mental shielding against mental attacks, you think his past self would succumb easily to the future essence of his mind? kitty was chosen in the comic for a reason..

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted...

Elder Veteran (2001-2002)
SolidSnake76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #27
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Ironman putting too much reality to it.. and extremis breathing fire wasn'T enough fantasy for you ?

i'll give you that much, i hate brian singer and christopher nolan for their edgy style trend. i mean i watch movies to come out of my relaity not to fall back on it. but i can tell you this much... tell me which characters weren'T who they were supposed to be from the xmen aside from either cosmetic things or familly related things ? Cyclops was beastly in the movies, i just wished they hadn'T killed him in the third movie. which sucked mostly... Wolverine is exactly as he should be. sabertooth being wolvys brother.. who cares ? wolverine not recognising sabertooth, hello memory problems...

overall yes there are problems in those movies, just like in any movies.
but let me ask you the real version of the question you should all ask yourselves...
Which version are you talking about ?

as far as i am concerned wolverine has restarted so often story wise that one time more or less wont change a thing. same with any other charcaters.

you know a few years back i was like you guys, thinkign why change winning formulas and all...
today i understand that one has to make a work his for it to have a chance at working, otherwise we'd be watching the same old 50 year of cinema for like 50 years now.imagine dracula being remade with new graphics ever 5 years. imagine watching it like every 5 years. same story, no changes at all, just different camera angles and updated graphics.

sorry but i dont wanna see the classic trilogy of star wars over and over again.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

movies aren't for comic book fans, they're for the majority populace.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
DamnGRB

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 694
DamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura aboutDamnGRB has a spectacular aura about

After seeing the avenger movies and their stand alone movies..I don't care about the x-men movies anymore.. i'm sorry man but I find the avengers story and what they deal with a LOT more interesting.
Riku
Crystal
Bahki
GameOver
~H~Blaze
YGLM
DamnGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 37
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

i just dont understand the argument why people would compare the movie from the source material (comics/books/games)

whenever i go see watch a movie adaptation, i always leave behind everything i know about the characters because this is an ADAPTATION

were all familiar with the comics, etc. but we should know that the movie ISNT aimed for the comic geeks, it is aimed for the general public who has no idea about the source material

and when adapting a film, there are factors that need to be considered:

-budget
-script
-direction
-plot AND

how this would all fit in a 2-hour running time!

you cant expect the whole X-Men mythos (that ran for 5 decades) to be told in just a single or three films! and thus, changes had to be made in regard to origins and backstory!
bloodpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #31
evryoung8998
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 19
evryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enoughevryoung8998 will become famous soon enough
Visit evryoung8998's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpack View Post
i just dont understand the argument why people would compare the movie from the source material (comics/books/games)

whenever i go see watch a movie adaptation, i always leave behind everything i know about the characters because this is an ADAPTATION

were all familiar with the comics, etc. but we should know that the movie ISNT aimed for the comic geeks, it is aimed for the general public who has no idea about the source material

-budget
-script
-direction
-plot AND

you cant expect the whole X-Men mythos (that ran for 5 decades) to be told in just a single or three films! and thus, changes had to be made in regard to origins and backstory!
There's some things you can't just leave behind cause they mess it up so greatly. Take for example deadpool...or the mandarin... it was pretty sad.

"Dewd, you're like a man whore"- azncat
evryoung8998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
If you are working from the source material then they dont need to know anything about the source material.....

Quote:

-budget
-script
-direction
-plot AND

Ok lets take out the fact they have gone beyond 3 movies for all this franchises with Iron Man getting a 4th and etc. Then lets ignore how blade summed up everything in 2 hours and did it very well. Then lets ignore the fact that they can easily ignore the source material and get you straight into it like Dredd 3d.

It is highly possible to fit everything you need into 1 film knowing you should have a sequel.

Spiderman was not a good movie for me at all but it did do a good job at using everything it needed for its first film. I am not saying at all that they need to use every bit of information what I am saying is the changes they have made and did make are 9 times out of 10 not necessary.

Wolverine being brothers with Sabretooth. Like solid said this created the first of many continuity issues with Sabretooth not recognizing Wolverine. Lets just ignore Wolverine Origins like most people do. Then lets go back to my Rogue replacing Jubilee's story in X-Men 1 with teen girl running away from home then finding the X-Men. Why was that change needed? it wouldnt have been any different if they used Jubilee and had an adult Rogue in the film.

Now we look at the Mandarin and him not even being the Mandarin but an actor with 10 rings that do nothing. Then lets say its based in some sort of reality. Ok well if not being able to use magic then how about the 10 rings control some sort of technology that can give the Mandarin an advantage against Iron Man. Instead they quickly wrote off Mandarin and a nothing. A character that rivals Iron Man in the comics is reduced to nothing and no one outside the comic universe even cares or knows just how good a villain he should have been.

Again i never said use every single bit of information in each film. I am saying dont ignore most of it and make changes to things that never needed changing in the first place. Thats the problem with the comic book films.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #33
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
bloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nicebloodpack is just really nice

Quote:
If you are working from the source material then they dont need to know anything about the source material.....

Ok lets take out the fact they have gone beyond 3 movies for all this franchises with Iron Man getting a 4th and etc. Then lets ignore how blade summed up everything in 2 hours and did it very well. Then lets ignore the fact that they can easily ignore the source material and get you straight into it like Dredd 3d.

It is highly possible to fit everything you need into 1 film knowing you should have a sequel.

Spiderman was not a good movie for me at all but it did do a good job at using everything it needed for its first film. I am not saying at all that they need to use every bit of information what I am saying is the changes they have made and did make are 9 times out of 10 not necessary.

Wolverine being brothers with Sabretooth. Like solid said this created the first of many continuity issues with Sabretooth not recognizing Wolverine. Lets just ignore Wolverine Origins like most people do. Then lets go back to my Rogue replacing Jubilee's story in X-Men 1 with teen girl running away from home then finding the X-Men. Why was that change needed? it wouldnt have been any different if they used Jubilee and had an adult Rogue in the film.

Now we look at the Mandarin and him not even being the Mandarin but an actor with 10 rings that do nothing. Then lets say its based in some sort of reality. Ok well if not being able to use magic then how about the 10 rings control some sort of technology that can give the Mandarin an advantage against Iron Man. Instead they quickly wrote off Mandarin and a nothing. A character that rivals Iron Man in the comics is reduced to nothing and no one outside the comic universe even cares or knows just how good a villain he should have been.

Again i never said use every single bit of information in each film. I am saying dont ignore most of it and make changes to things that never needed changing in the first place. Thats the problem with the comic book films.

true that there were exceptions

true that there were films successfully adapted BUT its hollywood, and you dont expect it to happen all the time

i cant hide my disappointments but i always keep an open mind and shrug it off, afterall, its just a film, im not a director or producer so who am i to complain?
Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice

Lieger, put yourself in the shoes of people who made it... did they wanna make their own movies or did they wanna make a story that was already made and heard thousand of times already ?

seriously, are you that blind about it, you who actually love movies, you who above all else should have a higher mind into it. seriously, i was like you a few years back. now i just watch movies leaving behind my knowledge of what i know. those movies aren'T your comic book, and if you ask me the heart was there as long as the heart is there there is noting wrong changing a few things here and there.

as for plot holes left by story elements... dude we see that in every single movies in existence.
SSJKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #35
Liger Zero
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 6427
Liger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really niceLiger Zero is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJKarma View Post
Lieger, put yourself in the shoes of people who made it... did they wanna make their own movies or did they wanna make a story that was already made and heard thousand of times already ?

seriously, are you that blind about it, you who actually love movies, you who above all else should have a higher mind into it. seriously, i was like you a few years back. now i just watch movies leaving behind my knowledge of what i know. those movies aren'T your comic book, and if you ask me the heart was there as long as the heart is there there is noting wrong changing a few things here and there.

as for plot holes left by story elements... dude we see that in every single movies in existence.
Yes but in doing so they betray the one demographic that put them in that position and thats the comic fans.
Liger Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
bloodpack
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Yes but in doing so they betray the one demographic that put them in that position and thats the comic fans.
sad truth bro...
do we really believe they made the movie avengers just to please you and me? or the comic fans?

did they make the harry potter films solely for the people who read the books?

nope
as long as the opportunity is there, the hype is there to milk the public, then hollywood bureaucrats would cash on it
Old 10-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
masterbob
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 54
masterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nicemasterbob is just really nice

Quote:
sad truth bro...
do we really believe they made the movie avengers just to please you and me? or the comic fans?

did they make the harry potter films solely for the people who read the books?

nope
as long as the opportunity is there, the hype is there to milk the public, then hollywood bureaucrats would cash on it
Yes. If they made movies for comic book fans, they would lose money. They just take the source material because it's easier than creating original ideas. Throw in opportunities to make money and boom you have yourself a movie.